Author Topic: Euphemia and the Lodjans  (Read 4669 times)

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Euphemia and the Lodjans
« on: October 17, 2018, 10:46:55 PM »

To The Queendom of Lodja

Following the appointment of Vicegerent Emerson Princess Euphemia relayed her desires to me to further her diplomatic service to the First Empire as Imperial Liaison to the Empress for Diplomatic Affairs (ILEDA). Noting the lack of communications which have taken place between our nations at times, as well as the lack of any substantive bonds, she has further relayed her desires to mark the first official talks between our nations. Princess Euphemia awaits your reply and is available at your leisure to further preparations for a visit, should it be agreed upon, to establish formal ties between the First Empire and the Queendom.

Respectfully yours;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 11:01:17 PM by Beatrice »

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
Re: Euphemia and the Lodjans
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 11:30:00 PM »

To:- Empress Beatrice

Our nation is always ready and willing to speak with any other nation and as such we are delighted to recieve your message.

As such we would like to invite you to attend a meeting between our two nations when a royal visit to the nations 2nd city of Leublin takes place. I have  yet to visit the city in an official capacity and following the opening a new military centre in the city I will be delighted to meet with any representative you see fit to send.

We look forward to your visit.

Queen Klara II of Lodja
Guardian of Sessiet

Leublin was the southern most of the nations coastal cities and at this time of year the wind of the Alucard was bitterly cold, it was a far cry from the usual sunny climate of the islands in the north where Klara had grown up as Tatiana. She had spent the day before viewing the new Leublin Military Cadet School, a pet project of her Lord of the Conclave, Besarian Ivanov who was also the Duke of Leublin. It was part of his plans to help support the military rejuvination Lodja needed, a new school for those aged between 16-18 funded entirely from his own pockets. Klara had spent the day speaking with the first intake, watching them play sport, attend classes, shoot on the range and that evening had attended a banquet at the school in her honour. Now though it was a little more nerve wracking as this was the first meeting between the two nations.

As it was his city Besarian was of course in attendance as they waited for the Rokkenjiman Princess to arrive. He'd turned up first and was watching the group of cadets from his new school stave of the cold by doing some drill practice, marching up and down the path in their gey greatcoats over the smart dark blue uniform. Klara was nowhere to be seen yet, getting a Lodjain Queen ready was a lengthy process, the traditional dress alone had to be perfect, today's blue and gold affair was embroided with patterns depicting the cities coat of arms, a Bear holding a halberd. It was designed to show off the Queen's figure yet sweep the floor, the previous Queen had mastered walking so it appeared that she glided, Klara wasn't quiet there yet but her youth as a dancer did give her a certain grace. In attendance with her were the Four Ladies in Waiting, standing in a hollow box formation behind their monarch.
They waited for the Princess to arrive and as she approached the welcome party it was left the lead Lady in Waiting to step forward. "Your Highness it is my pleasure to present Her Divine Majesty Queen Klara II of Lodja, the Guardian of Sessifet."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 03:54:30 AM »
As Princess Euphemia disembarked the Imperial Concorde she was uncertain as to how an unannounced party to her entourage would be seen, however, she would make the best of the situation regardless. "Your Divine Majesty," she said with a bow, "Do forgive my lack of communication on this matter, however, the Empress insisted upon accompanying me on this visit. She awaits upon the Imperial Concorde for permission to disembark as her presence was not previously agreed to. Shall I see that she joins us?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 10:44:56 PM »
The involvement of the Empress was about to muddy things rather considerably. She was the Head of State and as such all deference in talks should go to her, yet it was Euphemia that the talks were supposed to be with. Add to that there was the bad blood that existed between East Moreland and the Empress, and as Lodja's closest ally that would make for some awkward press photos. Klara was a little annoyed, here she was with the nations media in attendance and a potential diplomatic incident on her hands. There wasn't little else she could do. "If your Empress is here then she should not wait onboard an aircraft." Klara said, "If we had known she was attending we would have suggested one of the islands, it would be much more suited to a boat arrival and I believe she prefers that" Klara said. Klara could sense behind her Lady Stasya shifting rather uneasily, she was the girlfriend of the King of East Moreland, a man that had publically shown distrust of Empress Beatrice. Klara was confident that Stasya would not say or do anything to rock the boat but Klara also considered her Ladies in Waiting friends and didn't want to put Stasya in an awkward position. "Lady Stasya" Klara noticed a look of worry on the face of her least experienced Lady in Waiting. "I'd like you to head to Lord Besarian's residence, make arrangements for the comfort of the Empress please."

Klara bowed happily and headed off to let the staff at Besarian's estate to know to expect the Empress of Rokkenjima visiting. Next Klara turned back to Euphemia. "Lodja is a nation that at times can be a little complex in our interactions, as such it is customary to have visitors on state business be assigned a Lady in Waiting during their stay. So Princess if there is anything you require, any service you need done please do not hesitate to ask Lady Roksana. This could well be her final assignment as a Lady in Waiting" Klara waited for her fiance to go and stand beside Euphemia. "We get married in the new year and I don't imagine any other state visits between then and now." Klara thought for a moment, "Lady Jasmina shall be avaliable to your Empress." the flame haired youngest Lady in Waiting stood ready to greet the Empress.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 08:57:05 PM »
Having received her cue Beatrice departed the Imperial Concorde and gave a respectful bow to the assembled Lodjans. "I do forgive any trouble I may have caused by my unannounced attachment to this visit, I assure you my interests are only toward understanding more of your fine nation. I have every confidence in Princess Euphemia as a steward of our nation and am certain she shall represent Rokkenjima well in these discussions. You could say, I suppose, that the Princess is here for business and I, well," she took pause for a moment, "I'm here to further more personal matters. Also, I understand you've a Noble with notable interests in the resort industry."

With Beatrice having spoke Euphemia picked up where she had left off. "Thank you for your confidence," she said before returning her attention to her hosts. "Rokkenjima and Lodja not establishing so much as a common dialogue after so much time has passed is an act of negligence on our part that I am pleased to have the opportunity to address. As two Peoples who adhere strongly to their faiths, two who tie their fate to the oceans in many way, I feel we've many areas of common interest and concern. If you may forgive our lack of attention to forging proper relations before, I am happy to work with you to build from this point."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 11:01:05 AM »
If the Rokkenjimans looked carefully there was a flurry of activity near the airport terminal. A team of the media were kicked out of their official vehicle and it was hastily inspected by a visiting member of East Moreland's Red Legion who was providing technical support to the Lodjains. Once they were satisfied everything was in order it was brought up alongside the Queen's own vehicle. By now the Empress was on her way towards the waiting Lodjain monarch.

Lady Anna Immich stepped in before Beatrice could speak, there was of course official protocol to observe and no one could speak to the Guardian of Sessifet without being introduced. "Your Imperial Majesty Empress Beatrice, it is my deep honour to present Her Divine Majesty Queen Klara II of Lodja, Guardian of Sessifet." A diplomatic faux pas narrowly avoided it left Beatrice free to speak with the Queen.

"We are always pleased to welcome the monarchs of the world to our home" Klara replied, "The Network of Crowns which my previous Guardian had established was meant to not create just a diplomatic and cultural connection between nations but also to create real friendship, what is friendship if it doesn't allow people to make house calls." Klara turned and began to walk towards the cars alongside Empress Beatrice. It left Lord Besarian to walk beside Princess Euphemia being the second highest ranked Lodjain present.

"Princess Euphemia I apologise your stuck with my company for the time being. You must remember when it comes to the Queen there are certain things that must be followed, traditions surrounding the order of speaking to her and the like. Queen Viktoria was superb at following this at all times, while Klara is well.....more adventurous once out of public view." He noticed his Queen turn slightly and smile at that description. "As for the state of relationships between us the platform has always been there." With that one of the traditions being relaxed took place, Klara stopped and turned.

"In the past yes there have been opportunities. Since the death of Queen Sonja there was the ceremony of Queen Viktoria's coronation as Guardian, then her marriage, then my own coronation. We welcomed all nations to come to that and yet despite the Network of Crowns existing our invitation was not accepted. Now I've been Queen almost a year, Lodja has a fresh guardian for Sessifet and therefore there has been a new beginning, that shall be the case for things between Rokkenjima and Lodja a new beginning. Therefore I think talks of what has happened between our nations prior to my coronation are a waste of breath, we shall move forward" Klara then turned, apologised for Beatrice for making her wait in the cold and continued walking towards the waiting cars.

"You see Your Highness" Besarian smiled, "Always keeping us on our toes." he whispered quietly this time so the Queen and Empress couldn't hear. "If I may suggest that during your visit you take use of the Lady in Waiting assigned to you, while you are here they will accompany you everywhere they are tasked with supporting you to make the most of your visit be it professionally or personally. You wish to speak with any Lodjain government official speak with Lady Roksana and she can arrange it, wish to meet with Ekatarina Stasiuk, the property developer I believe your interested in then she can arrange that, want to know where to buy the best hot chocolate in Leublin then ask her. You're doubly lucky in a way, not only is she superb at her job but she is also the fiancé of the Queen so you've the possibility of some unique insights." Roksana who was following a step behind blushed.

By now they'd reached the cars and a Guardsman opened the car doors, the Queen, Empress Beatrice and two Ladies in waiting, the flame haired Lady Jasmina who for the time being was a servant to Beatrice, and Lady Stasya who was the current love interest of the King of East Moreland joined the royals. In the following vehicle Besarian offered a hand to help Euphemia into the high up SUV and then did likewise for Roksana and Lady Anna before joining them. The cars pulled off in a convoy with motorbike outriders stopping traffic as they moved through the city.

In the lead car the Queen physically showed signs of relaxing, the steel rod straight back arched slightly, the elegantly angled neck seemed to shorten and the crown was removed. The teenage girl was evident rather than some symbol of religious and government leadership. "I do hope you will find time to explore a little while you're here. Leublin is not the biggest of our cities but it is interesting and we have plenty of our royal court members here to keep you busy. Sadly unlike other monarchs its expected when I travel I do so with a big entourage, a reflect of the Goddesses influence, it means when I move to Leublin around 12 ministers, 10 Priestesses, a horde of security, a herd of servants and the Four Ladies in Waiting have to come to, same when I go anywhere. I sadly find it hard to get privacy anymore. It makes me envy people like King David" she watched the Empresses face at mention of the monarch she'd fallen out with but who she considered a mentor of sorts. "He travels so alone but never seems alone. How does he do it Stasya?" She addressed her newest Lady in Waiting who was the King's lover.

"I don't know Your Divine Majesty" She began, "David....I mean King David....just seems to always find someone to talk with or something to keep his interest." she had heard the Morelander monarch speak of Beatrice a few times with his advisors while spending time in East Moreland's Palace. " I suppose that's how he meet me." she smiled fond of that evening at Viktoria's wedding.

The Car were now pulling into Besarian's estate, a large walled compound topped with fancy spikes surrounded a three tiered house. It wasn't huge but it was clearly well built. Besarian explained to the Princess, "My ancestors built this as Lodja began to develop from its agricultural base to a industrial one, money was no longer in land it was in factories and so they needed a place to look after their interests. Add to that the Plebs began moving to the cities looking for work and so their Patrician's had to move to maintain their influence. I much prefer the families rural estate." He got of the car and opened the doors, his household staff waited either side of the door and bowed as the Queen and Empress emerged from their own vehicles. As Klara and Beatrice walked towards the door the staff kept their eyes on the floor.

"Thank you" Klara said repeatedly as she made her way up the corridor they formed, she placed a gentle hand on each person's shoulder as they pass, "Bless you" she added repeatedly until they reached the door. Inside the building a huge reception hall lead to a staircase that split to the left and right to a first floor balcony which ran right round the outside of the room.

"Might I suggest the Princess and Her Divine Majesty use my private study for their talks, meanwhile if Your Imperial Majesty would see fit perhaps you'd like to accompany me to the lounge." Besarian lead the way followed by Jasmina and Stasya. At the same time Roksana lead the Queen and Princess to Besarians office on the top floor, it overlooked the city and the giant statue to Sessifet could be seen on the hillside.

"Forgive me" Klara removed her shoes as they entered the study and slipped on a pair of trainers, once the switch was done they were not visible because of the sweeping nature of the dress. "I'd wear them all the time" Klara explained to the Princess, except I remember as a little girl seeing Queen Viktoria fall once and I know the media would think it highly unqueenlike for me to be wearing Nike Air under my dress." she giggled as she took a seat, Lady Anna Immich began pouring drinks for the two. "Now perhaps you'd care to explain where you'd wish to start our conversation?" She waited to begin.

Meanwhile on the ground floor Besarain saw the Empress into the lounge, huge leather armchairs and chaise lounge littered the room. "Stasya perhaps you can pour some drinks, while I tell my chef to expect some more guests for lunch. Should I add anyone Your Imperial Majesty wishes to see while your here?" he asked the Empress.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 06:38:51 PM »
Beatrice

Up to the point they had reached their respective vehicles Beatrice listened more than she spoke, an approach she had adopted in recent times when abroad and especially in lands new to her. There was much which could be learned in this manner, from personalities to those little traits which often played a larger role in later discussions. The talk of privacy, even with the intricacies of religious position considered, reminded her of her own longing for privacy. Having responsibilities thrust upon her so early, in many ways becoming the hope of the entire nation, had left her with little time in her youth, although upon the return to Pyrena she had her refuge in the hidden passages and chambers of the Castle.

At the mention of David a forlorn smile could likely evade her attempts at masking, perhaps less so than the subtleties of her voice. "The company a nation keeps, just as an individual, speaks well of their integrity; Lodja is most fortunate for the bond of East Moreland is nigh infallible. I trust he is doing well yes? You need not answer if you wish," she spoke swiftly before glancing to the window. "My apologies, I realize it is likely inappropriate for me to ask such things, especially as I can see he is in good hands," she continued, a measure less somber.

Taking note to explore Leublin Beatrice felt most awkward for the remainder of the ride. Given their present status she should have remained silent on the King while maintaining her regal composure. Perhaps, she thought....no, it wouldn't do any good, not at the moment at least.

"A fine estate you have, Lord Besarian. "I've long held a love for architecture, especially that which stands the tests of time. A tour would be nice, should we have time later," Beatrice said warmly. "As Princess Euphemia addresses the affairs of state meeting with Ekatarina Stasiuk would be peasant and, if I haven't spoken out of line, some time with Lady Stasya later, should she be willing."

Euphemia

The company of Lord Besarian was pleasant as Euphemia listened to her hosts. She was relieved that any great commotion had been avoided and, while taking note of the Red Legion, she had expected their presence to be felt on some level. "Thank you, I must say while I have heard many things, actually being here is quite different. Thank you for your company," she continued as she joined him for the ride.

"The Empress has a keen eye for history, spent a fortune on renovations to Pyrena and the traditional family manors. I'm certain you and her will get along fine." Upon their arrival and joining the Queen in Besarians study Euphemia gave thought as to beginnings for the discussions.

"Certainly," she replied with a smile. "At present Rokkenjima does not maintain a permanent diplomatic mission to Lodja, a situation we wish to rectify. This is a role the Empress has asked me to fill and, pending approval, I shall serve as Rokkenjima's diplomat to Lodja."

