Author Topic: Festival of Sail - Conclusion  (Read 15081 times)

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
Re: Festival of Sail - Conclusion
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2017, 10:04:15 PM »
OOC- Cheers Dave

Anuoshka Pelagiya sat enjoying the festivities with her husband Tobias, he was a keen dancer but wasn't sure of the tradition of such a moment as was keen not to mess up, after all being a Duke from Lodja meant he was probably the best representative the nation had here, and of course he hoped to improve his daughters standing in the eyes of King David. "Darling" he began whispering in Anuoshka's ear as the music began to slow from the first dance. "I believe with the abscence of our daughter it's your duty to monopolise the King" he pointed to what seemed to be several young ladies jockying to be able to dance with the King. In the mind of the Pelagiya family each of them could be a potential rival to their daughter, clearly if Stasya was here she'd be the only thing the King was interested in but obviously that wasn't possible.

"Of course" Anuoshka kissed her husband and wandered onto the dancefloor making a bee line straight for the King, ignoring those twisting and circling around them. "Your Majesty" she timed her approach to perfection, the last note playing just as she bowed. "I wonder if I may dance with you, seems my poor husband has twisted his ankle" she shook her head in disappointment. The King shifted awkwardly , he wasn't much of a dancer anyway but knew such events required a certain level of protocol and a foreign Duchess was someone he couldn't really turn down, especially someone who knew about him and Stasya. The King extended a hand as the music started again and Anuoshka put her hand on his shoulder. "Very muscular" she commented watching how the King blushed as they began to preambulate. "I see why my daughter finds you so attractive, she has good taste" she added loving making this high ranking man feel awkward. "I do hope that none of those lovely ladies waiting to dance there are disappointed that your sharing my daughters bed" she gestured with her head as a few furious looking ladies seemed to be watching them. "Oh don't blush so much Your Majesty" she chuckled, "Us Lodjains aren't as up tight as many, Sessifet tells us that sharing our bodies with people we admire and love is a good thing, beauty is after all something people should enjoy and you and my daughter make a beautiful couple"

"Erm...thank you" David mumbled as he tried his best to stop himself looking more awkward on the dancefloor than he normally was.

Offline Zee

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: R A S H I D U N
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2017, 07:24:37 PM »
"It would be wonderful to talk to the Admiral now, Maybe we could work out a meeting with one of your advisors today for the future." Said King Hans smiling at Maria and waiting for the Admiral to come and hopefully start a conversation to kill this agonizing silence, After he said that Najm was still having his usual glaring contest with Charles and Youssef minding his own business and being the Anti-Social person he usually stays as, As the four minded their businesses and slowly ate their food, They waited for what could be an interesting conversation with a High Official from Neu-Uburiz, Their neighbor and close sister nation with the complex cultures mildly intertwining into a good neighborhood.

As Admiral Matilda arrived, King Hans stood up to greet the foreign official, Prompting the other three to do the same, While the Admiral saluted Hans, The King Simply shook her hand and greeted her, Laughing awkwardly at the mentioning of the incident done by Millicent and Charles, He sat down while the other three greeted her and promptly sat down with the rest of the party.

"Its really nice to see you here, Admiral, A real pleasure indeed, We were just talking about the Neu-Uburiz Crowning of a new Emperor and your involvement, We'd love to hear about your side of the story." Said Najm finally opening his mouth since they found the two kids, He was most thankful that the King didn't cook him or do anything right now, Although he was scared of what to come when they get back to Rashidun, Boy he was right to be scared...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 07:35:19 PM by Zee »

Offline hobbes

• Basically New Zealand
  • Spain with no a
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: idk
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2017, 04:20:37 AM »
The three Cascadians shrugged, Minerva and James sharing more wine as they noted Maria seemed to be texting someone to themselves. Upon the fine Admiral's arrival, Minerva returned the handshake on behalf of the family."Quite indeed." Minerva nodded at the troublemaking remark, pulling the seat out between herself and Maria. "Please, take a seat. We'd love to hear. Plus we got wine." She laughed. Across the table, Millicent noticed Charles awkwardly looking at Najm and kind of dozed off. Seizing the moment, she delivered a rather harsh poke underneith the table, looking innocent by the time he turned to notice what had happened.
I scream

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Azenyanistan
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2017, 07:07:26 AM »
"A pleasure to get your acquaintance Triarch Rosaso, I'm Father Hubert Orlikowski, at your utmost service!" he replied while taking hold of her left hand and in a matter of seconds they were soon together with everyone dancing on the floor. "I must admit, this sort of thing is quite fun! You're actually the first dance partner that I feel quite comfortable with, I'm not sure why but the Lord and his mysterious ways work in all directions I suppose, hehe. So what brings you here to this lovely Morelander wedding, has this got to do with your nation creeping out of the dark hole and regaining international contacts?" Father Hubert asked curiously while letting the mood and atmosphere guide them with the dancing process itself.

Triarch Rosaso blushed and as she danced smoothly with him, confessing that this was the first time she danced with a foreigner, she said to him "What has brought me here was an invitation. I was surprised that it was open even to our nation. So I came here also because the First Triarch, my mentor, told me to go for him. And so here I am." She let a few beats pass before she smiled at the Father and said "I hoped that you would be one of the first to establish contact with us. Again, of course."
Whatever you say, Walker. No matter what happens next, don't be too hard on yourself. After all you've done, you can still go home...

- Konrad, Spec-ops: The Line

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2017, 06:08:56 PM »
"I must say it has been nice dancing with you Triarch Rosaso hehe." Upon hearing what the Triarch told him, he responded happily: "Perhaps it was through the Lord's mysterious ways that your nation was one of those invited up til' the point now, both of us dancing with each other, moments ago total strangers, but now it seems as if this feeling has faded away and has grown into something larger that I could ever comprehend, not even as a priest for all those years I've served at the Lord's will and pleasure...don't you agree Triarch?". Father Hubert was quite surprised about those words he uttered to her, did it sound too silly perhaps? It also felt as if some divinity played an important role in all.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2017, 06:47:10 PM »
While the Royal Family were socializing with the other guests, the Queen suddenly fell down, holding her chest. The Quintelian guards were called on high alert and an ambulance was called in. The crowd was shocked by what happened, and the ensuing confusion allowed the family to exit silently. Following the Quintelian protocol, the Queen was sent in a different craft from her family. The Ministers were sent and were told to not inform anyone about the condition. The ships were to remain

OOC: The next parts of this post is not part of the Festival of Sail so it's ok if you don't read it. It's just to conclude my story arch.

Back in Lungsod City, she was placed in an Intensive Care Unit for two days before she passed away because of another cardiac arrest. The family mourned and received the heirlooms. Her son and daughter received $10,000,000 each while Carlos, still being a prisoner receives none. In accordance to tradition, the King would receive at least $1,000 and an heirloom, so he received only $1,000 and a letter. The letter read:

To my ungrateful husband,

Let's not beat around the bush; FUCK YOU. Do you not think I know your affairs with Sofia Aliena (Minister of Foreign Affairs)? I want either the three of us dead when we go to East Moreland. Now, if I die, you will only receive this letter along with the minimum amount of money tradition would allow me. Let this be a lesson to you.

Singed,

A shameful wife
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 02:25:07 PM by General Jaws »

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2017, 05:16:37 PM »
Matilda acknowledged the presence of her daughter before taking the offered seat: "It really is a rather straightforward situation. My late friend Empress Alexandra died in a tragic incident together with her husband and their two oldest children. A lethal dose of Lead had been contaminating their drinking water in the Mountain vacation Cabin. Since her youngest child was lucky enough to be stuck in his Boarding School Orion was saved from the fatal Death. Our Inheritance Laws rule that the oldest living Child of the last Emperor Inherits at the Moment of Death, and in this Case it was Orion, since Alexandra was the last of her Family to actually die."
She sipped from a Glass of whine and took a momentary break, looking back at the wedding celebration: "His inheritance is not entirely undisputed, as his oldest Brother had two daughters with his wife as well. Considering they are even younger than Orion though, most of the Senate stand with the law. His Cousin Albrecht is currently the Regent, as Alexandra's Brother Kurt had turned down the Position, and Albrecht was working closely with her for some years now. On Paper Orion is already the Emperor, yet the Coronation is only to be held on his 13th Birthday. It's tradition and Law to keep the Children from the Royal Family out of the Public until that age."

A warm smile crossing her Face she kept watching Charles for a moment, before commenting: "Though talking about my Friend Alexandra, be grateful she wasn't your Mother." Matilda mused with a wide grin: "She would have tanned your hide on the Spot for causing such a Ruckus." As she looked between the King and his offspring, she mused a thought in silence, before addressing the Cascadians: "Our nation has a habit of being very strict wit boys, and giving young women a bit of an easier Treat. They usually only get extra chores and some activity bans."

"Well, from what i have heard, Alexandra was always there for her children though." Maria added to her Mothers speech, not without a sting of bitterness in her voice.

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2017, 04:48:36 AM »
"I must say it has been nice dancing with you Triarch Rosaso hehe." Upon hearing what the Triarch told him, he responded happily: "Perhaps it was through the Lord's mysterious ways that your nation was one of those invited up til' the point now, both of us dancing with each other, moments ago total strangers, but now it seems as if this feeling has faded away and has grown into something larger that I could ever comprehend, not even as a priest for all those years I've served at the Lord's will and pleasure...don't you agree Triarch?". Father Hubert was quite surprised about those words he uttered to her, did it sound too silly perhaps? It also felt as if some divinity played an important role in all.

Rosasoro kept on blushing and she watched her partner, dancing smoothly and not minding so much now. She felt warm and quite embarassed still though. Nevertheless, she told him "I do agree. And I seem to enjoy dancing with you, Sir..." She paused and then said softly "Tell me, would you accept if I invited you to some wine? You don't have to accept, really, but I wish that after the dance, you and I can talk more. And perhaps...I can earn your friendship?"
Whatever you say, Walker. No matter what happens next, don't be too hard on yourself. After all you've done, you can still go home...

