Author Topic: Red Oni, Blue Oni  (Read 2968 times)

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neo Quywe Federation
Red Oni, Blue Oni
« on: June 16, 2019, 02:06:28 AM »

Her Excellency, President Seiko Kumoya of Josai

The Federation extends its warmest greetings to you and your people.

We do not believe in unnecessary contact with the outside world, for treachery is an opportunistic beast. However, as your people and mine share a close cultural link, we believe the relationship between the Republic of Josai and the Neo Quywe Federation is one to be nurtured. Regardless of your relationship with the loose remnants of our nation that came before, we extend a hand out to you.

It is our sincerest hope you take it, there is much to be accomplished together.

If you share this belief, and wish to turn mere cultural ties into a lasting relationship; we cordially invite you to the city of Myoudai. The Onyx Palace's doors are open and there is always a seat awaiting you.

Signed,
Brilliant Speaker Junko Kamaejikawa
Leader of the new Quywe people
something funny or offensive here

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Baal System
Re: Red Oni, Blue Oni
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 09:39:21 AM »

Brilliant Speaker Junko Kamaejikawa

It is with great honour that I accept your nation receiving us. Our cultural ties will definitely play a good role, but we also think that the both the Neo Quywe Federation and the Republic of Josai would benefit from mutual economic and cultural exchange.

To that end The Republic of Josai will like to establish more formal relations with the Neo Quywe Federation, we will gladly make our way to Myoudai, the delegation will include myself (President of Josai, Seiko Kumoya), Secretary of State Keiko Uwi and Secretary of Commerce and Industry Gendo Shibata will be present.

Yours Sincerely

Seiko Kumoya

President of the Republic of Josai 

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 03:12:12 AM »
At the highest tier of the Onyx Palace, an open air balcony on a classical Himeyan-style castle, 200 meters above the ground. The Brilliant Speaker's home in Myoudai, in all its extravagant glory. The elevator button rang, interrupting her casual browsing of foreign news outlets. Looking up, she saw Grand General Hasaenori emerge from the shaft at the far end. The General greeted her with a tip of her peaked cap, taking a seat on the cushion in front of the Speaker.

"General. I am surprised you actually showed for this. Glad, but surprised." Ianaha tilted her head, smiling widely. "The Josain delegation, they in particular interest me. They present a unique opportunity." She said with muffled enthusiasm, removing her cap so her long hair may blow in the wind with the white petals of spring. "Do you wish to divulge?" Junko inquired. "I think not, it can wait for when the time comes." Junko nodded in acknowledgement.

"I see. Regardless, they'll be arriving shortly. Onibi International Airport, your ride there and back awaits, General. I trust you'll entertain them plenty before they arrive." Ianaha stood up and turned her back. "Admittedly, there are many things I am incapable of. Attracting the interest of foreigners is not one." Ianaha responded, flashing a grin while turning her head to the side. "Less foreign than most. Remember that General."

Spring in Myoudai, the ghost trees let their petals fly in a blanket just above the heads of those walking among its streets. A single twin-hull boat advancing down the Muratsukei River, all others moored into place or sticking to the sides in both directions. The riverside Onibi-Hida district was famous for its Bohemian lifestyle; even after stricter entry requirements were put into place following the rise of the new Federation, tourism in the district hadn't slowed in the slightest.

Perhaps the food, nightlife and street markets of such a place were still worth the hassle of a visa application months in advance. All that was known for certain is that it kept foreigners coming back for more indefinitely.

While the NQF made it a point that timing was kept immaculately adhered to; the General's appearance anywhere she went announced her presence as effectively as any clock ever could. In a uniform matching the jade green of the national flag, she entered the terminal casually with a sword on her back, flanked by the ubiquitous but secretive Phoenix Guard in groups of five on either side. Perhaps more strikingly, a ceremonial gauntlet of gold and silver on her left arm and hand; imitating the great gauntlets of old Himeyan warriors in form, if not function.

A small jet, bearing the crane insignia of Josai touched down just in time for the General to step out onto the tarmac, holding her peaked cap in her hand as she approached them. With haste the Phoenix Guard formed a line on either side of the door when the plane finally slowed to a rest; placing their fist against their right pec in the NQF salute. The door opened slowly, the Grand General following suit with her sword in hand and her other hand behind her back.

"Your Excellency, Kumoya-sama of Josai. The southern winds bring auspice! And with it, your presence. Truly, the day is blessed!" She said, lowering her head in respect as the Josains approached.

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 11:47:49 AM »
President Seiko Kumoya & Secretary of State Keiko Uwi both touched down and saw the delegation that was greeting them. The President and State Secretary cordially bowed in signature Josain fashion, a custom that was seen as rather familiar to the Himeyans. “President Kumoya was the first to respond to Brilliant Speaker Junko. “Brilliant Speaker Junko Kamaejikawa-Sama we are grateful for your nation receiving us. We are truly blessed to be invited to a nation such as the Neo Quywe Federation.”

They both then raised their heads and greeted both Brilliant Speaker Junko Kamaejikawa and Grand General Hasaenori with a smile and saluted Grand General Hasaenori. The President always gave off a kindly almost maternal vibe, as if she was a sweet grandmotherly figure.