"The Empress also views cooperation in areas such as maritime concerns, green technologies and energy, as well as building sustainability into the global economy as areas we could be natural partners in. These represent the most immediate topics, though I would wish to know if there is anything you would likewise wish to approach in a similarly swift fashion?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 02:58:37 PM »
Klara was pleased some kind of diplomatic mission was on the cards. "I believe Lodja has a rather unique approach to diplomatic missions, most nations with a nobility of sorts maintain an actual embassy in the city of Gaia for things such as dealing with tourists lost passports, visa applications and the like, however the ambassadors who hold some noble rank, which by the sounds of it will be you, will take up the offer of accommodation here." She thought for a moment or two, "You have to remember in many ways we've held onto our medieval traditions longer than most, we still practice a Royal Court system where twice a month any individual may get permission to come and petition myself directly on any matter they wish. It is awkward at times when a Pleblian wishes to come and discuss the state of parking around the market square but it is there right, and its rather dull sitting for six hours in the day. We also host some kind of social event every evening, be it a formal banquet, musicians, poetry, ministers are responsible for arranging things monthly too and so it gives us a great chance to know each other who live here in the Palace. I know some refer to it as backdoor diplomacy but for example my Finance Minister Dragan has built some fantastic working relationships with nations such as Arda Tuluva through this system, and of course that will now include oppurtunities for yourself should you wish to use the rooms we'd allocate to you."

She thought once more, it wasn't seeming for a goddess to make notes and so she was now trying to remember things her Ministers had suggested. "As for maritime concerns I'd need to know what you're concerns are, we've taken measures in recent months to ensure the Sea of Alucard is safer than ever before thanks to TUNA, suddenly we've gone from each individual nation doing their own thing to Bakkermaya, Muneski, Dartfordia and Paracambi all taking a share of the responsibility and while our own navy is maybe lacking we've begun measures to do more heavy lifting in that regard. So for you to wish to talk about maritime concerns I am of course surprised."

"As for economic concerns we have already ties between us through various organisations, mainly the Network of Crowns. While you speak of global sustainability this again I would need to know what exactly you hope to achieve. Our own nation has rather specific economic laws which mean some global ideas can not be applied to us. For example in Lodja all businesses are either directly run by a Patrician or a Plebleian must first obtain a licence from any Patrician. So for example we have a small EMAC facility here making small electronic components, that company is only allowed to operate because Queen Viktoria gave Sir Alan Maybury a licence. So as such any scheme you have in mind must preserve this system." It was one thing the Conclave had constantly reminded her, that the liberal Rokkenjimans would propose schemes that could, if not carefully managed, topple the social systems in place within Lodja. "Perhaps these economic ideas would be a good place to start."

Meanwhile Besarian had begun showing Beatrice around the place, his home was a real mix of the ultra-modern, a coffee table made out of parts of an old aircraft engine sat in the centre of one room which had hung on the walls various portraits of his family going back some 600 years. He even ventured outside in the clear crisp air, there was a variety of perfectly white statues, they went from being around the size of a newborn baby and ever bigger until the giant statue of a beautiful woman, a long flowing dress behind her dominated the walkway. "That is Sessifet, the other statues the unknown Gods that served her. Over there" he pointed to a hillside around 1km away, "is a Shrine that used to belong to a heretical group of Manus worshippers, the God that tried to wipe out humanity but was stopped by the Goddess." Its entrance was just about visible, a cave like opening with two back statues. "MY great-great and so on grandfather was a little superstitious and believed this phalanx of Gods lead by Sessifet would prevent Manus ever leaving that cave." Besarian chuckled at the naivety. "Now as for your talks Roksana should as we talk be making sure that happens, as for speaking to Lady Stasya that is easy enough." As if on cue the Lady in Waiting was sat outside one of the small pavilions that made up some of the grounds, "I shall leave you Ladies to it." Besarian bowed, stole one of the small cakes sat delicately on the stand and headed off back towards his home.

"Your Imperial Majesty" Stasya stood and courtsied before pulling out a seat for the Empress. "I understand you like green tea, and as a nod to your Dartfordian connection, our Albion friends, I took the liberty of organising a little early High Tea." a tiered stand, small sandwiches on the lower, tiny cakes on the middle and jam and scones on the top sat between them. "Please help yourself." she delicately lifted the small stand by the metallic loop at its centre offering the contents to Beatrice before putting it back and pouring a green tea. She then took her own seat, "I'm happy to discuss whatever Your Imperial Majesty wishes with a humble Lady in Waiting." she said formally.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2018, 08:38:18 AM »
"Fascinating," Euphemia replied, "I would certainly be interested in exploring our options there. Prior to my present role I served twice as Vicegerent of Rokkenjima and, while I don't have the name recognition of my cousin Princess Evanthe, I feel this is a setting I could work well within. As for your Royal Court system the First Empire maintains a link of sorts to that, with YourVoice.rk offering Rokkenjimans a direct petition to Chrysanthemum Throne, referendums, as well as input on certain laws before the Imperial Diet. The Empress is also known to welcome the citizenry to Pyrena Castle for a more 'hands-on' approach and I expect her to continue that path to ensure the maintenance and strengthening of links with her People."

"Regarding maritime concerns the First Empire would wish to expand trade with Lodja," Euphemia continued. "As I'm sure you are aware the First Empire maintains a fleet of proper ocean liners, much like our Dartfordian allies, and I believe providing two, perhaps three, routes involving Lodja would open opportunities for both travel and leisure which do not presently exist. Most likely any Lodjan line would involve our newest liner, the Poseidon," she said as she showed Klara a picture of the liner on her tablet, "I haven't had the pleasure of being aboard her for a long voyage yet but I've heard nothing but rave reviews. There's also this little bar and restaurant, sort of an open secret amongst the Rokkenjiman liner crowd, that I hear has the best drinks and food one can find anywhere in Mundus, and one day I'll see if it has earned the hyperbole attached to its name."

