Author Topic: Breaking the Ice  (Read 2326 times)

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Viljandi
Breaking the Ice
« on: October 04, 2020, 11:03:57 AM »
Winter has come to Imperium of Kodumaa. The air is dry as bone and the winds are a harsh. The usual winter in Kodumaa is between minus 20-35 degrees Celsius. Today was such a day, the snow completely covered the mountains and highlands of Kodumaas north western region of Siyungou. The region is culturally distinct from the rest of Kodumaa as it is nearest to the Second Imperial Chinese Republic and home to most of Kodumaa’s Buddhist and Taoist people the Khümüüs (OOC: Mongols basically) as well as many Kodumaan born Chinese born of Chinese refugees fleeing the civil war.

The snow town of Tenger Khot of 1.4 million people was known for its tourism, mostly for its mountains and lush hills, in the winter it became a hub for the nations adventurous tourists and nature enthusiast to experience nature and tough it out in the outdoors with various snow resorts and surrounding geysers and camping sites in Kodumaans known frigid tundras.

Such nature tourists included both Crown Princess Yasna Sygvaldi and her older sister Princess Janna Sygvaldi. Yasna wearing black fur clothing with a matching thick fur hat and Janna in white matching the snow outside. The two royals were staying at a resort simply known simply as Royal Suvd Resort, a luxury lodging and cabin settlement in the Suvd Mountains 15 kilometers east outside of Tenger Khot proper.

The two princesses just finished getting settled in their rooms which were opposite eachothers with their security detail nearby.  The two of them where in the lobby downstairs dressed rather casually to not catch attention eating Khuushuur, a type of dumpling with beef mutton filling with garlic, chives and onion common in this part of Kodumaa. Janna wasn’t drinking today; her sister Crown Princess Yasna however was having some shots of Chinese Baiju. “You know sis drinking alcohol like that in temperatures such as this isn’t good for you, you know that right?”

Yasna replied “Relax sis, were on vacation, besides I’ve drank stronger stuff before.” Janna scoffed and responded “Yeah like last year when we were in Yulvitsk and you accidently threw up on me at St Boronsov’s Church?” Yasna signed in frustration “You’re not going to let that go, are you?” Janna was rubbing her forehead in frustration. Yasna’s expression changed to a goofy grin “Holy shit, will you relax, I mean jeez, were in Royal Suvd Resort. A place known for its spas, hot springs and natural geysers around here a plenty and tons of places to ski and snowboard, just loosen up, I mean hell you might even meet some cute guys around this time of year.”

Janna replied “You sound like mum. Are you going to be on my case and try to set me up too and start pressuring me to have grandchildren?” Yasna chuckled “What? No…She does have a point though…I mean you’re what 31 now, you’re not getting any younger. Unlike me who still has her youth an vitality.” She said glibly with the same obnoxious grin on her face knowing how to get under her sisters skin ever so slightly. Janna gave her sister a slight scowl “Wow, ok, well I’m leaving now.”She got up and made proceeded to leave while her sister said “Oh come on don’t leave, we need to go over your retirement, plan, get your affairs in order.” Janna simply ignored her sister while giving her the middle finger while Yasna was smiling the whole time.

Janna made her way to her room and put on her navy blue and while one-piece ski outfit made mostly of waterproof fabrics of nylon, spandex, and wool. She then made her way to the chairlifts with her snowboard waiting in line dressed conventionally to not rase any attention.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 11:12:01 AM by Viljandi »

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
Re: Breaking the Ice
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 11:45:16 AM »
The recent conference gathering scientists and researchers of nanobiology in Siyungou went splendidly well, much to Prince Félix de Lionbourg-Aquilae’s delight and satisfaction, having done his fair share through speeches and presentations about the future possibilities. In any case, feeling that it would’ve been a shame to leave Kodumaa so soon, decided to stay a few days in the region to savour its winter specialities. Like many VIPs and other privileged visitors, Félix had been residing at the Royal Suvd Resort. Lionbourg may have had skiing facilities, though the mountains in Kodumaa happened to be quite exciting and it was well worth it exploring something different.

