Author Topic: Clysperis State Media Corporation (CSMC) - The Daily Review  (Read 7034 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: Clysperis State Media Corporation (CSMC) - The Daily Review
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2021, 08:05:41 AM »

Marshal Sadeq Hedayati Proclaimed General Of Armies

Marshal Sadeq Hedayati, leader of the CDL, has been promoted to the second most powerful position in the Royal Clysperi Army.

In a ceremony earlier this morning Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re named Marshal Sadeq Hedayati, leader of the Common Defense League which played a major role in the Clysperi war against terrorism, as General of Armies while bestowing upon him a noble name, Intef (His Father brought him). "We have all witnessed the successes of Marshal Hedayati in his holy work to drive from our lands the infidels, the butchers, those followers of the Disgraced. Indeed, it is most certain that without his steadfast loyalty to the Kingdom of Clysperis and the work of the Common Defense League we would not be in the position we are today. These are works which require recognition, thus today Marshal Sadeq Hedayati is elevated to Intef, General of Armies," the Pharaoh said in televised remarks.

Intef, of the Manist Peer Faith, formed the Common Defense League to combat the rise of Nekhtou the Disgraced as his forces laid waste to the culture, people and faiths of Clysperis. "There were some within the Priesthood who questioned my decision," the Pharaoh continued, "wondering why I would appoint a Manist to such a position of power over my armies. I said to them, does not the work of Intef speak for itself? Was it not by the grace of the Prophet that Intef inspired not only his forces, but the People of Clysperis, to rise to the defense of the Kingdom? Who better would you propose I declare; who has proven themselves more worthy? Not one alternative name could be put forth for consideration, and all questions as to my decision were doused by the works of Intef in the defense of the Kingdom, for they speak for themselves."

Speaking with CSMC Intef was clearly humbled. "When we started our work, who could have seen that this would be the end result? Clysperis rid of that festering wickedness bestowed by the Disgraced, the Pharaoh entrusting me with this responsibility and duty. I say to you, in the name of God and the Pharaoh, I will execute the duties which have been bestowed upon me, I will defend our People from all enemies and, Almighty God willing, we will see to it that Hafsah is the last Clysperi soul unjustly imprisoned in foreign lands at the hands of the godless."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2021, 10:15:12 AM »

Pharaoh Akasha Announces Military Modernization Effort

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re announced a grand effort to modernize the Royal Clysperi Armed Forces while improving Clysperi infrastructure and industrial capacity.

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re has set forth an ambitious agenda for the Royal Clysperi Armed Forces which "will see the complete and total modernization of the RCAF, moulding it into a fighting force capable of holding back any threat which may face the Kingdom of Clysperis or Midaranye as a whole." These plans include the indigenous production of new vehicles and armaments, as well as the procurement of foreign military armaments which are deemed to be 'a more immediate need than can be provided for by indigenous measures alone.' While the Pharaoh declined to provide substantial details regarding potential partners being considered for any procurement arrangement she highlighted the Tamoran Empire as a "principle partner" of the Kingdom.

"We have already seen vast cooperation between the armed forces of Clysperis and Tamora, thus I am confident that looking to Tamora for solutions to our most immediate needs is the best course of action. Rebuilding the Royal Clysperi Navy, along with our Air Force, will go a long way toward ensuring the Kingdom is capable of standing alongside the Empire in the holy duty of protecting Midaranye from foreign threats, dissuading foreigners from seeking their imperialist adventures in our lands. These are matters which I shall be discussing with the Empire in the days to come, after which I shall have more details to share with the Clysperi People as we make progress upon this most vital of efforts."

