Author Topic: Council of Crowns  (Read 5902 times)

Offline Hassfurt

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Hassfurt
Re: Council of Crowns
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2019, 09:58:37 PM »
Philip looked King David over. He was smaller than he had expected and despite seeing pictures of the man he was still disappointed he was a Antaray (3rd Rank Strata). "Your Majesty" he gave a respectful nod in position of a bow before squeezing the King's hand tightly. "I have read much of your nations interest in Swordsmanship. It is a martial skill I am yet to try my hand it but that armoured MMA of yours does interest me. Perhaps one day you may be able to let me have a lesson?" It may have been beyond living memory that Hassfurt had engaged with diplomacy with other nations but Philip had heard getting on personable terms with other monarchs was a good way of making friends. It was then that Philip saw that Empress Beatrice was with the Morelander, she was clearly a Guine (5th rank Strata) but the blonde hair a mockery of the Gods. Not doubt trying to fool people into thinking she was of a higher Strata but failing miserably. Philip could hear his boyhood priest in his ear "The Gods see through fakery." but knew  that at times the Strata may need to be put aside for the benefit of the nation. "Empress Beatrice" the King greeted her. "My advisers had told me that the King of East Moreland and Empress of Rokkenjima were not friends, in one way I am pleased to see two mighty monarchs together in friendship, it gives me hope for this organisation. On the other hand it makes me sad, as I now need to sack some advisers" He smiled his tone to strangers being hard to fathom whether he was jesting or not.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2019, 10:07:50 PM »
David was surprised by the man's firm handshake. While he kind of expected it this was like a vice and he did his best to not react. " Well should you end up joining the Council of Crowns you'd be more than welcome to come over and stay with us anytime you wish. I could arrange you a lesson with some of our instructors. as for the Medieval MMA we're just eagerly waiting the final in the Mundus Games. Our two guys there have some severe pressure behind them but I'm sure we'll get the gold." The King had already arranged to have family and friends round and watch that in his suite with Rhiannon who already had posters of both Louis Blanche and Tom Ridge on her bedroom wall. The King's words about himself and Beatrice caused a slight discomfort after what David had just said to Beatrice. He looked at the Rokkenjiman Empress with a sideways glance. David wasn't 100% sure about the Hassfurt Strata system but guessed her was higher up than her and so spoke, "I think Your Majesty will learn as you become more active in global politics that the media can't always be trusted to get things 100% right so I wouldn't be so annoyed at your advisers." David looked beyond the King at the stand of Hassfurtian foods, "perhaps you can suggest what I should try. I've never had Hassfurtian cuisine before"

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2019, 06:52:12 AM »
Beatrice chuckled, "All relationships, whether it be between mother and child, husband or wife, friends, even nations see both times of trial and those of serenity. It's passing through those times of tribulation which allows us insight into the true worth of these relationships, as it's not the situation at hand which defines us, but that which we do with it. Regardless, I don't think firing your advisers who weren't privy to all the details would be necessary. After all, ascertaining a situation from a distance is at the best of times a series of educated guesses."

"Now then," Beatrice said as she shifted gears, "I was wondering if you'd had the pleasure of conducting any business with our General Consul, Melicia Alston?" she paused to gauge their response. "She worked under Princess Evanthe during her time as Vicegerent, and is one of the first Ndambian-Rokkenjimans to be appointed to such an office. Certainly there were many qualified candidates, however, her qualifications so happened to be the greatest once the time came to staff the Consulate. I trust she shall serve with distinction and best represent the character of the First Empire. A Consulate it may be, however I'm certain you can understand that at this time the First Empire is not quite prepared to establish a full embassy in Hassfurt."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis