Author Topic: The Iron Lady And The Resolute Empress  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
The Iron Lady And The Resolute Empress
« on: December 23, 2019, 06:08:58 AM »

A Personal Message To Prime Minister Thatcher
This message meets the highest of encryption standards and is intended for your eyes only.

My dearest of friends,

It has not gone unnoticed in Pyrettania that the government of Nya Åland appears to be using security as a guise in response to the erection of your Nativity display upon the grounds of the Tytorian Embassy in Krokom. For years there has been concern within my Government regarding the religious situation within Nya Åland, the shadows which those of faiths other than the state-prescribed religion of Odinism are forced to live within, as well as the legal repercussions which non-Odinists face within Nya Åland. Usually when such measures are put into place upon minority populations we see disapproval, outcry, and the action of the international community in the interests of those marginalized. However, with Nya Åland, we have largely seen silence and acceptance, with many states ignoring this situation and placing the Ålanders in an almost central role in several international functions.

I believe that the present situation is, in part, due to Nya Åland holding close ties with nations such as East Moreland, a nation which I would expect to speak out more strongly about the situation within Nya Åland yet seems content to remain silent. With the present situation, however, I feel that it is important for nations such as ours to stand as an example of our principles, beliefs and virtues; business as usual should not, and cannot, go on with Krokom so long as these archaic and over-bearing practices are in place. Through policies which place a Christian, Rosari or Muslim citizen of Nya Åland into a de-facto second class in their own nation, it is clear that Nya Åland is not a modern participant in the community of nations, but one which is stuck in the dark ages.

The First Empire shall thus be coordinating policy with the Kingdom of Tytor in a hope that we may draw greater international attention upon these issues, as well as pressure, to effect change. At this time I honestly doubt that any change is possible within Krokom; their policies stand mostly un-moveable and they won't react well to pressure to effect changes in their policies. Therefore, through sanctions and an international campaign to boycott the undeserved position of Krokom as a neutral arbiter and major voice in international politics, we should make clear that neither the First Empire nor the Kingdom of Tytor shall take part in international conferences, or bodies, which sees Nya Åland in any prominent capacity. When the United Soviet Russia was conducting a campaign against the Followers of Earagan the international community did not run to them to host international conferences, we sanctioned them and called for the immediate cessation of their activities.

If we, as a community of nations, truly believe that all Peoples are equal, we must show the conviction of our principles when dealing with a state which brushes its minority faiths underneath the rug, so to say. We cannot forever live in a deficit to Krokom due to the Great Disaster; at one point, sooner or later, they must be held accountable for their abhorrent policies and practices. It is my hopes, that through the cooperation and coordination of our nations and perhaps our Cross-Straits allies, we may begin to bring to an end the hypocrisy and double-standards shown by the community of nations in regards to Nya Åland.

I shall look forward to your reply, and to working with you on an effective strategy on this issue.

Your friend always;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis