Author Topic: Matariki 2017  (Read 8711 times)

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
Re: Matariki 2017
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2017, 12:03:56 AM »
Julian exhaled as he leaned back, the memory seemingly paining him. Kurt tried to speak, but Julian shook his head:

"I need to explain this one, just add in if you think i left something out."

Kurt nodded, putting a Hand on Julian's shoulder from his wheelchair as the later spoke:

"I hope you apologize if i expand the Story a little." Julian started, his eyes closed as he seemingly recollected his memory: "It was five years ago, just after my twelfth Birthday. I was on a visit to my cousin with the family. Mostly boring Adult stuff if it wasn't for a Friend of mine. Since they own a huge private Park he had allowed me, as long as he was sitting next to me, to drive his car when we came over, so we both had an excuse to leave the family meeting behind."

"Which was a very irresponsible thing of him to do from the start." Kurt added, before Julian shook his head:

"Please, Kurt." he said, before continuing: "Well, i was a spoiled young brat, child of a wealthy Corporate inheritance Family. So i simply didn't want to wait. Grabbed the car Keys and drove a couple of circles in the Backyard. When that wasn't enough, i drove off to my Friends private little Racetrack behind their Home. Yet... i wasn't really able to steer a car properly. My friend was turning laps himself on his Track, and when i suddenly drove on... The Cars crashed."

Julian bit his lips shaking his head: "I don't recall much more. There was Fire, my friend dragged me out of the Car while his own Body was broken already. I only saw blood before the fumes took the better of me. When i was tried for theft, and causing lasting harm to another human, my friend was still in a Coma. My family had decided to cut ties with me as i was shipped off to the Military School in another city, even disowned me. None of them has spoken to me ever since. The only one who suddenly a year later came to the schools front door, awoken from coma, was my friend. Now sitting in a Wheelchair, having lost an Eye and one Leg, the other one paralyzed. But with a sad smile he said that i should at least come help him during my Holidays instead of staying at school, so someone would help him around a little. Well, i guess i don't have to explain that this friend of mine is sitting next to me in a Wheelchair right now."

Kurt took a deep Breath: "I was so incredible angry with his Parents, and the whole bunch of his relatives. They didn't even bother, Julian had crippled the Brother of the Empress, so to save Face they shunned a child. For Heaven's sake i taught him how to drive that car. I managed to at least work out a deal with his School that he would have to be my Aid during Holidays and should i ever have the need for an Aid on official events."

"I could have hurt way more people Kurt, and you know that. I was reckless..." Julian said, before Kurt cut him off again:

"You where a child, and i deserve this misery just as much for being irresponsible enough to Teach a kid your age back then how to even Drive. We both go our fair share from this."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2017, 11:33:00 AM »
"Thank you for telling me those stories and yes, we hope that one day the divine shall see to it that you may visit your other brothers and sisters across the vast oceans...A cheers and toast to our newfound unity between our peoples." The Archbishop linked his glass of ale against the Chief's and took a sip too. "There aren't many native Christians as well as Saints, although the most notable would be St. Kateri Tekawitha, though I think she belonged to a different tribe related to yours, my memory is failing me sometimes so forgive me..."

After the Archbishop drank the entire ale in his glass, he was wondering if they were more surprises ahead. "Got anymore exciting ceremonies and the sorts my friend?"

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2017, 12:45:49 AM »
"That sounds excellent" Declan said he glanced sideways and could see the looks on his girls faces, typical he thought "You don't need my permission you two." he looked back to Maata "Sorry but these two are big on sporty activities and it would seem are quite eager for a swim. So I think they'd like to take you up on that wet suit offer if that's ok."

He paused for a moment thinking carefully
"I hope I'm not being too forward but given we have now got this adoptive relationship I believe I should propose the possibility of you meeting the Emperor at some point." he said

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2017, 08:00:48 PM »
Kauri Timoti listened to Julian and Kurt speak, "This can be resolved very simply, Utu is the concept of righting a wrong through punishment, this is a crime with one victim.....you" he addressed Kurt, "So it is simple, if you say that Utu has been fulfilled then in the eyes of the Iwi you are welcome to take part in the ceremony." Kauri thought for a moment before beginning again, "I'm still young and I know I make mistakes, I suspect I'm just lucky I have yet to make one that harmed anyone else. So the choice is yours?"

Petera refilled his guests glass, "We're a nation full of ritual and culture, to us simply saying hello to a stranger involves a ritual, the exchange of the very breath of life, the force that Rangi graced us with. Its almost like a language, the language of ritual, take what you saw at the Palace, the welcoming dances, the very angle at which a man holds his club means something to those observing. I guess in time you'll learn these things. Now do you wish to know anything more about the very ritual you'll undertake or should we begin?"

