Author Topic: Festival of Sail - Conclusion  (Read 13977 times)

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
Re: Festival of Sail - Conclusion
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2017, 03:33:42 PM »
Maria smiled at the two children, putting the bowl into their reach so they could take from them: "Of course you two can. Seems i am not the only decorative asset left on the Sideline."
Maria chuckled watching the Kids with their Treats: "So i gather your name is Charles, i am sorry but i don't think i would have been able to not hear it. Can i call you Charlie?" before nodding to the Girl: "How about you introduce you to the Lovely Lady at your Side?"

Offline Zee

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: R A S H I D U N
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2017, 06:07:28 PM »
Charles took a piece from the lady, "Yes it is,Fine i guess you can call me that" He wasn't really paying attention to what the lady said as he was too focused with munching on the crackers, Until she asked him to introduce the girl with him on which he answered, "Oh this peasant?" He said pointing at Millie who was also busy munching on a cracker, "Its Millie sent or something like that" Again not really caring about the situation other than his crackers.

Itz dem adultz

"Oh don't be ridiculous, Am sure she will understand!" Said Najm obviously not wanting to end here and now, He took two full wine glasses and handed James one, "Okay final glass, It was really nice to talk with an adult for a change haha, uh...Cheers" He waited for James to process the situation and clank his glass with Najm, Najm was clearly not happy to end the conversation here, But priorities i guess.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2017, 11:53:56 PM »
"We're going to late again!" The Queen said to The King while onboard the QRB Independence during one of its cruises.

"Don't worry, that's why I brought the Ministers along, for us to enjoy the moment, for us to relish this freedom, this...." He monologues for a few minutes. He was lucky that none of the crowd noticed his poetic thinking.

"Ugh, sometimes I wish in the locked-up son." Fernando, the first prince, whispered.

After another hour of sailing, the old ship docked again, the passengers emptied out. The Royal Family was one of the first to step off from the boat. When they travel, they usually don't have guards surrounding and enclosing them, but rather undercover guards spread through a kilometer radius, along with a film crew for when the King needs to have a statement. The Family continued to walk to where the gala is.

Offline Zee

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2017, 12:25:22 AM »
Hobbes

Meanwhile..

He took his last sip of wine, "Thank you. I should get going." He stood up, holding his glass, and made his way over to his table. Except the kids weren't there. Minerva soon was though, and began asking the same question.

"Where's Millie?"

"I don't know-...I left her with that other kid-.." She responded, holding two plates of food. "I went to go get them food and the line was a half mile long..."

"Well, Probably should look for them.." They sighed collectively, before Minerva spoke. "Hopefully they're not up to anything too bad..." Before they collectively set off to look for the children

Norgeras

Maria shook her head and stood up, putting the bowl aside as she put on her most dearing smile: "Now now, you too. We all know your Parents are close so why don't you two try and put aside these petty little Squabbles?" She held out some more Crackers: "You are both in the same Boat here. You have to behave or else your Parent smight just find out. And since this is a very big Event, you really want to try and be nice to each other. Theres a Ton of people who would Gossip about the Royal Boy Charlie here being a mean little Brat, and Miss Milli being a little Brute that will never find a husband. And those are still the nice things people would say about you." She leaned back and munched on some Crackers: "Everyones eyes are on everyone here."

Zee

After being shoved, Charles immediately got an angry look that was directed to Millie, "Oh how surprising, YOU ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT PEASANT MEANS" Immediately he crossed his arms and looked the other way, clearly not liking the lecture he's having and finally spotting none-other than his father, Right as he saw his father he panicked, If he finds out that he wasn't with Najm, Oh boy he's going to be grounded for life, At this point he wasn't thinking and took Millie's hand and ran as far away as he can from his father and find Najm.

Najm Al-Sabah[/i][/u]

At this point Najm was drunk, Not giving a care about anything he started to roam the wedding occasionally pumping with a few guests and muttering apologizes, As he roamed the place he noticed no one other than King Hans, Finally going to his Boss and surprising him as it seems that Charles wasn't with him.

"Najm? Where is Charles!?" Hans exclaimed  excusing himself from the Morelander couple and dragging Najm with him and Youssef strolling behind the Royal.

"Who?" Najm replied drunkly, "My son you good for nothing idiot, You better find him now, Najm, Or you'll see why they call me the Lord of Erikenstin!" Hans whisper-shouted at Najm's ear, Immediately Najm paled and looked at the King nervously, "Y-yes Sire" Once he said that he suggested looking for the Cascadian Premier as he left Charles for her to babysit, As he took lead to guide the King and General to the Premier, Najm prayed that he would find them there.