"I don't believe this idea would conflict with your system," Euphemia said as she flicked over to a proposal for the Organisation of Sustainable Energy Producers. "OSEP, something which has been championed by both the Empress and Empress Emerita, is becoming increasingly important as oil producers join together in a similar fashion. Ensuring stability in green energy prices and increasing their competitive position against petroleum is vital. For nations like ours it's not just a matter of 'feel-good' consumer choices but, in many ways, our survival. Sea level rises, not to even speak of what warming waters would do to fishing communities which trace their roots back generations, would one day see Rokkenjiman metropolises like Ashinxao under the waves. Through OSEP, we could do our part in moving green technology forward and ensuring it as a viable alternative."

"Thank you, Lord Besarian," Beatrice returned his bow, "I hope to learn more of your estate and history when we have the time. Perhaps a day may allow me to return the favour? Shizukesa Palace may be of interest to you, as one of the oldest holdings of the House Anselmo it has both great beauty and history within its walls. The wilderness around it offers views most don't think of when they imagine Rokkenjima, and the autumns are perhaps unequaled. Not even to speak of the wine cellar which I keep stocked with some of the finest vintages from across Mundus," she continued with a smirk, turning away for a moment as to conceal the flash of a blush.

The continued refusal, or seeming refusal, of the Emperor to return home from Dartfordia had continued to take its toll, and Beatrice felt a tinge of guilt as she perhaps conducted herself too friendly and less professional than she usually would. Either way she soon refocused her attention upon Lady Stasya and was nervous. She wasn't sure how a conversation would go between them, however, she knew it would be best to be genuine. Across civilizations, she knew there was an innate ability to see genuine emotion and feelings, and she would have to have faith this would be seen today.

"Thank you," Beatrice said as she partook of the tea, "although forgive me if I can't treat you in a humble manner, one who has captured the heart of King David is someone of great esteem in my book." Pausing to enjoy another sip of her tea Beatrice continued, "I don't wish to impose upon you or make you uncomfortable, so please do tell me if I give cause for offense or tread into discussions you wish to have no part of. I will understand, I promise."

"Perhaps the reason I wished to speak with you is naked, these days it's often easy to wear my emotions on my face even knowing the importance of keeping one's feelings closely guarded. Quite simply though, I miss his company, I still love him as I do my own family, and with an absent husband watching the life of my dear friend from the outside looking in there are two great voids in my heart. I hope one day at lest one, if not both, may be made whole again. I know I haven't always made the best decisions, there are things I could have done better and yet more I could have done, but I'd like to believe I've always tried to follow a path which serves the greater, common good, you know?"

"Of course, like a spoiled child, I lashed out at him, I said things I would never think of as true about him, because I felt hurt and couldn't get my mind straight to actually think and listen. I felt he had abandoned me at a time where the people closest to me had put a knife in my back, but I should have known better and not have let that matter. Emotions can help us so greatly, giving us insight we didn't know we had or, as you see now, they can trip you worse than a hated enemy and leave you alone, isolated from those you love, it's no way to live."

"So, I guess talking to you, it makes me feel closer to him in a way. I apologize if that makes me seem selfish, I don't mean it to, but I'm happy it seems he's found renewed joy. Just that simple fact I can smile and some of it is at least genuine. I'm still hopeful that one day we're able to work things out, even after all the time that has passed. Sorry for unloading all of that on you without much warning, it's just as the days pass this is something that weighs greatly on me."

"I do love this tea, from where is it sourced?" she asked, not wishing to impose any further without ascertaining Stasya's feelings on the topic.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 12:02:39 AM »
Klara waited for Euphemia to finish, "There are a few issues that you raise, but I'm not sure I would call any of them real maritime concerns. I'm rather relieved I thought we we're talking about something like piracy or military prescences. We would have no issue with any of your nations liners making stops in Lodja, we have many wonderful tourist spots and rest assured the passengers would be made to feel welcome. Now as for them entering our nation at the moment the only agreements we have between us are the Network of Crowns and that lacks any real promotion of tourism. I would therefore suggest if we are about to become part of some Rokkenjima Cruise tour we look at a smoother visa process, I would suggest that so long as a journey is booked two weeks before hand, the person has a return ticket and is not considered a threat to national security they need no visa"

"Now as for OSEP this is not really a project that we will be focusing on. We are a producer of oil and gas and this is an industry we wish to grow within our borders and we've begun trying to get involved in other nations sectors. Even despite this we have not joined OPEN as we believe that it is neccessary for us to maintain our own autonomy and not have our policies, targets or limits. As such we feel that being part of any such organisation is going to place unwanted limits on our nations development. Now this does not mean we are not developing greener energy policies, it is our hope the island of Grand Alucard will run entirely on green energy by the end of 2022 and as such we are working with the Alanders and the Morelanders to investigate wind and wave energy. Now I suspect that the majority of these advances are not going to be made by governments but by private companies and they are not going to shut out a nation such as Lodja should we wish to get involved, as such while I wish OSEP every success I don't feel this is a strong move for us."

"Now on our part what I'd like to discuss is this. In terms of allowing Rokkenjiman companies to invest in our nation you will need them to have the backing of one of our nobles, as such I wish to make a suggestion. I would establish the Rokkenjiman Holding corporation. For a 5% share of their profits in Lodja I would allow any company to become part of it in addition to getting to trade in Lodja they would be free to use my name and we would also not charge them tax on transfering funds back home."

