Author Topic: A meal with Munseki  (Read 2231 times)

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
A meal with Munseki
« on: September 15, 2018, 09:04:30 PM »

To:- Ambassador Scott

It is with great pleasure that I have been assigned a duty by my Queen to ensure future good relationships between our nations. We share the continent of Albion and are members of the Council of Albion yet beyond that we share very little. As such I would like to try and change that so I would request the pleasure of your company at this weeks Dynamo Gaia football match as they take on local rivals Spartak F.C, there is no better way of getting to know the city you are presently calling home than understanding this rivalry. Afterwards I hope you will join me for supper so we can discuss the great future between our nations.

Best Regards

Lord Besarian Ivanov
Lord of the Conclave.

It was the biggest fixture in the Lodjain footballing calender, the pale blues of Dynamo versus the Green's of Spartak. Football was really a game for the Plebs but it had grown more and more in the last five years and now it was a great way of looking like a man of the people. Besarian managed to feign a real love of the game and had made a point of buying an executive box right on the halfway line at Dynamo's stadium. He attended every game that he could and usually filled the box with people he needed to keep sweet. Tonight the streets had already been filled with the crowd surging towards the ground and even with a slight chill in the air people proudly displayed their colours. Besarian avoided the chill in the temperature controlled box with the sound of the crowd pumped in and controlable, the leather armchairs and big screens meaning they got the live view and all the angles on all the action. Besarian had his personal chef cooking up a selection of chicken strips, mini tacos and some some nice chorizo and cheese pastries.

Duke Thikon was enjoying standing on the boxes balcony with a bottled beer in his hand enjoying watching the pyro displays of the two teams as the fans began tuning their voices ready for kick off. Anna Utkin, the Representative of the Plebs and Minister for Social Affairs appeared behind him. "Spartak to win 2-1" she said proudly wearing her green shirt. She had grown up a pleb and only by virtue of meeting a noble husband at a rock concert has she climbed the social hierachy that defined life in Lodja. Now her husband was passed on, died in a bungled burglary eight years ago. She'd used his estate and wealth as well as her newly acquired title as a Duchess to try and look after the poor as best she could, but football was still in her blood.

"A thousand says Dynamo win" Thikon said as he turned round, his eyes rolling slightly at the sight of the Pleblian football shirt.

"You're on" Anna said shaking his hand.

Besarian was hovering by the Executive Box door, a glass of red wine in his hand watching his chef busy himself in the small kitchen. He found cooking fascinating despite hardly ever having done any himself. He was waiting for his guest of honour to arrive as well as indulging his interest of seeing food created.

Offline Muneski

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Muneski
Re: A meal with Munseki
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 11:48:06 PM »
It was a Friday Evening as 3:30 pm.
Ambassador Scott stepped out of the Muneskian embassy in Gaia Lodja.
He god into the Lodjian provided car to take him to the fottball match while one of the porters loaded the Muneskian delicasies into the back which he was taking to the match.
It was a 20 min drive to the stadium on empty roads as the whole city was at the stadium already or watching the match from home.
When he god to the stadium he went up to royal box through a secret entance with 10 minuets to spare.

He greeted Lord Besarian Ivanov with "Hi i'm ambassador Scott."
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 05:18:28 PM by Muneski »

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 10:34:24 PM »
"Ambassador come in" Besarian turned his attention away from the chef's work and picked up a beer bottle from the ice bucket. "May I offer you a beer, we have wine or some liquior if you prefer" the leading politician of Lodja slightly withdrew the bottle allowing the Ambassador to make his choice. Once he was suitably sorted with a beverage Besarian took him out onto the balcony, the ground was largely full now and several people were taking photos of the box, seeing their nations Lord of the Conclave worth a snap or two. "This is Duke Thikkon, not in the Conclave but a man of influence in our nation, was engaged to our former Queen's sister for a while but now that's been cancelled" Besarian introduced the man who seemed to have now caught the eye of the new Queen too. "This is Lady Anna, our Social Affairs Minister" the tattooed former Pleb extended her hand.

"I trust your settling into Gaia" Anna asked as she and Thikkon ventured back inside and settled into the arm chairs along with Besarian and the Ambassador. The crowd outside where beginning to get louder and so Besarian slid the door shut. They had around five minutes before kick off. "More importantly you going to be cheering for Spartak or Dynamo." she asked in a rather stern tone before chuckling.

"Here in Lodja we firmly believe mixing business and pleasure, stuffy formal meetings are for elsewhere, most successful business gets done here over nice meals, good company, a glass of two of something strong and fun." Besarian said beginning to move talk to where he wanted it. "It is our belief Lodja and Munseki have kind of been neighbours on the same street that don't talk but just casually nod good morning as they drive off to work. What we'd like to happen is for that relationship to evolve, for it to become one that see's us sharing more than the occasional glance in each others direction. So perhaps you could start things off, tell us what's been happening in your end of the street so to speak and if Lodja can help in anyway." Besarian took a sip of his beer as he leaned back into the deep black leather of the seat.

Offline Muneski

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Muneski
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 08:30:41 PM »
The ambassador thought as he asked for a whiskey from the waiter.
"We've had nothing going on really other some than some ideas like a trade agreement or a borders agreement to make life easier for each of our citizens.