Hobbes

"Of course I know what a peasant is you nincompoop!" She sighed, trying to ignore the lecture. She didn't really notice Charles seeing his father, and was caught completely off guard by him trying to pull her off, almost immediately nearly tripping. She regained her footing and was pulled along by him, "Where-...Where are we going?" She asked, confused

Meanwhile, James and Minerva had been trying to comb the crowd "So...we left our daughter with some guy saying the kid he was with was a Prince in Rahidun, and the kid then runs off with our daughter.." James sighed, looking over and not seeing the two children due to the density of the crowd. They were nudged by a man who was revealed to be Najm. Not noticing the two men behind him, James remarked "So, are the two of you really royalty in Rahidun or was this some scheme to come after our daughter?" He snarked, His wife quickly noticed the two men behind him, recognizing the King. "James" She elbowed, and he acknowledged his presence. "Apologies, sir." They both sighed, looking around them in the crowd. Minerva finally spoke up "They wanted food so I went back to the line for them, They were right here for maybe two minutes, tops. I told Charles to watch Millie after this 'fine gentleman' ran off with James, Haven't seen them since." She sighed, "I'm assuming your here for simular reasoning, your majesty?"

Norgeras

Maria had left the Ricecrackers behind as she ducked below a cheerfull crowd trying to keep up with the two kids. She wasn't exactly sure what she got herself into, but her Motherly Instincts kicked back in when she noticed the panicked child runnign away as if being chased by an Honeybadger.

She tried to get him to stop before he ran into anyone, or get himself hurt, as she tried to half whisper half call for him: "Hey Charlie, whatever you are afraid of running away now will only make it worse. So take a deep breath and stop!" She shook her head and tried not to cause to much uproar: "And Miss Malificent. Try stop him." After a short moment of reconsideration, Maria added hushed:  "...gently."

Zee

"Well....uh..uhm..We have to find the kids! So, Lets split up!" Najm immediately changing the subject and speed walking to hopefully run away from everyone's wrath, Not even taking to steps he was dragged back by none other than King Hans, "Ho ho, Not so fast, You're coming with me, Youssef can go with these two fine couple" Once he finished he started walking to another direction to hopefully find the kids.

Once the scene unfolded infront of them, Youssef simply looked at the couple and said a simple "Yo"

Hickery Dickery Kidz running

Charles once again stopped not leaving the girl's hand as to be ready to run again, "We have to find Najm before my dad does, Or am toast!" He said looking at Millie "Were toast!"

Hobbes

The two looked at eachother, over to Youssef, then back at each other, shrugging. "Well, if I was two kids at a wedding, where would I be.." They shrugged,  "Mightaswise start looking near the deserts."

Elsewhere

"Nuh-huh! We were with my mom, we need to find her or I'm-We're dead!" She pulled against him, meakly being pulled along by the older Charles. "If my dad finds me I'm soooo dead! C'mon!" She pulled, "Who is Najm anyways?"

Norgeras

Maria hurried after them, trying to keep an eye on them and not loosing the little Pair: "Charlie. You are aware that whatever will happen, it will be a lot Worse when you keep trying to run? You aren't a little Baby boy. Take a deep breath and think! You won't find this Najm person if you keep running like a chicken without it's head." She took a deep breath as she started to feel her muscles sour. Running really wasn't her Sport. It had always been her sister Waltraud that was inheried their mothers Athletic Genes. She had inherted her Fathers terrible taste in one Night stands.

Zee

Gently trying drag her with him, Both of them evidently not gaining any dominance, "No! We have to find Najm! Is he with your father anyway!?" As he said that he realized someone was following them, He looked behind to see the lady from before and she was gaining on them quickly, "U-uh the lady from before is following us...Is she trying to stop us from finding Najm and your father" He said and was clearly trying to deduce something out of the situation...Is the lady trying to take us away..."Ah! Kidnapper!" He shouted pointing at the lady and running with Millie.

Hans and Najm

Najm was shaking the whole time, Why wouldn't he, Hans was killing him with gazes, If stares could kill, Najm would have a whole in his head.

Suddenly hearing a familiar shout, It was Charles! Hans clearly hearing it and not liking what it sounded like, "D-did he say a "Kidnapper" Said Najm nervously looking at Hans, Hans didnt wait for Najm and walked faster to the direction of the sound.

"I swear Najm, If i see ONE scratch on him, Ill make it one thousand worse on you!"

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Azenyanistan
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2017, 02:07:27 PM »
In East Moreland

The Sirinisian fast passenger ship Dispatch

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.
- Douglas Adams

It seemed so odd to get her so quickly. The ship was fast, of course. And getting through here and there was easy. They were guided and they were assisted. They were expected. And Rosasoro was relieved, so relieved that she stopped rubbing her arms, to have been welcomed like this. But in the back of her dark mind, she felt like there was something up about this that she thought they might do something to her. Or worse, they could do something to her sister. But then she stopped herself like a traffic officer would by waving her arms at the vehicle with her colorful wrist banners and her whistle in her lips.

Rosasoro had to stop worrying. And she took three deep breaths and let them all go, watching them form little clouds of steam. She thought it was so adorable that she blushed like any cartoon girl would. Afterwards, she giggled and thought

It won't be so bad.

With her sister, she watched the grand ship of the East Morelanders as they boarded it from their ship. She was amazed at the reception and at everything else. The Marines look so awesome that she remembered her time as a reservist. Her sister could tell that she was remembering it by how she was being so nervous that her jaw had sunk to the bottom of the ocean.

