Author Topic: The Rokkenjima Sea Cooperative Union (RSCU) Invites  (Read 3712 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
The Rokkenjima Sea Cooperative Union (RSCU) Invites
« on: May 30, 2019, 07:10:53 AM »

An Invitation To Discuss The Rokkenjima Sea Cooperative Union

The Rokkenjima Sea has long stood as a stronghold of self-determination, progress, and economic opportunity; a concentration of engines of economic growth and prosperity in Ardia and beyond, however, it has not developed the ties nor cooperation as we've seen in the Illumic. It is my firm belief that expanded cooperation in our region shall serve the mutual benefit of our nations, harnessing our cooperative energies while better positioning the Rokkenjima Sea as a key economic hub well into the future. Toward these ends I propose the formation of the Rokkenjima Sea Cooperative Union (RSCU) to further  economic, research, diplomatic, and military cooperation in our region, providing for our Sea the tranquility necessary to preserve its prosperity.

Beyond the immediate Rokkenjima Sea we see a region which does not directly border the Rokkenjima Sea yet benefits from trade and transit with Rokkenjima Sea nations. This 'Greater Rokkenjima Sea' region includes partners such as Josai, Euirasia and the Kingdom of Tytor who should be welcomed to take part in the RSCU in some capacity, such as inclusion in a Rokkenjima Sea free trade area. Together, the nations of our region represent a significant amount of trade and financial activity which can only increase with our collective efforts.

It is for these reasons I have dispatched invitations to Orphela, Gowu, Josai and Tytor to a conference to be held in Pyrettania which shall establish the foundation of the RSCU. I sincerely hope that we may discuss with our neighbours our mutual expectations regarding this organization, as well as incorporating the full spectrum of our interests into the RSCU. The Kingdom of Tytor, while not sharing a direct shore with the Rokkenjima Sea, have proven to be a firm partner in the security and tranquility of our region, thus their invitation at this early stage. This conference shall be scheduled to take place in the coming week.

In friendship always;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Persephone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Griss Confederacy
Re: The Rokkenjima Sea Cooperative Union (RSCU) Invites
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 08:24:48 AM »

It is with great pleasure that I write this reply. Already, individually we enjoy relatively strong economies. But a coordinated effort and increased cooperation in this region could be a massive boon for us all. This proposed RSCU could be the beginning of a prosperous and bright partnership and could lead to a better life for future generations. We all stand to benefit greatly. As such, I will gladly personally attend the conference at Pyrettania.

With Warmest Regards,
Governess Niru, Matriarch of the Omega Bloodline

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 09:20:29 AM »

A Private Reply To Governess Niru, Matriarch of the Omega Bloodline

To receive such a receptive reply has been a most pleasant surprise. Indeed, I had wished to reach out personally about concerns you had raised regarding the Rokkenjima Sea, and I believe that this proposal for the RSCU is an action which shows where Rokkenjima intends to focus her energy. Prior to the period of aggression unleashed by Toshindai our region of Ardia had regained its stability, creating centres of economic prosperity with few rivals throughout Mundus. Hopefully, in a new spirit of cooperation, we may see a Rokkenjima Sea which remains calm and tranquil for those who rely upon her, guiding trade, tourism and opportunity for all while steering us clear of the currents of conflict and adversity.

I shall look forward to welcoming you to Pyrettania and forging a union which cements a spirit of cooperation in the Rokkenjima Sea to stand for generations. Whereas some would see cause for competition between our respective economies Rokkenjima has always striven to hold cordial relations with her neighbours, especially those with which we share a border. Should it please you I would certainly wish to discuss matters of a more bi-lateral nature during your time in Rokkenjima. I am certain opportunities will present themselves and shall look forward to taking advantage of them.

Until we shall meet;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Baal System
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 09:57:02 AM »

To: Beatrice Anselmo, Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

It is with great honor that the Republic of Josai is invited to such a proposal. Josai will send a delegation to ascertain the means and benefits of such an agreement to join such an entity. While Josai is a small country in relative to the surrounding nations. Josai will have a lot to offer as well as the surrounding nations will have to offer the republic.

To that end a delegation of the President of the Republic of Josai, Secretary of State and Secretary of Commerce and Industry will be sent as representatives, and hopefully foster existing fuitful relations between our peoples.

Yours Faithfully

Seiko Kumoya, President of the Republic of Josai

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
  • All the world's a stage...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tytor
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 12:24:19 AM »
Statement from the Kingdom of Tytor
In Regards to the RSCU Proposal

It is with great pleasure that I take this opportunity to accept the First Empire's gracious invitation to attend talks in Pyrettania.  Though Tytor has not historically had many dealings with the nations of the Rokkenjima Sea, aside from Rokkenjima itself, we look forward to experiencing a mutually beneficial dialogue in this conference.  Barring unforeseen circumstances that might call me away, I intend to lead the Tytorian delegation to the conference myself.  It is the hope of the Tytorian government that these talks will prove successful.

-Prime Minister Madeline Thatcher
His Majesty Michael the First, by the Grace of God, King of Tytor and her Colonies, and Lord Protector of Floodwater

Factbook -- News -- Press Office

Former Governor-General of The Infinite Alliance
Former Ambassador to Albion and the Global Right Alliance
Former Vice Premier and Speaker of the Senate of the Independent Order
Professional Procrastinator

Non-partisan and proud of it

"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire

Offline Persephone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Griss Confederacy
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 01:59:45 PM »

A Private Reply To Empress Beatrice

I apologize if my comments were cause for alarm, my concerns are more on the principles rather than than actual reality. I have little reason that Rokkenjima and Orphela have cause for hostiles, but I also don't think that isn't reason that the Imperium can just lay down on its belly for anyone to pounce on. It is actually very enduring to hear that you thought of reaching out. No doubt that shows much about your character. It too is my hope that together we will be able to restore our region to the center of economics it once was. Also given the proximity of our nations, and lack of a formal relationship, I would very much be agreeable to discussing more individual matters relating to our states.

Signed
Governess Niru, Matriarch of the Omega Bloodline

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 08:35:41 PM »

The City of Gowu is one of the oldest cities on the Ardian Peninsula and the coast of the Rokkenjiman Sea, over the centuries we have seen many nations rise and of course many nations fall, we've stood our ground when we've had to and for a century sheltered the Imperial family of Rokkenjima. It is of course surprising that at some point in all of that history we've never seen a level of cooperation across the Rokkenjiman sea such as what we see proposed. I will attend the talks and I'm sure that our Rokkenjiman friends are aware of the requirements I need to fulfil given what the proposed topic discussions are.

Signed

Xiaoling Tsu
Chief Councillor of Gowu

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2019, 08:09:27 AM »

Re: An Invitation To Discuss The Rokkenjima Sea Cooperative Union

Having received various responses already I invite those attending to depart for Pyrettania and arrive no later than the 5th of June. From there we shall begin to lay a mutual framework for the RSCU, with a Treaty acceptable to all parties being produced by the end of this summit. I look forward to our mutual success in bringing forth a level of organisation and cooperation which has thus far not developed in our region.

In friendship;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook

A Private Reply to the Governess:

There is nothing I feel you must apologize for, these things happen from time to time and it is only through communication that we avoid those scenarios our advisers present to us under the heading 'worst case'. That we'll have representatives from across the Rokkenjima Sea region sitting around one table allows all of us to set aside the notions of competition which hamper economic liberty and produce a Rokkenjima Sea which is, for lack of a better term, open for business. Be it developing joint infrastructure to removing barriers to more open trade, the benefits are most certain to outweigh those any could hope to gain in hindering their neighbours.

