####
« on: April 17, 2021, 01:10:12 AM »
—NOTHING—
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 04:40:46 PM by Nova »

Offline Raj

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Solace
Re: The Mathilda Accords (Solace & Heyra)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 01:30:56 PM »
- 2021/04/20
To: Chairwoman Francine M. A. Therz, Heyra.

Dear Honorable Chairwoman,

On behalf of Republic of Solace, I am honored to receive an invitation from you for this important summit and I humbly thank you for extending your invitations.

As discussed previously in the informal talks, in the meeting our delegation of officials would like to discuss Trade Tariff and Visa relief for longer stay and other points for the mutual benefits of our nations.  I expect that this will benefit the bilateral trades between our countries. I also anticipate this meeting as a way to strengthen the diplomatic ties of the Republic of Solace and Heyra.

Much cordially, I am accepting your invitations and assure you to join the appointment and hope that with mutual consent a favourable date can be set for the meeting without further delay.

Sincerely,
- Manek Mitres.

Offline Raj

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 07:44:40 PM »
Heyra/Solace

After finishing the discussion with Adwiti, Manek headed towards the special airport and took off to Heyra with his delegates, a few representatives of State governments and major corporations of Solace. Before leaving He glanced at the ashen face of Indulekha, the personal secretary of the Commerce minister, clearly unhappy as she was excluded from the delegation and left behind while Manek picked the Additional Secretary of Commerce and Industry department, Sundar Chauhan to be the chief negotiator and the head of Solace delegation.
He enquired about all preparations and main points for trade negotiations with Shreya, his personal assistant, AS Sundar and other members of delegation present there and thus the journey was spent in the discussion. Main focus was on elimination of tariffs in many sectors, reducing the subsidy as well as attracting more investment in infrastructure and agriculture while presenting the similar suitable proposals to the other party.
Upon arrival they went through the standard protocols and were received warmly by the local officials, which he found as positive signs. Finally they arrived at the headquarters' underground parking where two important figures were waiting for them. Once out of the car Manek looked around at the dingy parking area indiscreetly and smiled at Chairwoman Therz and the Governor Anginer, greetings and shaking of hands took place as usual, after which they were led inside by the duo and other officials.
As the meeting started between the officials from the both sides and negotiations progressed,  Manek decided to avail this opportunity to discuss one other important matter with the Chairwoman.
' I am really honoured to have the opportunity to meet and discuss with the Chairwoman and Mr Anginer regarding this great trade opportunity to both our nations.' He started without beating around the bushes, avoiding calling her by the name straight. 'However there was one major issue of importance here too which has not been put on the agenda formally.' Both of them were looking at him curiously.
He cleared his throat then proceeded. 'If you allow me, I would like to discuss the recent increased attacks of pirates on ships and bulk carriers in Solace maritime.' A pause followed after that as he waited for their confirmation.

Offline Raj

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 12:36:14 PM »

"Of Course not. Confidentiality was the reason it wasn't included in the formal negotiation topics." Manek assured them in his signature calm baritone voice while noticing the subtle gestures between these two people, confirming that his idea to keep this topic off the chart was a right move. "Besides that these attackers have started very recently to move deeper in our zone and are quite violent in their acts. They burnt two ships with all goods alongwith the captain when surrounded by Solace naval ships, thus managing to escape from the ensued chaos. Fortunately we were able to catch their head and many other pirates but now it appears that they have a pretty fluid structure of leadership."

He went on without a pause this time. "Practically technology wise our Naval force needs an upgrade terribly as surveillance and interception of such miscreants on our EEZ has been proving to be much less efficient than desirable. We would be really grateful if you could provide us the assistance and shared intelligence in the surveillance of the maritime and regarding the joint patrolling I think that should be really helpful too.Solace naval chief is going to present a proposal regarding the upgradation of naval surveillance equipment and technology and navy is interested in purchasing these ASAP. Please let us know if Heyra has some suitable offers regarding this, because Heyra is an ally and also has a technologically advanced and experienced Naval forces so obviously your propositions would be preferred over others when we invite a formal bidding."With a smile he added while keeping a sharp eye on their minute reactions. "In upcoming times Solace intends to restructure and modernise the Panna harbour and plans to make it an international port. Would your government be interested in investing in the infrastructure and technical assistance when the plan materializes? It could be another opportunity for a mutually beneficial partnership if you consider this carefully."