In the end, the Sisrinisians made it to the reception and here they all go~
Whatever you say, Walker. No matter what happens next, don't be too hard on yourself. After all you've done, you can still go home...

- Konrad, Spec-ops: The Line

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2017, 09:23:48 PM »
It wasn't uncommon for wedding receptions in East Moreland to get a little rowdy, but this was getting out of hand, as Freya and Alex were welcoming the various guests from across Mundus the noise level of various children was getting louder. Alex looked to see if it was Evie and Rhiannon but they were sat merrily on the mess halls dance floor playing patticake oblivious to the chaos. Alex was thinking that if they started the speeches it might restore a bit of order, everyone in their seats and the like but as he was about to head that way a voice was heard above the general din. "Ah! Kidnapper!"

It was like a switch had been pulled and several pairs of eyes turned the direction of the sound, a new sound filled the air as several Red Legionnaires fearing an attempt on the King or Freya had unsheathed swords, on the door had been a two man honour guard of Red Legionairres and they stepped into the doorway as though to block any attempt at a kidnapper to escape. "STAND STILL" one of the Legionnaires yelled as he scanned the room. Cpt. Robbie Peacock has spotted who had yelled about the kidnapper and made his way over, realising pretty quickly this was some sort of false alarm.

"Come with me" the menacing 6ft 2 tall Legionnaire motioned and took the three outside where the assault rifle wielding  duo stood close. "I've no idea what's going on" he loomed over them, "I'm assuming there is no kidnapping" he placed a firm hand on the two children's shoulder, "Either one of these yours?" he asked the woman without really listening and marching the children into the hall. "Ladies and Gentleman" he announced loudly, "Would someone like to claim these two" he looked around waiting for someone to come forward. "Please remember you are in a military building. Thank You" he said firmly.

Meanwhile Alex and Freya had been bundled into a side room while David had been put behind the large screen at the far end of the room. Now as it was clear they were permitted back into the room and Alex decieded it was probably time to get things underway. Archduchess Sophie spotted Rosasoro by the door. "Hi, you lost?" she asked, "Come on, we can grab a seat." Sophie lead them into the mess halls dining room and found several seats picking one. "So where you from?" Sophie asked as she poured herself a glass of orange juice from the bottles arranged in the centre of the table. "Drink?" she offered a bottle of wine and the orange juice.

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2017, 09:41:19 PM »
Maria was shaking, though she seemingly was more upset than frightened, as he answered the legionary: "No, they are not. I Tried to calm him and he kept running, searching for some Man named Natshim or close to that, from what i gathered he was afraid his father would find something out and then made this Fuzz." she shook her head, looking at the boy: "I told you, Charles, you'd be in Trouble if you kept running around screaming."

Matilda meanwhile had given up on searching for Edward again, and was making her way to a place in the Bar where she could observe the Wedding speech better, not being phased in the slightest by the Ruckus around them, as she chewed on some of the Pork.

Offline hobbes

• Basically New Zealand
  • Spain with no a
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: idk
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2017, 10:12:41 PM »
Millie shook as the room burst into commotion, taking the opportunity to break free of Charles, rubbing her now red wrist. She looked around as the man pulled them aside, announcing their presence as her parents finally stepped forward. "What were the two of you doing?!?" exclaimed James, Minerva picking up her daughter and holding her. "Well, you two made a bit of a mess then." She looked over at Maria, "I'm going to assume you weren't trying to kidnap my daughter, miss." She laughed, obviously being sarcastic. "Say thank you to the kind lady, Millicent." She waved at Maria, "Thanks, miss..." She murmered, evidently embarassed.

The three waited for the King and company to arrive to claim their son. Evidently someone had a little bit of explaining to do.
I scream

Offline Zee

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2017, 11:08:39 PM »
Charles was evidently red, The embarrassment was too mch to bare, Wait scratch that, Charles began to recite his prayers once he saw his father approaching slowly, This habbit always killed Charles, As his father calmly walked to him with none other than the person he was running to find, Najm, Who was in the same position as Charles.

Once Hans got close to the and stopped infront of scene, Immediately Charles pointed at Najm and said "I swear its his fault!"

"W-what!?" Najm exclaimed suprised and couldn't say a thing as the King glared at him, Immediately shutting his mouth, The King smiled and looked at Maria and the Cascadian couple, "Well, I hope this inconvenience doesn't hurt anyone's feelings. especially as we are newly negotiating in our nations" Said Hans directed the second part to the Cascadian Couple, And ignoring the glaring contest thats happening between Charles and Najm behind his back, Finally noticing the child in the Premier's hand the King Grinned and looked at Charles, Immediately creeping him out, "Oh ho ho ho, I see whats going on in here, So thats why you didn't want me to find out, Ah dont worry Charles, Your secret is in good hands" Charles not understanding his father, Didn't complain, At least he wasn't getting any lecture or punishment.

"Well I offer my deepest apology to you Premier and your family, If it wasn't for Najm's gullible actions, We wouldn't be in this embarrassing situation. but alas in the end, Charles found a new friend! And thats fantastic!" Hans exclaimed to the couple, Also thanking the other lady for trying to take care of the children while no adult was present.