Maata finished drying herself off, "I'd be delighted to meet another member of my Iwi" she said proudly, "Well once we get the formalities out of the way." She had signalled for the boat to come alongside a jetty and sprung from the deck to the shore taking a rope with her and tied the boat fast motioning for Declan to follow him. She walked quickly along the wooden planks and into a a hall attached to it. The central floor was made of glass and a small school of small fish could be seen whipping forward and back. A series of benches lined the walls and several people where sat chatting. "So we have a ceremony to prepare for. Do you need to know anything before we begin?"

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2017, 08:19:36 PM »
OOC: If it's alright, I replaced the Archbishop with his holiness Pope Peter II, aka The Young Pope, in order to develope his character.

"I must say the exact same thing when it comes to our religious rituals as they're not easy to grasp, understand, at first but in time you'll surely learn them like what I'm doing now...And, I like to be surprised, so go ahead and reveal what you've been planning for so long to share with me, a stranger at first now accepted as One of the Iwi...". TYP couldn't possibly comprehend what he was about to find out, hopefully it wouldn't involve getting hurt or anything, he still had a  few years left to preach the word of God to the masses, unless it was the Lord's will that is...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 06:59:14 PM by The Young Pope »

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2017, 11:28:17 PM »
Kurt smiled turning towards Julian, before nodding back at the young Timoti: "I have forgiven him a log time ago, he has still to forgive himself."

"You are literally the only one in my day to day live not guilt tripping me about it." Julian replied,, a little more relaxed.

"And i think i am the only Person that really matters in this instance." Kurt finished, before nodding to Timoti:

"Is there anything else we need to know about the Ritual? Traditional clothing or anything about the Sort?"

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2017, 10:36:21 PM »
Kauri was happy that they'd managed to side step what could have been a very awkward situation. "The ceremony is simple enough" Kauri retreived a box that they had prepared for such a situation. "Each Iwi has a homestead, an area belonging to the tribe as a whole, usually the perimeter of that is no bigger than a mile. You'd be expected to walk that mile or so wearing this." He held up a cloak made of various feathers, "Its worn by members of our Iwi during special ceremonies. You'll also carry a Taiaha, a little like a spear, representing that you will defend your Iwi." He handed over the smooth whale bone made spear with feathers around a now blunted blade, it was ceremonial but clearly at one time it would have been fearsome. "While you walk you'll be accompanied by two of our Iwi's men, both current members of our military. As you walk you will tell them a story, be it of your people, of your life, of your family. Everytime you meet a member of the Iwi you perform a Hongi." As if to demonstrate Kauri stood and pressed his forehead to Julians, their noses touching, "You do this and then exhale loudly through your nose" once more he demonstrated, "It means we have exchanged our life's breath, and now part of each other dwells within the other." he pulled back. "Once back here we will take old of a two handled cup, it will be filled with alchohol of some kind, we both hold it as you drink, then I drink. Once done your part of our Iwi.......and you choose what we drink, wine, cider, beer.....just don't make it Tequila" Kauri smiled.

OOC- If this is ok with Julian I'm happy you RPing the ceremony anyway you want.

Petera yelled for his nephew to bring him an oak box, it was rather sturdy and even as a broad chested young man he struggled alone. "You need more beef" Petera teased his nephew as he unlocked the box, "Every Iwi keeps a collection of items important for our rituals." he removed a large cloak made out of beaver pelts and put it across his knees carefully brushing out some dust that had collected. "Story has it this cloak was worn by one of our Iwi on a march with the great Chief Rangi in 1830, wearing it he climbed Mt.Tapeka, where the enemy had a mountain fort. Rangi and 200 of his men scaled the cliffs in the dark and assaulted the fort capturing it with only 7 men killed. They hacked down the flagpole and burnt the enemy flag." Satisfied that the cloak was clean he slid it around the Popes shoulders.

"The ceremony is simple enough, the edge of our Iwi's homestead is about a mile circle it is marked with 42 trees painted with white rings. As you walk between the trees you must tell members of our Iwi a story of your life, your people, your family, something personal to you. At each tree you must place a hand on it and tell it your name." He pointed to one of the trees that could be seen in the distance, "My nephew Joseph and his friend Tana will accompany you and listen to your story. Should you meet anyone while walking you must perform the Hongi. As if to demonstrate he stood and pressed his forehead to the Popes, their noses touching, "You do this and then exhale loudly through your nose" once more he demonstrated, "It means we have exchanged our life's breath, and now part of each other dwells within the other." he pulled back. "Finally when you get back here we have some meat cooking, we each take a piece and feed it the other, a symbol we shall ensure each other never starves and share our bounty. How does that sound?"

