Author Topic: A formal communication to Rokkenjima  (Read 1848 times)

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
A formal communication to Rokkenjima
« on: January 03, 2020, 09:23:41 PM »

To:- Empress Beatrice

As you will be aware the members of the Mhorish and Illumic Co-operative Agency have recently meet in Northfort to discuss several key issues. One of the issues that was brought up was the role of Rokkenjima within the region. It was determined that the majority of the organisations members wished for reassurances from The Conglomerate[1] regarding Rokkenjima's prescence. For various reasons this was not given. The memberships of MICA therefore wish to have the reassurances of Rokkenjima complying with MICA standard operating procedures as well as acting in a manner compliant with the co-operative nature of the region. With that in mind the membership drafted the following and would hope Rokkenjima will give the reassurances The Conglomerate could not. Please find attached the proposal MICA members drafted.

Quote from: Agreed upon text

Following recent discussions between members of MICA one important point was repeatedly brought up and that was the situation of a Rokkenjiman prescence within the region. While it is clear that The Conglomerate have acted within their rights leasing bases to Rokkenjima it is a situation that could potentially disrupt carefully crafted MICA protocols. As such following a vote of the membership we ask Rokkenjima to provide clarity on their intentions within the Mhorish and Illumic regions by affirming the following.

Recognising that the Rokkenjiman military are operating out of bases in the region in which they are effectively invited guests the Rokkenjiman military of all branches agree to the following.

1) They will comply fully with and support the standard operating procedures laid out by MICA under their 3RA directive. Notably that the MICA region is divided up into zones of responsibility for which the co-ordination of responses to emergencies, attacks or other matters requiring additional attention is allocated to a member nation.

2) That the Rokkenjiman military will stay out of nations allocated EEZ's with the following exceptions.

a) Peacefully transiting to or from a base of operations.
b) are taking part in operations as outlined by the 3RA system
c) are responding to a distress call
d) have prior permission from the sovereign nation in question.

May The Gods Watch Over You and Your Nation Know Peace

King David III with the approval of the MICA membership.
 1. RP done before the change in government

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: A formal communication to Rokkenjima
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 07:19:06 AM »
Time: 6:43 PM

It had been a day upon which the sun refused to set at Pyrena Castle. First there was the matter of Joshua Rhodes disappearing again, which saw the better part of the day spent with Evanthe already. It wasn't that she minded, however, the fact that Evanthe found herself in this situation yet again was most heartbreaking. There was also the matter of Councillor Groves, who was proving to be a problem in and of himself. Addressing the letter dispatched by King David on behalf of MICA would, unfortunately, require delegating.

"I do hope I'm not disturbing you," Beatrice said as she gently knocked and pushed open the door to Emerson's Office, "but we've a few things to discuss. Now as I'm certain you're aware Joshua is missing again, so for the foreseeable future I'll be trusting you to handle the majority of government affairs as I do my best to keep Evanthe together. I've received word from King David on the MICA developments, thus from this point forward you shall be addressing the response and follow-ups which may follow."

She nodded to the staff who had accompanied her and latched the door behind her, ensuring that the hallway was cleared before speaking yet again. "Now that we're alone, Councillor Groves will need to be dealt with. As you're likely aware the two were photographed and discussed in Gossip Daily, now Evanthe claims that their prior working experience when she was Vicegerent provided for a presumed trust between them, and that she needed someone to talk to who wasn't so close to Joshua, the Rhodes, Seaforth, et cetera. He's been so kind as to provide us with a list of desired policies and budgetary adjustments...." Beatrice paused, "included with the prologue of his tell-all. I can tell you now the bastard isn't getting anything, and I've Lucius working on options at our disposal to handle Mr. Groves accordingly."

"I know things are....difficult, to say the least, in regards to you and my cousin, however, you make an appearance in the prologue and imagine your name would be in the full work quite a few times as well." She picked up the prologue and skimmed a few lines before arriving to the sentence, "She had her new world all lined out before her, she would tell me often, learning to love and trust again thanks to her 'Count'. With Joshua coming back she would have to smother that world, for while she was happy that Joshua was safe, she was at heart a different person than the woman he had last seen two years ago. She lamented the choice she would have to make, almost wishing that he would have remained somewhere, anywhere, so she could hold onto the world, and the man responsible for it; she confirmed that her selfish Anselmo nature survived even as she claimed herself a Rhodes."

"I'll stop there," Beatrice sighed, "but you can see that it's something we must deal with sooner rather than later. Evanthe has been through enough, I will not see some worm misuse her pursuit of trust and a friend's shoulder to cash in by sullying her name. Thus, once you've replied to MICA on my behalf, and please do apologize and explain to King David that I am disposed for good reason, I would appreciate your help on this, if you're willing of course. I'll be in the Family Wing, Evanthe will be utilizing her former suite for the foreseeable future. Hopefully Lucius will have some answers for us by the time you've tended to these duties."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Re: A formal communication to Rokkenjima
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 10:42:41 PM »

A Response to MICA

To - King David

First allow me to offer the Empress's apologies for not responding to your letter herself, as I'm sure you will be aware Joshua Rhodes has been missing for some time now and with the recent return of Evanthe Rhodes to Pyrena the Empress has decided to take some time to look after her cousin. Rest assured that I have the full authority and backing of the Chrysanthemum Throne in dealing with the matter you raise. I would also ask that you pass my sympathies and those of the Rokkenjiman people onto King Andrew and his family at this time.

In regards to your requests for clarification I am more than happy to oblige. Rokkenjima shall respect its position as a guest in the Mhorish and Illumic region and support the procedures and protocols of the native states of the region, as such Rokkenjima agrees to abide by the proposal you attached to your message. In good faith allow me go one step further and make you aware of the maximum naval deployment that will be based at QAMB upon its completion:
  • 1x Excalibur carrier (100k tonnes)
  • 4 x Mizuchi Destroyer (40k tonnes)
  • 7x Resolute Frigates (42k tonnes)
  • 1 x Megitsune Class (27k tonnes)
  • 1x Corgan Cargo (48k tonnes)
  • 1x Quasar Oiler (42k tonnes)
  • 1x Guardian Hospital ship (65,552 tonnes)
  • 2x Astral class patrol ships (13k tonnes)
  • 6x Forestal class patrol ships (360 tonnes)

It is not Rokkenjima's intention to station submarines at QAMB, save for emergencies happening at sea, this is due to our refusal to entertain the prospect of positioning a nuclear weapon within the region at a period in time when we are moving towards nuclear disarmament. Do please be aware that the maximum potential deployment outlined above falls some 20,000 tonnes short of the stated limit in the agreement between Rokkenjima and the Conglomerate as was.

In addition allow me to make the MICA membership aware that following legal concerns raised by the Holy Empire of Achkaerin that Rokkenjima has no intention of constructing the proposed King Leopold Naval Station until such time as the sovereignty issue in respect of Nurashima/Barnacle is resolved at the earliest. I would also like to be clear and on the record that it is the intention of the First Empire to renegotiate certain parts of the treaty between Rokkenjima and the Conglomerate as was.

Signed in friendship

Count Emerson Ravenswood
Viceregent of Rokkenjima & Count of Saika

countersigned

Beatrice Anselmo
Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook