Author Topic: The Crane Flying over the Rising Sun  (Read 3830 times)

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Baal System
The Crane Flying over the Rising Sun
« on: September 23, 2019, 10:25:02 AM »

To: Your Imperial Majesty Beatrice Anselmo, Empress of Rokkenjima and Rishiri

I wish to extend an invitation you as a show of goodwill. The People of Josai and Rokkenjima have been on good terms since our nation’s inception 109 years ago. Our people travel in an out of each other’s nations on a regular basis. We would like this good intergovernmental and good people to people relations to remain. Thus I make a proposal to review and perhaps draft up and finalise any loose ends in any treaties that our nations signed many years ago under different governments.

It is within the spirit of maintaining our nations friendship that I offer to host Your Majesty at the Presidential Blue Manor in Josai. We will make all the arrangements. As for the agenda it will be mostly foreign relations, bi-lateral commercial agreements and reviewing any military arrangements that may be in play. We look forward to hosting you.

Yours Sincerely

Seiko Kumoya, President of The Republic of Josai

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: The Crane Flying over the Rising Sun
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 06:56:27 AM »

Honourable President,

I gracefully accept your invitation to visit the Republic of Joai. During the Republican Era which scarred Rokkenjima, an era which separated families and saw a state-sanctioned program of cultural genocide, it was with great fortune that Josai escaped the worst ramifications of that era, preserving itself from the terror and tyranny of the Federal Republic. To work with your predecessors, especially Hideki Umezawa, in upholding Josai's self-determination was an honour, and to work with you in reviewing these arrangements will be a welcome opportunity to set the course for the Rokkenjima-Josai relationship as we continue to move beyond that sordid era of history.

Should it be agreeable to yourself I would wish to have amongst my delegation a representative familiar with the Cross-Straits Union, so as to discuss with Josai further arrangements once our bilateral discussions have concluded. As an organization which is in a period of new growth and progress I feel that it is only appropriate to share with Josai the potential for yet further prosperity between our Peoples.

In friendship;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook

In her first voyage since the completion of maintenance at Rosa Shipyards the Imperial Yacht Austrana completed the relatively short voyage to Josai, where she docked in the berth which had been prepared and relayed prior to their arrival. Descending from the Austrana the Empress approached those welcoming first, followed by the remainder of her delegation.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 10:34:27 AM »

Preisdent Kumoya along with Secretary of State Keiko Uwi and Secretary of Commerce and Industry Gendo Shibata as well as  Defence Secretary Reisuke Furuta were waiting at the berth of which the Empress was docking. Along with 20 of the presidential personal guard all dressed on black. The refreshing mixture of sea salt blowing in the wind and and the overall hustle and bustle of the city can be heard far and wide as the city the never sleeps goes on with daily life. The press wern't present at the berth docks of Josai harbour but at the blue manor itself which will be given times to prepare and mingle amongst many media outlets from their respective media outlets. For now however both parties are meeting eachother quietly.

The officials talked amongst themselves for a bit. Secretary of State Keiko Uwi spoke “Why did she come via fairy?” The President replied “She’s an Empress of Rokkenjima, you know how they like to make grand entrances.” Gendo then chimed in “Couldn’t we just rent out a private terminal at Haneda Airport?” Secretary of Defence Reisuke Furuta responded “Yeah, but It’s actually cheaper for us this way.”

They then all walked up to the Empress President Seiko gave the well known signature bow “Welcome your Imperial Majesty to the Republic of Josai.”

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 11:11:07 AM »
"Thank you," Beatrice said with a bow in return, though not lower than the bow offered to her.