Stasya had never had to speak with a Head of State like this, King David the exception. That meeting however had been different as she'd been assigned to make sure the King wasn't lonely and enjoyed his stay in Lodja. This however seemed to be some kind of information gathering. "The tea is from your homeland Your Imperial Majesty" Stasya explained. "As for King David, I honestly believe he wishes to regain what you once had but at present that is impossible. I may have only been in his life a short time compared to yourself but I have learnt there are three things dear to his heart, his daughter, his faith and his nation, in that order. I think your problem is you succeeded in offending all three. I know that should you find a way of repairing the relationship with the faith and Morelanders you'd see the King come back. What you should also consider is that David is a man who is unlikely to cause a scene at an international event, that gives you a door in. I'd be happy to further your reconciliation on two conditions." The Empress was about to experience what Lodjain nobility was really interested in, expanding their influence. " First is I have been given the task of expanding the Sessifetian faith, I would appreciate it if you would permit my family to build an undergound shrine close to your Royal residence, in our faith the closer a shrine is to the centre of nobility the more honoured it is. When it opens you would naturally be invited and I'd hope you'd attend, getting the Empress of Rokkenjima to visit the Pelagiya sponsered temple would be enomously beneficial to my Father." She paused for a moment trying to guage the Empresses reaction, "The second condition is that my brother Henrik turns 18 in six months. He is currently a Naval cadet at our nations Royal Military Academy, once he graduates I would like for you to arrange for him to spend six months observing the Rokkenjiman Navy, we're currently in a period of change with our Navy and as such many high ranking officers are leaving, by the time he is graduating and has spent time with your Navy he'll be fast tracked up the ranks quicker than you can dream. Now should both these things be acceptable I'm sure it would persuade me to see Rokkenjima in a favourable light, even around His Majesty King David."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2018, 06:51:36 AM »
"That sounds quite workable," Euphemia replied, "and, pending the success of these initial routes we could perhaps see a dedicated Dartfordia-Lodja line as well as lines servicing the Alucard area; I know the Blue Star Line likes to keep Cunard on its toes. The two do cooperate of course, with talks of a future joint liner project being thrown about every once in a while, though their friendly rivalry is good for business. I would suggest we review the popularity of the initial line a year from its establishment and move forward from there. If it proves popular enough, we could see an Alucard-centred service with Lodja as the central hub, though that would necessitate more direct arrangements between your Government and the Blue Star Line of course."

"That is a perfectly respectable position, and I believe the Empress would be open to sharing our knowledge with Lodja on a variety of projects and technologies. Rokkenjima has focused energies on wind and tidal energy throughout Azukishima and Austrana Prefectures, whilst new solar stations utilize a system which stores a portion of the energy collected in 'batteries' underground, allowing for energy to be produced at night without interruption. I may make the necessary calls and get you in touch with Sirius Energy should you be interested."

She also presented a snippet from an RBC report regarding the plants:

A row of parabolic mirrors which track the sun at Sirius Energy's Sola research plant concentrates the rays which are used to generate steam which, in turn, drives a turbine for the production of electricity. Solar heat is then further conducted via fluid into a new storage system which lays two meters under the mirrors, operating at nearly 560 degrees Celsius. This reserve of energy can then be utilized at night, or when the weather obscures the sun, to maintain a consistent supply of steam to allow for the generation of power night, day or during inclement weather.

The new developments lay in a cement-like medium which is used to store the heat in a technology which Nickels states is more efficient than other solutions presently on the market. "This technology should allow those nations still reliant on fossil fuels to again reconsider solar power as our systems reduce, or indeed eliminate, the advantages of fossil fueled plants. When used in conjunction with other green energy sources we feel that a full spectrum can be achieved, however, our newer solar systems will be able to operate independently and without being beholden to the previous setbacks faced by solar energy," Mr. Nickels continued.

"Now on our part what I'd like to discuss is this. In terms of allowing Rokkenjiman companies to invest in our nation you will need them to have the backing of one of our nobles, as such I wish to make a suggestion. I would establish the Rokkenjiman Holding corporation. For a 5% share of their profits in Lodja I would allow any company to become part of it in addition to getting to trade in Lodja they would be free to use my name and we would also not charge them tax on transfering funds back home."

"I shall likewise take your proposal home for full consideration, though I see little in the way of obstacles in this path being pursued," Euphemia continued.

Beatrice listened in silence, making mental notes before speaking. "I do believe we've some prime land opening in the Mount Shizuka District; apart from government facilities it is about as close as one can get to Pyrena Castle. Tackling zoning concerns and other arrangements should not take a significant amount of time. It would also amuse Grand Maester Yuna who looks to foster inter-faith dialogue though she has yet to have great luck in that pursuit. Having the Blessed of Islyna visit a shrine as such would be a move she would look favourably upon. If at all possible, perhaps some contact may be established between Sessifetism and the Rosari Faith?"

"As for your brother, I shall speak with Marshal Admiral Cole regarding an observation role for him, perhaps attaching him to Commodore Alex Rowe. We're set to see a transition with the retirement of Marshal Admiral Cole, who will be succeeded in his roles as Marshal Admiral and Grand Marshal by the Commodore, though don't let his rank deceive you. Rowe was once an Admiral who set into motion his own demotion so he could continue to serve on the front line so to say; he served as the first Captain of our Celestial and Reverence Class Battleships and, upon their removal from service, transitioned to each new class of Rokkenjiman destroyers. His most recent command was in the Illumic overseeing QAMB, and I've finally convinced him that the time has come for him to serve me in a capacity which certainly fits his stature and capabilities."

