Author Topic: An Invitation to Dragovah  (Read 2452 times)

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
An Invitation to Dragovah
« on: November 10, 2019, 02:11:02 AM »

A Message to Dragovah

Imperator Magnus Aurelius,

I was pleased to see that Dragovah recently ended its long isolation and stepped onto the international stage, as a fellow northern sea nation there are things we should of course discuss in the cause of establishing a strong and lasting relationship between our nations and potentially even more than that. However as I'm sure you're aware one particular matter in our region of Mundus is more likely to dominate the agenda, I speak of course of the Clysperis situation. As such I invite you to Achkaerin to discuss both the immediate pressing matter and to establish diplomatic relations between our two peoples.

Cordially

Emperor Peter Azurewind

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Revana
Re: An Invitation to Dragovah
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 06:46:25 PM »
Emperor Peter Azurewind,

The people of my nation have long been intrigued by our great neighbors to the north. We look forward to meeting and making a friendship with your nation. I am also aware of the situation occurring to the East and the danger it could pose and gladly take up your invitation to discuss this matter and the matter of our future relationship. I will be in your nation for the Memorial Day celebrations for a week to see the sights and see this as the perfect time to get together for these talks.

V/r,
Imperator Magnus Aurelius

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 08:41:07 PM »
OOC - setting this following the meeting in the Pharaoh Seeks Out the Flames of the North.

Following the conclusion of the meeting between the various nations involved in the Clysperis situation Princess Cerys Azurewind took the Dragovah delegation into the library, the Clysperis situation might have been the main reason behind her Uncle inviting the Dragovan's to Valtheim but it wasn't the only reason and now that the main issue had been successfully handled it was time for other things to be discussed. Joining Cerys was Sakura Sheppard as Achkaerinese diplomatic figures came there weren't many more experienced than Sakura.

"Imperator allow me to introduce Princess Cerys." Sakura said "The Emperor will hopefully be here soon, as I'm sure you can imagine he has now got a lot of things he needs to get through. But you were invited here for two things, one we've just dealt with, the other that of establishing relations we can begin now if you wish."

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 10:00:06 PM »
The two members of the Dragovan delegation made their introductions to Cerys, Julianos hesitating a bit as he looked at her and introduced himself, before turning to Sakura.

"That was my main concern coming to your lovely nation, my Dragovah is ready to end it's isolation and will be proud to announce Achkaerin as our first international friend." Magnus said, setting his folder containing important Dragovan documents down on a table next to him.

"There is much our nations can offer each other, relations could only benefit us." Julianos said.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 08:42:30 PM »
"Let me explain what it is that we're looking for." Cerys said her eyes finally moving to Magnus, while Sakura mentally rolled hers, "The Emperor has for many years desired to see a strong, collaborative and above all responsible community of nations in the Northern Ocean region, we've made progress on this of late with treaties signed between Achkaerin and Vaguzia and more recently one with Seaforth. What the Emperor hopes is that Dragovah shares maybe not the exact vision but the principles and that together we might lay the first foundations on which that community can be built."

"We have as you might imagine some suggestions of our own in mind as to how we might begin to do this and what it may entail but we're keen to hear what you have to say on the principle of our aspiration." Sakura said

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 08:57:11 PM »
Magnus eyed Julianos for a moment before turning to the ladies and nodding with a smile. This was going to be even more productive then he expected.

"I see, this is quite a great goal. What I desire above all else is to see my nation enter the world stage while staying protected, knowing the Northern Ocean is taken care of by nations I can trust only serves to further this" He said, pulling out a map of the Dragovan coast and some navy documents. "The main thing Dragovah would be able to provide is Naval support but I am quite interested to hear your plans and suggestions."

"I'm sure our Air Force would be able to assist as well, patrolling coasts maybe." Julianos said, talking to both women but really only looking at Cerys.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 09:11:32 PM »
"What we intend in broad terms." Sakura said "Is to see the nations of the northern ocean working together in many different fields ensuring a friendly and above all safe environment. Security is of course part of that but only a small part, we have no intention of this becoming about military prowess or getting into whatever it is that is apparently considered diplomacy in other parts of the world, a secure northern ocean is about more than naval patrols it relies on cooperation across diplomatic, scientific and intelligence fields as well the military.

In terms of implementation what we plan to do is simple enough, today we'd like to negotiate a bi-lateral treaty between Achkaerin and Dragovah if successful it will along with the two treaties we mentioned form a decent basis on which we can base something bigger. We would then seek to invite the nations of the northern ocean community to a summit to discuss the detail of the idea."

