Author Topic: To be an Emperor  (Read 2003 times)

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
To be an Emperor
« on: September 08, 2017, 08:22:01 PM »
Empire of Neu Uburzis, Neu Uburzis City, 1.8.2017

Orion had not been able to Sleep much that night, too many things ran through his mind from the past days. He had walked between Kings and Queens, a Child had been killed because it had similar features to him and most important to him, the Summer camp was beginning.

The idea of having to spent half of the Holidays with children he did not know crawling through mud didn't really raise his mood. His Parents, his Siblings. Dead, and to keep up the pretense he couldn't stay at the Palace and spent time with Albrecht. He hated being the Emperor already.
It was too late for his Nephews and Nieces to be up, so he shuffled across the Kitchen making himself some last snack. Albrecht was already waiting for him, sipping hot coffee:
"Are you ready for the Trip?" A smile crossed Orion's face, he really liked Albrecht. "I would prefer to get to bed already. It's almost Midnight." Orion proclaimed, munching on some Oat cereals. Albrecht kept sipping from his cup before stretching himself: "I'll be driving with you. We will drop you off about Fifty Meters around a corner, so it shouldn't be a Problem."

An hour later they had arrived at the Bus Station, with hundreds of children buzzing around the perimeter. The young Emperor had slipped out of the car quietly and grabbed his backpack, sneaking himself a good bye hug from his cousin. The instructions where always clear to participants, no more than a standard Backpack of Luggage allowed, clothing was Provided on Camp side. He was Olaf again, the boy with Parents to Busy to visit him at School, yet so strict they didn't allow him to use Social Media on his own until he was Thirteen. At least Olaf still had parents.
Slithering across the masses he almost was invisible, how would they react when they knew he was their Leader? They believed him to be a huge, strong Demigod, when in reality he was the whimsy small kid next to them.
"Olaf, over here!" two older boys from his school had spotted him dragging him into a larger crowd surrounding a kid named Arthur. Orion remembered him, he was a child actor who used to be on many TV shows when he was about eight, but only starred in small TV spots since he was admitted into the Academy. "Let's get some shots of your First Camp Trip Olaf!" The upperclassmen shouted, taking several pictures with Orion, before Arthur grabbed Orion by his arm, dragging him into the middle of the crowd taking Pictures of him: "And here he is, all shy and trying not to get seen, but man! Olaf here spent a whole Afternoon with Kings and Queens, and even Danced with an Ambassador from East Moreland!"

Orion's face turned deep red as everyone started to take pictures on their Cameras with him, maybe it was for the best after all he wasn't the Emperor, or he would have this kind of Fuzz made all of the time around him. Much to Orion's annoyance, Arthur had been putting his hand upon Orion's shoulder, keeping him close as they where lead in groups to the waiting buses. Signing in with the Driver, Orion decided it wasn't worth fighting against him as they both didn't know where they where going anyway. Getting their Luggage stored Orion was ready to put his sleeping googles on as Arthur had seated himself next to him: "You have to tell me all about Queen Viktorya." the older boy hushed into his ear as the Engines started to roar, driving them off to places unknown: "She is so cute, and i heard the Queens always have children with different men. Do you think when i am older and more famous...."
But Orion didn't Listen. He had been tucked away by the alluring call of Sleep.

Day 0, Journal of Arthur Lindwurm:
Dear Diary, we are off to a good start. I don't think Orion has any clue we figured him out weeks ago. We got a little Secret Club in the Academy for those who did, and managed to get Pictures with him under pretense today. If any of the Teachers would find out we get our hides tanned until we are bleeding, but i think it's worth the risk. The camp is off to a Great Success. And maybe he actually can tell me something about the Queen of Lodja. Maybe when i am older and she is still cute.

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
Re: To be an Emperor
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 07:44:00 PM »
Empire of Neu Uburzis, somewhere near the Mountains in a Restricted Forest Area, 4.8.2017

Day 3, Journal of Arthur Lindwurm:

Did not write to much these last days, strict training and educational plan until the actual Battle Happens. Talking about it, we ended up in the most boring of all Camps. A siege no one ever Wins, and we are the Besieged. Since i did the whole Procedure 3 Times over before, i was spending time keeping an Eye on Orion. He was so eager, scribbling Notes the whole Time and even making a map of the Camp Area. Wouldn't stop talking about painting and drawing the whole march. Since he is one of the youngest, he probably won't see much action though. I think the Commander will probably set him up for the Supply Unit.