The effort will be accompanied by what is being hailed as one of the largest infrastructure programs in Clysperi history. "As efforts continue to see the completion of Setri, all across Clysperis we will begin to see programs designed to raise the entirety of the Kingdom into the 21st century and beyond. New roads, rail lines, domestic and international airports, coupled with an increase in the capacity of our existing ports and electric grid, will see standards of living rise across the Kingdom. Increased industrial capacity, coupled with the industrious spirit of the People who built those great Pyramids which stand today as they did so long ago, will compete with established economies across Mundus which are known for their inefficiencies, regulations and overbearing tax burdens. Clysperis will be a place where business shall thrive, establishing the Kingdom as the principle northern hub of commerce and industrial production."

In other foreign developments the Pharaoh has reportedly extended an invitation to Altromine to dispatch a delegation to Khemnen Palace to bring about an end to the lingering silence between the two states. Khemnen Palace has declined to speak of the developments, stating that "should Clysperis host a delegation from Altromine the Vizier will be the first to inform the Clysperi People of such a development. Until then, the Palace offers no comment on what is, at present, speculation."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2021, 09:09:24 AM »

The Midaranye Schism: The Clysperi-Seleucid Division

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re spoke of the schism between Clysperis and Royal Seleucid, offering a respectable path forward for King Heydar.

The dream of a united Midaranye, one which sees our states placing the work of our common defense against the blatant and continuous assaults of the Occident against the Orient before petty regional differences, seems to exist as little more than a day dream as of late. As we have seen time and again it is all too easy to give into those petty differences, a tendency which is woefully prevalent amongst Midaranye as it is in any other region upon Mundus. It is no great secret that the Kingdom of Clysperis holds little trust or faith in the Emirate of Royal Seleucid just as it is common knowledge that the Emirate sees in Clysperis, and myself, a prop to utilize when easy political points are required by the Saters. Whilst I have had strong and forceful words for King Heydar, those words have come in cases where I believe that the actions of Royal Seleucid have been taken at the expense of the greater good of Midaranye, as well as those which the position of Midaranye have seemingly not even figured into the plans hatched by the King.

Despite the great differences between Clysperis and Royal Seleucid, despite the reckless and dangerous actions of King Heydar in the past, I extended unto him more than one different olive branch, each of which received a snub from King Soyboy. Purposely maligning my words and intentions while undoubtedly knowing the truth behind them to play politics is not a move of strength but one which drips of weakness: often times, throughout history, when a leader is domestically weak they shall seek a foreign target with which to distract their people from their own shortcomings. While this is a tactic we've seen displayed throughout the years by the Occident it is most disappointing to see it so openly embraced by a fellow Midaranye state. In those times which King Heydar had an opportunity to act in a way which forwarded the interests of Royal Seleucid while preserving the interests of Midaranye the King failed in the latter: to Heydar, Midaranye is little more than a set of tools in the pursuit of the objectives of Royal Seleucid.

Take for instance the long-lived dispute between Royal Seleucid and the Iwi, a member of the CNN. While Clysperis would have been happy to support the cause of the Seleucid in their grievances against the Iwi if King Heydar had approached the situation with logic and reason we instead witnessed the Seleucid commit an act of piracy against a member of one of the most powerful military alliances on the face of Mundus, placing the entirety of Midaranye in the crosshairs of jeopardy in the process. Instead of owning up to his miscalculation when that vessel was destroyed by the Iwi King Heydar instead played himself as the victim. We all fight the forces of the Occident, but when one invites the Occident to bloody his nose and acts with surprise when they oblige his challenge, it shows just whom is the fool in that scenario.

All the Kingdom had asked of the Emirate in that instance is that, in the future, it would take into consideration the implications and potential for harm that its actions may have on other states in Midaranye; that request went unanswered.

We then have the countless examples of King Heydar maligning my words against the Helusians, words which were clearly directed at the leadership of Helusian states who utilized their faith as justification for their foreign adventures, with King David himself stating he had a "dream" for Midaranye relayed to him by his gods. I have made clear I have no quarrel with a follower of the Cult, however at the same time I can criticize the actions of Helusian leaders who use their faith in the pursuit of their imperialist ambitions. Instead of recognizing the truth of that sentiment King Heydar instead twisted my words and sought to paint me as a bigot. I tell you here today, no matter how loudly the mad King shouts my words without proper context and tainted with his ignorance, it will not bring an end to the existence of the Celtic Protectorate and shows those who do understand the meaning behind my words that even here in Midaranye, snakes live amongst us who would set their kin to a trap to save their own skin.

