Author Topic: Thunderdome - The Ruckus In The Basiliscus  (Read 2128 times)

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Seaforth
Thunderdome - The Ruckus In The Basiliscus
« on: October 13, 2018, 06:00:06 PM »

To Pope Peter II

I have received the communication from your offices and I am willing to meet to discuss the future of the catholic church in Slava Lavosk and the north in general. Be warned though, I care not for the Ecclesiastical States, politicians, wealth or favours. My only concern is the spiritual well being of all peoples and the basic humanity that resides in us all.

To that end, I would receive you at the Sarajevo Cathedral, at your convenience.

Bishop Marko Vasic
Patriarch of the Slava Lavosk Orthodox Church and Thaddeus, Pontifex of The Northern Catholic Rite

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
Re: Thunderdome - The Ruckus In The Basiliscus
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 02:26:32 PM »
"Thaddeus, Pontifex of The Northern Catholic Rite"...Thadd…-…" The Young Pope still couldn't believe it that some random Orthodox Bishop simpy manipulated and hijacked his way to fame and power in one go, taking advantage of the perceived lack of attention towards slavery by the Pope, utterly ridiculous Peter thought, the fact that it was obvious sinful opportunism was involved; he would have definitely excommunicated that bastard if he was Catholic to begin with. Still, he wanted to meet with Bishop Vasic to see if there was anyway he could be brought into the light, at the risk of upsetting many traditional catholics with a proposal which was given to Grand Master Erik of the Holy Trinity; he doubted it would work but it was Worth a try, "Reformation 2.0 is happening all over again..." he said in the limo which took him in front of the cathedral.

With plain clothes Helvetic Guards, he approached the Orthodox Bishop, with crowds surrounding the area, of which some could be heard proclaiming the Catholic Pope's name; clearly not everyone was impressed by Vasic's stunt despite the claim made that all Catholics gladly joined his heretical movement. "Bishop Vasic, God Bless you, thanks for willing to meet me face to face, I'm sure we got a lot to discuss about..." Peter greeted with a smile as he embraced and kissed the Bishop, just to show Christian unity of a kind.

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Seaforth
Re: Thunderdome - The Ruckus In The Basiliscus
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 08:47:53 PM »

Bishop Vasic noted that the Pope's smile never reached his eyes. Fixing an equally insincere smile to his face, the Bishop returned the kiss of peace, though he doubted there would be any peace to find here. He hear the mixed reactions of the crowd and cries of "Thaddeus!" and "Peter!" and the sporadic "Deus Vult!".

As he ushered Pope Peter into the Cathedral, he remined himself that this man was no man of God, but a politician in a white frock. As cunning and manipulative as any President or King on Mundus.

Seating themselves in equal chairs, each accompanied by a side table. A carafe of ice water was brought to each with an additional carafe of coffee was brought to Bishop Vasic. An inquiry of refreshments was made to Pope Peter and when they arrived, Bishop Vasic gave a short prayer to bless this meeting and invited Pope Peter to offer his own prayer.

"Now Peter, it is quite obvious your reasons for this meeting. I invite you to open your heart and tell me your thoughts and desires."