"It is a pleasure to once again be in Josai," she continued. "Not since the times we set forth the arrangements between Rokkenjima restored and the proud Josai Republic have I had this opportunity. I have long been a friend of an independent, vibrant and free Josai, even going against the inclinations of my Generals who sought a different path in those early days. I trust we shall do good things on this visit," she concluded with a smile.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 08:23:43 AM »
The President replied "Yes of course your majesty, we first have the intention of bringing you and your delegation back to the Blue Manor where we will proceed with our formal negotiations, then tomorrow we will make our way to the Ishijima Theatre to attend a traditional Kabuki play then attend a Sado Tea Ceremony a the Tyonso Shinto Temple across the road from Kyodon Park, the next day is the start of the Cherry Blossom Festival which means that we can have a meal at a private booth at the Chinhai Gardens which we can be witness to the fall of the blossoms, enjoy all kinds of food and Rice Wine, Soju and other beverages as well as make our way to the onsens if you so wish."Does that sound good to you your majesty?" She said with a soft spoken voice, one very maternal and grandmotherly. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 09:34:28 PM by Baal »

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 05:31:09 AM »
"That sounds splendid," Beatrice replied. "I look forward to beginning our discussions and taking part in some leisurely time, and am happy that we have this opportunity before us. I've some other ideas I should wish to present which shall be shared during our discussions."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2019, 10:36:54 PM »
President Kumoya replied “Of course” She then got a party of Secret Service Guards and were driven to the executive Blue Manor.

They arrived at the Manor and Seiko and her staff showed the Empress towards the meeting room.

The President spoke “Now your Imperial Majesty, the agenda for this meeting is to re-affirm Josai-Rokkenjiman relations and also to go over an review the treaty that your nation has signed and finalized with my predecessors, and to see whether or not we need to change anything. Also, staffers are here to ensure that our needs are met in terms of food and beverage, the standard coffee, tea, water, alcohol for later if you are so inclined> Now before we start Empress, is there anything you or your delegation wish to add?"

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2019, 08:34:53 AM »
"I'll have some mead, thank you," Beatrice replied.

"We've no need for modesty, as the Rokkenjima-Josai relationship is perhaps the most unique relationship which exists between any two states, perhaps even at any point in history. Typically we have seen states throughout history reacting to such a situation as a loss of territory yet, as I had to remind my subservients at several points, it was not Rokkenjima which Josai ceded from, but the perverted Federal Republic. Even so, that Josai wished to retain its autonomy following the Anselmo Restoration was a decision I felt must be respected, for the gaining of a friend is much more important than concerns such as territory."

"We must ensure that the foundations upon which our relationship was constructed remain sound and true so that the generations which follow ours remember the promises made, and uphold them to the fullest. I have instilled within Crown Princess Adriana the importance of our relationship and in maintaining the independent status of Josai; Rokkenjima is not a power which forces her will upon others, but one which upholds the international order which preserves a better and more fair future for all nations and peoples. That heritage shall not be abandoned, I assure you."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 09:37:55 PM »
Quote from: Chrysanthemum-Sakura Accord
Treaty of Friendship, Cooperation and Security Between The First Empire of Rokkenjima And The Republic of Josai
The Chrysanthemum-Sakura Accord

Rokkenjima and Josai;

Recognizing the unique relationship shared between the First Empire and the Republic along with a joint desire to formalize the bonds of peace and friendship existing between them,

Desiring further to encourage closer diplomatic, cultural and defensive cooperation between them and to promote conditions of tranquility and prosperity in their countries,

Reaffirming their dedication to a vibrant and sovereign Republic of Josai and their joint defense of that sovereignty,

Recognizing that they have the inherent right of individual or collective self defense,

Considering that they have a common concern in the maintenance of international peace and security upon the Ardian continent and abroad,

Having resolved to conclude a treaty of friendship, cooperation and security,

Therefore agree as follows:

ARTICLE I

The Parties undertake to settle any international disputes in which they may be involved by peaceful means in such a manner that international peace, security and justice are not endangered and to refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any manner inconsistent with international law and norms.

ARTICLE II

The Parties will contribute toward the further development of peaceful and friendly international relations by strengthening their free institutions, by bringing about a better understanding of the principles upon which these institutions are founded, and by promoting conditions of stability and well-being.