Then he turned towards Governor Anginer with an animated face. "What does the Governor mean by a fanatic nation? You have me quite intrigued!" His sharp mind was calculating some risk factors here, regarding the potential of unintendedly inviting an unexpected party towards the Solace maritime.

Offline Raj

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 01:44:41 AM »
Manek was listening with rapt attention to both of them and then replied with a calm smile, "How curious that they took such extreme measurements...I really appreciate your pointers! Fortunately no such incidents will take place in these waters as the mischief makers are within our territory and though our government is newly formed we are moving swiftly for a permanent solution in this region... which is total wipeout of the terrorist elements.  Currently their attacks have been quite limited and selective and these pirates had not been identified till recently, but now according to our national intelligence bureau investigation it was revealed that they are connected with a rebel group in the state of Vid. Surprisingly they don't attack any other cargo ships but only Solace ones. No foreign merchant ship has been targeted yet. So we are speculating that there is also some insider work...Basically they are selling the looted goods through dubious channels for their own funding purpose. Details are being gathered in depth and we intend to totally unroot this problem for good this time.If needed we would surely reach out to Heyran Justice Bureau for the required help."  He flashed a charming smile once again and then agreed to the proposal of Therz with a nod.  "The arrangement which you suggested is most suitable and the need of the hour indeed. Alongwith that a joint patrolling mission of both naval forces will be very helpful in containing and eradicating these rogue pirates.We would really appreciate all your support in this regard Madam Chairwoman."

Regarding the harbour development project Manek gladly took up Governor Anginer for his offer of providing the expertise and all the assistance from the investment to the ties with relevant companies. "Rest assured,not only  this project will give a good business opportunity and profit for all investors and business partners but also boost the trade volume in the Mathilda Channel."  He presented the details and blueprint of the upcoming harbour project, following which they all proceeded to add new clauses and discussed the various clauses of the Mathilda Accords such as Common Command over the Mathilda Channels, Mutual Defence, Assets, etc.
  Both parties appeared to be satisfied with the agreement and the discussion was reaching a successful conclusion in a friendly manner when Manek noticed that his phone was vibrating. Upon a quick glance he noticed Adwiti's personal number and was instantly reminded that he hadn't given her any updates. He made an apology and excused himself from the meeting to give her a call in which he gave her a brief account of all proceedings. Adwiti was content with everything but didn't express it openly and only informed him that in two days he would be needed for the confidence motion in the House. After finishing the talk Manek returned to the hall, and soon both parties were ready to finalize the bilateral agreement. He addressed Anginer and Therz in a jovial manner. "I must state that before arrival I didn't expect such great cooperation and your support in all mentioned topics. I really appreciate it and anticipate that both of our nations will forge a great alliance and close ties from hereon. I guess we all are satisfied with the revised accords, please let me know your thoughts?" He suppressed his tiredness and looked at their faces expectantly.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 03:14:59 PM by Raj »

Offline Raj

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 03:12:17 PM »
"Thank you for the support, we do need it." Manek smiled at Threz and continued to explain the situation. " The state of Vid has mines which produce precious Lithium. Due to environmental concerns, mining was prohibited by the government. Unfortunately a Mafia group is involved in the illegal mining there and smuggling it  outside of Solace via local harbour. Besides that they are also involved in  criminal activities like smuggling arcotics, extortion, sex trafficking etc. In the past they had some influence in local governance and managed to make a stronghold in the community by unchecked brute force. Now they have become more ambitious and recently started brazen  attacks on the commercial cargo ships leaving from the harbour. Basically they want to establish a parallel local government based on thuggery and violence and defy the laws of the Nation . It's quite troublesome for the law and order situation and also our sea trade.  We need more frigates to patrol the maritime and enforce the rule of law. The head of this Mafia is invisible but we suspect that some traitors in Solace are helping this organisation to sustain and spread their hold in the area. In short, a pit of snakes which our government intends to wipe out and NIB officials along with naval security agencies are working towards it." Perceiving the concerns at the faces of his audience he tried to assure them. "It's not something easy but not impossible either. Recently we received information that the organisation head of this Mafia leader is seeking a meeting with some leaders of the opposition. We are suspecting in search of political support they might try to destabilize our government. We need some help in intelligence as the supposed meeting is going to take place here in Heyra. We aim to gather the proof against their nation harming activities and bring these traitors to the gallows of justice."
It seemed the other party grasped his points and then concluding the meeting Threz offered to have some food which he accepted gladly. Being a gourmet, naturally he was quite eager to relish the local delicacies. "Sure.It would be my delight to taste the cuisine of Heyra."