Author Topic: Room 101 (Ach and Tamora closed)  (Read 2570 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Room 101 (Ach and Tamora closed)
« on: October 31, 2018, 09:59:12 PM »
It was always slightly problematic when things had to be clandestine, whether it be a military operation, intelligence operation or something as simple as the meeting that was in the process of being set up well hopefully set up at least. This was the problem you had to take the leap of faith, make contact and hope that the other party would be there. You also had to make contact in such a way that it was perfectly normal to anyone which was why this particular afternoon the postman who had the beat of Embassy Crescent in Valtheim and was delivering the usual things that would be delivered to the Tamoran Embassy such as letters to the Tamoran ambassador to Achkaerin, which were a lot these days, the now seemingly daily sack of letters in support of Dilara was also handing over something else. Once he'd handed the mail to the Tamoran embassy staff his unwitting role in this was done, for one of the letters handed over was a coded message giving the address of a hotel in the city of Galatia in Vanora, it wasn't that far over the border from Tamora it also gave the message 'Hotel bar, girl with the red sweater, ask about Koala's

Alandra Kozlowska sat in the hotel bar, she didn't much care for the red sweater finding it a little tighter than she'd like but she'd persist for now, she'd been briefed on what the government of Achkaerin was attempting and what their thought process was. She knew her role, gather some information and explain some things to the Tamoran should they turn up as well as reassure them if necessary.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Re: Room 101 (Ach and Tamora closed)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 08:54:45 PM »
Hassan Malekmadan got a message from the Tamoran Intelligence Service. He would have to go to Galatia in Venora and meet what it was thought to be an agent for some information exchange. He followed the instructions, approached the girl with the red sweater, greeted her and asked about Koala's. Afterwards he presented himself as Hassan. He was curious to see what this was all about. 

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 11:27:41 PM »
Right place, right person, right codeword Alandra checked each one off mentally as Hassan introduced himself, truth be told she wasn't usually the type for this aspect of the job but she knew it had to occasionally be done.
"I'm Alandra." Alandra said "Follow me."

Alandra stood and led Hassan up a flight of stairs to the first floor of the hotel and room 101, she knocked on the door and one of her colleagues came out indicated that the room was safe and secure before he left the pair to it. Alandra led Hassan into the room and once the door was closed she turned to him.

"I'll understand if you're not entirely sure what you're doing here." Alandra said "As you'll know the Slavan's have detained we believe approximately ten thousand Slavans of Tamoran descent in camps and they've set the date for the execution of Dilara Haghighi. If that execution happens there's going to be a reaction and there will be a lot of consequences but also several implications. No one wants that situation but I've been asked to explain what Achkaerin's potential reaction will be so that if we get to a 'time is of the essence' situation we can save time by already having the groundwork in place."

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 09:47:11 PM »
Hassan was surprised to Achkaerin was involved in the Dilara situation, they have kept mostly quiet avoiding to take a stand one way or the other.

"Oh yes, there is going to be a reaction if the Slavans do the unthinkable. "

"I am curious to hear what will the Holy Empire's reaction be."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 10:01:38 PM »
"Achkaerin's reaction will be focused around the steps required to ensure the safety of the ten thousand being held in camps and at this point nothing has been ruled out." Alandra said "As I've said we'd rather things didn't get to that point but if we see Dilara executed then the question becomes 'what's Slava Lavosk going to do to the other ten thousand?' And these things happen quite fast hence why we're in this room talking about hypotheticals. So let me ask you the same question - what will Tamora's reaction be?"

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 11:17:15 AM »
"What will Tamora's reaction be?" Hassan seemed surprised he was asked such a question. "I see the Holy Empire is not familiar with how things work in Midaranye. While I have no specific information about what will happen, at the very least the Imperial army will cross the border and free all Tamorans detained in Slava. If the Slavans will put up a fight then I doubt our army will stop in Medak Pocket*. If Slava does proceed with the execution, and I doubt they will, then we won't give them the chance to kill another detained Tamoran.

Should they kill Dilara there will be no more room for talk or diplomacy. What's there to negotiate with a government that's crucifying your people? That's why we doubt Slava will proceed with the execution. We believe they are only asking for attention of the international community so they get some "concessions". And by "concessions"I mean more sanctions against us. That's how they operate."

*OOC: the small contested border region in Slava.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 05:17:34 PM »
Alandra half smiled, after all it wasn't that long ago that Achkaerinese, Cenneg and Morelander troops had been in Royal Seleucid dealing with a genocide against followers of the Cult of Helus. Not something anyone wanted to see repeated here, but Hassan had been asked the question for a reason and the answer was partially helpful and partially alarming - helpful because military intervention was on the cards from Achkaerin's point of view so knowing that Tamora was operating off the same hymn sheet in the worst case scenario was at least reassuring however the divergence between what any Achkaerin intervention would be limited to and the seemingly unlimited Tamoran potential intervention was a little disturbing. Alandra took a piece of paper from the pad in the hotel room and in rather typical improvising fashion put it on her jeans around the thigh area and wrote a number on it.

"If you're right then the question your government needs to answer is quite simple, is Tamora prepared to take the hit of sanctions from the international community if it means saving all these lives? If you're wrong then something will need to be done about those ten thousand people's wellbeing" Alandra asked, she handed Hassan the piece of paper "I appreciate that you can't speak for your government so please take this and report back to your superiors and to your government, we share the same interest in this which is the wellbeing of those people held. That number is your means of contacting us should you want to."