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2017, 04:20:38 PM »
Maria decided to curtsy to the King: "Your majesty" , before turning towards the couple with a polite smile: "Until Charlie over there started to panic for some reason i can't grasp, we where just about to be introduced." She smiled down at Milly: "So your full Name is Millicent. How nice." Turing her gaze back up, so she could talk to all three of them: "My name is Maria, honored to meet you. To be honest, most of my Days i am just a local Baker, yet since my Mother showed up from Neu Uburzis..." She pointed over to the Naval Regalia dressed woman at the Bar with her head: "She wanted someone to accompany her for the Wedding. And some time with her Grandson. Though i did sent Alexander back home with his Grandfather. A wedding Party is no Place for an 16 Month Year old."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2017, 12:27:41 AM »
Peter somehow managed to stifle a chuckle, if it hadn't been for the seriousness of the situation it would have been laughable, but then again kids would be kids wouldn't they? It was to be expected that with this many VIP's that there would be a reaction and true to the expectation the Red Legion had obliged, though the apparent nature of the false alarm also meant that Sapyiat was also able to relax as she was technically speaking Peter's bodyguard in this scenario, not that the Emperor couldn't handle himself if need be he now possessed a more than suitable right handed punch. Not even Aeolia or Lamia would pull this Peter thought as the wedding reception settled down once, his identical twin four year old granddaughters had a habit of being practical jokers as the bodyguard of his son in law would attest.

With normality restored Peter, with Renee beside him, took the chance to approach Freya and Alex
"My warmest and most sincere congratulations to you both." he said shaking Alex's hand and giving Freya a friendly hug

"Blue always suited you." Sapyiat said when it was her turn to congratulate the happy couple she was thinking back to when they'd first met in Safraen that had been an eventful forty eight hours for her save the life of the then East Moreland Minister for Foreign Affairs plus extract one known terrorist and then go back in to back up East Moreland forces, she also hugged Freya before turning to Alex and doing the same, it was an odd situation for the three soldiers to find themselves in, usually it'd be a camp somewhere with drinks in hand but this? The look said it all About time, then as Mika gave Freya and Alex her congratulations Sapyiat spotted Rhiannon with Evie, it was a good chance to find out just what her shield daughter had been getting up to lately.

Offline hobbes

• Basically New Zealand
  • Spain with no a
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2017, 03:02:11 PM »
Minerva sat her daughter down. She was getting too big to carry, as much as she hated to admit it. "Well, you made a friend then, Millie?" The two shrugged, looking down at their daughter, who returned the favor. "I guess?.." She looked confused, still wrapping her head around the whole situation. At least she wasn't dead.

"I suppose all works out in the end then" Minerva shrugged, looking between the five or six of them. "Let's find a table then, yeah?"
I scream

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2017, 03:34:40 PM »
East Moreland

The Reception

The Third Triarch and Her Companions

Rosasoro Dsatea and Kidreaeo walked into the reception together. Behind them, a female guard was assigned to each of them. Those guards did not hide their faces or disguise their eyes as they would if they were in the field. They technically were but since this was a highly regarded event, the Sirinisians instructed them not to. So they showed their expressions well. Focused, serious and absolutely deadpan.

Meanwhile, Rosasoro looked like she could turn everything white. Her face showed it all. And Kidreaeo attempted to relieve her sister by holding her arm. But it was as cold as the icy waters of Northern Sirinisi that she had to let go for a while before returning her touch to her. Rosasoro looked forward and she did not go astray, being so nervous.

Only when she saw that there were other guests and that there were guards and that their own guards were following them and that there were children too did she slowly feel relieved. And she no longer felt she could turn everything white.

Rosasoro and her sister were about to look for seats when a woman got in their way happily for them and offered them drinks. She sat them down while their guards remained behind by the entrance but keeping their eyes on them and on the rest of the guests.

To the right was Sergeant Smikyma and to the left was Sergeant Major Krikiki. The two wore the same khaki & desert sand colored uniforms, carried the same Ash machine pistols on their shoulder holsters and proudly wore the same badges of military and government honor on their chest pockets.

While they only wore Type C uniforms which were simply shorts, short-sleeved shirt plus combat vest and then fighting masks. They did not wear their fighting masks and instead let them hang around their necks.

Nevertheless, there really wasn’t anything too special about them. All they were for now was to guard the two.

Rosasoro and her sister sat with Sophie. When Sophie spoke to them and offered them drinks, the Triarch said to Sophie “I am from Sirinisi. My sister is with me.” She nodded to her and she said “Her name is Kidreaeo. Just call her Kid. And I am Rosasoro. Foreigners may call me Rosaso.” She then paused and said “Forgive me but I am quite nervous and new to all this. Who might you be?”

Whatever you say, Walker. No matter what happens next, don't be too hard on yourself. After all you've done, you can still go home...

Offline Zee

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2017, 11:47:54 PM »
"Of course, Finally god, Lets get going" Charles, Najm and Hans were surprised, It was none other than Youssef, The most Frostiest person Charles knew, I guess he ticked him off when he yelled about the kidnapping, Hehe.

