Author Topic: Returning Something (Ach and Iwi)  (Read 1974 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Returning Something (Ach and Iwi)
« on: June 22, 2019, 11:44:31 PM »

To King Piripi,

I'm not accustomed to writing formally to other Heads of States so I hope you'll forgive me if this doesn't come across correctly. My name is Melanie Bell, officially speaking I'm the Countess of Elsion in Achkaerin, I'm also an archaeologist which brings me to why I'm writing to you. In the course of my current investigation I have come into possession of something I believe belongs in your country if my understanding of your culture is correct - a severed Maori head. As such I would like to return this to your nation and its people as soon as possible.

I await your response

Melanie Bell

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi
Re: Returning Something (Ach and Iwi)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 12:14:27 PM »

To:- Countess Melanie

I appreciate you contacting our nation regarding this matter. The Mokomokai represent a unique part of our nations heritage and culture and should never have left our soil. We are thrilled to welcome this objects home and would be honoured if we were permitted to retrieve the object for repatriation. If possible we would like to have an expert come ahead of any repatriation to view the Mokomokai to be able to identify the Iwi to which it is connected.

With deep thanks.

King Piripi

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Re: Returning Something (Ach and Iwi)
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 07:06:26 PM »

To King Piripi,

I am more than happy to agree to your requests, please inform your expert that Elsion does not have an airport they should fly to the town of Lakeside. I look forward to meeting them and returning this object to where it belongs.

Melanie Bell

When it came to busy Achkaerinese airports it was probably no surprise that the cities of Valtheim, Artaxia, Valkyria, Mossflower and the other major ones were at the top of the list but what perhaps wasn't expected was that Lakeside was actually higher up than a few of the bigger cities on that list. There was a reason for this, the southern half of the Aelmoor region was the most rural region in Achkaerin, the landscape was dotted with small villages and towns it had a real community feel out there, especially if one travelled to the southernmost point of the region where Angel's Rise, the smallest settlement in Achkaerin, was found.

Melanie stood waiting around the arrivals terminal, she didn't know who the expert from the Iwi was but she hoped that the trusty notice being held by her friend, tutor, not to mention adopted father Brian Raines would assist in that regard.

"You know when you went poking around in Jonathon's theory on Pharoah Amentuankh I never imagined you'd find one of those what did King Piripi call it?" Brian asked
"Mokomokai." Melanie said "Took me by surprise as well, but this is what I got into archaeology for." she continued to scan the various groups of people wondering who the Iwi's expert was.