I have attempted to grant King Heydar the dignity of a private apology, to set relations between the Kingdom and the Emirate upon the right track without spite, and those intents have been squandered by the King each time they have been offered. Only when King Heydar recognizes where he has been wrong, only when he has apologized for those actions he has taken which are beneath the dignity of a Midaranye monarch, shall I forgive him for the transgressions he has engaged in against the Kingdom of Clysperis and myself personally. I shall no longer accept the fragility of his ego to open this Kingdom to his unwarranted attacks, nor shall I allow it to impose upon me a blame which is not mine to bear. The Seleucid King chose to impose this schism upon Midaranye, and until the day he chooses to own this blame and take those actions which are his responsibility as a man, I shall refuse to coddle him. He may either take responsibility for his shortcomings, or take the route of the coward and further himself down this disreputable hole.

There is yet hope, that the remainder of Midaranye, in the absence of Seleucid action to address their shortcomings, may bind themselves together to forward the interests of our region and progress the defense of our region from all threats. We already see the Kingdom driving to modernize its infrastructure and military to ensure it may stand alongside our Tamoran brothers and sisters as a guardian for the security and stability of Midaranye. To you I say today, I shall never malign another Midaranye head of state as I have been maligned by the Seleucid King, and just as I picked through the rubble and painted over the blemishes left by those who hate without reason, I shall always be your friend and when the worst of days are visited upon you, I shall suffer alongside you but, also, I shall rise alongside you. We must remember, in times of strife, those who look out for themselves first and those who will willingly suffer alongside us in our darkest of days.

Midaranye must align itself for the future, not for the benefit of one of us, but the benefit of all of us. I pray that all of our states make the right decision.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2021, 08:04:15 AM »

The Midaranye Schism: The Pharaoh Responds To The King

"All it takes is a moment for him to swallow his pride, recognize the manners in which he has been wrong, and respond to them as a man of Midaranye, and as a relative of the Safavid Family he so proudly proclaims his links to."

Pharaoh Akasha took a moment to speak with CSMC in regards to recent remarks from King Heydar of Royal Seleucid. Her remarks are as follows:

"While King Heydar says he would be "pleased" to see Clysperis join in the broader co-operation he has spoken of, and while I will recognize the actions of his state during the Clysperi war against terrorism, the King has failed in other areas in proving these sentiments to be true. The King, with purpose and method, mischaracterized my words on the threat of Helusian-inspired imperialist actions against Midaranye despite my words being directed at Helusian leaders such as King David of East Moreland and King Andrew of Seaforth. Let it not soon be forgotten that King Andrew saw fit to intervene in a most direct manner in the internal affairs of the Kingdom of Clysperis. Meanwhile, let us also not forget the words of King David regarding our beloved Midaranye, that dream which Helus has for our region:

Quote from: King David
Midaranye is a major area of concern for the world. As such I will today be signing the following orders for our government, security forces and military. First, that only humanitarian aid is permitted to be given to Tamora, no goods or services other than those required to relieve human suffering may be sent. In terms of imports from Tamora only goods bearing the Freestone Mark may be brought to East Moreland...A Midaranye that is free of slavery, religious intolerance and nuclear weapons would be the dream of Helus and we must work to try and bring such a thing about.

"I have never slighted Cultists, however I have been clear and consistent that one may criticize those who utilize their faith as a pretext for imperialist ventures across Mundus. Are we to ignore the fact that King David used his remarks upon the Feast of Helus to strike at the Tamoran Empire in a display of naked religious and cultural intolerance? Are we to ignore the words of the King which are a direct affront to the Prophet Mani, as well as the countless Manists who live throughout Midaranye? Are we to accept the dream of Helus for Midaranye as our guiding star, as the path we are supposed to follow? Is Midaranye truly a 'major area of concern', or is it that a region upon Mundus which does not ascribe to the liberal world view of powers such as East Moreland is a threat to their idealized views for a world which does not need, nor one which asked, for them to "save" us?"

