Author Topic: The Once and Future Empress's  (Read 1797 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
The Once and Future Empress's
« on: April 18, 2021, 11:06:47 PM »
They'd thought these days were long behind them, but if it wasn't one thing it was another especially when it came to Rokkenjima. Where Beatrice had been unpredictable, questionable, stubborn, foolish and paranoid Evanthe was stable, solid and to use a common phrase a safe pair of hands and with Emerson at her back and her Seaforthian experience there were no real worries there, the unknown variable was what happened when Adriana got on the throne. Would she be closer to her mother or would she be the trusting ally the stalwart rock that people needed her to be. In truth helping prepare Adriana for that task had been part of the reasoning agreed to by the current rulers of Achkaerin and Rokkenjima, Peter and Evanthe to give Adriana the benefit of experience, of learning from someone who had the experience but who would also occupy the throne of Achkaerin while Adriana sat on the Rokkenjiman throne. Naturally that person was Crown Princess Serenity, it was a bit of a weird moment however as Serenity flew into Josai, she'd hoped to have a year to prepare for Adriana but it seemed that despite all the progress that had been made that somehow things still happened and the result was what might be termed an intervention, she'd have been down in Tytor like a shot weeks ago if she hadn't been busy holding the fort while her father had surgery, on that occasion Adriana's comments by tweet had been of concern, now though she was heading off the apparent silliness out of Pyrena.

Finding the Austrana wasn't difficult, the yacht did stick out like a sore thumb, stepping onboard the yacht she sighed as she quickly conversed with Gemma Sanders, the bodyguard assigned to Adriana from the Justicars. Getting a quick update on everything from her end.

"Where is she?" Serenity asked knowing this was a surprise visit, when she was told Serenity walked the distance below decks, this wasn't an announced visit this was a head start with Adriana. She pushed the door of the room open and found a rather surprised Adriana "What on Mundus are you playing at?"

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: The Once and Future Empress's
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 08:22:04 AM »
"Excuse me," Adriana said as she rose from her bed, "but I'm the future Empress of Rokkenjima and I can play at whatever I wish, whenever I wish. You should've seen it though, that boy in the cafeteria, I held everything he was in my hands, and I molded him into the form I desired him to be in. You don't mess with my friends and I made that clear. Is there something wrong with that, protecting your friends and extracting pain from those who bring harm to them? Is there something I need to apologize for? I don't see the need, to be honest. Pat, Phil, whatever his name is, he had it coming and if you were there that'd be apparent to you too."

"Tom and I still have the beaches to hit, and as Duchess of Josai I've already had them cleared due to some inspection rule I learned I could invoke. I know you're going to request us to go back to Tytor but, can it at least wait until after we've enjoyed the beaches? They're only going to be reserved for a day and I don't want dad to take too much heat for my decision if Tom and I can't even have the day I promised. I do think you'll like him, he's witty and charming, and he doesn't fawn over me for being Crown Princess which is a plus. I'm just a normal person to him, so today is my day, and after that's out of the way, we'll play by your rules. I'm keeping the Austrana though, you wouldn't believe what having your own Yacht does for your cred at the Academy."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 06:41:21 PM »
What a spoiled brat the thought played over and over in Serenity's mind as she stood there arms folded unmoved in the face of Adriana's arrogance. She took a deep breath to calm herself before fixing Adriana with the most serious of looks "If Astrid or Lisa talked to me like that they'd be grounded for a month minimum. I'm here digging you, your boyfriend and Pyrena out of a hole that between you and your mothers protocols you've dug yourselves into and haven't stopped digging and you want to behave like a spoiled little brat? That isn't going to wash with me. You were wrong in the cafeteria, you were wrong on Jenka-Jenkinson, you were wrong to have the beaches cleared here and you're wrong even now in the tone you're speaking to me with. Lesson one just because you can do something does not mean that you should." she paused "You want a day at the beach? Fine but not on a deserted beach I've seen the throng of disappointed people who wanted to enjoy them today and they're not happy, besides I'm not going to deny my daughters or my own boyfriend a day out, but you want that day out? My terms are simple start working your way back, what the people think matters so better not to antagonise them. So calm down, get a grip of yourself, call off the inspection, trust Gemma to do her job and let me show you how this is done."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 07:34:03 PM »
Adriana hadn't had a moment to respond when she heard yet more footsteps on the deck before Aunt Evanthe soon joined her and Serenity in the room. "Nice to see you again, even under these circumstances," Evanthe said to Serenity before turning her attention to Adriana. "Having caught the last bit of what Serenity was saying calling off the inspection won't be a matter you need to concern yourself with, your father has already issued the necessary paperwork to see it lifted immediately. I respect that the Crown Princess has come all the way here, as should you, but I'm intrigued as to who authorized you to use my Yacht for pleasure cruises across the Strait. Trust me when I say I'll be having a lengthy discussion with Grand Marshal Rowe as to how any of this was authorized."