"Deugh, Right, Well, After you" Said Najm to King Hans, Hans didn't give him any attention and said, "Well then, As Youssef said, Lets get going indeed" He took the hand of Charles and started walking to find an empty big table for them all to sit and have a small chat, Counting on Maria, Who probably stayed here more than anyone of us, He let her take the lead.

Look at the bright side Najm, You'll get to talk to adults again, For now.

Offline hobbes

• Basically New Zealand
  • Spain with no a
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2017, 07:54:59 PM »
The three sat down opposite to the Rashidunians, spreading the food Minerva had fetched amongst them. Minerva and James taking refils on their wine from a passing waiter. "Quite the adventure the two of you had then" Minerva remarked, looking between Millicent and Charles. She giggled lightly as she looked between the two of them, seemingly having a motherly moment. She turned back to Hans and company, "So, what brings the fourof you to East Moreland then?" She turned to Maria, not missing a beat. "Forgive me, but how did someone of your standing end up a baker in East Moreland?"
I scream

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2017, 08:49:03 PM »
Maria laughed slightly: "Technically i am not of high standing. I am more decoration, really. My mother needed someone to accompany her for the wedding so she picked me up. I didn't see or hear of her in the Last Three years. Really, i rarely know anything about here else that she used to be the Leader of a only Woman Mercenary band, and when the Uburzian Military allowed Woman seven years ago, they disbanded and she became an Admiral. In the end, think of a Stereotypical sailor, every harbor another, just in female, and you get my Mother Thirty years ago."
She nodded over to the woman sitting at the Bar, waiting for the Speech to happen: "If you want to talk to the important person, you#d have to talk to her. While we are on Topic..."
She grinned slightly and nodded to Charles: "Did you know Uburzis will Crown a kid Emperor on his 13th Birthday in November? He is barely much older than you."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2017, 08:36:33 PM »
Bishop Daniel Hayes, Father Hubert Orlikowski,
Sister Arilda and Archibishop and Apostolic Nunciator/Ambassador to EM, Howard Dodson

510 feet long, 85 feet wide, and 51 feet high, by the grace of our Lord, it was truly a maginificent sight on the shores of this sea; after years of construction, budgetary issues and conflict with EM authorities, Noah's Ark 2.0 was finally finished. It was officially conscecrated and opened by Archibishop and Apostolic Nunciator Dodson to the public, first and formost us Apostolic Christians, both from ES and elsewhere in Mundus, as well the tiny, tiny minority of them residing in EM. Here I was, Sister Arilda, and cruising on the sea during this sea festival day with colleagues and friends in Christ. Besides the usual clergy, we had a lot of Apostolic youth onboard since we planned to incorporate their presence with us, all about sharing and caring, baby.

This would be the first time in a long time I ventured back to my beloved heathenish home known as East Moreland, whose aversion to Apostolic Christianity has been known among the Papacy for centuries, although a few known exceptional Morelander converts here and there have been written down, such as the only Morelander Pope up til' now Pope Adrian IV (c. 1100 – 1159, r. 1154 - 1159), as well as the late convertite and Blessed Cardinal John Henry Newman (1801-1890). I have mixed feeling about my presence here, which is what I wouldn't discuss about now. It was rather time to focus on all the fun activities onboard this ambitious naval project. Father Orlikowski, a popular parish priest among teens and young adult for his ability to combine faith and technology approached. "It's soon time for mass sister, we should get ready. I must say your country is absolutely stunning and terrific, even the food here is well suited to my taste!". I smiled and agreed with him, EM does have its charms after all. "Only thing missing are Apostolic Morelanders, but alas, it's for another time, perhaps in due time I should say...let's acquaint with some of these youngsters haha...".

I therefore also wondered if any of the other foreign delegates would come and visit us?

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2017, 09:36:54 PM »
"Damn...", it was the Ambassador who seemed a bit disappointed. The three of us asked him what was wrong, and he told us that he was going to just announce that mass was going to be delayed due to the late arrival of holy communion bread and wine. "Well what can you expect from a country such as this? Oh lord, what should we do while waiting for it...". We were eventually running out of patience when Bishop Hayes came up with a brilliant thing to do. "How about this, tell the captain that we'll head to Portworth Dockyards Officers Mess, Princess Freya and Alex Redfern just got married and surely would appreciate our presence there, a blessing perhaps if your people wouldn't find it offensive, right Sister?". Even though I liked the sound of that, I questioned him since we would just show uninvited, although the three holy gentlement assured me that it would be fine. "Well ok then, as long as the tons of teen we have onboard know how to behave...".

The ambassador signalled the captain to raise up the anchor head straight back to the coast and specifically the Officer's Mess where the rest of the wedding reception was being held, while he also contacted the delivery service to meet us up there instead. "Noah's surely proud of us Sister...." remarked father Orlikowski, "as well as the youngsters here, this has certainly be a great spiritual trip so far, don't you think?". I replied that I was surprised that the presence of the holy spirit was even string in this heathenish country despite the past. "You're right Father, it's worth it, even from me, to judge countries such as these, goodness and kindness one will find here as well..."