Day 3, Journal of "Olaf":

Training isn't so hard. I'm used to early morning routines so while the others complain i just get it done. I even had some Time to make a map of the Area, can't wait to see where the commander will assign me. I really hope i get scout Duty, they get the most out of the camp and wander around. I am small, can climb well, and have Basic training so come on! Pick me! I am a bit concerned as to why Arthur is still trailing me like.

-------------------------------------------

Orion closed his journal before taking a deep breath. It was already past bed Time but he sneaked along the Fort's Barack to get to the older boys, sneaking up behind Arthur before tipping him on the shoulder, crossing his arms: "You know who i am, don't you."

Arthur hit his head, muffling his curses as he turned around from the sneaky Emperor creeping up to him: "Yeah. Orion." was his reply before shoving the Intruder out of sight from the Others: "And you are getting yourself in Trouble if you are found out of bed."
The two sat silently starring at each other before Orion spoke again: "So, for how long?"
"Two years, actually." Arthur responded, his shoulders hanging low: "See, this is a hard for me to admit, but. You in a way are the reason i am Stuck in Military School." taking out his Dog Tags, every child had a pair complete with GPS Trackers for the camp, and showed him the Backside. A pair of Handcuffs was engraved. Orion looked down: "So what do i have to do with this?" he wasn't sure how to feel about the situation at this point. His stomach felt as if he ate a stone for having asked, but also he was also angry that he got blamed. Arthur apparently was a Convict, that was what the Students where called that had been sentenced to enroll into the Military Academies. "I took a picture of you by accident when i was invited into the Palace. It was a celebration where the Actors from *The three Exclamation Marks* all got to Tour the Palace. I didn't at first realize you where in it, he. You actually got slapped right in the Shot by your Mother."
Orion shuddered, but gestured for Arthur to continue: "Well, i shared the picture with my Friends over Social Media. I don't have to explain to you."
"I haven't been told!" Orion growled, he understood it was shitty, but it wasn't his Mistake! Arthur waved him off and Gestured him to calm down:
"I know. And i don't blame you, it still is shitty. Besides there's a ton of People at school form the older classes having Figured it out. The Circumstances just match to well." He still remembered the guilty plea his Mother had pushed him to submit. Saying it was better as this way he wasn't publicly punished. He still had scars from the lashing. Shaking his head: "I honestly don't want to be in your shoes Orion, but since i know who you are, and there's enough people in school that do, too, i have to stick around and make sure nothing happens. Consider me your Knight for now. If you want to, or not."
Orion groaned, peeking for the Camp guard to make his round: "Does it have to be a Knight? those pesky..." Yet Arthur cut him off mid sentence: "I do not talk about one of those troublemakers, that are anything but Knightly. I talk about the Ideal warrior, who fights for honesty, loyalty and his Empire."
"Fine" Orion waved off as he got ready to hurry back to his bedroll: "You are a squire then, i am not going to Knight you."

Sneaking off back to the Bedroll, Orion was greeted by a Camp guardian and a loud noise waking several other children up as he whimpered from surprise and pain. Sliding back into Bed as he rubbed his cheek.

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 11:32:12 PM »
Empire of Neu Uburzis, somewhere near the Mountains in a Restricted Forest Area, 7.8.2017

Orion leaned onto a wall as he panted heavy, next to him some other kid belched the inside of his stomach out. Orion patted him on the shoulder: "Don't worry, that's normal. We Academy Cadets are used to it by now." Standing up and walking over, he shook his head. If he hadn't been caught sneaking out after Bedtime he wouldn't even have to join them, but this had been his punishment.
Shuffling back to the forts center, he met up with Arthur, awaiting the announcement of this years commander along with the assignment of roles: "We saw a bunch of girls marching in the Distance" he announced, turning his head to Arthur: "So we are fighting against a girl camp."
The annoyed groan was answer enough, as a single teen stepped up to the balcony of the command center:

"I am Benjamin Drechsler, and i am this years commander." he looked down onto the group, seeing several other teens hanging their shoulders low, as they had lost their last chance to become a camp commander. "From tomorrow morning on, we are on our own for the next two weeks. Our storage is stocked with milk and potatoes, everything else we have to get from the supply point. If we are cut off, get used to eat mash. Our priority is to get more stockpiles before the attackers can siege us completely."
He waited for a moment, and as everyone was still listening, the new commander nodded: "David Ackermann." He pointed to one of the dissapointed elders: "You are in charge of our defense Troops, i have a list of recommendations. Dominik Bäcker, you are the chef of Supply. The barracks, using the ingredients, cleaning the Fort, Cooking. Your job is to keep it running. Arthur Lindwurm." Even the faintest murmur had stopped, as most had't eve realized yet they where in camp with one of the Empires more famous child actors: "You will be in charge of the Scout Groups."

