Author Topic: Educating Lijiang  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Lijiang

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lijiang
Educating Lijiang
« on: February 10, 2021, 11:11:34 PM »

To:-

Mr. Ayotunde Clement of Paracambi (Theology and Literature)
Miss Matilda Osman of East Moreland (Marine Biology)
Dr.Marcus Merriman (History)
Mr. Peter Simod (Programming & Computing)
Mrs Samira Hanifnejad (Creative Arts & Media)
Mr Jin Odinsson (International Relations & Media)
Duke James McKenna (Engineering & Physics)

I am writing to you in order to offer you a period of paid employment.

It is my desire that my two eldest children Prince Chun (Aged 17), Princess Wenjun (Aged 14) receive an education that equips them to help lead our homeland into the 21st Century. To do that I wish them to be educated not just in subjects vital to those in leadership but in ideas beyond the traditions of Lijiang. I wish for them to embrace the concept of traditional Lijiang wisdom. We have an old saying that to be truly considered learned a person must travel 100miles from home, read 100 books and have conversations with over 100 people. While this saying is possibly 2000 or so years old the message behind it is clear, to be educated you must be exposed to wisdom, other cultures and people. With this in mind I wish to establish for them a series of tutors who are well respected in their fields to ensure this world class educational experience takes place. I am therefore offering you a contract to tutor my children for the next 12 weeks.

Should you be willing to accept the invitation you will be paid a generous salary and provided with more than comfortable accommodation for you and any family you wish to come with you. This will be within the Imperial Palace complex or the Golden Enclave depending on your preference. We will provide you with your own vehicle and driver, all meals and extensive leisure time. You will be expected to deliver one hour of teaching per child per day six days a week as well as setting them private study work. At the end of the contract we have set aside a further 4 weeks in which we shall provide accommodation within the Empire for you and your family to spend recreational and leisure time. Naturally all expenses in travel to and from the Empire will be covered.

It is our hope that you will accept this contract as we believe your contribution to the childrens education will be life changing. Should you wish to discuss this offer or its terms we would be more than happy to discuss them with you.

Best Regards

Dragon-Emperor Tielin II

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Re: Educating Lijiang
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 07:02:47 PM »

Addressed to: His Imperial Majesty Dragon-Emperor Tielin II

Your Imperial Majesty's invitation honors me as does the responsibility that goes with the task to teach a prince and a princess of such an ancient empire as the one Your Imperial Majesty represents.

I formally accept the invitation of Your Majesty. I do however ask that I be allowed to come with my husband and that our religious rights be respected in allowing us to dress as the Prophet commanded, to eat only what God permits and to attend religious service at the Tamoran embassy in Your Majesty's empire.

With the hope that Your Majesty will be able to accommodate my small request I hope to come to Your Majesty's Empire soon and begin my work there.

Respectfully yours,
Samira Hanifnejad
Tamoran Ambassador of Culture

Offline Lijiang

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lijiang
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 07:41:40 PM »

To:- Mrs.Samira Hanifnejad

We are delighted that you have accepted this invitation and excited to have you come and share your knowledge.

In terms of your requests naturally we are more than happy to have your husband visit our nation. We will make plans for you to both reside in the Golden Enclave during your stay.  In terms of dress no laws exist as such within the Golden Enclave excepting that on feast days no-one other than the Imperial Family may wear yellow, should this rule be acceptable then you may dress as you wish. In terms of diet you will be more than welcome to eat within the halls of the Palace where you will find the vast majority of food will likely fulfil your dietary requirements, a great many of our dishes are vegetarian. You will also be welcome to make your own meals within your accommodation so naturally may dine as you see fit. While our nation see's the faith of the Two Dragons as governing the whole nation we impose no compulsion on any individual you may pray anywhere within the Empire other than our sacred places and that includes within the Golden Enclave.

We believe this meets all your requests and so we look forward to your arrival.
Best Regards

Dragon-Emperor Tielin II

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 05:02:25 PM »

To:- His Imperial Majesty Dragon-Emperor Tielin II

While I would be delighted to take up this role there is one potential stumbling block and that is the matter of my daughter Crown Princess Rhiannon Ironside. With the fact that she is heir to the throne of East Moreland and also the fact that during school holidays she is in my custody this could complicate matters. I would therefore first need to consult with her father and then have assurances of her care should I accept the role.

I therefore hope you will be patient while I resolve these issues.

May The Gods Watch Over You and Your Nation Know Peace

Matilda Osman

To:- His Imperial Majesty Dragon-Emperor Tielin II

I am thrilled and honoured to be asked to carry out this duty.

I will be delighted to accept your terms and hope you will afford me a chance to tour your nation once the tutoring is complete.

May The Gods Watch Over You and Your Nation Know Peace.

Dr.Marcus Merriman