"While the King is foolish in his actions abroad which bring undue threat upon the broader Midaranye region as evidenced in Heydar's Folly with the Iwi, he is not so foolish as to not see the truth behind my words, nor to be blind to their intended targets. I understand the situation he's been handed quite clearly; he's a population of Cultists within his nation, Royal Seleucid has a past which it must come fully to terms with, so a neighbour who is not afraid to call out the actions and ambitions of the likes of King David and King Andrew must be a godsend of a boogeyman figure with which to utilize in his quest to win the support of Cultists within his nation. It's an understandable ambition, but one which yet again cedes the greater good of Midaranye for pursuits of the Seleucid King. He may say all he wishes how he has never seen fit "to even attempt to degrade a monarch of another nation"; however he has done all of that, if not in name then through utilizing me as a prop in his petty domestic political games I spoke of the other day. The Seleucid King knows his position with Cultists within his nation is weak so, as we've seen countless times throughout history, he has found a target beyond his borders where he may direct their gaze, attention and ire. It is a fool's errand."

"I never asked for Clysperi inclusion in either Blue or the KHELPS, neither of which addresses in any meaningful manner the distrust which the Kingdom holds in the true objectives of the Emirate. If King Heydar is truly interested in mending the damage he has done to Midaranye unity, if he wishes to see a day where the Kingdom of Clysperis and the Emirate of Royal Seleucid may sit at the same table, all I have asked for is an apology and a recognition of those actions the Emirate has taken at the expense of the greater interests of Midaranye; a pledge that the Emirate would take into consideration the potential fallout its actions may have on our broader region before committing to foreign actions. There has been no hidden meaning behind my words, and it is disappointing that the King seemingly needs this spelled out for him. All it takes is a moment for him to swallow his pride, recognize the manners in which he has been wrong, and respond to them as a man of Midaranye, and as a relative of the Safavid Family he so proudly proclaims his links to, would have long before things reached this point. All I ask of the King is to be a man, recognize his failings, and deal with them."

"Clysperis recognizes that, before all others, our bonds to Midaranye come first. While my nation descended into terrorist-inspired chaos let us not forget that King Heydar criticized my use of social media to maintain a direct line of communication, not only with my own People, but those throughout Midaranye that the King spoke of my silence on such platforms before adding "While the unity of Seleucid increases it seems the Clysperis nation is happy to fight itself." His first instinct was not what was best for Clysperis or Midaranye as a whole, it was but another aspect of his domestic public relations campaign to direct the ire of his People against the woman standing against not only terrorists who defiled a Mosque, but also those beasts who beat Manists and then attempted to drown them. One apology, one recognition of wrong, and I promise a fresh page shall be shown to the Seleucid. Until King Heydar can recognize he need not degrade me in name but through other means, until a day dawns where he cannot condemn the adversaries of the Tamoran Empire without fear, and until a day he cannot stand as a Midaranye man and address properly his shortcomings, that page shall not be turned. I shall pray he does not disappoint and we may move beyond this state of affairs of his own creation."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2021, 11:53:52 PM »

Pharaoh In Achkaerin Amid Regioal Tensions

The withdrawal of foreign forces from Clysperis and the situation surrounding Parbhani are expected to be discussed, according to Khemnen Palace.

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re touched down in Midvale earlier this afternoon for a series of talks with the Holy Empire on a wide range of issues, principle amongst them the remaining foreign forces on Clysperi soil and the rapidly developing situation with Parbhani that has raised regional tensions in recent days. Speaking with CSMC briefly before departing her plane the Pharaoh addressed a few questions before joining her Achkaerinese counterparts for discussions.