Day 7, Journal of Arthur Lindwurm:

I just had to be put on a Pedestal. I don't know why he picked me, but i think he just wants someone so he gets volunteers. No one wants to be in the scouting teams, as it means you get trashed up a lot by the enemy in the siege scenario. No one likes getting beaten up by girls. Hard to get home and tell your friends you got a scar from having been caught spying on girls.

Day 7, Journal of "Olaf":

Great. I got stuck into the supply unit, and if that wasn't enough. The kitchen and facility group. Technically all the twelve year old are. I need to get into Arthur's group. They at least get out of the fort.

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 11:11:45 PM »
Empire of Neu Uburzis, somewhere near the Mountains in a Restricted Forest Area, 10.8.2017

Orion wasn't in the mood to write into his Diary as he went to the Barracks, peeling potatoes for the last three days wasn't exactly how he wanted to spent his most likely only camp. throwing off his shoes and putting his hand behind his head, he only heard the whimpers of yet another unsuccessful scout group returning. Each and every one of Arthur's team's had been captured on their mission to get supplies so far, even without the enemy having completely circled their camp. In fact it seemed they assaulted the front of the keep with small forces even stronger every day. Slowly but steadily already draining the Defenders morale. The shouting at the command center was audible, with Arthur's and  Dominik's  arguing echoing far beyond the fort walls. Benjamin simply throwing them both out telling them to rethink strategy the next day.

Disillusioned Arthur kicked against a wall and slumped down, sitting sobbing in a corner as he watched his beaten up troops getting treated. Orion made his way to him: "Hey." Orion didn't really know what to say, everyone at camp except for Benjamin and his Troops blamed Arthur for the Disaster.

"I can't protect them."
Arthur whimpered, shaking his head not even looking up: "Every path we took, they knew. Every single time they ambushed us and got us caught. Not only that but they trail us only after we got the supplies." Punching the floor he yelped, hurting his hand more than his blue and green body already was. "And we can't figure out why, we don't have someone from camp telling them, we checked twice yesterday."
Orion decided to just listen, he knew it always helped him when Albrecht was. "I just don't want my command to be remembered as the first who got the Defenders to loose. I don't want to put that on their shoulders, and i don't want to put that on yours."

"Did you try to get supplies at night yet?" Orion yawned, rubbing his eyes as he got himself seated next to Arthur, looking at moon.

Arthur shook his head slowly: "Torches would give us away for kilometers in advance." As he stared up in the sky, he groaned: "I am such an idiot. Do you have the map still?" Orion nodded, and as he pointed to the sleeping bag, Arthur sprinted over, grabbed the map, and ran back up to the command center.

Orion guessed the trip had taken them at least four hours, sitting in the treetop he glared off to the slowly dawning sun: "Nothing yet" he replied, keeping an eye open: "Keep on moving."

"Stay for a moment. We will get going" Arthur replied from down at the bottom. Thanks to Orion's crude map they had been able to make a way through a small cleared trench at night, so far undisturbed by the enemy. Against all odds it seemed they had not set up any patrols at night, worrying him for the coming sunset.

It was then that Orion heard the noise, like a buzzing bee, before hearing someone scream in the distance.
"RUN" he yelled down, trying to descend as the others started moving for the last stretch as fast as they could. Orion cursed as he struggled finding his path down, and kept yelling: "Move!"

Arthur stayed, patting the boys on their back: "I'll stay behind, get the supplies." before running a different Direction from Orion, making as much noise as possible.

Orion was hanging heads down by now, his dog tags falling of as he tried to untie himself from the rope he got himself caught in. It still took the girls advance force about ten minutes to reach him, as the buzzing noise had resumed, the girls where scouring the area: "He should be near!" one yelled, as they dragged a gagged and punched up Arthur behind them.

The troop searched for at least another half an hour before finding the dog tags, and the yelling one reached them together with the others groups: "WHY DIDN'T YOU CHASE THE CARGO!" a girl about Arthur's age yelled, slapping the younger one s hard she fell to the ground, while Orion mused in his peculiar situation that these where supposedly the same people that spotted them every time, and caught up with ease, not even taking a peek upwards into the trees.

"When is the only time these things fall off?" the older girl asked around, her boot on the younger keeping her down: "Either when it#s taken off..." she said, before without looking upwards pointed her finger towards Orion: "Or when someone is holding his head the wrong direction."
The girl scouts yelped, as they only now saw Orion helplessly hanging in the air where he had been the whole time: "All of you can expect to get punished!"

It did not take long for Orion to get taken down by the other group, and even though he surrendered, they started punching several times. Spitting blood even he coughed shaking his head: "You know this is against the rules!" he hissed, before getting kicked and rolled over:

"So what?" the oldest of the bunch proclaimed, sneering: "As long as you don't want to go around telling that the girls had you beaten, what do you want to do? If we where boys, yes, then you would be able to complain without loosing face. but we aren't."

Leaving Orion and Arthur behind, the group departed as the two made their way back, limping. Arthur groaned and cried from pain, yet he still carried Orion for the last part, as they collapsed in their fort. None of the two caring for the cheer they received.

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 03:06:37 AM »
Empire of Neu Uburzis, somewhere near the Mountains in a Restricted Forest Area, 17.8.2017

It was close to Midnight when Orion approached the enemy camp together with Arthur. Laying in Bushes uphill the two glared over the patrolling enemy:

"We need proof that they are cheating. Else we are screwed." Arthur whispered, closely inspecting their surroundings for signs of movement.

"So either we find their drone that they use to spy on us, or they will overrun our weakened defense." Orion replied, exhaling slowly as he shook his head: "We didn't manage to get a second supply through."

"But thanks to you, we know what to look for." Arthur replied, his eyes locked onto the enemy camp.

"I still don't get how you get that they have a drone from me hearing a buzzing noise." Orion whispered in hushed voice, seemingly nervous as he stared downwards.

"It's simply all together, they didn't have access during nighttime, so it had to be something optical that they couldn't use in the dark. It has to be mobile or they would have not been able to get us in all the different positions, and it had to be overhead to see us at all. In the end your buzzing noise is just the last part that made the picture clear. now we need proof."

Orion shivered at the thought of the last trashing he got, it's not like he didn't get a tanned hide before, but these enemies really had intended to hurt him, violating the rules of dropping of captured enemies. Yet they had a point. Without proof of cheating it was pointless to complain about getting beaten up by girls. Crawling down the slope below some bushes they nervously eyed the passing patrol. His mind was spiraling with thoughts, would be the emperor be like this? constantly fighting, an enemy around every corner? His mother had after all been murdered by the people close to her, a random boy was slaughtered just to send him a message.

"Focus" hissed Arthur as they approached the camp, Arthur shook his head, pointing his finger to his lips. The next patrol approaching as they both glared for an opening, Arthur shook his head: "Your turn" he whispered, a bitter smile on his lips, before running out of of cover and approaching the camp a tad to obvious, gathering attention to himself and started to run, with a dozen girls chasing after him.

Orion shivered as he sprinted towards their camp, he knew he didn't have much time before other groups would be awake and the patrol returned. unlike their fort they didn't have large walls supporting them, in fact, they didn't build any defense so far. Biting his lips he was annoyed by the fact they could have been overrun in a single push would they have been able to scout this out earlier. Everything that they actually had was the fact they kept information from his own team by means of cheating. Crawling behind some tents he approached the main tent, before he could hear it. A shouting match between the girl leading the enemy scout groups and their commander:

"If i catch you hitting one of our soldiers another time..." he heard their commander yelling, while Orion kept crawling closer to their command center behind some sleeping tents.

"So what if you do? Thanks to me and my scout work we even have this advantage over them, they don't even have a clue you literally have no defense at our own camp. if not for me they could just waltz over us!"

Orion heard a door being slammed in the only solid building he could spot, figuring it was their command center and ration storage.

"Barbara Anselm! Stay here we are not done talking!"

