Author Topic: A dragon lands in a field of chrysanthemums (Jiāyuán & Daito)  (Read 814 times)

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Baal System
A dragon lands in a field of chrysanthemums (Jiāyuán & Daito)
« on: February 06, 2024, 06:18:17 AM »

To: The Executive Office of the Prime Minister of the Empire of Daito

It is with great hope I send this letter to extend our regards to opening and extending the relationship between the Empire of Daito and the Federal Republic of Jiāyuán. Our nation is going through a transition and reforming the nations foreign policy. Our nation knows that it can’t simply let international affairs pass it by with foreign relations reduce to economic transactionalism, thus it is with hope that Jiāyuán and Daito can foster positive relations for years to come. The agenda of the
meeting will be the following:

•Outlining of a rudimentary Free Trade Agreement
•Defence Policy Co-operation

This initiation of is to be made as a litmus test for Jiāyuán and a chance for two nations such as ours who share similar values to build closer relations. To that end Hnourable Secretary Tai Wujien will be visiting Shinkyō to initiate negotiations.

Signed

Tai Wenjien, General Secretary of the Federal Republic of Jiāyuán
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 06:58:26 AM by Baal »

Online Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
Re: A dragon lands in a field of chrysanthemums (Jiāyuán & Daito)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 08:26:19 AM »
   In the year since he'd become Prime Minister, Sadazane Konishi had grown ever-more used to meetings such as these. Usually, they didn't tend to make the news quite like meetings with the Emperor of course, but that was more often a result of all the pomp and ceremony that came with it rather than any substance. No, this was entirely a matter of business, which tended to be the case as he rarely seemed to have the time for anything else these days. Today's order of business? A meeting with the General Secretary of Jiayuan, Tai Wenjian, ostensibly the first time a leader of Jiayuan had visited the country in... Well, decades at least if not the first time, ever. He couldn't remember, not that it mattered given the circumstances.

Eventually, the Jiayuanese leader and his entourage would arrive, and following the standard affair of ceremony—the playing of the anthems of both nations, the introductions and other things—they would be ushered into a meeting-room within the Prime Minister's residence, located within the shadow of the Imperial Diet. Once everyone had settled in, Sadazane would speak up.
   "So, Mr. General Secretary, where would you like to begin?" He asked, glancing briefly to one of his advisors before returning his gaze to his foreign counterpart. "Now, I could go either way, but seeing as you requested this meeting, I figured you might have some idea of where to start, even if it may perhaps be most logical to discuss matters of trade first, no?"

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 12:28:52 AM »
"Well Prime Minister Konishi we're mostly adopting a gradual foreign policy transition. My government is more concerned about further economic development. We managed to bring Jiayuan out of a spiral of a failed state,  to a middle income country, to becoming the 5th largest economy. But that was fueled mostly out of investments in education and high value exports. What we want is to be able to conduct FDI activities in Fusan,  One of our Ambassador's inis in the mdiddle of treying to come up with an trade deal with the ADSN but we also want to have deals with a greater dimension with other nations as well. Regarding tarriffs and travel, we have been told that it is better if we approach nations seperately with issues such as those rather than the wider ADSN, as we feel that if we can a[[roach seperate nations we can better guage on who we can trust rather than signing the broader agreement. I hope this makes sense Prime Minister Konishi."

Online Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 12:06:26 AM »
   "Certainly, Mr. General Secretary." Sadazane replied. He was, of course, well aware of the talks with the ADSN; that was something he tried to keep himself appraised of, after all. "I suppose we could see about encouraging said investments, but just saying that isn't really enough, is it? Obviously, with regards to matters like tariffs, we will defer to whatever the ADSN suggests, so I would suggest we avoid that specific topic for the time being." He added before saying "That will, of course, constrain what exactly we are able to achieve here, but there are still plenty of other avenues for us to consider. But as you requested this meeting, I will let you take the lead, at least for now."

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2024, 12:23:04 AM »
General Secretary Tai Wenjien thought for a few seconds. He thought that perhaps it was best to stay away from trade matters while the ADSN is figuring stuff out. "Alright then, Prime Minister Konishi. We can discuss other matters. The second agenda is more in line with defence policy, more in the areas of intelligence sharing and a possible extradition treaty. Would that be a more flexible topic Prime Minister?"