At last we docked at the harbour area of the Officer's Mess and with the ever vigilant Guardians of St. Peter's Throne covering our steps, we proceeded down the wooden ramp and into the area where the esteemed guests were with the groom and bride. "Good evening and God Bless Princess Freya and Major Redfern, on behalf of Pope Peter II we would like to congratulate you on your successful wedding may your lives intertwine with each other til your last days where you'll eventually join the glorious afterlife and live on for all eternity...". I stood among the three gentlemen and wondered if the couple would recognize me...

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2017, 11:15:28 PM »
Things had certainly got busier, people had since the incident funnelled into seats. Over one side of the room Sophie was sat with Rosaso, "I'm technically an Archduchess I'm the King's niece, my birth mother was Princess Joanna, she used to be our faiths High Priestess but was....well..."It had been well over a year now but the word "murdered" skill didn't come easy, "She's not with us anymore" Sophie said instead, "But I'm not really a good royal" Sophie laughed trying to lighten her mood, "see I was adopted at birth, didn't become an Ironside so to speak until I was 17 so a few years ago now. It's still a bit weird for me, I much prefer my sports career, but I'm joining the Air Force next week as a dog handler." she took her phone out and showed the guest a picture of a six week old husky, she'd been sent it by the training instructor as "Bandit" was issued his special dog boots. "We're going to become a protection detail" Sophie was actually looking forward to it and doing her bit for the nation.

The happy couple were still greeting newcomers and the Achkaerin delegation had arrived, Freya was glad that Serenity wasn't here and thanked Peter for his congratulations before catching up with Sapyiat. "I'm sure Rhiannon will be happy to see you, that's if you can get her away from chocolate and playing, too many sweets" Freya had seen her niece sneaking goes with the chocolate fountain including filling up her finished squash glass.

Next to arrive were some people Freya failed to recognise, but there was one advantage of having Alex by her side, he seemingly knew everyone, a throw back to his days as Chief of Royal Household. "Archbiship Dodson, from The Ecclesiastical State, Ambassador" Alex whispered to his wife as the group approached and waited for the man to finish talking. "Thank you" Alex said extending a hand, "Lovely to see you Ambassador" he added before waiting to be introduced.

"Yes thank you" Freya added, "I hope Helus grants you a pleasant evening" she added as the guests headed into the main room.

"Hey....it's time" Brigadier Kelly poked his head around the door and motioned for them to follow him. "ROOM!" Kelly's voice echoed around making all the Red Legionnaires instinctively snap to attention as the familiar voice boomed above the music. "Please stand to great the Bride and Groom" the sound of chairs being pushed back filled the air for a brief second as Kelly drew his own sword and marched ahead of the couple escorting them to the head table. Kelly took a seat next to Redfern while the King sat at Freya's side. The room was arranged in a horse shoe with the bride and groom, their party sat either side of them. The long arms that extended the length of the mess hall had seats on the inside and outside of the horseshoe, the Morelanders present telling guests it was traditional for males to sit on the outside while females on the inside. As people retook their seats a young army officer, a cadet dragged from the festival entered carrying an ornate drinking horn and stand and placed it on a pedestal at the far end of the hall, he turned and marched smartly towards the couple saluted and then took an envelope from his tunic pocket.

"Your Highness, Major Redfern" he addressed the couple, "It is an honour to present you with the token of our best wishes on your wedding." he handed the envelope over and proceeded to step back, saluting once more before neatly about turning and returning to the cup. "It was spoken" he said loudly enjoying his moment at a tradition he'd never actually seen before, this wasn't a normal part of the wedding feast but was considered a military tradition and as such a mess hall deserved it. He'd spent the last hour trying to remember what he needed to say. "That following the Battle of Greenflowers those men and women who had marched from all corners of East Moreland to defend freedom and oppose tyranny meet for a meal, many knowing that having carved out their nation they would never meet again. As they feasted they began to toast from a drinking horn, and as each set off on their journey home they raised the horn one final time, made a toast for the future, drank from it and filled it for the next. Tradition says a young 12 year old who had thrown his lot in with King Robert was the first to leave, fearful his mother would scold him for his long abscence." The mess steward placed a bottle of wine next to the horn and the cadet poured some into the horn. "It is now tradition that all military feasts have a toast from a young soldier. It is then tradition that as you leave you too will step forward, make a toast for the future and then drink. Therefore I propose a loyal toast" he waited for people to stand, all but the King knowing what was to come. "The King" the Morelanders present turned to face the King who just nodded towards the youngster who then drank from the horn before adding more wine and then leaving his ceremonial role done.