So that was the name of that little cheater? Didn't matter, he needed proof. He watched Barbara get to her tent, before storming out as the alarms had finally been sounded. Orion cursed his luck, they either caught Arthur or he made an escape, what ever the case, he was running out of time.
In a flash of confidence he slipped into Barbara's tent while everyone was still getting set up and lit torches. It hit him right away, this girl didn't even remotely try to conceal it. She was so full of herself the drone was sitting right on a small table together with the remote control.
Orion just grabbed it and started running, it took the girls a moment to realize someone was in the middle of their base already, as Orion was running for his life. several thrown objects where being hurled his way, yet the daily PE obstacle courses gave him an edge. hurling himself over a kart he managed to duck just in time as a giant club was hurled towards his face hitting and shattering the drone he had held up high in defense instead.

Orion kept running on, cursing that it was more than against the rules to try and hit someone with a fucking club to the face, as he clutched the shattered remains in hand. It took him a moment to realize no one was following him.
Turning around he tilted his head realizing there now was a massive fight inside the girls camp going on, allowing him to catch his breath before vanishing into the dark of the forest, making his way slowly back to camp. he pushed the pieces of the drone into his pockets hurrying along the way, victory in his mind as he celebrated his successful mission.

To his surprise he ran into Patrolling soldiers from the military, stopping as he looked up to them, he waved them over before realizing they held someone at gunpoint. Arthur wanted to warn him, even tried to speak before Orion just felt an electric surge through his body, everything going numb afterwards.

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 01:04:05 AM »
Empire of Neu Uburzis, somewhere, 18.8.2017

"Olaf, wake up!"
Orion felt someone poking his shoulder, before with hazy sight and a throbbing headache he slowly woke up from the drugging he had received. Arthur was leaning over him, a few more bruises in his face than last time:

"By the Divine, i am glad you are awake!" he said, hugging Orion hard enough that the little Emperor felt like grasping for air. His Vision was still blurry as Arthur helped him to lean against a cold damp hard structure: "They picked you up last. A total of Five people from our team got Kidnapped" Arthur explained, as Orion still tried to get his head together. "All of us where Part of the Scout Team, from what we overheard, they picked us one by one. Took the Dog Tags and where in one hell of a hurry to get away."

"Where are we." Orion muttered, closing his eyes again as he still felt awfully sleepy.

"Nordberg Priory of the Trinity Order." Arthur replied, sliding down sitting next to Orion.

"How do you know?" Orion blinked, finally starting to see. the room was an arched cellar, with half ruined pillars in the middle. Turning his head towards Arthur he saw that silently tears had been running down the boys face. Three others where sitting at the bottom of a pillar, not looking up.

"I have been here before." Arthur replied, whipping the tears from his face: "Remember that i said i was in the three Exclamation Marks movie? We filmed here." pointing to a pile of rubble at the back of the room: "That collapsed while we filmed. This ruin is in the Trinity Orders possession, but should have been abandoned. at least it was last time i checked. It's several miles from the city and without permission no one is allowed to enter."

Orion only started to grasp his situation shaking his head: "So, since you have been calling me by my first name..."

Arthur nodded as reply: "Yeah, they have no clue." before slamming his fist on the ground: "That's not how Knights are supposed to act!" he grunted, tears flowing again.

"Shut it or they will hear and give you another beating like before" one of the other scouts said, shaking his head: "What even is the deal? I mean they will figure fast enough that we have been kidnapped, and get us out. there's no way it wasn't noticed. Who cares that it's apparently the Knightly Order of Trinity? They didn't have any real influence in years."

Arthur shook his head: "They took the Dog tags, and it won't be until midday that anyone will start searching for us. So it wont be before six hours before..."

Orion shook his head: "They already are searching. as soon as my tag is off radar or not moving for a long period of time outside of camp."

Looking over his head he blinked twice: "Those probably are blocking any Signal?"

Arthur nodded slowly, standing up: "We never got a signal for the Wireless Equipment down here, it bugged the hell out of the Director."

"The Van they brought us in here was packed with a jammer." one of the other kids said: "I heard them complain about it on the whole trip."

Orion leaned back, shaking his head: "We need a window or something."

Just as the door crashed open, and three men with guns, and a woman with a leather whip walked in: "You five are Squires of the Trinity Order now. Disobey, and the whip awaits you. Follow our orders, and you might get a bed tonight."

