Author Topic: Djerb calling Ipsus (Tamora and Royal Seleucid)  (Read 2171 times)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Djerb calling Ipsus (Tamora and Royal Seleucid)
« on: September 07, 2019, 11:04:47 PM »

After the meeting with Pharaoh Beketaten was done, Abbas instructed his staff to get a hold of King Heydar.  He knew that Heydar was on his honeymoon so he instructed them to explain their counterparts in Royal Seleucid that it is nothing urgent and only get him on the line when was convenient for him as this was not urgent. After all, the man was on his honeymoon, and in MidAranye a man would go on a honeymoon only from time to time.

The next day the staff informed him that they got a hold of Heydar:

“Hello, friend! I hope all is good in your honeymoon and that you are enjoying your new lands in South Markazi. I want to say again that it was a wonderful wedding ceremony that you had. I also hear Queen Chyrssa is making good use of your palace while you’re gone and organizing a women’s council. Your sister Thekla is also going there, I feel like she has accommodated very well to life at the palace and is eager to get married. ”   

“I called you to inform you about an announcement I plan to make regarding Tamora’s foreign policy. I plan on announcing publicly that Tamora will see any government inference by a non MidAranye country in the internal affairs of a MidAranye as an aggressive action. Furthermore, any military intervention in MidAranye by a non MidAranye country will be considered a hostile act by Tamora. MidAranye has expanded in recent years as new nations have emerged from isolation, quite a few of those nations have similar values to ours and I want to give them the confidence to continue their current policies without fear of foreign government interventions. Of course current arrangements and agreements would not be affected by this and only future actions.

I want to know what you think and if I have Ipsus support on this.”

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Djerb calling Ipsus (Tamora and Royal Seleucid)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 08:27:43 PM »
Heydar had put affairs of state to one side after all he had left a capable cabinet at Ipsus, Chyrssa would ensure they followed her husbands commands to the letter and only the most important business should reach him. He had spent a few days at each of the royal palaces and a few days in South Markazi the main purpose of his trip being to actually get to know his wife one to one and naturally if possible father a child with her.  The King had just finished a rather brisque morning swim in the waters that surrounded the Lake Palace infact he was still toweling his hair when a servant appeared with a phone. "Your Majesty Emperor Abbas." The man said as he extended a hand with the phone in.

Heydar hadn't been expecting a call and knowing a lot can happen in the time it takes to swim a few laps of the palace he felt a slight apprehension. "Emperor Abbas, rather a surprise" he greeted the Tamoran. Naturally he'd been aware of his wife's plan and wished the endeavour well although he had little interest in it himself. He listened to the man outline his new policy. "Naturally Royal Seleucid will take the line that Tamora is welcome to pursue whatever policies it sees fit for the interest of its own people. I however do not intend to make such a blanket statement regarding ourselves. Saying any military intervention in Midaranye by a non native nation eleminates potential advantages, image someone like Rokkenjima blockading Slava Lavosk. I for one would not be considering that a bad thing. I will prefer Royal Seleucid to take the stance that we will determine on a case by case basis whether we believe actions are hostile or not. Naturally you can be assured that in public I will be as I said stating Tamora policy is a matter for you to determine. I will also add that Royal Seleucid remains steadfast in supporting the stability of the region and working with our friends to make the region more prosperous for all." He did his best version of a statesman like voice. "Beside there are some nations in this region I would not happily shed Seleucid blood for and so a blanket statement is not I believe something I could stand by." He added. "I hope this is a suitable answer. I have a few more days here at the Lake Palace and then me and Haniyah travel to check upon the progress of the Temple in South Markazi, we would be delighted to see you and your family for dinner one evening if you believe we must discuss this further." Heydar added.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 08:17:12 PM »
"It is a suitable answer indeed but that is no reason to pass on the opportunity to see you for dinner when you are in South Markazi. Matters of state must not be the only reason to see each other. I promise we won't take much of your time since you are in your honeymoon."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 09:53:30 PM »
To:- Emperor Abbas

Following reports in the Lakhzovian media that Manists from Lakhzovia will only be able to visit Tamora via a third party nation we propose that for the next six months Royal Seleucid will offer, if permitted by the Lakhzovian government, fast track transit visas for those wishing to visit Tamora. As such if permitted we shall begin a twice weekly flight to and from Tamora allowing these pilgrims to enter Ipsus and either by land or air enter Tamora. We hope this helps support the pilgrims wishing to visit your nation.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 05:54:10 PM »
To: King Heydar

I thank you for the offer of assistance and gladly accept. Access for pilgrims to our holy sites is one of the issues that greatly concern the Tamoran Empire and we deeply appreciate it.