Author Topic: Elections in the Slavic Federation (semi open, ask before posting)  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Pramoria

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Pramoria
Slavic Federation News Service

Today the election campaign has officially started with parties and candidates now being able to campaign freely for the 300 seats of the Parliament as well as the office of President of the Federal Republic. For the first time the party leading the polls is the Monarchist Party, with the Conservative Coalition trailing behind just 2 points. For the office of president Mr. Karim Najafi of the Monarchist Party is favored with the current president Mr.  Rustam Marikanov of the Conservative Coalition polling behind just 2 points. The Monarchist Party has seen a steady increase in support as immigration in the Republic has increased in the last decades.
These elections could be the most important ones for the Federal Republic as both Mr. Karim Najafi and the Monarchist Party have pledged to end the republican system of government should they get elected and turn the Slavic Federation into a monarchy like many of the countries in Midaranye. Other issues are expected to also play major role in the campaign like: the high unemployment now at over 15%, immigration, the status of the 2 million undocumented immigrants currently living in the Federal Republic, crime and the reforming the justice system, racial and religious tensions, the role of religion in the public space, the current recession, the high public debt which is now over 100% of GDP and foreign relations, especially the relations the Federal Republic has with the countries of Midaranye.     

(Joint post with Tamora)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
OOC explanation
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 06:26:39 PM »
OOC: Some quick info about what this thread is and how you can participate.
The thread is meant to show how the campaign in the Slavic federation goes and present more of the favorite candidate of the polls. It is also meant to show a bit of how divided the country is. It will feature campaign speeches, some confidential exchanges between power brokers etc.
Players can take part by RPing a party candidate, asking question (as the international press), issuing press statements in reply to the campaign speeches etc.
Also, fyi: the RP has a predetermined ending.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Elections in the Slavic Federation (semi open, ask before posting)
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 06:18:52 AM »

Karim Najafi, the president of the Monarchist party and candidate for the office of President of the Republic was about to start his first campaign speech. He rehearsed it several times so he was confident. He was to give his speech in Parthian without uttering a since word in Slavic, a clear sign of the ethnic divide of the country:

“Brothers and sisters, today is a beautiful day.  It is the day that marks the beginning of a dream our parents and grandparents had when they arrived here: to live a decent life according to their traditions and beliefs. Our parents left their home countries in search of a better standard of living. The Slavic Federation took in our parents and grandparents, they offered them the chance for a better living and that must never be forgotten. But from the first moment they arrived here the Republic assumed that just because they came from a poorer country that somehow gave them the right to try to change our ways, assuming theirs were superior. They said that as guests they had to assimilate, to act like all Slavs do. But our parents though respectful to the Republic always remained true to their ways. Despite the secular indoctrination received in schools, our parents and imams were careful to teach us the right ways. Our parents and grandparents were told that as immigrants they are guests and thus they shouldn’t rock the boat. We however, are born here. We are just as much citizens as those speak Slavic as a native language. And now we want a government that represents us: our language, our ways, and our religion. 

After I get elected and become the first ethnic Parthian to become President of the Republic, I will call for a referendum and ask the people if they agree with changing the system of government to that of a monarchy. The current system of government is broken, it cannot be fix and having a monarch rather than a president is the first step towards fixing this country.

My critics say that you should fear my presidency, that I sow division. I say that only  criminals have to fear because my government will stop the current policy of protecting criminals and even rewarding them with money against ordinary citizens. I say the current government and the ones that preceded it are the ones that sow division by pursuing a foreign policy which sought do distance itself from the countries MidAranye. I will heal that division by looking to establish strong ties with our neighbors and the countries of the region first and then look to other places. 

Brothers and sisters, we have waited years for this opportunity and now finally we have it. We need to stand together, get involved and vote, and we will win this election.

Thank you.”

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 06:34:05 AM »
Classified

TO: Head of Primoria’s Intelligence Service

We respectfully ask you to provide us with the following information from the SBN bank database for the persons in the attached list:

-   Statements for all transitions made on their accounts.
-   Statements for all transitions of the companies where they are shareholders.
-   Names and copies of the identification papers of all persons that are authorized to make transitions on their accounts.
-   Information regarding the loans they have as well as information about the collateral they provided.
-   Cards transactions made since issuing their cards.