"Furthermore, the Commodore played a central role in the liberation of Rokkenjima from Republican forces, so Henrik shall be in good hands with him. Should this be acceptable, I believe we have an agreement, yes?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 11:24:31 PM »
Klara had to laugh when Euphemia mentioned the mirrors. "While the project sounds remarkable you have to remember the mainland of Lodja would be the only place with enough open space to run such a project and well..." she gestured to the cold conditions outside, "We tend not to get much sun on the mainland, we're much more famed for our cold and overcast conditions, its why I'm rather glad I grew up on the islands." she added. "Its not that I don't appreciate your offer but it wouldn't really suit our climate and our conditions here. "Now as things stand we have some vague agreements about different options of trade but I think if we are going to move anywhere these would need to be formalised." she began and with statments such as taking measures home for consideration she was unsure how to proceed. "You best know the Rokkenjiman legislative process, perhaps you'd like to suggest a wording that would be acceptable to your own system" she pondered at just how easy things were for Lodja her word was effectively law and as such what she'd already said was enough to make sure it happened should the Rokkenjimans agree. Klara determined that she'd wait and see what suggestion the Princess came up with for this economic co-operation before considering how to approach some of her own proposals.

Stasya suspected the two new Youth Priestesses would be more than happy with the idea of some input into Rokkenjima and while some "contact" was above her remit in regards to her nations religion she could at least make it sound positive, "I suspect the Goddess would be delighted at the oppurtunity to discuss her teachings with people of your own faith." It wasn't really something she cared about happening or not, her faith wasn't important in her life and she was doing a good job of giving her homeland the impression that she was devoted to the service of the Goddess while her East Moreland lover was convinced it was Helus who she had pledged her soul to.

As the Empress went on the the in and outs of the Rokkenjiman Navy she had little interest, the only boat she cared about was her own private yacht moored back in Gaia which would take her to sunny climates where she could sip cocktails on its bow sundeck. "As long as my brother can put down that this service has taken place then the in and outs aren't important" Stasya replied, "I know very little of the armed forces, the closest I've ever got was a week as an Air Cadet and that was because I had a crush on one of the boys in the group, I then found out I was expected to go crawling through mud and if I'm honest the only time I put mud on my face is when its a facial" she shrugged her shoulders. "Now if we have an agreement about me going to help you we would need an oppurtunity. I am not always in full control of my travel plans as the Queen dictates them. So we would need to find an event that we can guarentee my Queen will take her full entourage, David will attend and that you will too. Any suggestions? One I can imagine is Queen Klara's wedding but that is some way off? Can you wait that long?" Stasya asked. It was then that she realised she had a golden oppurtunity. "I understand that you meet David's ex-wife a fair few times, perhaps you can help me understand how she managed to become his Queen?"

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 07:58:58 AM »
"Well, it need not only be solar; we've a fair bit of experience with geothermal, tidal and wind energy as well and I am certain a fair number of Rokkenjiman companies would look forward to serving the Lodjan market," Euphemia replied. "As for any formal agreement the signature of the Empress is all that will be required; there is a review which the Imperial Diet is afforded, however, that was granted by the Empress and I doubt the Diet would interfere in responsibilities which are clearly within the remit of the Empress. If there is anything you would desire for me to clarify please inform me so we may ensure a successful conclusion to our discussions."

"Nothing comes to mind off the top of my head, though I may be of more help in regards to the former Queen. Though it has been some time, as I recall, the former Queen met David at a Royal Ball which was hosted for the homecoming following the Mundus Games. Knowing Lord Osman well the two were introduced, after which one thing led to another as often is the case between two people with chemistry. Then came the dark days of the Regency Crisis, David finding himself shot down by the Separatists, some time after which they were married. We weren't as close in those days, though at present that may very well be the other way around, though if there's anything else you may think of that may be of use to you please do let me know."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2018, 12:19:01 PM »
Klara was unsure whether her response had made sense, she had put forward a way to open the markets for Rokkenjiman businesses however no wording of such an agreement suitable for Rokkenjima had been suggested. She whispered to Lady Anna who stood bowed and disappeared off. Klara made small talk saying, "Perhaps we can get some advice." A few moments later a smartly dressed Dragan Knezevic her finance minister entered.

"Your Divine Majesty" he bowed before taking the proffered seat and listening to the Queen describe the conversation we have just had. Dragan had been scribbling on his tablet while his Queen talked and now produced a document. "If we excuse the spelling mistakes" he turned the tablet which had converted the handwritten text to typed so both ladies could see it.

The nations agree to the following articles.

1. There shall be established within Lodja the Rokkenjiman Holding Co-operation (RHC). Any Rokkenjiman registered company may become part of the RHC so long as they comply with the following conditions.

a) Conform to all local employment law.
b) Conform to all health and safety laws.
c) Pay an annual membership fee the equivalent of 5% of their Lodjain generated profits to the Crown.

In return companies part of the RHC shall be given the following

a) The right to use the Guardian of Sessifet as their appointed Patrician.
b) Taxes paid only at local rates on profits made in Lodja
c) Removal of import tariffs.

2. Rokkenjima agree to remove all trade tariffs and taxes on Lodjain companies and Patricians. Additionally Lodjain companies will be permitted to trade in Rokkenjima under relevant Rokkenjiman laws.