Until we shall meet;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 03:04:30 PM »

Commonwealth of Euirasia

The Commonwealth of Euirasia looks favourably upon the proposals for the Rokkenjima Sea Cooperative Union . It is our belief that further economic integration of our local region could lead to the formation of a significant economic bloc, transforming our region.

We request to be kept informed of further developments and would happily attend any potential conference to work out practicalities.

Yours Sincerely

Thomas Evans
Finance Minister

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2019, 05:27:13 AM »

Beatrice stood ready to greet her guests, musing as to who would arrive first. With summer still young in the hills of Pyrettania the Empress enjoyed the warmth of the sun, receiving updates as to the travel plans of her guests as they transited Rokkenjiman airspace. As the first vehicle rolled up the drive to the Castle Beatrice extended a welcoming hand. "Welcome to Pyrettania," she said, "And how were your travels?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
  • All the world's a stage...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tytor
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2019, 08:26:57 AM »
"They were quite lovely, thank you, Your Majesty," Prime Minister Thatcher replied as she straightened up.  She took the proffered hand and allowed herself a smile, which was something for which she'd had precious seldom opportunity in recent weeks.  "As is, I suppose, usual for Rokkenjima, the drive was spectacular," she continued, "I very much look forward to seeing the results of our conference.  It's wonderful to see some good coming amid all the confusion of today's world."
His Majesty Michael the First, by the Grace of God, King of Tytor and her Colonies, and Lord Protector of Floodwater

Factbook -- News -- Press Office

Former Governor-General of The Infinite Alliance
Former Ambassador to Albion and the Global Right Alliance
Former Vice Premier and Speaker of the Senate of the Independent Order
Professional Procrastinator

Non-partisan and proud of it

"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2019, 10:46:36 PM »
The trip from Gowu to Rokkenjima was never anything other than short, take off from Gowu land at Antares and then drive up to Pyrena, when the car arrived the Chief Councillor of Gowu Xiaoling Tsu got out of the vehicle and let out a deep breath, in all honesty the RSCU seemed like a good proposal however the use of the words 'military cooperation' had required the presence someone from the far north given how such things work in terms of Gowu, in this case the person dispatched knew Pyrena very well this was of course Nettie Taylor, the former Premier of Rokkenjima, the former Imperial Councillor for Foreign Affairs, now happily employed as Emperor Peter's foreign affairs advisor. The pair weren't strangers to the corridors of Pyrena by any means but they both hoped that this would be something good.

"Are you all right?" Xiaoling asked looking at Nettie
"Absolutely fine." Nettie said "This could get interesting."
"It probably will you know." Xiaoling said "Does Emerson still owe you a coffee?"
"He owes me more than that." Nettie said as the pair made their way towards the door.

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Baal System
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 01:27:27 AM »
President Seiko Kumoya and Secretary of State Keiko Uwi made their way to Pyrettania Palace. They both talked amongst themselves. “So, what do you think Madame President?” Seiko replied “RSCU, probably a reaction to counter the whole SANE business.” Keiko replied “I suggest not mentioning that at all Seiko.”

Seiko chuckled at that remark. “I know…the S word will not be uttered, at least by me. Anyway lets just see what the RSCU has to offer.”

Keiko smiled and replied “If there is a chance I would like to express our neutrality on the international stage. I would like to keep Josai’s position as a broker nation in tact.”

The President responded “Yes my doctrine, you think they will be pushing for fall exclusive member status?”

Keiko answered “Probably, I will se what I can do about negotiating associate member or observer status.”

The President sighed and both made their way towards their counterparts.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 05:14:06 AM »
"Most wonderful," Beatrice replied as she shared Thatcher's smile. "I am quite hopeful for the Conference, and believe that the time is right for an organisation such as the RSCU to take form. There is a great deal of opportunity in this region that is not fully utilized, thus doing so should serve each of our nations well into the future. As for the rest of Mundus, it's a shame what has transpired since the hopeful days of not that many years ago. Truly unfortunate that taking issues with allies and scoring cheap political points seems to outweigh doing the right thing, but I digress; today is not such a day to focus on the ills of Mundus, but to see one good thing come into shape."