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2017, 12:02:04 PM »
"Oh of course I would like to be your friend and drink wine, it's part of being a priest after all *chuckles*, although I think I must hold a mass along with the bishops first, it'll just take one hour.". Father Hubert along with the Apostolic Nuncio, the Bishop and Sister Arilda went aboard the Ark to celebrate the mass after their sought out items already arrived. However during the mass, the Father was thinking a lot about Rosasoro while making his usual prayers to the Lord.

After about an hour it ended, the delegates returned to the feast where people were still active, to their relief. Father Hubert immediately set out to find the Triarch, and he could already see that she was waiting for him at the bar. "Well I think we can have our wine and small talk?! :)

Offline Zee

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2017, 02:47:59 PM »
As the adults continued to talk about...well..adult stuff...Charles was entirely fixated on Najm and furiously glaring as horrifically a child face can be, When suddely he felt a thing harshly kick his feet, Jumping in his seat and drawing attention from both Najm and Youssef, They assumed the kid was simply playing tricks to them, Youssef ignoring Charles and listening to the adults talk, And Najm shooting Charles with a look that said BEHAVE.

Looking at the direction of where the poke came from, Charles was met with none other than Millicent, Finally he immediately accoused her, In his head, And looked for the right moment to strike, Giving a hard poke into her right knee and sitting Innocent and acting as if he was listening to the adult.

"A harsh reality, Indeed, But the people of Neu-Uburiz can go through their hardship, They are famed for their stubbornness for a reason.." King Hans said while keeping the last part to himself, Hans did notice something in the end of his field of view, Charles glaring at the Cascadian girl, Millicent, If i recall correctly, Once Hans turned to see whats the problem, He was met with the face of his son, Innocently looking at his father, Hans was creeped out for a second there but dismissed the incident as his mind playing tricks with him.

Offline hobbes

• Basically New Zealand
  • Spain with no a
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: idk
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2017, 06:55:40 PM »
Millicent jumped lightly, her ten-year-old attention span having already all but forgotten the fight she had started. It suddenly shot back into her mind with the pain of being roughly kicked underneith the table. She quickly straightened herself out, shooting a glare at the child across the table, before returning to her mother who was  looking down at her.

"What's wrong?"

"Nuffin, Mawm." she replied. Her mother shrugged and looked back  to Matilda and company, "And at what age does he assume the throne without any regency?"
I scream

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2017, 07:43:27 PM »
"Stubborn?" Matilda raised an eyebrow while sipping some water: "I didn't even realize we were known at all anymore. As to the regency, it can end as soon as Orion turns Sixteen, or up to him being twenty one. Depending on how he and Prince Albrecht make this work out. In the end if a rift between the two was to rise it would spell trouble, but really. They are Birds of a Feather."

Maria meanwhile had kept her eyes on Charles and Milliscent, a sly smile hushing over her lips: "I wonder, since i can only assume the Coronation will have a Large Feast as well, do you think they will have a children's table or have them stay with their parents? I mean look at those two, we already seem to bore them again."

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2017, 11:01:19 AM »
"Oh of course I would like to be your friend and drink wine, it's part of being a priest after all *chuckles*, although I think I must hold a mass along with the bishops first, it'll just take one hour.". Father Hubert along with the Apostolic Nuncio, the Bishop and Sister Arilda went aboard the Ark to celebrate the mass after their sought out items already arrived. However during the mass, the Father was thinking a lot about Rosasoro while making his usual prayers to the Lord.

After about an hour it ended, the delegates returned to the feast where people were still active, to their relief. Father Hubert immediately set out to find the Triarch, and he could already see that she was waiting for him at the bar. "Well I think we can have our wine and small talk?! :)

The Third Triarch nodded and said "Yes, yes! Please, let us." And so she made sure that they had their wine and even some snacks. She then told him as she served him his own wine "So...I wonder how you think of this festival. It sounds so exotic and exciting! So many ships...oh my~"

Offline Zee

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2017, 04:09:16 PM »
"Oh boy..." Whispered Charles as he heard the scary soldier lady explain how they will put him with kids that varied in age in the celebration, Don't get him wrong, It was definitely better than hearing adults talk all-day long about things he simply doesn't want to hear, I mean he'd prefer the company of kids his age over his father's watchful eyes and Najm's peculiar personality, But, Alas, He didn't really like to play kid's games or their common behavior, He always preferred weird over normal.

And as Charles was groaning to himself, Najm let out an audible sigh of relief as she mentioned an area just for kids, "Finally somewhere where i can enjoy my time." Said Najm to himself while Youssef simply stared at the adult-whiner with A-not-so-amused look, "It sounds like a good idea to me, As long as there are people looking after them" Chimed King Hans in, Inputing his opinion on the idea while sipping some tea that the waiter has prepared to him, Sighing in delight the royalty simply felt relaxed with the warm liquid passed through him, Sending warm sensations that soothed his old bones while he waited for the Cascadians to put their opinions and share of interest into the conversation.