As people sat the King stood, "Thank you" he began. "Traditionally the father of the bride does this however today its my honour to do so." He unfolded a napkin he'd hastily written some notes on, "Freya is my little sister, growing up I believe she actually frustrated our parents by not exactly being Princess material. While our elder sister Joanna was into dolls, pretty dresses and music, Freya prefered joining me playing in the woods, pretending to fight Dragons, and occasionally falling out of trees. She has been at many times in my life my best friend, and equally as many times a pain in the ass. However I wouldn't swap her for anyone else, whenever times have been bad she has been the one there to put me straight, and when needed make the hard choices I should have. I'm delighted that she has today been married to a man I know she loves more than anything and that despite all the heart ache not wearing dresses caused my Mother she looks stunning today. Alex already knows that I think he's a brave soul, taking Freya on as a wife needs bravery because I can guarentee he'll never have a quiet life ever again. So to Alex I say thank you for making my sister happy and I wish you both a long happy life......now lets get this first dance done and then we can get drunk." the King smiled as he sat down and Alex and Freya took to the centre of the room. Music began playing and awkwardly alone on the dance floor they began to slowly dance, Freya motioned to Evie to come and join them and she took hold of one of each adults hand as she joined in. David was on his feet now moving down the tables, a glass of wine already in his hand. As the chorus of the song was reached he began whispering to the guests, "Go on, join in" he urged as he headed the length of the mess hall with one more tradition to fulfil, a military one not a wedding one.

"Miss Jarrett" he approached Rebeccca, Freya's Chief of Household. "I need your help, the King in a mess dance is supposed to dance with an NCO, it's either you or that Sgt.Thomas fella from Red Legion and there are enough silly stories of me marrying King Leonard" the King extended a hand and Rebecca took it and followed the King as the dancefloor began to fill.

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2017, 09:16:46 AM »
Rosasoro Dsatea could only say "Oh. I'm so sorry." When she heard about Sophies mother. As the conversation moved on and it got to the point that the Arch-Duchess showed them the dog. Rosasoro tried not to wince as she remember that she had a fear of dogs. She awkwardly smiled and opened her mouth to say an OK but her adopted sister interrupted, saying "Oh my! He is so adorable! And that is great news! I really hope that you two would be a great protection detail."

Rosaso felt so embarrassed she felt her entire body become so frozen. She could not even breath until her adopted sister laughed and asked "And by the way, what sports do you play?"

Unfortunately, the two officials of Sirinisi could do anything more when the time came that they had to pay attention to the wedding. They did their best to do what the others do but when the time came for them to dance, only the adopted sister went out to look for a partner, happily laughing as she went to ask some to dance with her. Rosasoro awkwardly and embarrassingly stayed at her seat, blushing so much and feeling like she had a fever from all this.

Why, why, why did I have to be the one to go? She thought. But she could only remember that nobody, not even her, could simply refuse the First Triarch.

Offline Zee

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2017, 10:56:08 AM »
"Blegh that sucks, They made a kid lead their home" Said Charles but whispered yhe last part to his father whose in turn had a chuckle, Najm finally tuned down on the tensity of stares he got from Youssef and Hans, Finally calming down he wanted to start a conversation that could put the other two on ease, Yet there was nothing that could cross his mind at all.

"I might not know your nation's customs, But crowning a 13 years old to the throne? Sounds like a regency problem to me" Youssef said, Breaking the silence and directing the question to Maria.

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2017, 11:38:06 AM »
Maria shrugged, leaning back: "Not /my/ home. From what i know the empress and her older children died in an accident while the to be emperor was at his boarding school. You'd have to ask my mother for Details, she is one of the top three Advisers to the Regent. My home is celebrating a wedding."

Her lips raised to a smile, turning towards the Ceremony: "Who knew thy had a drinking Tradition, then again - they are soldiers."

Turning her head spotting her mother chatting up someone at the Bar she nodded to the others at the Table: "You'd have to invite her over if you want to talk matters of state. Aren't your Nations Neighboring each other?"

Offline hobbes

• Basically New Zealand
  • Spain with no a
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2017, 05:50:20 PM »
"Orion, yes, the soon-to-be crowned emperor." Minerva shrugged, sipping more of her wine. "Tragic, the accident really was." She shrugged, looking around the table before her daughter commented. "Hey, that's why i'm glad I'm not royalty...being forced to run a country really takes the fun out of it." causing laughter all around.

"Well, indeed, quite ironic we all ended up at a table anyways given our proximity. Perhaps you could fetch your mother to join us?" Minerva turned to Maria, nodding.
I scream

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2017, 06:10:51 PM »
"Can I steal him from you for a couple of minutes?" someone asked as Peter and Renee sat watching the dancing, the voice belonged to Celine Tyler, one of Peter's closest friends
"By all means, I'll wait for my dance." Renee said

Celine and Peter took to the dance floor, it had been a few years since they'd done this sort of thing - the last time had been the Battle of the Shaw Anniversary a few years earlier, Iona had been ill at the time so Celine had stepped in, there was another irony to this in that it had been Celine who had taught Peter how to dance in the run up to his first wedding and now that he was set to marry a musical theatre star in Renee she wanted to make sure that the Emperor knew what he was doing.
"What is it with Royal brides and blue dresses?" Celine asked
"Tell me about it Iona wore blue, Serenity wore blue, Freya's wearing blue." Peter said
"Think they'll ever bury the hatchet?" Celine asked
"That'd be a sign of the apocalypse wouldn't it?" Peter asked, Celine grinned
"They're more alike than they'll ever admit though, two stubborn strong willed women." Celine said
"Your daughter seems to be having fun." Peter said, half smiling as he nodded to where Celine's daughter Yuki was dancing with a member of the Red Legion, in truth this was Sgt Olly Thomas though as far as the Achkaerinese guests went only Sapyiat and Mika would know that, it was quite amusing to see Yuki dancing in her naval uniform though "She over the Kieran issue?"
"I think so." Celine said

Elsewhere Sapyiat was amusing herself watching Rhiannon quite obviously continue to take refills from the chocolate fountain. Picking up a glass from the table Sapyiat chuckled to herself as she followed Rhiannon's lead the next time around and made sure she got there first.
"Hello Rhiannon." Sapyiat said when a somewhat curious Princess looked up to see who was 'stopping' her filling up "You've grown plenty since I last saw you, and I hear you've been learning a thing or two or so your Auntie Freya tells me."

