Author Topic: The Pharaoh and the Prince  (Read 2097 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
The Pharaoh and the Prince
« on: October 04, 2019, 11:34:25 AM »
Following her meeting with Abbas Beketaten found herself at her natural place, the side of Prince Naser. "So many answers," she sighed as they made their way to the flight back to Clysperis, "but so many questions at the same time. I mean, how do we announce this to our respective peoples? And where do we go from here? Your father agreed, he gave his blessings and, as a result, both of our worlds have changed."

"Also," she paused as she pulled back from the progression onto the plane, "before I agree to this, I need to make a request." She stepped back measure more, "Naser, if we are to wed, would you grant one humble request of mine, that you should wait one year to exercise your right to a second wife? I know I can't ask you to give up that right wholly but, it's my hope, I can prove to you that I am sufficient in that year that I may be of the force of a hundred wives to you, that your heart will be so ensnared it shall desire no other. However," she paused as she looked away, "should that not be the case after a year, how could I hate you if I have not satisfied every desire of your heart? I...all I ask is a year to prove myself, if I haven't done so that's on me and I wouldn't hold anything against you. Is that acceptable to you?"

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Re: The Pharaoh and the Prince
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 01:41:47 PM »
Naser was quiet for the most part of the trip to the plane. He had avoided making plans for what they would do should his father agree to the marriage as he didn’t want to be disappointed. So now that the barriers were lifted, he was both excited but also didn’t know exactly how what to do first. Beketaten’s questions made him realize that while they both knew of the news, the Tamoran and Clysperi people did not and making it public should be their first priority.

However, he didn’t have a chance ponder the question too much as Beketaten made her request. His right to have more than one wife wasn’t something they had not discussed previously or argued even. It was definitely a contentious issue for them.

Naser took her hand as he spoke:

“It is. I promise you this“  after a couple of moments of silence he resumed “Let us enjoy this moment. You have convinced my father to give us his blessing. Now it is up to us to shape our destiny.”

“Come” he said as he gently pulled her towards the plane.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 06:41:32 AM »
As Naser spoke and took her hand Beketaten felt secure in her future, "Your kingdom awaits you," she gently whispered as she followed.

Aside from their pilot Beketaten and Naser were joined by two of her most trusted security detail and one attendant who, shortly following the takeoff of their flight, served the four of them drinks and a light snack. "I can't wait to tell you what I've been discussing with my government and the Clergy, I've been busy planning since you left," she continued, although she was finding words more difficult to pass from her lips. "I'm sorry, where was I again?" she continued in increasingly difficult speech. She would ask if Naser and the others were alright, however, none of them would hear her as the veil of darkness descended across her eyes.

In what seemed like a few seconds she felt a shudder and heard Naser's voice. "What's happened...wait, this doesn't look right," she said as she looked out of the window. Looking to her side would reveal a more concerning scene: her guards, who had what looked to be vomit trailing from their mouths and noses, wholly irresponsive. "Are they dead..." she asked, "Attendant," she would then yell, "Inform the pilot that we've a terrible situation back here!"

No answer would come. "I've been trying to tell you," Naser interrupted, "There will be no answer. The pilot is silent, the attendant seemingly gone...."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 04:35:13 AM »
Jointly written between Markus (Tamora) and I.

“Are you okay?” Naser asked Beketaten and felt relieved when she confirmed so.

“We are on our own” Naser resumed. “I tried to contact the pilot there is no answer, he’s probably out too.”

“So what do we donow? We can’t just sit by…”

“I could try and land the plane but there is no way to get inside the cockpit, the door is bullet proof and without the codes I can’t get in.”

“I have the codes “ said Beketaten leaving Naser speechless.

“It is something my father thought me, to always be careful about my security and take extra precautions. “

Beketaten then got up still a little dizzy and proceeded to unlock the cockpit door by using the codes.

Inside the cockpit, the pilot was nowhere to be seen which confirmed the suspicions that he was also in on assassination attempt.

Naser proceeded to take the seat of the pilot and instructed Beketaten to take the other seat.

Naser had a private pilot license but he had no idea how to pilot such a plane. He tried his best to stabilize the plane while also trying to get a read on their position. However, despite his best efforts the plane continued its descent. Beketaten realized that things were not improving but decided to let Naser focus on the plane and instead began murmuring a prayer to Horus. She prayed for the both of them, she also promised the gods that should she make it, her vengeance on those who betrayed it will know no bonds. In the few minutes that Beketaten concentrated on praying something must have happened because the plane started to dive a lot faster.

“Naser” she screamed as the plane continued its descent. She didn’t hear Naser reply before she passed out.

When she woke up she was on the ground and she could hear Naser speaking:

“Beketaten, can you hear me?”

“Naser?” she reply still unsure if she was dreaming.

Naser hugged and then kissed Beketaten.

Soon afterwards, ambulances and fire trucks started arriving. Beketaten noticed they weren’t Clysperi:

“We are in Tamora?” she asked incredulous.

“Abuqiya” answered Naser.

"I wish...." she began to speak, finding her words through a fog of confusion, "I just wish I could show you what I saw, with whom I spoke," she continued, likely drawing him in to her confusion. "While I was taken from Mundus I spoke with the gods, they showed me that the forces aligned against me are a threat to justice and order, and that I had to do all that is within my power to stop them. They recognized that my power was limited though, that I needed assistance in bringing an end to the threat they pose, and they returned me to your side with the tools I need," she said with a smile.

"For now, you need to call your father to let him know that we are alright, but to keep that information guarded. As they attacked us from the shadows, so too shall we employ the shadows to catch them off their guard, that moment they will least expect us. We will also need the discretion of Abuqiya, they can't allow anyone to know of our survival just yet. When the moment comes, and I shall know when precisely, I will put the will of the gods into action, with you at my side."

"We need to rest for now," she said as her eyes grew heavy, "it's still so blurry when I look to the sky. I'll explain more after that, I promise."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 10:11:05 AM »
Beketaten watched as the news reels played, musing to Naser. "They got my birthday wrong," she chuckled.

"So you're actually older?" he asked playfully. "Be careful," Beketaten said playfully."

After reports that the coup had cracked down on a Mosque her tone changed. "Those bastards," she said solemnly, "using my demise as a ploy, Naser I can't wait," she said through tears.

"Then don't," he replied.

"I shan't," she said with a grin. "They believe me to be dead already, our medias have played their role. Now, we crush their hope," she said with a grin. "You kept those media savvy boys on, yes?" she asked, to which he nodded. "Good, call them in."

Within five minutes they had assembled with their equipment and, with a simple nod, Beketaten was on the waves.

"To my Clysperi People, to my Tamoran Beloved, to my detractors from afar, I am most decidedly back.

Earlier today, agents loyal only to themselves sought to silence my voice, to silence your voice, and I am proud to say, they have failed. When I ventured to the fields beyond our existence I was shown many things by the gods, but the most important was a threat from within. To my People I say, my Vizier is to be trusted, anyone speaking in his name without my sanction, is not. Stone them, and show no mercy should they persist."

"In my return the gods bestowed one, Prince Naser, with the quest of leading me back to our realm, they love him just as much as I do. During his service here to the Tamoran Empire I came to love him and, in our most dire hour, the Gods have recognized his importance to our Kingdom. I am pleased to say, for myself and the Kingdom, I am to be a bride to the man who saved my life: Prince Naser of Tamora, the blessed wisdom to our Kingdom, shall soon be our King. I am certain, in all aspects, that you shall be as enamored by him as I am, though if you are too enamored, we'll...." she soon chuckled, "I know our King has only eyes for me."

To my enemies, those who choose my pilot, my attendant, my servants, I shall come for you. I am no longer Beketaten, the gods saw me as equal to them, a god in my own right: I am Akasha, Given Life like Ra, the Eye of Ra itself and as you know, I cannot be destroyed by your tools. Your plot has been foiled, Ma'at preserved, and if you still have honour you shall surrender. If you don't I shall find you, one by one, and pick apart your meat from your bones as the days pass."

I have arisen annewed," she paused as she looked to the skies, "given the powers and equal standing of the gods to dispel your evil. The Kingdom of Clysperis, and the Empire of Tamora, declare our joint war against you. The gods, declare their judgement and decree against you, I amongst them."

To Tamora, I love you, and I recognize your faith as a Peer to the Congregation. Manist faith is just as valid as our native faith, which is why the gods sent a Safavid to my side to be our King, and why I shall proudly take the name Safavid as my *first* surname. Yes, Naser Safavid and I have declared our love to each other and, soon, we shall be wed and Clysperis shall have a King. Our joy, our feast, shall be eternal in welcoming our King for all ages!

I, Akasha, given life like Ra, declare a new dawn: one of Clysperi renewal. With you at my side, who could defeat us? With my Vizier in position to defend my honour, with my King at my side, we move into tomorrow. I declare today our independence and our war, against our remaining enemies here at home. Today we fight for who we are and, in the ensuing chaos, some will be lost but ultimately, we shall win."

Beatrice Anselmo