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 03:59:50 PM »
Empire of Neu Uburzis, Nordberg Priory Ruins, 18.8.2017, evening

Their hands, arms and feet had been covered in marks through the day. By now Orion had figured they where facing a rouge Group from the Trinity Order. During their lessons, really it was beatings where in between they where forced to first listen to Prayers and the Orders own commitments, while after falsely reciting them they got canned some more. Orion counted himself lucky, his additional historical curriculum as Emperor had given him enough information on the Order to avoid half of the beatings. Arthur on the other hand had defied they captors throughout the whole ordeal. Whenever he was reciting, he repeated the Oath of a famous TV Series. He had been part of it himself, as the Knights illegitimate Son, and apparently obsessed with Knighthood ever since. These people trampling on his Dreams seemingly had him fighting with teeth and claws against until they would break him completely.

"Keep them locked up until tomorrow, if they keep on defying we will make an example out of that oldest one." the oldest of their Captors had been saying, as they had locked the cellar again. The Group hurled together around a single candle.

"So they goal is to break us into following their ordeal?" Hans said, the youngest of the whole group, shivering sightly.

"By now they should have realized in what corner they had maneuvered themselves." Orion added, shaking his head slowly: "The whole country is probably already scouring for us. Just someone from inside the camp must have helped them."

Arthur was gripping to keep himself up, his face green and blue: "I agree, the Locating signal from the Dog tags alone can not have been enough. They had to be fast to even grab us, probably only one or two minutes before the military would have caught their intrusion."

"Does that matter though?" Bertram, only a couple months older than Orion asked: "We are stuck here, and who knows what they will do, if we don't get out."

Heinrich, second oldest to only Arthur in this group, glared up to both of them: "Can i ask you two something. I can tell somethings odd. You two have been talking about us being kidnapped being a huge deal. Or shall i say, Olaf in particular?"

Arthur and Orion exchanged glances, before shaking their heads: "Well. Feel graced by the presence of your Emperor." Arthur cynically replied, shaking his head slowly.
"I did not ask for this!" Orion barked, anger and sadness in his eyes: "Almost all of my Family is dead! I got put on a pedestal i didn't ask for and everyone and their mother is trying to force their will on me! Aside from Albrecht no one even cares what i think, want or feel!" Standing up and grabbing a stone, he threw it at the pile of rubble breathing heavily: "I am as much a puppet and forced into being someone i just not am at home than i am here!"

Hans jumped up and pounced on Orion, though he was in a bad Position, without much effort Orion kicked him off balance and send him onto his back. Bertram then joined and landed a punch in Orion's stomach, resulting in a punch to his own face. As he tumbled backwards Arthur stood up, backhanding Heinrich before he joined the fight, and walking over to Orion and slapping him across his face as well.
"Snap out of it!" he yelled, glaring angry at everyone around, before their guards crashed in, mercilessly beating Arthur down.

"Behave yourselves!" they barked: "Or tomorrow we will only deal with for of you, was that clear?"

It took a few minutes of glaring between them before Arthur sighed: "Sorry."

Orion shook his head: "Don't be. You are right. if we don't keep it together they will either break or kill us all."

"So." Bertram spoke again, with everyone else being silent: "What was your plan should we get out of here?" in a hushed voice, glaring at the entrance.

"I have a second GPS transmitter on me." Orion said, with everyone else getting big eyes: "It's sewed into the side of my boots. Just in case anyone would know about the ones in the dog tags."
Arthur leaned back , glaring at the distance for a while while sighing.
"I think we have one shot. but it's risky." Pointing to the collapsed wall behind them: "There's a way out behind. I don't think they realize i know the Priory's layout. It's been some years since i have been on TV."
"Thanks to me" Orion added, his shoulders hanging low. he didn't really have much time to talk with Arthur about feeling sorry, but when should he heave? So much had been happening.
"That's not the point, but we only have one chance." Arthur said: "If they notice us digging through the rubble it's probably to late. And one of us will pay for it. You heard them."
Orion shook his head: "Then that's not a plan at all."
Arthur padded him on the Shoulder: "Right now, maybe i am the only one thinking that way, but if the Country finds out you are Kidnapped it will be much more of a Problem."

