Author Topic: A Royal Dinner - Conclusion  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
A Royal Dinner - Conclusion
« on: September 02, 2017, 12:00:27 AM »
What happened so far:

Several Monarchs had met up and discussed matters of the coronation in Neu Uburzis' Palace. After concluding that they would not bow or kneel to the Emperor during coronation, leaving Albrecht to find a Solution, while they would accept to sit among Peasants. The Dinner was going along fine, with The Prince Regent dancing with the Queen of Lodja, Emperor Peter dancing with Princess Adelheid, a young Cadet dancing with one of the Morelander envoys, and the Oranian stand in for Royalty arriving way late.

Olaf, that was at least how he had to call himself during school time and in public, had gently shoved Jocelyn along the corridor leading to the Throne room. Pushing the creaking the Door open he had let her in to the right now sparely filled room. The massive Red sandstone pillars carried the ceiling reminiscent of an ancient temple. Where the inner Sanctum in old Temples would have been, a Podium made from the same red stone stood. The throne beneath still hidden under white sheets, as Olaf pointed Jocelyn to the pillars: "Usually there are large Tapestry on the wall, when there's no more space for the new emperor's tapestry the oldest gets moved into a museum archive." he widened his hands to simulate the whole room filled: "And the floor is covered with carpets as well. but everything is still being restored to mint conditions. So i am sorry that i can't show it off yet."

He then climbed up to the throne, and pulled back then sheet keeping the dust from the seat of power, revealing the pitch black Marble throne, accompanied by two wolf gold statues to each side. The young Cadet took seat on the Throne with a childish giggle: "My Ancestor really fancied the ancient temples, so he fashioned his center of power around their ideals." wiggling with his feet that did not reach the bottom of the throne he sighed extensively: "I really hope they finish in time. without all the Tapestry this all seems only half as beautiful."

Back int he main hall it had gotten late, and the younger Cadets seemed to tire slowly as the Desert was being Served. The chocolate and Rare exotic fruits, like pineapple, where only barely enough to keep them awake, while albrecht had taken seat on the lodjan table after the dance, with Adelheid on the Aechkaerin table. Only Kurt, their Father in wheelchair, seemed to try and keep a low profile, having roled hismelf onto the oranian table, he had greeted them and mot of the time silently enjoyed his food.

(OOC: let's wrap this up. ^^ those who can and still care make a post so we can finish it soon)

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: A Royal Dinner - Conclusion
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 10:46:08 PM »
OOC- Joint Libby/Dave production

"You mean for your coronation?" Jocelin said picking up on the cadets wording, "So why keep your identity secret?" she knew that the Crown Prince would be about this age, however the hiding in plain sight thing kind of confused her, she was hoping for some interesting story as she sat cross legged at the base of the throne and took out her pencil and started sketching Olaf.  After a few quick pencil strokes she finished, "Perhaps this is your first official royal portrait coming to life" she chuckled as she glanced up, cast his features to memory and went back to scribbling away, feint black lines filling the pad with speed. She'd obviously finish it later, she thought perhaps send it back, or bring it if she was invited, when the boy was finally crowned.

Back in the main hall Lady Anna was busy dancing with some cadet who had asked leaving Stasya and King David alone, she was already on her third helping of some cake. "Third helping" David pointed out, "Be struggling to get in your dresses back home." he teased as he used a spoon to scoop into her cake, a swift movement from Stasya and he felt the back of her own silver spoon bounce of his knuckles causing him to yank his hand back shaking it in mid air. "Owww" he complained as she chuckled.

"I may be happy sharing a bed with you, but never cake" she teased him quietly with a smile before taking another scoop of the cake. "And will the Lady Jocelin be sharing your bed this evening?" she asked enviously. She had hidden her insecurities rather well up to now, but truth be told she saw the young artist as a rival, after all she was pretty, tall and elegant. She'd heard rumours that the woman had been seen out and about with the King, even gaining a promotion within the royal court, where Stasya came from a young person getting such a prestigious role was only for one reason, who they shared their bed with.

"No" David looked offended, he placed a gentle hand on her thigh. "I swear Stasya that's not the case, she's our court artist, we like to get our household out to events, so she came here." He felt her place her hand on top of his, the music just a little too loud meaning she brought her mouth close to his ear.

"What if I can get away from the Queen tonight?" The Ladies in Waiting knew the Queen had a crush on David, and with her marriage being in troubled waters she was more and more likely to seek comfort elsewhere which meant Stasya may be walking on eggshells.

"We shouldn't....but you should make an excuse to come to Northfort again" David said kissing her on the cheek having seen no one was watching.  She pulled back away from him spotting some cadets turning their way.

"I think I feel feint" she said rather loudly giving David a wink.

"Oh....erm.....perhaps we should get you some fresh air, it is warm in here" the King helped her to her feet and headed towards the door leading outside, as soon as out of sight Stasya took him by the hand around the corner from the main door. She pulled him close feeling his arms wrap around her as she placed her own around his neck, their lips meeting passionately as the fient sound of music could be heard inside.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
Re: A Royal Dinner - Conclusion
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 09:28:16 PM »
Orion watched Jocelin sketching for a moment before replying: "The whole hiding in Plain sight was Albrecht's idea. He said i shouldn't miss out the first Official Diplomatic event since our Isolation, and he wanted to have me next to the so he could judge Height..."
Orions facial color turned slightly more reddish: "As you can see, i am somewhat of a short stick, and some of the Main Concerns discussed was the Problem that i need to have my head above everyone else during the Coronation. Our People really love their Traditions, and it would be unwise to Break these now, where we have broken with the Isolation."

He uneasily wiggled on the Throne: "It's also the Reason for the hiding. We have an old Law since the Death of the First Child Empress that no Child of Royal Linage is to be shown in Public until they reach the Age to Speak in front of the Senate." he symbolic held up ten and then three with his hands: "That's why the Coronation is on my Birthday. Short version: the First Child on this Chair was only Eight, and over the Pressure everyone put on her she killed herself. Ever since a law was instituted that called for a Regent until the Emperor is old enough, and that all Royal children are to be protected from the pressure the Public puts on them. We all go to School under false Names."

Sliding of the throne he quickly covered it up before nodding to Jocelin: "And you better hide that sketch. It is illegal for People to reveal who i am or how i look."

Turning around Orion froze almost dead in his Track, as Albrecht was standing in the Corridor they had come from: "Be glad i am not your Mother, she would have made sure you can't sit for the rest of the day."
He then turned to Jocelin, with a smile: "Please return to the Main Area, i will make sure you get a Proper Tour through the Palace next tie you come Visit. And as he said, hide the sketch until you are back in Moreland."