"That being said," she paused, "no doubt you see where your mother is today and do you know why that is? Health issues aside one cannot simply act without consequence doing as they please. I've put my life on hold to prepare you for the Throne, but if you think I'm going to step aside and allow you to ascend acting like this you've got another thing coming. I've got the Imperial Concorde on standby at Arovium International for your return to the Kingdom. I'll be taking the long way back to Azukishima aboard the Austrana. I trust you've everything else in hand?" Evanthe said as she returned her attention to Serenity.

Pausing at the door Evanthe turned around, "I trust you won't give Serenity any issues, yes? Because if you should I'm overdue for some catching up with Princess Freya and I'm certain she may have some ideas as to what to do with a Princess who's grown bratty, running amok and bringing disgrace to her Family and the Throne she's to one day inherit. Are we absolutely clear?" Adriana meekly nodded, thankful that Thomas wasn't present to witness this display. As Evanthe walked away Adriana sighed, "I'm sorry, maybe I wasn't thinking, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. The guy in the cafeteria was a jerk though and hurt my friend, seemed right to make him apologize and show him acting like that isn't how you treat people."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 07:56:03 PM »
"Oh trust me I've got enough people on speed dial that Adriana's not going to want to cause trouble." Serenity said before turning back to Adriana "I don't care how much of a jerk the guy cafeteria was, yes he should apologise and yes he needs to be shown acting like that is inappropriate but that isn't your job, that's Gemma's job you're supposed to be keeping your head down not attracting attention." she paused "Ten minutes and we'll hit the beach."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 02:48:09 AM »
"Yes, ma'am," came her response. "Should I gather Thomas for this?" she asked, mostly meekly.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2021, 11:54:19 PM »
"If you want to." Serenity said "Remember this is mostly you and me today, but some of it does concern him. I'll let you get changed if that's what you're going to do." she left the room and let out a breath, she needed to get changed herself she hadn't planned on a day at the beach with Adriana, she'd promised her daughters a day at the beach and wasn't about to disappoint her girls. The good news at least was that Adriana wasn't as entrenched as her mother...yet, Serenity subconsciously felt her right fist, she could still somewhat feel the impact of it against the podium at the Palace of Nations that had been a day that had defined an awful lot. She looked at Gemma "Got a spare room I can borrow for a few minutes?"

"Yeah." Gemma said "Sooner you're changed the sooner Evanthe can get this yacht out of here."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2021, 02:50:16 AM »
Adriana nodded at the mention of getting changed, a message which she was certain Serenity picked up upon. Following a change of attire more appropriate for the occasion, though wearing a robe whilst aboard the Austrana, she went to fetch Thomas.

"You know before we go," she said as she put her arm across the doorway, "I'm sorry, the way in which I acted it was no better than how Phil treated you. You meet one wrong with another wrong and where does that get anyone? I waived my birthright in front of him and acted like the stereotypical bratty Princess, and that's not who I am. So why don't we start over, following the incident in the cafeteria that is?"

After their conversation had finished Adriana and Thomas had rejoined with Serenity, while Evanthe met them as they disembarked the Austrana, though she had a familiar face at her side. "The Imperial Concorde stands ready to take you back to the Kingdom once you're done here," she said, "Your saving grace here is that I could quickly fix the situation before it became more of an issue. You're better than the behaviour you've displayed lately, I expect you to prove that moving into the future. Now if you'll excuse me, I've invited Count Emerson to join me as we take the Austrana home. Be good," she said in a more gentle tone joined with a smile.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2021, 08:51:36 PM »
Anyone who knew Serenity would probably be surprised to see her attired as she now was a red bikini style bathing suit was covered by a pale blue t-shirt and a pair of white shorts and she had her sunglasses perched on her forehead. Once they'd disembarked she and Adriana wound their way to the beach that was beginning to throng with people. Waiting for Serenity were her two daughters the five year old Astrid and the seven year old Lisa both of them kitted out for a day at the beach and of course there was Serenity's boyfriend James Chase, they hadn't been on any official duties as a couple yet but it was likely only a matter of time until that happened. James wore a pair of dark blue swim shorts and a white short sleeved shirt that he wore completely open.

"You picked a spot?" Serenity asked
"Yep." James said "Nice amount of shade, good view of the beach, plenty of space for the girls..."
"Sold." Serenity said she glanced at Adriana as they made their way to where James had effectively pitched camp "That's James and you know my girls."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2021, 01:50:20 AM »
"Mhm," Adriana replied, "hello James." She was still feeling rather uncomfortable though being outside helped somewhat. "So what should we do first?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2021, 07:21:21 PM »
Gemma and Kitty, the two Justicars, the two bodyguards weren't taking it easy but they were relaxed enough they knew the score with this sort of thing it was commonplace among Achkaerinese Royals, the walkabout so to speak the maxim of serving the people, the group made their way towards the spot James had set up camp at, every so often they'd get stopped some by people recognising the two Princess's some by sports fans who knew who James was, not that it mattered much Serenity was well versed in this she took the time to talk to each person that stopped them to the point where what would probably have been a quick two minute walk in fact became half an hour of chat, laughter and photographs plus of course James signing a few autographs, eventually though they got over to where James had pitched camp and began to relax.

"Here." James said handing Serenity a book before taking the two girls off for a paddle
"Thanks." Serenity said she looked at Adriana it was time to get serious "You look like someone who's not used to this."