ARTICLE III

The Parties, individually and in cooperation with each other, by means of continuous and effective self-help and mutual aid will maintain and develop their capacities to resist armed attack.

ARTICLE IV

The Parties will consult together from time to time regarding the implementation of this Treaty and, at the request of either Party, whenever the security of the Parties should be threatened.

ARTICLE V

The First Empire recognizes that it has a unique responsibility in supporting the defensive positions of the Republic, recognizing any attack or effort to undermine the sovereignty of the Republic as dangerous to its own peace and security. As such, the First Empire declares that an attack upon the Republic of Josai shall be viewed in the same manner as an attack upon the First Empire of Rokkenjima demanding of an effort to ensure the defense of Josai's territorial integrity and the maintenance of Josai's sovereignty.

The First Empire and the Republic shall share military intelligence which is believed to be in the interests of the national security of each other. They shall further agree to consult upon matters of common security and interests.

The First Empire and the Republic shall host annual military exercises to build a spirit of inter-operability between their respective Armed Forces, ensuring that they may work efficiently together should the security of Josai be threatened. Furthermore, the Imperial Rokkenjiman Home Fleet (IRHF) shall, at the option of Josai, be joined by no more than five (5) vessels of the Republican Navy for joint security operations in the Rokkenjiman Sea.

The defensive arrangements between the First Empire and the Republic of Josai shall invalidate the necessity for foreign forces to establish military bases within the sovereign territory of Josai.

ARTICLE VI

For the purpose of contributing to the mutual security of Rokkenjima and Josai, and to enable the First Empire to conduct its duties under Article V of this Treaty, the First Empire shall be granted the use by its air and naval forces of facilities, ports and air fields within the Republic at the express invitation, and permission, of the Republic.

ARTICLE VII

This Treaty shall be ratified by the First Empire of Rokkenjima and the Republic of Josai in accordance with their respective constitutional processes and will enter into force on the date on which the instruments of ratification thereof have been exchanged by them in Pyrettania.

ARTICLE VIII

The Treaty shall create an annual Rokkenjima-Josai Cultural Festival, celebrating the cultures of Rokkenjima and Josai. The Chrysanthemum-Sakura Association will organize an annual festival to be held in each nation in turn annually.

In Rokkenjima the annual Pyrettania Cherry Blossom Festival will dedicate a portion of its festivities to joint Rokkenjiman-Josai culture. In Josai, their respective annual Cherry Blossom Festival will dedicate a portion of its festivities in a likewise manner. Both Festivals shall present the opportunity for friendship and understanding to strengthen between the Peoples.

The Treaty shall also also allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visa aiding in travel between the nations for purpose of trade, recreation and business.

ARTICLE IX

To promote joint economic prosperity between Rokkenjima and Josai there shall be no tariffs or import duties imposed upon goods and materials transported between the two nations.

The Treaty shall seek to ease cross-border educational opportunities, allowing Rokkenjiman and Josai students more expansive and diverse educational opportunities.

ARTICLE X

This Treaty shall remain in force until the opinion of the Governments of Rokkenjima and Josai it no longer serves the best interests of our nations.

However, after the Treaty has been in force for ten years, either Party may give notice to the other Party of its intention to terminate the Treaty, in which case the Treaty shall terminate one year after such notice has been given.

IN WHITNESS WHEREOF the undersigned Plenipotentiaries have signed this Treaty.

DONE at the City of Pyrettania, Azukishima Prefecture, Rokkenjima, in the Rokkenjiman, Josai, and English languages equally and authentic, this [date], 2013.

For the First Empire of Rokkenjima:

For the Republic of Josai:

Added for reference.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2020, 06:58:55 AM »
President Seiko read over the treaty carefully. "Well your Imperial Majesty, there isn't anything here that I disagree with. the agreement as made by yourself and my predecessor Hideki Umezawa remains solid. Should we discuss further amendments or reconfirm our commitment to the treaty in it's current form."