Author Topic: A Private Message To The Empire of Tamora  (Read 2670 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
A Private Message To The Empire of Tamora
« on: July 12, 2018, 11:00:09 AM »

A Message To The Empire of Tamora

The Borland Separatists have long been recognized as a Terrorist Enterprise under the Terrorist Enterprises Act, a distinction which brings with it certain policies in regards to nations which "provide aid or comfort" to such an organisation. It is the opinion of the Imperial Council that the recognition of any lands under the control of such an entity would constitute aid, especially in a situation where the Borland Separatists desperately seek any shred of legitimacy they may claim. As we have seen the Separatists have been all too willing to unleash a new wave of violence in an attempt to coerce the world into satisfying their demands, the threat of which all nations must stand firmly in solidarity to combat.

It is also well known that the First Empire shall not tolerate such an enterprise gaining the trappings of a state. As we saw in the previous attempt conducted by the Separatists Rokkenjima remained firm that a terrorist enterprise cannot gain legitimacy, regardless of the circumstances. While Zimalia may recognize the so-called "Principality" the First Empire has long held that those who provide safe harbour to terrorists share equally in the guilt for their actions and must be held just as accountable. The time for inaction has long passed on both of these fronts.

With this in mind the First Empire is concerned that the Emperor of Tamora has requested the Foreign Office to begin the process to recognize the so-called "Principality of Northern Borland". Regardless of the reasons behind this decision the First Empire would be incapable of pursuing further diplomatic overtures with the Empire of Tamora should it indeed recognize that territory under the control of the Separatists as a sovereign nation. With the blood of countless innocents, including that of Rokkenjiman citizens due to direct attacks against the First Empire, such a development would most certainly force my hand in future relations between Rokkenjima and Tamora.

It is my hopes that the progress we have made may continue to be built upon instead of being so carelessly tossed aside to appease these Separatists.

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Re: A Private Message To The Empire of Tamora
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 09:40:42 PM »

I understand the frustration the First Empire must feel when another nation does not consider the complexity of the situation and, perhaps unaware of long standing laws and regulations of your Empire, proceeds to act in a self-righteous manner. I will of course take note and consider that the First Empire would be incapable of pursuing further diplomatic overtures with us should the decision we take not go along with the laws already in place in your country, just as the First Empire took into consideration our laws when deciding to take action against us.
    I recommend patience as the process taking place, while not very complicated, requires great care and consideration of all implications.

Respectfully yours,
Abbas Safavid
Emperor of Tamora   

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 09:14:52 AM »

We have seen in the last few days an unprecedented wave of criticism of Your Majesty's and the First Empire's decision to engage in dialogue with us and then to allow the people of our empires to trade as they have done before in the past. We appreciate Your Majesty's commitment to continued dialogue with the Empire of Tamora in the face of such criticism and we like to inform that Your Majesty's efforts have not gone unnoticed in both the Imperial palace but also the Tamoran society.
Tamora does not forget such gestures and they go a long way to building trust between us. 

Yours respectfully, 
Alya Safavid,
Head of Foreign Affairs
Empire of Tamora

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 12:03:37 PM »

A Message To The Empire of Tamora

To Head of Foreign Affairs Alya Safavid

Thank you for taking the time to write to me and for keeping open the mutual dialogue between our nations. Those who criticize the First Empire in this matter are, unfortunately, hypocrites of the worst degree. You see them strumpet themselves before the world stage proclaiming their great concern for the People of Tamora yet have no breath to spare for Slavans of Tamoran descent who face the actions of a state seemingly bent upon ensuring their lives are so bleak and absent of hope that death would be preferable I imagine. I have never placed much stock in the word of a hypocrite so they may yell as loudly as they wish; I'll respond much the same a mother does when her child perceives that the denial of a piece of chocolate is a grievous injustice and see that they calm themselves.

It is unfortunate that nations such as Tamora are harmed by what has become a dual-tiered international order. If you're lucky enough to be born in certain nations you'll have the whole of Mundus as your cavalry, rushing in to rescue you at a moment's notice. As I stated in recent remarks if it were Slavans of almost any other descent I have little doubt that the reaction to their gross mistreatment would be much different, with special forces most likely moving to put an end to such conditions in conjunction with great diplomatic and economic pressure. As it is Tamora, the 'progressive' powers of the world are content to remain in silence, joined by those nations already disposed against the Tamoran Empire.

I will be challenging those nations to put their money where their mouths are in the coming days, to prove that the international order has not devolved into one which places value upon the plight of a people based upon their nationality, or the plight of nations based upon if they like that nation or not. Rokkenjima did not invest great energy and effort towards the present international order for such high school level principles to guide the hand of international action or, in this case, the lack thereof. If concern is only shown in instances where political points are at stake then I doubt the very sincerity of their concern.

I do hope you will keep in touch and, perhaps, we may coordinate to ensure that fairness is restored to our international order.

Respectfully;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 08:57:49 PM »

A Private Message To The Emperor of Tamora

To: Emperor Abbas

As you may be aware the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy is conducting operations in the Aaraxis and, as I am equally certain, you are aware that piracy has little to do with our presence in the region. Shiragiku represents a larger presence in the Kyne, some components of which are upholding long-running Rokkenjiman anti-piracy missions in the Kyne to be certain. Shiragiku herself has an audience of one, just as Rokkenjman actions against the Slavan leadership indicate that Rokkenjma most certainly is not bluffing when it comes to the matter of Tamorans of Slavan descent held in Slavan internment camps. Now, we see sixty three dead with a crucifixion scheduled for young Dilara; Slava Lavosk persists despite the strongest of warnings that this path shall lead them to most painful repercussions.

I am also aware that you share an affinity with the People of Royal Seleucid who, rightfully so, are concerned with Rokkenjiman operations in the region. As I am certain you understand genuine reactions form an important role in this situation; a Rokkenjiman presence which goes without protest by Royal Seleucid would look rather suspicious and allow Slava Lavosk a window we didn't wish for them to have. Certainly changing one destroyer for another is suspicious, however, the stakes are far too high to allow caution to stay one's hands. It's not one life now, but ten thousand plus which face severe risk within Slava Lavosk.

If I could ask of you a favour, I would be most grateful if you could impose upon Royal Seleucid that Rokkenjima has no hostile designs against them, in a discreet fashion of course. Our audience is with a nation which holds people in internment camps, dehumanizes them, and now kills them at their whim. When a state dehumanizes its foe it makes it all that easier for them to rob from them their very right to life, and I've seen it play out time and time before to allow it to happen once again. We both know where our differences lay and there is little reason to go over them now, however, as I assured you on the challenge of Slava Lavosk's treatment of those of Tamoran descent I will not remain silent and ignore one group of Tamorans while chastising Tamora: it is a system of double standards which targets one problem yet allows another to grow increasingly worse.

I thank you for your time and assistance in assuring that, should shots be fired, it is not between parties which have no reason for hostilities. Indeed, I am sure Royal Seleucid is supporting the interests of these at-risk Tamorans in their own manner. Let us ensure that our efforts are mutually supplemental and do not distract attention away from the issue at hand: Slava Lavosk's campaign against those of Tamoran descent.

Respectfully;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook

Beatrice Anselmo