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2017, 11:59:30 PM »
/Get your Arse over here, Mother. You got Your Neighbors Prince with King and some Big shots form Cascadia with their young daughter at this Table./

Maria didn't even bother standing up, sending a simple Text to her mother before leaning back, awaiting the admiral making her way over with a cocktail in hand: "Beautiful wedding, don't you agree" Matilda Eidmeier said, as she approached the Table: "And i assume this is the Rascal we have to thank for the Tumult earlier?" she nodded to Charles as she Saluted to the King: "Your Highness." then offering her hand to the Cascadians: "Good day, you too."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2017, 12:08:32 PM »
While Bishop Hayes and Father Orlikowski were busy chatting with dignitaries, Archbishop Dodson took the opportunity to have some fun at the dance floor and invited Sister Arilda to be his dance partner, who became quite surprised yet honored at the request. "Sister, may I warn you that the moves are a hit rust, so forgive me for any errors.". As they danced, Arilda didn't think that the Archbishop was that bad, he still had the grooves in him. "Seems to me that what you said isn't true at all, the Lord has blessed you with finer moves than any other man Archbishop."

Pretty soon the ES representatives had to venture back to Noah's Ark 2.0 to celebrate their mass, but for now enjoyed the time they had with the other foreigners in a foreign country that has so far shown such hospitability and respect.

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2017, 03:52:50 PM »
The Third Triarch of Sirinisi was so tense that she thought her body would suddenly go stiff and then collapse on the floor like any person who's been through a lot of teasing or even a bit of social pressure. Like, she thought her mind would just flip the switch.

But nothing happened.

Rosasoro got control of herself and said to herself You will calm down. You can do it, Rosaso! So she stood up and looked around for someone to talk to, even though her hands were up, her fingers were trembling and she was wandering around without an aim, opening her mouth at people she passed by only to close her lips and to move on to another and repeat.

Please, please, please, don't let me hang dry like this. I'm not socially awkward! I shall find a person to talk to...or to dance with

And like something snapping, she stomped her right foot and straightened herself as she would when she was still a reservist and suddenly realized that...

She has fucked up.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2017, 04:54:17 PM »
"Would you like to dance with me Triarch Rosaso? I could use a bit of exercise from time to time *chuckles* ". It was Father Orlikowski who already finished talking to some of the dignitaries and didn't know what else to do besides waiting for the mass they've waited for a few hours overdue. This would also be a perfect opportunity for him to gain some valuable contacts for the Ecclesiastical State. Orlikowski was as previously mentioned quite known and admired among the Catholic youth since he combines faith with modern pop culture and trendy things, an avid Star Wars and Lego fan he has a growing media base with loads of followers on the common social media platforms.

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2017, 08:04:07 AM »
"Would you like to dance with me Triarch Rosaso? I could use a bit of exercise from time to time *chuckles* ". It was Father Orlikowski who already finished talking to some of the dignitaries and didn't know what else to do besides waiting for the mass they've waited for a few hours overdue. This would also be a perfect opportunity for him to gain some valuable contacts for the Ecclesiastical State. Orlikowski was as previously mentioned quite known and admired among the Catholic youth since he combines faith with modern pop culture and trendy things, an avid Star Wars and Lego fan he has a growing media base with loads of followers on the common social media platforms.

The Triarch of her people, the Sirinisians, was...surprised! She was not expecting a man in white, especially not a man who was a Susurian (Christian)! Nevertheless, she nodded quietly and said "Yes, I would like to. You know my name. Thank you. What about you? What is yours?" She then paused, blushing. Then she explained "Forgive me, I just got here."

Afterwards she rubbed her arm and then approached him, gently but swiftly placing her right hand on his shoulder and her left hand waited for his hand to take it.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2017, 06:30:58 PM »
"A pleasure to get your acquaintance Triarch Rosaso, I'm Father Hubert Orlikowski, at your utmost service!" he replied while taking hold of her left hand and in a matter of seconds they were soon together with everyone dancing on the floor. "I must admit, this sort of thing is quite fun! You're actually the first dance partner that I feel quite comfortable with, I'm not sure why but the Lord and his mysterious ways work in all directions I suppose, hehe. So what brings you here to this lovely Morelander wedding, has this got to do with your nation creeping out of the dark hole and regaining international contacts?" Father Hubert asked curiously while letting the mood and atmosphere guide them with the dancing process itself.