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 05:20:32 AM »
As the Grand General lead her Josain counterparts out of the elevator and onto the open-air balcony, the Brilliant Speaker greeted them with a slow, dignified bow. "The pleasure is mine, Your Excellency." Behind her, a hand-crafted silk banner fluttered with the warm summer winds; elaborately fusing the Josain crane and the Quywe lotus into a single design. "Please make yourself comfortable. If there's anything you lack, you have but to ask." She finished with a tilt of the head and a smile.

"And we do mean anything." The Grand General added. "Indeed. They're called 'party favors' in some places, it's all part of business here." Junko said with a sly wink and a mischievous smirk. From under her cushion, she slid out a small brass box. With trained discretion, she popped it open and pulled out an ornate pipe and a glass jar. "Remember, business." Promptly she took some contents from the jar and dropped it into the pipe. Striking a match to light it. A pungent but familiar smell wafted by and blew out into the open skies. "Now, first order of business." She began, taking a puff from the pipe. "The Quywe chooses friends sparingly. We feel it'd only make sense that when we want friends, we make it worth their while." Taking a second puff, she held the pipe out across the table for someone else to take; wearing a look that said 'only if you want to.'

"What we propose first, easing up visa restrictions on our end. A cordial gesture as the vanguard to a prosperous relationship."

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 10:02:59 AM »
As The Quwye leader Speaker Junko light up cannabis pipe the two officials looked at each other with a mixture of apprehension, confusion and just shrugged. Seiko would part take and smoke a cannabis pipe, hell she did the same thing back in her days at university at Henda University and researching her labour economics thesis at the Josain School of Business.

Secretary of State Keiko Uwi chose to obstain, the rational being that she will be the designated states-person if the President was enjoying herself too much. President Seiko seemed to be a little too familiar with a weed pipe.

She replied “Hmm, this kind of taste like a similar Sativa strand of weed that I smoked in my undergraduate days.” She then asked Her Secretary of State “We have legalised pot, right?” Keiko signed “Yes Madame President, we did in your first term.” President Seiko responded “Oh right yeah I remember now.” She said with a grin on her face.

She then addressed her counterpart in front of her. “As for your offer Junko-Sama, the answer is yes, we are more than happy to extend ease of access via a visa free agreement to make it easier for our people to move between the New Quywe Federation and the Josain Republic.  That is no problem, we will also be willing to draft up a some provisions of a potential free trade agreement between the NQF and Josai as well, the details however will need to be further discussed of course.”

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2019, 03:01:32 AM »
Mischievously, the Brilliant Speaker smiled. A smile unlike the one she put on for other guests and the prying eyes of the world. "Ah. Ha. You know, what you just inhaled is quite revered in our part of the world. It's known as 'Gateway to the Heavenly Gardens'. My job disallows me to enjoy it on the regular, but the wait makes it all the more worth it. Perhaps you'd like some as a parting gift?" The Grand General let out a brief chuckle. "Awfully bold around our guests today, are we not?"

"In the spirit of shared cultural values. Plus the Josains seemed like the fun type." She flashed the guests another grin. "As for a free trade agreement. We couldn't possibly refuse, Josai is a haven for similar cultures to thrive and intermingle. Likewise, the introduction of Josain goods on a much larger scale couldn't hurt us either. The appeal of Bakkermayan products is niche, and our opinions on MICA are currently... diverse. Despite the free trade agreement involved." In a flash of revelation, the Speaker closed her eyes and held up a palm. "On an unrelated note. The view of the Onyx Palace is magnificent, no?" Junko asked, rising to her feet. She approached the edge of the viewing room, peering down over the low wooden wall. Silently, the Grand General motioned for the Josains to join the Speaker with an affirmative nod. "But, the Wisteria Shrine is nearby." She pointed, where she did a noticeable patch of purple against the orange and brown city could be seen; dyed by the sunset. "Himeyans from as far as Albion visit the Wisteria Shrine to practice rites. And since it's a quiet day, there won't be many there to bother us... Only if you're interested in seeing for yourself of course. We can discuss all the politics we want while we're there."

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 10:33:08 AM »
THe President replied "The Wisteria Shrine you say? I think my son said something about that place. Can't quite remember, he came here a few years back at his first few years of undergraduate studies on vacation. I asked him how it was. He said it was one of the weirdest places he had ever been."She said as she chuckled lightly "No offense of course your majesty."She then turned back to Secretary Uwi and asked very deadpan and nonchalantly "By the way, is it normal that I can't exactly feel my face?"

Secretary of State Keiko Uwi merely sighed and gently took the joint from the President and said in the usual Josain deadpan manner "Yeah..I'll just be taking this." The President merely sighed then refocused her attention to Brilliant Speaker Junko. "Right, the Wisteria Shrine sounds lovely. We can go over the particualrs there. Fariff and non-tariff barriers, FDI access agreements, visa terms, everything." Secretary Uwi replied "Yes, but lets just push the breaks a little until we get tere and when you are a little less, well..Relaxed and more focused."