OOC- If this is ok with the Pope I'm happy you RPing the ceremony anyway you want.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2017, 10:43:52 PM »
OOC- knew I'd forgotten something.

It was Holly who fielded the question as Declan was caught slightly on the hoof and was half distracted watching his two daughters having some fun.
"Well I guess an explanation of the ceremony would be nice, given the differing cultures we obviously don't want to get anything wrong." Holly said smiling as she spoke "Apart from that just tell us what we need to do to prepare."

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2017, 11:34:17 PM »
Maata had been sitting on a chest, it was fixed to the floor with four giant brass brackets meaning it couldn't be moved. She removed a key from around her neck and slotted it into the keyhole. The lid clicked open and she lifted it, not an easy task with one hand due to the weight of the solid oak construction. She laid a blanket on the glass floor and delicately lifted a cloak made from seal skin, it was hundreds of years old and showed every year of its age, the thick skin criss crossed with scars from long journeys during the early years of its life. "The ceremony is a simple one, each Iwi has a homestead, the building your in, that homestead has a territory that is roughly one mile in perimeter. You must know that perimeter. We give you the cloak to protect you from the elements....symbolically speaking of course." she smiled, outside was a lovely sunny day but that didn't matter, it had to be done this way. "You'll be joined by two of our Whale Riders, ex-military members honored now as a kind of Chiefs bodyguard, not that we've needed them since Independence." As if on cue two exceptionally tall, muscled and tattooed men entered and stood near the entrance, each carrying a long spear the blade polished to a mirror shine. "As you walk you must tell them a story, of your life, your people, your family, anything really. Should you meet a person from our Iwi on your travel you perform the Hongi" she stood and demonstrated on Holly before sitting down again. "Once you return back here you will meet me at the end of the pier, I'll have collected two sea urchins. We each crack one open and then using a stone knife scoop out the eggs you feed me and I feed you......then we party." she pointed to where a large beach bonfire was being set up.

OOC- If this is ok with you I'm happy you RPing the ceremony anyway you want.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2017, 12:00:20 PM »
"I'll do it as instructed by you oh wise chief..." This was the moment for TYP, a chance to prove him as a great example of what it means to be an adopted member of a new family of his. He was particularly honored by the fact that he was wearing the cape of the legendary Chief Rangi. With eveeything ready and set, TYP began his promenade along with Joseph and Tana who were standing side by side as they passed along the trees with the various peoples of Iwi eager to hear the very definition of The Young Pope. TYP went up to the first tree he spotted and said his name, "Pope Peter II", before beginning:

"I Pope Peter II, Bishop of Celestis, Vicar of Jesus Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Primate of the Ecclesiastical State, Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Celestian Province, Sovereign of the Ecclesiastical State, Supreme Secretary of the Magisterium, Supreme Secretary of the Blessed Consistory, Servant of the servants of God. In other words, since I began my pontificate I'm the leader of the Celestian Catholic Church, 500 million and counting faithful.

I was adopted three times during my life so far as I never got to knew my parents, in Achkaerin, becoming the first Pope of that country; Sister Arilda...Bishop Martin Deed and his daughter and my good friend Kathryn Deed...and now you the Te Whakatohea Iwi including Chief Petera.

I'm a Contradiction...Like God, One in Three and Three in One...Like Mary, the Virgin, the Mother...Like Man, in Good and Evil...I have no sins to confess. My only sin is that my consciense has nothing to accuse me of anything. Some say that I'm certainly Strange...But I don't care about anyone's opinions if I'm up for the task, I don't care if I'm considered weak, a scoundrel. Some are afraid of me I've heard, but that's not exactly true...But it will be. Some claim that there are others running the entire show...In other words...Gossip *let's off a smile and performs a Hongi*. There are those who want me to resign the pontificate, as the Young are always more extreme than the Old. I'm always asking this question...who's betraying me? My answer is simple...tell me right now or you'll see the ruin of the Church. Am I a terrible Pope, the most dangerous in modern times they keep asking? I tell them...I'm ready to wage war without end against you!...*takes deep breath and performs another Hongi* I know everything a powerful man needs to know with the people he works with...and I'm the most powerful man of all*..."

*OOC: Within his own environment in which he's working and living in, not bragging and claiming to be better or more powerful than the Chief, his people etc. Have to adress this considering other players can't seem to read between the lines; consider this like a monologue.*

After passing all of the 42 trees with Jospeh and Tana and lots of lots of Hongi, TYP finally returned back to the camp where he saw again the entire tribe gathered, waiting for his eventual arrival. He went and took a piece of freshly grilled meat as instructed earlier and said: "With this holy and divine meet we, the Chief and I, feed it to the other, a symbol we shall ensure each other never starves and share our bounty, DEUS VULT!"