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2020, 09:24:52 PM »
The Imperator eyed his papers for a moment before looking up to speak, Julianos beating him to it.

"I have always been interested in the idea of sea based wind farms. Would this be something that falls under this cooperation?" Julianos asked with genuine interest, actually looking at Sakura for once.

"This is not a bad idea and definitely one that would help multiple nations, I am also interested in this Bi-lateral treaty, let me hear the terms you have in mind, perhaps we can come to an agreement." Magnus said.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 10:01:58 PM »
"I'm sure that your interest in green energy would be well within the scope of that cooperation." Sakura said "As for the bi-lateral treaty, to coin a phrase here's one we prepared earlier, I genuinely believe us and the Morelander's keep these things on file." she placed a draft treaty in front of Magnus.

Treaty of Friendship Between the Holy Empire of Achkaerin and the Empire of Dragovah

Section I - Diplomacy

(1) The parties agree to maintain active embassies with each other. If summoned an ambassador shall present themselves to the host government within twenty four hours of the summons.

(2) The parties agree to visa free travel so far as the following conditions are met

a) The traveller has a pre-booked return ticket
b) The traveller does not stay more than 60 days
c) The traveller has no prior criminal convictions
d) The traveller is not deemed a threat to national security

(3) The parties agree to extradite criminal suspects if they are presented with reasonable evidence and are assured that torture (as per article 4 of the MCUR) will not be used to extract evidence and that the accused will get a fair trial (article 7 MCUR). The parties shall not be obliged to extradite to the death penalty.

(4) The Parties agree to settle any dispute arising between themselves through diplomatic channels and failing that through third party arbitration.

Section II - Trade

(5) The parties pledge to trade fairly with each other and to respect the lawful commerce of each party. To that end, each party agrees to the removal of tariffs, to be phased out over the period of one year.

Section III - Security

(6) The parties agree to share military intelligence that is believed to be in the interest of the safety and security of the other, so long as doing so does not compromise the safety or security of themselves.

(7) The Parties agree to coordinate patrols of the Great Northern Ocean to ensure the security of those waters.

Section IV - Science and Culture

(8) The Parties shall work to establish a twinning program between schools of their respective nations and encourage interaction between twinned schools.

"This is an initial draft and we're open to any suggestions you may have." Sakura said

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 01:07:16 AM »
Magnus read over the treaty, after which Julianos looked it over, they both talked amongst themselves for a few moments before turning back to the ladies.

"Well, as boring as this will seem, we have no changes we'd like to make. Of course there's other things we'd like in the long run but this is a perfect starting point." Magnus said, as he read it over one last time.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2020, 11:11:04 PM »
"I see my niece is doing me out of a job." Peter said stepping into the room, he gave Sakura a smile she'd always been sharp but she was rapidly cementing her position as a reputable diplomat, it was also encouraging for the Emperor because he'd always believed that it was important for the family to understand the responsibility they had "Cerys perhaps you'd take the Prince here on a tour of the Palace? I'm sure he'd appreciate it."

"Of course." Cerys said
"Do I have Hannah call the press?" Sakura asked
"Put it in motion." Peter said before turning to Magnus "I may have missed the negotiating but can I tempt you with a drink to mark the occasion?"

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 11:59:39 AM »
Magnus motioned at his son with a smile, knowing he wouldn't complain. Julianos stood giving his father a smile and a slight bow before following Cerys out of the room. Magnus pointed at them as they left, looking to Peter.

"That's playing with fire, Emperor." He said with a chuckle then nodding. "Yes a drink sounds nice, it has been a very productive day."

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2020, 11:37:13 PM »
"Cerys can handle it." Peter said he took a bottle of whiskey and two glasses from the cupboard and put them on the table, he hadn't expected Sakura to get it done this quickly and now here he was once again reminding himself not to underestimate his niece "So what shall we toast to?"

Cerys was leading Julianos to the gallery wing of the palace, which meant going through the living area a part of the palace that was used on a day to day basis so it was safe to say it didn't look completely orderly it was after all still a home. They made their way into the gallery and Cerys smiled

"This is the personal collection of the Crown, there are works from artists across Mundus here. It's been built up over centuries and the Emperor likes to share it out with the various museums across Achkaerin and through the CETO with Mundus. I prefer music to art but I do like to come in here sometimes and just lose myself in the wonder of it all."