Several minutes later, they started digging in the dead angle from the cellar door, at least two of them always staying in sight of the guards. Hans hissed suddenly, blood running from his hand as he had been gripping a rusty sword stuck in the dirt. Arthur went over and pulled it from the pile, a sad smile on his face while Bertram held Hans Mouth shut covering the wound with his own Shirt.
"That was the Prob for the film back then. They Villain used it to scare people as false Ghost Knight." Arthur said, turning to Orion.
"Would you do me a favor? i mean any of us could be dead tomorrow."
He took a deep Breath, getting down on his knee and held the rusty Prop sword out to Orion: "Would you mind making me a Knight?"

Orion was shaking in his Boots. Literally no Emperor had ever actually granted Knighthood. Ever since the Empire it was considered an overhauled ideal, a child's play at best, and the Faith of Outcasts like the Trinity Order at worst ever since they had stood against Konrad the third.
Starring to the teenager at his feet, Orion trembled, slowly nodding. The other three decided to keep digging instead, shaking their head.

"I pledge myself to defend the defenseless..." Arthur started to recite the same oath from his Favorite TV Knight again:
"to aid those in need, and to never back down from the call of Duty.
I call forth the blessing of Bravery, may the Divine Aspect lead my hand.
I pledge myself to Orion the First, Emperor of Neu Uburzis."

Orion sighed, raising the blade and laying it onto each of Arthur's shoulders, before answering:
"Rise, Sir Arthur Lindwurm. First Knight of the Realm."

A loud noise commenced, the other three had opened up a gap in the rubble behind them by pushing down a boulder, though the horror of the loud noise made all of them freeze in an instant.  Arthur grabbed the sword from Orions hand pushing him towards the Rubble:
"GO!" he barked, as the other four started crawling through, Arthur pushed against the door. Keeping it shut for as long as he could. Orion glimpsed them slowly pushing it open as he finally made it through, grabbing Arthur in the process.
The others grabbed Orion and together made their way to the outside walls of the Priory, horrified as they heard Arthur's screams echoing behind. All of them ran, into the woods.
The third to be caught again was Hans, screaming and whimpering as the beating he received was audible even for the ones ahead.
Bertram was caught several minutes later, he had been pushing a different direction than Orion, into an open glade where he was easy to catch for his pursuers.

Orion and Heinrich reached a road, their guess was they had been running for at least twenty minutes at this point, hearing at least two pairs of boots still close behind them.
They heard a loud noise over them, a helicopter. Just as their Pursuers closed in on them, a Spotlight illuminated the Road, their kidnappers now the pursued, turned heels as the Helicopter touched down.

It took another ten Minutes for Police and Military to show up with ground vehicles, while Orion had been staying in the back of a Van, exhausted. Heinrich had fallen asleep as he had been given relaxation Medication against the shock, but Orion refused. He needed to know how the other three where doing. Only has he saw several police men with face pale as a ghost he decided to hop out of the van. They where parked in the center court of the Priory ruins.
Bertram and Hans where carried on Stretchers, medicated and sedated from their injuries. Several Kidnappers had been caught, others escaped into the dead of night, none dead.

Arthur was there as well. Hanging on a rope from a balcony.  His eyes milky as the dead boy was being rocked by the winds. Orion picked up the sword he had been knighting Arthur with, laying bloodstained below the corpse, proving he was fighting until overwhelmed. Orion started screaming as he grabbed the sword, falling onto his knees. Not again, just not again. Again someone died. It was just wrong. The policemen quickly dragged Orion back, though unable to pry the sword from his hands.

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 06:18:44 PM »
Epilogue

Orion did not talk much with the police after what had happened, he and the other 3 where sharing a hospital room awaiting their relatives to arrive.
He stayed silent when their parents where visiting, and so did the other three. The shock had been to deep, and only Albrecht's appearance made it obvious that Olaf was in fact Orion. The fact he had been Knighting Arthur was kept under a rug, too soon, Albrecht said, while a Nationwide arrest warrant for the remaining kidnappers had started.

As for the camp itself, while the Girls team had been in process of surrendering due to finding out their scouts had been cheating with the drone, it was aborted altogether when the kidnapping had been noticed. Barbara Anselm was arrested in assisting the Trinity Order, as she had been the one sending them Data on the Military Defense of the Area all along.

Arthur's corpse had been recovered, his parent's informed. Orion later stood vigil for one night over his body, against Albrecht's counseling, but the Lindwurms had accepted the request.