Greeting the Gowu delegation was a special treat itself. Beatrice greeted them all with respect and warmth, however, it was not all that common to see Nettie these days. "Always wonderful to see you, and I've a special request that I have been instructed to relay prior to your departure. Please do remain following the conference."

As for Josai, it was always interesting; the city which escaped the horrors of the Republican era and entered into a new relationship with the First Empire upon the close of said era. "Welcome," she said with a bow, "So glad you could join us today. I trust things are well in Josai, yes? I shall have to visit someday, as it's been since before the Republican era that a Rokkenjiman monarch set foot within Josai, although at that time it was a part of Rokkenjima, so it'll be that much more special this time around."

"Pending any further arrivals we shall begin," Beatrice said as they filed into the Matriarch's Hall. Individual tables had been set up for the delegations, with Beatrice arising from her table to address the delegations from the centre of the hall.

"The Rokkenjima Sea sees an assembly of different cultures and nations, including those who join us from the surrounding regions," she said, nodding toward Thatcher. "Together, I feel that we may set forth an institution which allows the Rokkenjima Sea region to fully realize its economic potential, ensuring a path for prosperity and economic growth which is not centred around one or two nations, but is spread throughout our region as a whole. With that being said I first leave the floor open to you, to see what your visions and expectations of an RSCU are; as my guests it is only polite to allow you this first opportunity."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2019, 08:06:38 AM »
"Apologies for my late arrival, but please don't let it interrupt the session." Prime Minister Bottova said as she hurried to her seat. Now that Krimeon showed interest in participating in a common railroad system between the two Empires, the RSCU presented itself as an additional ice breaker to further soften the relations. "It'll be interesting to see where these talks will take all of us today, but I'm sure only good forces can come out of it...an organisation where all nations part of it has an equal voice." she said.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2019, 06:29:28 AM »
Beatrice smiled as Jason Cole ushered in a late arrival from Novincia[1] who, while not originally invited to the RSCU Summit, was a natural extension to the proposed organization.

"With Novincia joining us and an ample amount of time granted following the Prime Minister's statement for others to comment, I feel we should press on," the Empress said as she reviewed her notes. "Today marks what I hope shall prove to be the first day of a community of nations united in vision, purpose and mutual prosperity. The Rokkenjima Sea boasts access to several economies, possess a number of valuable fishing stocks, and serves as the host to several diverse and powerful economies; including the second largest economy. Through easing economic barriers between our nations, pursuing policies which utilize the strengths of our respective nations and peoples, and providing resources for domestic and foreign businesses to conduct business in an efficient manner we may see the Rokkenjima Sea positioned as the engine of economic growth and prosperity throughout Ardia that it has been in past times."

"Unlike the Cross-Straits Union our nations are not spread out across Mundus, they are centralized around the sea all of us rely upon for some manner of our economic affairs. The Common Sea Market will transform the economic affairs of the Rokkenjima Sea region, enabling companies from across our borders to operate swiftly and efficiently just as if they were operating from their home soil. Free trade zones, modeled after the Ashinxao Free Trade Zone, will make our ports and facilities the gateways into Ardia, offering benefits which will create an environment for business to thrive."

"The Rokkenjima Sea Research Initiative (RSRI) will foster closer cooperation in the fields of scientific research, opening not only Rokkenjiman space exploration programs to prime access by other members of the Union but seeing our unique strengths and fields of expertise employed to support the growth of our economies and foster a spirit of friendship between our Peoples. Meanwhile, a Union Roundtable will provide a diplomatic forum to ensure the peaceful resolution of any disputes which may arise between members of the Union, allowing for differences to arise in a manner which strengthens our bonds instead of weakening them."

"I leave the floor open for discussion, and consideration, of the vision I have put forth."
 1. Agreed upon before writing this post

Beatrice Anselmo