Author Topic: Festival of Sail 2020  (Read 6823 times)

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Festival of Sail 2020
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2020, 09:57:19 PM »
David nodded as Brigida went through each point before saying. "I'm very happy to sign off on these things. I think they'll be a great start to relations between our nation becoming better." It was the next part that was going to be awkward, Aosta was a nation with no history of friendship with East Moreland, now had Finley suggested Rhiannon marry his son Keane, or even if Piripi had suggested her marrying his son then David still wouldn't have accepted but he could at least see some common sense. "I'm flattered that you see East Moreland as a nation that you consider in that high of a regard." David didn't want to flatly say no to the marriage proposal "However the problem of arranged marriages is something I had to grapple with. After my failed first marriage there was a lot of pressure on me by some of my subjects as well as even the various Councils in the Kingdom for me to marry a person of their choosing. I wouldn't have been happy to do that so I am sorry but I could not ask my daughter to do something that I am not willing to do myself. I am certain though that if our nations are to become closer friends there is every chance that Rhiannon and the future Emperor will cross paths. If Marissa wills it then perhaps they'll arrive at the point you'd like naturally, if that happens then rest assured I would not stand in the way. I hope that answer isn't one that will find future friendship between us difficult."

Offline Aosta

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Aosta2
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2020, 04:31:01 PM »
The marriage rejection was to be expected and had been rather a long shot which was why the Princess had brought the matter up only at the end of the meeting. "It is my belief that if you do not ask then you do not get." Brigida said with a hand gesture showing she wasn't worried about the problem. "Perhaps then I need to focus on creating oppurtunities for the two to meet in the future. Our Emperor will need to be more worldly than me or my brother were given the chance to be. If possible then I would like to arrange for him when he reaches his teens to spend 6 months in East Moreland. It is likely that he will be a student at the Ovado Boys Brigade Academy, its a school that focuses on military traditions as an ethos. Can you perhaps help us arrange a similar school, if they exist in East Moreland?" 

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2020, 09:27:08 PM »
"Well my daughter will, fingers crossed by attending Northfort Girls Academy so I don't think there is much chance of them meeting at school." David smiled, "We are though a nation which is proud of our military. I think this is something we have in common. I also admire the idea of trying to make our youngsters more knowledgeable about Mundus, its something I wish my father had done for me and my sisters." David knew his father had begun to start considering ending East Moreland's isolation but had kept changing his mind and so by the time he had set his mind on that course the Ironside children were all grown up and pursuing their lives in the military in regards to Freya and David and the Priesthood in Joanna's case. "I've tried giving Rhiannon the exposure I never got and we've discussed sending her to Rokkenjima for a while, I also suspect she'll spend some time in Lodja and Ui Cenneslaig growing up....at least that's my aim. So if we can help your Emperor then we will, I think though we've a good 10 years or so to work out how. When the time comes we'll do whatever we can to help him find a place to come study if that's still what you want, we've some good military based academies but many of our schools have cadet groups so it won't be difficult." David had rather enjoyed the discussion with the Aostan's but this was after all the Festival of Sail. "Perhaps you'd like to see some of the Festival, is there anything in particular that you're interested in?" David asked

Offline Aosta

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Aosta2
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2020, 03:06:19 PM »
"I think with our agreement secured I've achieved my aim for being here." Birgida said, "I wouldn't impose more on your time as I know you'll likely have much more to do while the Festival goes on. Beside I have some good news to report to the people back home." Brigida motioned to a aide at the door of the Barge. They disappeared for a moment or two before approaching with a gold wrapping paper covered box which they handed to the Princess. "We did promise Princess Rhiannon some Sfogliatella so I hope these will be something she enjoys." The Princess handed the box over. "I have enjoyed meeting you Your Majesty and I look forward to when you come and visit Aosta someday soon."