Author Topic: A common bond: Tamora and Zerchea  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
A common bond: Tamora and Zerchea
« on: October 11, 2019, 06:10:58 PM »

To my Esteemed Counterpart,

I would like to offer my congratulations in the name of the Empire of Tamora to your decision to emerge from isolation.

I personally remember how the nations of Mundus welcomed us when the Empire decided to come out of isolation: criticism, sanctions and at best indifference. We were fortunate however to have our neighbors, the Emirate of Royal Seleucid, with whom we always collaborated in an excellent manner. 

Since your great nation also has enshrined in its law the institution of slavery, I expect that many that were unfriendly to us then will also be unfriendly to you now.  I therefore propose that we meet and see if we can establish common ground on which to build a future partnership that will benefit both our nations.

I look forward to your reply.

Respectfully yours,
Alya Safavid
Head of Foreign Affairs 

Offline Zerchea

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Zerchea
Re: A common bond: Tamora and Zerchea
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 08:28:41 PM »

To my humble peer Alya Safavid,

High King Lysander was most delighted to hear of your correspondence and wanted to express his appreciation and gratitude. The opportunity to assemble and form a mutually beneficial partnership is highly warranted. Crowned recently after his father's untimely death, the thirty-three year old believes it time to bring Zerchea to the world stage. My cousin, our wise King, is domestically seen as quite progressive in regards to civil liberties and reforms, with that being said, he vehemently upholds and supports all Zerchean traditions in accordance with holy Zaeyri Law.

We cannot predict how each particular nationstate shall welcome us to the international community. Whichever way the wind blows, we'll remain firm and honorable in our resolve. United in common bond will only grant us strength. Therefore, Rex Praetor Lysander Eleutherios II invites Tamora to assemble at the royal palace in Kikonopolis to discuss terms of partnership. The Tamoran envoy shall be received warm and hospitably.

Sincerely,
Dux Faustus Eleutherios
Head Foreign Magistrate

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 09:58:48 PM »
Alya Safavid was on board the Tamoran plane that was flying the Tamoran delegation to Zerchea. She led the delegation that will soon have the first meeting between the two countries. Tamora rarely if ever was the first nation with whom a nation emerging from isolation would meet but Zerchea was an exception. The fact that  Zerchea had slavery under their law was something that Djerb saw as reason for the two nations to seek to cooperate so Djerb approached them.

However, Alya knew that dealing with Zerchea would not be easy. While the two nations shared the institution that many nations in Mundus condemned, outside of that the two nations were very different culturally. As Alya read the laws of Zerchea it was clear that culturally the two countries were miles apart. Tamora was a country where alcohol was shunned, strict modestly cloths were the norm, polygamy was legal and abortion was illegal. In fact Zerchea was perhaps the most liberal nation she visited so far.

Alya and her delegation was to focus on cooperation in the oil industry, inquire if Zerchea had a Manist (ooc: Tamora’s native religion) community and see if the Zerchean government would allow Tamora to send missionaries to their country.

As the Tamoran plane landed, Alya said a prayer as she usually did before meetings. When the plane landed and stopped, Alya dressed in black abaya dress and wearing her usual hijab, was the first the come down the stairs of the plane and greet the hosts.

She made a small bow with her right hand across her chest and then greeted the welcoming committee and presented herself.

Once the greetings were done, she let the host guide her delegation to the royal palace in Kikonopolis where she expected Head Foreign Magistrate or maybe even Rex Praetor Lysander Eleutherios II would meet them to discuss the future relations of the two countries. 

Offline Zerchea

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Zerchea
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 09:06:19 PM »
The royal palace was a huge, towering fortress of a building to say the least. It's unending rooms and different wings added on throughout its history, the gigantic building is said to be older than the Kingdom's founding in 850 CE. In the center of the building overlooking a garden filled courtyard, there was a parlor room decorated with paintings and portraits favored by the king such as that of Hercules' feats and myths of the Gods. His most treasured being of his childhood tutor and philosopher right next to his desk. With two high windows cracked and the Rex Praetor leaning back in his chair admiring the outside vegetation in the courtyard, he received the call the Head foreign delegate- the foreign emperor's wife- was here having just been greeted and led by with Head foreign magistrate Dux Kaeso, his trusted cousin. "Ita Vero" he spoke with the thick Zerchean Latin accent of his. Lysander was always seen as an enigmatic man by the public eye and preferred to remain so; being in front of press was something only done on rare occasion by the mysterious man.

Turning around in his cushioned swivel chair to his desk, the Rex slid open a box and brandished a hashish cigar, sticking it in his mouth and puffing. The herb soothed his pain mentally and physically, and fueled his creativity. After some pulls the young regent placed it in a built in ashtray and stood for a moment to adjust his white tunic, purple toga and laurel crown that felt heavy with responsibility. He also adjusted his gold pendant necklace holding the national meander keys symbol and the Amethyst ring on his ring-finger which symbolized his marriage to the Kingdom and State. This ceremonial dress he preferred over the suit and tie greatly. Returning to his smoke while now pacing the floors, he was anxious for the meeting to go well. Zerchea had long kept to itself internationally, and Lysander felt it long overdue to step out on the world stage. The young regent was hoping to accomplish much in establishing relations with Tamora. Specifically in terms of economic and religious cooperation and general exchange of ideas on both sides, he had pre-arranged topics assembled in his head and ready for however the conversation may sail.

The king took an deep exhale from the herb cigar and strolled over to the desk to stamp it out, slowly hearing commotion get louder from the end of the hall. Stepping over to two comfortable, embroidered chair overlooking the gardens at the window he stood with hands folded as the door was opened by Dux Kaeso and the Hijab-clad female strode in. After she approached and bowed, Rex Praetor Lysander shook her hand with both of his after she bowed. "It's a wonderful honor to have you and your envoy of Tamora here in Kikonopolis, First Lady Safavid. I feel most jovial to make your acquaintance fianally." Despite the stark difference culturally and politically, the High King found it his personal and moral duty to remain humble yet firm no matter any differences.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 07:34:15 PM »
Alya liked fact that the royal palace was huge and imposing. She always believed that a nation’s power can also be assessed by the greatness of the sovereign’s palace. She also appreciated the fact that it was old, more than old in fact, it was ancient. It made her think of the Royal palace of Clysperis (ooc: a nation north of Tamora), which also was ancient and which she sadly never had the chance to visit it.

As she entered the room where the king was waiting for her she could smell the cigar. “It would seem Zerchea has another thing in common with Tamora” she thought. While she personally didn’t smoke, many in Tamora did which was in contrast with many Mundus countries which had veritable crusades against smoking in their countries.

The couple of moments she pondered that left her with her guard down and Lysander managed to take her by surprise and shake her hand, something she had avoided doing since it was against the customs of her religion for men and women to touch unless they were married or very close relatives. She did her best to hide the fact that she was startled by this and said:

“Thank you for having me. Allow me to express the best wishes from the Emperor himself. I am also honored to meet Your Imperial Majesty in person” she added. 

“I would first like to congratulate Your Imperial Majesty for your decision to end the isolation and engage the rest of Mundus. It is not an easy thing to do and facing the rest of Mundus can at times be a blessing and a curse at the same time but I believe in the end the advantages outweigh the cons. 

Secondly, I believe that Zerchea is a very important addition to the world stage. And not just because of its exceptional geographic position but also because of its preservation of its traditions and unique way of life. Tamora strongly believes that those are not part of the…“ a few moments passed as she tried to find the right word “mainstream cultural norms need to be encouraged and supported to express their perspective on the world stage. “

“But perhaps more important than that, we want to open avenues for cooperation between Zerchea and Tamora in particular and the Midaranye region in general. “

Alya stopped and gave the Emperor a chance to reply. She was under the impression that Lysander was generally less of a formal person but Alya, like most Tamorans, was not. So she remained formal in both her speech and gestures.