3. Both nations to agree to fast track visas for employees of companies involved in Article 1 & 2.

4. Both nations agree to not put in place any barriers to market for companies save for in the interest of national security.

5. No barriers will be put in place to prevent companies transferring funds to their home nation once tax is paid at a local level.

"Does this seems sufficient" Dragan asked each of them.

Stasya thought perhaps it may have been something lost in translation, after all her English was a little rusty, her Morelandish was practically fluent save for an accent but English was seldom used. "Your Majesty that was not quiet what I meant." Stasya was well aware of the King's romantic past, she'd made it her business to since they became an item. "What I meant is this, King David could have his pick of Queens, what made him choose Matilda, she was not of noble birth, had no high status, she was a lab rat at a Sealife Centre, yet she became one of the most influential women in Mundus, her legacy of two global welfare initiatives for example. I can get next to him in bed no problem, how do I get onto the throne next to him is what I'd like advice with if you can think of anything?"

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2018, 09:49:58 AM »
"This seems like something we can build from," Euphy replied with a smile. "If I may take a few moments to review and think of any notes to discuss further?" she continued.

Beatrice thought for a moment before looking Stasya in the eyes, "I think, if your wish is to sit on the throne beside King David, your best path is to be his rock; when the storms bear down upon him you will be his refuge, his rock. I wasn't there personally for the process which saw Matilda become his Queen, but, I have had similar experience with the Emperor. A foreigner, initially scandalous even amongst my own Imperial Council who could not abide a foreigner sitting upon Chrysanthemum Throne at my side, but he was my rock and my compass. There's many women throughout Mundus who would throw themselves at David in hopes of gaining the Throne; capturing his heart seems already well in hand, but if there is anything you would be concerned about more specifically I can certainly try to elaborate."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2019, 01:12:44 AM »
"Please take your time" Klara said standing and heading over to the window, she could see Stasya and Beatrice sat outside. "Do you need me to call the Empress?" she asked wondering what exactly Stasya and Beatrice could have spent their time discussing. She'd try and find out later although the way gossip spread around Lodjain court would mean she probably wouldn't need to wait long before finding out.

Outside the window Stasya listed to the words of the Empress, her problem was often she couldn't be beside David, that was half her problem. She was balancing the position of Lady in Waiting, something that guarenteed her family increased prestige with the potential of becoming the Queen of East Moreland, something that could fail leaving her family with nothing should she sacrifice her current dealt hand. It seemed the Empress had no real advice that would seal her position as Matilda's replacement but Stasya was savvy enough to not voice that. "Then is seems my pursuit shall continue. As for my side of the thing, I'll be glad to start using my influence for Rokkenjima and yourself the moment my father has a building permit for that Temple and my brother an acceptance letter into an observer role with your Navy. I'm sure I can wax lyrical about my love of Rokkenjiman mead, it's beautiful countryside and the elegance of its Imperial Family." she gave Beatrice a sly smile, she knew this openess about such dealings was probably foreign to the Rokkenjimans but how on Mundus would anything get done if people didn't deal plainly.

"I believe the Queen may be wanting us to come inside." Stasya spotted Klara at the window. "Should we go and see Your Imperial Majesty or would you prefer more fresh air?" Stasya asked standing ready to escort Beatrice to where the formal talks had been taking place.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2019, 12:33:52 AM »
Beatrice took a few moments on her tablet, connecting her with Pyrena Castle via secure ICON access. "A building permit is being prepared as we speak and will be available to your father at his earliest convenience. As for your brother, I've instructed Grand Marshal Cole to set forth the required paperwork which shall be dispatched prior to my return to Rokkenjima. In the mean time I may provide electronic receipts to an email account of your choosing which bear my Seal and enjoy legal standing until paper copies are in your hands," she said with a smile. "If there are any finer details you would wish set into motion I'll leave my personal contact information with you."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2019, 11:14:28 PM »
The nations agree to the following articles.

1. There shall be established within Lodja the Rokkenjiman Holding Co-operation (RHC). Any Rokkenjiman registered company may become part of the RHC so long as they comply with the following conditions.

a) Conform to all local employment law.
b) Conform to all health and safety laws.
c) Pay an annual membership fee the equivalent of 5% of their Lodjain generated profits to the Crown.

In return companies part of the RHC shall be given the following

a) The right to use the Guardian of Sessifet as their appointed Patrician.
b) Taxes paid only at local rates on profits made in Lodja
c) Removal of import tariffs.

2. Rokkenjima agree to remove all trade tariffs and taxes on Lodjain companies and Patricians. Additionally Lodjain companies will be permitted to trade in Rokkenjima under relevant Rokkenjiman laws.

3. Both nations to agree to fast track visas for employees of companies involved in Article 1 & 2.

4. Both nations agree to not put in place any barriers to market for companies save for in the interest of national security.

5. No barriers will be put in place to prevent companies transferring funds to their home nation once tax is paid at a local level.

OOC- Are we assuming this has been agreed? Is there anything else the Rokkenjimans want in?

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2019, 07:39:26 PM »
"The proposed Articles are sufficient and meet what has been discussed. Anything further can be approached as our relations develop in the future, I feel," Euphemia said upon further review of the Treaty.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2019, 08:42:12 PM »
OOC- SO that mean its signed or ....

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2019, 02:31:12 AM »
OOC: From previous discussions we can consider it signed, sealed and delivered.

Beatrice Anselmo