Author Topic: Red Nightfall along the Alucard  (Read 1501 times)

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
Red Nightfall along the Alucard
« on: April 17, 2021, 08:27:32 PM »

Message to the Folkerepublik Øst Albion (Private communication)

Our parliamentary group was invited to participate in the "Caravan of Change", which involves NGOs, human rights campaigners, and progressive social movements from several countries, and which will visit several northern and eastern Albion nations during the month of April, including your own.

We would be grateful if a delegation from our parliamentary group were able to meet with representatives of your government, as well as the Marxist-Marcussism Party, as we are highly interested to know from first hand the innovative political system established in the F.O.A. and the advances your people has experienced and led in the last decades.

Your sincerely, brotherly greetings,

Albrekt Thorstvedt, Chairman of the Workers Democratic Party
Workers Democracy parliamentary group
National Assembly, Federal Union of Jugland

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Ni
Re: Red Nightfall along the Alucard
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 11:00:13 PM »

To:- Albrekt Thorstvedt

Greetings comrade!
The Folkerepublik Øst Albion greets you and your people.
We are delighted to have received your request, and will happily set up a meeting.
It is always nice to interact with groups fighting for the worker against overwhelming odds in bourgeoisie nations.
When you arrive in the FØA, we can go ahead with a meeting at your availability, both with the state and the Marxist-Marcussism Party.
Sincerely yours,
Rolf Høgh, Folkets Præsident.

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 12:23:42 AM »

Adalwynda Naess-Schjelderup idly looked at the sea, as their ship was approaching at the coast of Folkerepublik Øst Albion. She was more bored than tired, as they could have some rest, two weeks after the start of their journey in Albion, as they spent three free days in southern Nya Aland - a short break before arriving to F.O.A.

"Is that Copenhagen?", she asked.

"Probably not", Kristjan replied, "considering the course of our ship. However, it must be close".

"It's better we prepare our baggages and documents", Adalwynda said", "it's unclear what they have in mind, so I'd like to rest a bit. Where is Ragnbjorg?".

"I don't know, Ma'am", Kristjan answered. "He wasn't in our cabin when I left a few minutes ago".

"I see", she replied. "I'll take a look".

"I finally found you", Adalwynda said, as she found him right behind the funnel, where there was a stand along a few stools.

"We'll arrive soon, I believe", she continued. "What are you drinking?", she asked, looking at the dark drink that Ragnbjorg was drinking.

"It looks peculiar, isn't it?", Ragnbjorg replied. "It's some kind of salty liquor...I had never heard about such drinks, but they seem very typical of these regions".

"If you say so...It looks like charcoal juice", she replied. "Or one of those awful cough medicine we took when we were children".

"You are too young, comrade", Ragnbjorg added. "In my times our parents give us a small glass of mjedavitt instead".

"That may explain things...", she quietly replied. "When do you have that conference?", she asked.

"Uhm...tomorrow at 6 pm I believe", he replied. "The building is not too far from our hotel, we were told. Will you attend?".

"We'll see", she answered. "It depends how things go in this country. We may have a few busy days".

"As if you had not rest enough in the last days...", he added with a smile.

"Do you think our ancestors sailed through these waters too?", Ragnbjorg added, with a more serious but dreamy tone.

"I do not tend to feel nostalgic about legends", Adalwynda simply replied.

"Are you sure you don't want a drink...?", he asked.

"No, thanks", she quickly replied. "It sounds we're getting closer...Where is Gerlach?".

"Last thing I know was that he was sleeping in his cabin", he answered.

"I'll check if he's awake...", she said. "And I'll prepare to pick my baggage at my cabin. You should do it as well".

"Sure, just in a pair of minutes", he replied as she already started to move away from that area of the deck.

"We arrive!", Gerlach said with a still rather sleepy voice, as the four descended from the ship, setting foot in the East Albion country.

"Have you been here before, Kristjan?", Adalwynda asked as the customs officer was checking their passports.

"Only twice, ma'am", he replied. "Or maybe three times, but it has been more than five years since the last time".

"I see", she added. "Is Odinism a thing here too?", she asked.

"It is, but only a bit", Kristjan answered. "Not like in Nya Aland, certainly".

"That's what I heard...", she replied. "Oh, so this is Copenhagen. It doesn't look too impressive so far".

"Indeed, this country is a smaller country after all", Kristjan explained.

"Let's better call for a taxi", Ragnbjorg said. "They wrote us that they will pick us up at 4 pm from our hotel. I'd rather arrive as soon as possible. I'd like to eat and have a nap before the meeting".

"Indeed", Gerlach added. Adalwynda just looked at Kristjan and shrugged.

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 11:14:37 AM »

Andreas Bak pulled up alongside the platform, the slightly raised area that people who had just left the port on foot would stand on, usually waiting for a taxi.
He looked up, as his cab was approached by a group of three.
"Where to?" he asked, "Solopgang Hotel, yeah I know it."

After they clambered into the back, he took off and started the drive towards the centre of Copenhagen.
"So," he said, making small talk, "What brings you to our lovely lands?"
He idled against a crossing as a stream of bikes crossed the road in front of him.

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 05:11:44 PM »

"We came to your country as we're both attending and participating in several events organized by the local university and social organizations", Kristjan replied to the driver after a pause, as the guests were probably uncertain if sharing a full detail of the reasons behind their visit with a stranger was a safe and wise thing to do.

"Besides that", Adalwynda added, "we have not only curiosity to know this interesting city, but to observe and study your country and society". Kristjan patiently translated her words to the local language.

"We are certainly interested in all those characteristics that certainly makes this nation to stand out from all its neighbors, from a cultural, economic, and political point of view", she added.

"Oh, I should have slept a bit more", meanwhile Gerlach told Ragnbjorg, as he leaned on the car window. "Nevermind, I suppose the hotel shouldn't be far from here", he added, mostly to himself.

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 10:53:51 PM »

"Ah," said Andreas, "International student activism eh? Tried to do that back in the day, but yeah."

He pulled up next to two open gates, leading to a path leading through a park.

"Not allowed to drive down there, but if you walk down that path, turn left at the second bend and keep going, you'll be there in 5 minutes."
He scratched his chin thoughtfully.
"Yeah, really fancy place that. Does good lobster."
He nodded to them as they got out the car, "that'll be 16 Arbejdskredit, if you mind. If you don't have cash on you, I do accept card."

Jørn Jacobsen stood, tapping his foot anxiously as he waited for the guests to arrive. Being a member of Foreign Relations for the party was stressfull at times, and his slight paranoia didn't help. Though they weren't late yet, he always liked things going early. This was no exception, he needed to lead them to their rooms, sort things out with the staff and then, when it was time, go with them to the Party Meeting.

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 10:54:30 PM »

"No problem", Adalwynda replied. "We exchanged some money in the port. Here you have", she added while giving the taxi driver a bit more than the amount he asked for.

"A strange fellow", Gerlach added once the car left.

"Are you sure that's the way?", Ragnbjorg said.

"Yes, I remember there was a park nearby", Kristjan nodded. "Although I'm not entirely sure if it's this area. I don't really remember this district".

"Nevermind", Gerlach replied. "A bit of walking won't do us harm".