Author Topic: Jewel of the Desert  (Read 14330 times)

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Alakhwan
Re: Jewel of the Desert
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2019, 09:21:13 PM »
Næxyn was rather disappointed with Heydar. She hadn't know what exactly to expect, but she hadn't expected him to act like a child and storm off. For that was what Næxyn considered it despite how calmly he may have left. He made a request and when foreign royals had the audacity not say bow to his whim and acquiesce, he suddenly had family he needed to see immediately. It was honestly quite sad; he should've at least stayed for a moment longer just to keep up appearances.

"I suppose his majesty doesn't take well to being denied," Prince Zadyr said in their native tongue, deadpan.

"True. A pity that; I guess Seleucid hospitality only extends to those who lick your boots," Næxyn shrugged, then looked over at her other husband, who was simply picking at his food.

"Dearest wife, now that our host has taken his leave I think I'm going to do the same. There's still an entire festival out there, after all," Aataxaris said, smiling. Næxyn nodded, bidding him goodbye for the moment. She was thinking about the day so far, and it hadn't gone quite as well as she might have hoped. But at least she gained some measure of insight into King Heydar. And who knows, perhaps Ælirn might actually entertain Heydar's request. But at the moment her focus returned to the luncheon; she planned to stay for the whole of the festival so she might as well enjoy herself.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2019, 05:50:27 PM »
Abbas which had kept a low profile until then saw the whole thing including that Heydar had left. He didn’t pay much attention so he didn’t know exactly was that about but knowing how foreigners usually are he wasn’t not surprised that they probably insulted him. He figured that it was time to start his tour of the RS which included a visit to the Manist community as well as his recently gifted domain. His wife Alya would stay longer at the fair. He figured that since she always wanted to have a bigger say in running the Empire shaving to spend more foreigners should be the price to pay for that. 

Before he left he approached the Xaethoon delegation and addressed the princess and her spouses. He always considered that men who enter polyandrous marriages had a different sexual orientation and tried to mask it but Pramoria’s recent emergence from isolation had shaken that belief to the core. After addressing all the Xaethoon with the correct title he said:

“It’s been a pleasure meeting you and talking to you. I hope we will have the opportunity to talk again in the future. I do have one small favor to ask, when you meet H.I.M. please do give her this from us. My wife Alya believes she might appreciate it. “

After he handed Næxyn a small casing, he said:

“God protect” as a goodbye and left.

Spoiler:  Tamoran Pen • show

Inside there was a very expensive pen with the Xaethoon motto “Look to the Past to Prepare for the Future” engraved in Parthian showing that it was custom built to be gifted to the Xaethoon Empress. 

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Alakhwan
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2019, 10:35:41 PM »
Næxyn was surprised when Emperor Abbas himself made his way over to the three of them and actually addressed her husbands for once. It was a pleasant surprise, and Næxyn smiled at the man's words, "It has been a pleasure meeting you as well, Your Majesty, and I share that hope as well. And I would be more than happy to give this to my Empress."

"May your God watch over you," she said as her own farewell. The Princess was glad that something else had been gained from her attendance today; she sincerely doubted that Tamora and Xæth would ever be friends but she could perhaps do something to prevent the two nations from becoming too antagonistic. After all, she had fought Communist beside Tamorans and she'd hate to be forced to consider them her enemies. Then she opened up the case to see what exactly the gift was, only to laugh out loud when she saw what it was. Zadyr looked over curiously, smiling as well when he saw the pen. They both knew full well of Ælirn's fondness for fancy pens, and it seemed Alya did as well. Either that or it was simple luck, but Næxyn felt like giving the woman the benefit of the doubt.