Author Topic: Lakhzov Presidential Advisory Group Meetings  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
Lakhzov Presidential Advisory Group Meetings
« on: September 09, 2017, 11:22:12 PM »
Presidential Advisory Group Meetings

Meeting in the Presidential Palace, the Presidential Advisory Group (PAG) is Lakhzovia's equivalent of a Cabinet Meeting.
Here you can find snippets of those meetings.

Meeting of the Electoral Committee

Kadassa was pleased, and given how things had been going lately this was an unusual state of emotion. He had, at the request of the Chair of the Electoral Committee agreed to hold an impromptu meeting with them and was glad that he had done so. Far from being another frustrating presentation on possible boundary reforms for a planned re-run of the election that would tip the balance in his favour, this meeting had delivered the news to him that since the Shanata Party's proscription the balance of votes now meant that the Lakhzov National Congress Party in combination with its sister Axicz Congress Party actually formed a majority, albeit a slim one, in the Senate.

Better news still was that having seen the reprisals against the Democratic Alliance the Axicz Progressive Party was disinclined to form any potential electoral alliance with the DA. Initial discussions with them had proved promising with the party willing to support the LNC's legislative agenda in exchange for their key demands being met, i.e. the redrawing of the provincial borders to attach the west Axicz Plateau to rest of the Axicz homeland and the separation of the now united Axicz Plateau into a new province of its own according to the historical boundaries of the Axicz lands.

Doing so, Kadassa had been guaranteed, would bolster support for his government among the Axicz and signal to Mundus that his government not only cares for the concerns of Lakhzovia's ethnic minorities, but is also prepared to make reasonable compromises to accommodate them.

"This is agreed then." said Kadassa smiling for the first time in weeks "We will announce the results of the election in the morning."

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
Re: Lakhzov Presidential Advisory Group Meetings
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 08:19:26 PM »
Kadassa had been furious when he had called for Shalmi Meira to come to an emergency meeting with him. She had arrived and settled herself down looking far too cool and confident for his liking, it implied she did not fear him sufficiently, something that was apparently growing more common these days.

"Have you seen today's paper?" he asked angrily.

"There is a lot of news, what specifically am I meant to have seen?" she asked glibly. Kadassa threw the paper which had been folded to the article in question at her.

"THAT." he sputtered

"Ah I see. Yes I was rather surprised that had been allowed past the state censor." she said picking it up casually, her apparent lack of concern irritating him further.

"I don't see why you are so calm, you know that this is amounts to an attack on my authority and at a time like this, who does he think he is? He's clearly trying to make a bid for power." he said.

"Yes as I recall I did publicly condemn him, I think that should be enough of a warning to him..."

"Enough of a warning?" interrupted Kadassa "I don't want him warned, I want him gone. Permanently."

"I understand Mr President. I'll put the Prefecture on to it, I presume you want it to look like an accident?" Kadassa considered this for a minute before answering.

"No, I think it is time to put some more pressure on the ULO and win us some political capital for our negotiations, at the very least provide ourselves with a way out of that whole mess that gives us a legitimate reason to walk away. I want this to look like an Utman assassination."

"Understood." she said as she rose and left. Having closed the heavy door to the President's Office behind her she exhaled, his request while possible would be difficult to pull off effectively. She removed her encrypted cell phone and placed a call as she strode down the corridor "Derak, tell me. Do we have any ULO on ice from the crackdown?"