Enjoying a traditional Siyungou breakfast in his room which included the Khuushuur dumpling, Félix felt the urge to spend some fun at the snowy slopes and as soon as he was finished with his tea, proceeded to put on his one-piece suit hinting at white and blues colors. With skiing gear ready to be used, a few bodyguards accompanied him to the nearby chairlifts, maintaining an appropriate distance which acted as a compromise between security and privacy. At first, he didn’t pay particular attention to the person standing next to him carrying a snowboard, most likely a woman judging by her figure and size. Standing last in line with no one behind them as of that moment, the Prince hopped on the chairlift alongside his newfound partner.

He took the opportunity to soak the entire view in, admiring it as he was being lifted upwards to further heights. “Spectacular, isn’t it?” He suddenly commented, finally turning his gaze towards the lady; his expression was a combination of surprise and happiness, as he simply couldn’t believe it at first. “No way...Janna, is that really you?”! Félix immediately kept his voice down, as to not be attracting additional, unwanted attention from those sitting forward or behind them. Their families had known each other for quite some time, and the relations could’ve only been described as positive. At least he would be able to share the fun with a recognisable face, if she was up to it.

“Shit...How long has it been since? It’s great seeing you here anyways...Where’s Yasna by the way?” He asked curiously.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 05:11:27 PM by The Young Pope »

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 09:21:27 AM »
Princess Janna darted her head to the familiar voice. "Félix?...Wow, what are you doing here? Yasna? Probably getting ready to booze it up at the Suvd Snow Lion Bar down stairs and drag some poor asshole back to her room with her, you know what she's like." She said in an exasperated tone. "Still though, never thought I would see you in a place like this. I always took you for laying on coastal beaches sipping some champagne with a cute model kind of guy." She said with a mischievous smirk on her face.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 09:48:36 AM »
Félix chuckled as soon as Janna paused; at least she was someone whom he was familiar with. "Well, I'm glad to hear that you and your sister are still the same...more or less." The prince slightly teased Janna, catching her mischievous smirk in the process as she made a joking remark of assuming something about him. He shook his head before continuing: "It's my crisp tan which messes up the perception of myself as a person, no? I don't blame ya' one bit, though to be fair, it's equally easy developing one on the snowy slopes with a bright sun gazing down upon ya'. Besides, growing up in a landlocked country filled with hills and mountain ranges really does have an impact on one's own persona."

Félix leaned a bit closer towards Janna. "I'd rather hang out with a cute model here in the messy snow, and sipping on hot cocoa-infused liquor, rather than getting sand in-between my toes and salty water in my eyes...As for your...Oof, now that's a tough one." He leaned back to his original position, not sure what his comment would be considering she really did seem like the type to thrive in this environment; quite the tricky lady in other words.

"As for my original purpose here...Y'know, the usual nanobiology conference gathering the smart brains from all over the world to discuss about what the future holds in store for us, yadda yadda...Naturally once it was over, I couldn't leave Siyungou without trying the slopes so early on when winter has just arrived." He smiled.

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 12:16:19 PM »
Janna chuckled. "Of course you were here for some science conference, always quite the nerd aren't you? Hell I can't exactly talk either. I mean hell if I wasn't royalty I would probably be some kind of medical researcher or a school teacher." They finally got to the front of the line and were carried off by the chairlift which was gradually taking them up towards the higher peak of the Siyungou Alps.

"So Felix while we're here how is everyone? Also is Alexandra still pissed about the New Years fundraiser last year? I keep telling her that so many of her freinds got stoned off Kodumaan mandragorah whine. I mean I could hardly tell."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 12:36:20 PM »
"The conference would've been less dull if you were kind enough to grace us with your presence." Félix said, being fully aware that Janna happened to be a STEM person herself, albeit a naughty one at that. It was only a matter of time before the chairlift finally brought the duo to the higher peaks of the Siyongou Alps. He suddenly laughed out loud as soon as he was reminded about the incident during the family's New Year's Eve fundraising event involving spiked wine.

"That shit was hilarious I must admit, and brilliant too...I mean, who would've thought that it wouldn't occur by inviting you there at all." He smiled. "As for Alexandra...her anger has mellowed down to a miniscule level, so you'd be safe by the time her eyes are gazing upon yours once more. Otherwise, there's nothing much remarkable to say about the family, other than life moving forward per usual circumstances...What about your Mama, how has she been handling things as of late?" He asked.