"The Royal Government expects the question of when foreign forces depart the Kingdom to be answered before my return," the Pharaoh said before leaving her plane. "We have defeated the terrorists, Clysperis is rebuilding and life is returning to normal across our lands. While we are grateful for the assistance against the forces of terror the time is at hand for Clysperis to complete the work which has been started. It is time for these brave men and women to return home, to see their families, and leave with a sense of pride that when evil rose up, they faced it and served the greater good of justice."

When asked of Parbhani the Pharaoh stated that the "Royal Government is watching the situation closely. We remain concerned that anonymous powers, who for all we know could hail far from the shores of our region, are being invited to tackle this situation. We've no assurances that their presence will actually be of any benefit, nor if they possess the capability and experience to do what is being asked of them. Meanwhile, Parbhani has neighbours who may have been better positioned to work with them on building a foundation for lasting peace. These matters will be discussed with Achkaerin and, hopefully, I may hold more answers upon my return to the Kingdom."

The Pharaoh is expected to be in Midvale for the next three days. During her absence the Vizier and Prince Nasser are expected to conduct the day-to-day operations of Khemnen Palace.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2021, 09:59:43 AM »

Pharaoh Downplays Risk To Khemnen-Djerb Relationship

The Manist Temple in Setri, Clysperis, is the largest such temple outside of the borders of the Tamoran Empire.

Speaking from her private quarters during her visit to the Holy Empire Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re called rumors that the differing positions displayed by Khemnen and Djerb would result in a souring of relations between Clysperis and Tamora.

"The Clysperi-Tamoran relationship is unique, even moreso than other self-proclaimed unique relationships elsewhere on Mundus. We follow different faiths, yet our own faith has recognized Manism as a peer faith to our own, Kemenism. Our peoples have spilled blood together several times in the interests of Clysperi freedom and sovereignty, a commitment of Djerb's which is represented today by Tamoran forces being stationed within the Kingdom for the joint defense of Midaranye. I have yet to mention my beloved fiance, who has already proven himself worthy of wearing the crown of a Clysperi King over the course of our war against terrorism. So while some within our Kingdom may fret at a Djerb-Ispus joint declaration and what that means given Clysperis' stated concern of anonymous actors being invited to the region, I can sleep soundly tonight knowing that the ties which bind the Clysperi and Tamorans are strong and this scenario won't even stand as a test against those ties."

The Pharaoh's remarks came as the largest Manist temple ouside of Tamora was officially opened in the City of Setri, itself 75% complete in its construction. Great Ayatollah Mahmood Talyarkhan was joined by the Vizier who led a delegation from Khemnen Palace to commemorate the occasion. "In the heart of Setri, set on a majestic bank, sits the Manist Temple of Setri, the largest such temple to exist outside of the borders of the Tamoran Empire. This Kingdom, and our Pharaoh, will never forget the vast contributions to the Clysperi nation made by Clysperi-Manists. We join with our Manist brothers and sisters in celebrating the opening of this Temple," he spoke in Parthian and Clysperi.

Pharaoh Akasha, while not present for the opening, shared with CSMC her joy in the occasion. "In the most modern city throughout the Kingdom sits a most beautiful and awe-inspiring Temple, representative of that faith which we recognize as a peer to that of our own. Whereas less civilized nations have fought over differences of faith we have shown that such differences are of no concern; indeed, we have seen that Manism is a faith we recognize as a Peer to our own in upholding principle and order. I look forward to the first opportunity that I have to visit this beautiful and monumental construct."

In developing news a Clysperi submarine has been reported as declaring its allegiance to the Confederation of Clysperis after a mutiny took place upon the boat. Initial reports indicate that Achkaerinese vessels are assisting Clysperis in ensuring the rogue submarine poses no threat to regional waters or shipping lanes.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2021, 11:48:42 PM »

Pharaoh Visits Setri Upon Completion

Setri, which has been hailed as the new economic capital of Clysperis, was declared completed by Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re

Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re toured the City of Setri proclaiming "the City of Dreams, Setri, is open for business. What was once an expanse of desert has been transformed into one of the most modern cities anywhere in Midaranye. We welcome businesses from across Mundus to take advantage of the Clysperi Special Economic Zone centred around Setri. Combined with the Clysperi Mercantile Registry I feel that these will make Setri the preferred port in the Gulf of Safraen and the northern gateway into Midaranye. I will be working with my neighbours and partners to ensure adequate infrastructure to support the movement of goods and materials through Clysperis and into the broader Midaranye economy, further eliminating any fees imposed by the Kingdom for such transport across those borders."

While touring Setri Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re visited the new Assembly of Nomes building. "Some organs of the Royal Government wished to establish their operations in Setri, requests which I have been happy to approve. In addition to the Assembly of Nomes the Royal Treasury and others will be housed in Setri. Naturally Khemnen remains the principle seat of political power in the Kingdom and I would have no interests in abandoning the Palace. Its history, serving as the seat of power since the formation of Clysperis, will not be abandoned. We are however looking at many improvements to be made in and around Khemnen to see that it has the same support, in infrastructure and utilities, as the City of Dreams does."

Some governmental institutions, such as the Assembly of Nomes (pictured above), have been granted permission by the Pharaoh to be based in Setri.

The People of Clysperis have celebrated the completion of Setri, which the Pharaoh has said will "serve as a guide for our modernization of older cities across the Kingdom. Higher living standards, greater paying jobs and increased security for our People is the reward we have claimed for ourselves following the defeat of the Disgraced. It is my hopes that we will, in the coming weeks and months, see foreign businesses establish operations in Setri to take advantage of a growing and dynamic Midaranye market. This will be accompanied by the establishment of the Setri Securities and Stock Exchange (SSSE) as well as existing initiatives to ensure that foreign operations establishing themselves in Clysperis have every incentive to do so."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2021, 03:12:51 PM »

Pharaoh Mandates Employee Ownership

The Pharaoh sees the measures as benefiting not only Clysperi workers but also the present Clysperi economic expansion.

Pharaoh Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re has issued a Decree mandating that Clysperi businesses to begin transitioning to employee ownership. "By the end of 2022 it shall be mandated that Clysperi businesses shall reserve at least 50% of their shares to be distributed to their employees. It is my belief that employee ownership will ensure that Clysperi businesses make decisions which benefit those in their employ and will serve as a cornerstone in the Clysperi economic revival. We are also seeing, in the Southern Lands, the establishment of worker cooperatives which have shown an ability to compete with more traditional business models. Take for example the Nemphis Agricultural Cooperative which has rose in the post-war period as a top 3 performer in the Clysperi agricultural sector."

Recent reports from the Ministry for the Economy shows not only that wages are rising throughout the Kingdom, but also estimates GDP growth for the present year could trend as high as 7%, with more conservative estimates calling for 5% growth. "The path the Kingdom is on is one of growth and prosperity, and I intend to see that this prosperity is owned by and benefits the Clysperi people. We've seen images of the super wealthy blasted across screens alongside the Rokkenjiman Crown Princess seeing the need to address the nutritional needs of disadvantaged Tytorians. When you can have such an accumulation of wealth while having people starving in the streets it points to a system which, quite frankly, is broken."

The left-leaning measures caused some Clysperi conservatives to air concerns, remembering the days of the Soviet occupation of the Kingdom. "We are not advocating for a Socialist model for the Clysperi economy," the Pharaoh was quick to point out, "however, we must have an equitable playing field where no Clysperi worker goes hungry or isn't fully and fairly compensated for their work. Placing a large portion of ownership of Clysperi businesses in the hands of those very workers is one method we have to ensure that goal. If we are to rise it shall be equally, we shall not merely concentrate Clysperis' wealth in the hands of a select few."

Beatrice Anselmo