Thank you in advance for your support.
Head of Tamoran Imperial Secret Service

Offline Pramoria

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 05:07:20 PM »
_The Head of Pramorian Intelligence Service, Mr Jaffar Mozafari was talking with his Right Hand when he received the email from the Head of Tamoran Imperial Secret Service .
"What a prick! Does he think he can get away without following the procedure? These Tamorans. They don't feel good with themselves if they don't try to trick you with something.  "

Classified

TO: Head of Tamoran Imperial Secret Service

The information was extracted from the SBN bank and is now encrypted in a different file ready to be sent to you.
Our protocol needs first your support in signing the Agreement  that describes the condition of confidentiality and other aspects for the procedures in this case that are to be followed as we discussed . I'm sure you recall them, since we both presented them to both royal Highnesses .

Head of Pramorian Intelligence Service

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 08:13:05 PM »
Classified

TO: Head of Pramoria’s Intelligence Service

Please find attached the signed agreement.
Now please send us the requested data as soon as possible.

Head of Tamoran Imperial Secret Service

Offline Pramoria

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 09:03:37 PM »
Classified

TO: Head of Tamoran Imperial Secret Service

We are sending you attached the information  extracted from the SBN bank .

May the spirit of Holy Alya be with you !

Head of Pramorian Intelligence Service

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 07:51:09 PM »
Campaign Office of the Monarchist Party, Tula, Slavic Federation

Karim Najafi, the candinete for the office of President of the Republic was having a meeting:

-How are we doing?
-We are maintaining our lead over the Conservative Coalition. We have a two point lead and it seems to be holding.

-How can this be? We should be doing better than this. We even had the Clergy of Clysperis mobilize the electorate. Our temples are also very active across the country.
-As is the online support from Djerb and Damarga but the Conservative Coalition is doing a better job than ever. They have exploited our campaign extremely well and are mobilizing people by telling them that the end of the world will come if we win.

-Do they have foreign support? Slava, Rokkenjima, the Helusians?
-Not that we know of.

-Okay, what do else do I need to know.
-We have arranged a series of town hall events where you will be speaking with regular citizens. We are absolutely sure their people will sneak in and ask you questions. Whatever you say, do not let it be interpreted that you are supporting the introduction of slavery. It’s best if you don’t even talk at length about it and just dismiss any question about it as absurd. We don’t want to have your name and slavery associated in the press. Also, push hard on the rule of law and fighting crime. Those are the issues where potential votes think you are honest and capable. There is also the issue of foreign policy. With so many events taking place in MidAranye we can no longer avoid the topic and you will have to address the current events.

The meeting dragged on for hours with further advice being offered by the staff.

Karim Najafi on his campaign trail giving a speech in front of university students:

“After I become President, the Slavic Federation will no longer be isolated from MidAranye. We are missing so much because we look to other shores when our future is right here in this region. Tamora has announced a security umbrella for the whole region and we risk to not benefiting from it with our current foreign policy. Royal Seleucid and Clysperis are launching more economic initiatives and trade zones and we miss those opportunities. We are surrounded by nations rich in oil whose investments we need and could help our struggling economy but we do engage with them. But perhaps more importantly we are silent during a great crisis that is affecting MidAranye. Of the MidAranye nations that have access to the sea of Kyne there are only two nations that have not sent ships to the joint naval taskforce: Slava Lavosk and us. We are now in the same boat with a nation that is threatening its neighbors and the whole Mundus with nuclear weapons. I will introduce a motion to Parliament to mandate that the government send ships in support of our neighbors. While I have little hope it will pass I want it be a signal to our friends and neighbors that not all support the policy of the current government to bury its head in sand. 

A vote for me is a vote for a sane and respectful approach to MidAranye: we will encourage trade and investment, cultural exchanges and cross border projects.  We will prosper alongside our region: united we are strong, divided we are weak. “