In one swift bite he took from the Chief and vice versa. Satisfied, TYP thanked everyone who attended this sign of ritual and encouraged everyone to feast and drink as never before. "Many Cheers to your great people and to the new bond with the Ecclesiastical People, Chief. *Clinks glass*"

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2017, 10:35:29 PM »
Julian nodded slowly, changing into the cloak and taking up the Spear, and with a nod back to Kurt, he took the journey around the homestead.

While walking he repeated his own story, to the two Men by his site:

"When i was twelve, i was a terribly spoiled child. Never pleased with what i got, demanding more the moment i just got something new. My family gave me what i called for, as money was no issue.
One day i was visiting my cousin and her Family. I had a friend there, a Man as uninterested in stiff family meetings as i was. Over the Time he had been Teaching me how to Drive his racing Cars.
That particular time, he wasn't there waiting for me, so i sneaked away and just grabbed his Car Keys, and drove onto his Racing track.

He was racing that day on the Track, and the cars crashed. Even with his crippled body he dragged me out of the car, so all i ended up with was a Burnscar. He had to be put into a medical coma afterwards.
Because my friend was the Brother to our Empress, i was sentenced harsh. My family in an attempt to save face disgraced and disowned me. I was sentenced for theft and Causing Harm to another human to be enrolled in a Military Academy until i finish school. Which is, until next year.
On my thirteenth Birthday, i was a different Person. Broken by Isolation, i spent the day just learning for the next test. I hadn't made any friends, i felt like i didn't deserve any. Yet one Person came to visit me, not my Father or my Mother, i still haven't talked to them ever since, but it was Prince Kurt of Uburzis. The Man i Crippled, now sitting in a wheelchair having lost one leg, the other unusable, and one eye less. He pushed his Wheelchair over, hugged me and apologized. The Man i did hurt apologized to me, i did not understand at first, but he blamed himself more than he blamed me. Of all the People he was the only one standing in for me. So he made a deal with the School, since i was the one crippling him, i was to be his Aid during the Holidays and official events. He gave me back hope, and i saw that i had to do the same for my fellow students. In the years that passed, i formed a tight knit group of convict cadets that stood in for each other. We even managed to get our own Galleon for Summer camp, training for three years every free weekend we had, scoring a blazing victory as the Lead Ship in our Sea Battle this Year. Surprising every Parent that called for us to be banned from the contest, because we were Arsonists, Thieves, and generally Teenagers and Children believed to be a bane on society. And now, now i am here representing my Nation, my People all together. Captain Julian Wingert."

Julian took a long Breath after performing the last Hongi, nodding slowly as he shared the Cup with Timoti. He did feel like some People might complain it was two almost children performing this Ritual, but in his mind he had already a suggestion to Remedy this later on. For now he smiled at his new Kauri Timoti:
"Wine, Beer, anything not Distilled is fine. I am legally allowed to drink that at home as well, so i think it would fit." He smiled, earning Kurts approval:
"Maybe one day we can share stories of your people in our home as well."

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2017, 09:00:29 PM »
The members of the Te Whakatohea Iwi were puzzled here was a man in one breath saying he was part of their Iwi and in another saying he was the most powerful man of all, to the Maori's sense of the world the man wasn't even close to being the most powerful man in their tribe, for a start he hadn't the smallest of Ta Moko[1] and even if he had it wouldn't have been granted by their chief, but being hospitable they said nothing, instead each of those their new brother meet exchanged the breath of life with him. With the formalities out of the way the real business of Matariki in the Iwi began.

Meanwhile the Ngāti Kahungunu were welcoming Julian and Kurt into their family as the shared cup of fruit beer was drained between them. "If you want a story you're in the right place" Kauri motioned for his guests to sit by the large bonfire that was being prepared while he took a seat set just back from them, raising slightly by being placed on some logs. "Matariki is traditionally when the tribe gets together and shares its news" As everyone got settled a line of about twenty people formed, the first was a rather frail looking man stood next to a taller and muscular young version of himself, the two stepped forward, the young man picking up a conch and blowing it. The circle went silent.

"I am Otikoro Muhali of the Ngāti Kahungunu" the older man began loudly, "This is my son Kahurangi of the Ngāti Kahungunu" the formalities over the man sat on the upturned log and continued, "This year we have been busy, we have been tracking down members of the former occupation and my son here was responsible for the capture of Stephen Clarke, the special forces soldier who brutally murdered people of many Iwi, he was captured from a boat and brought here to the Commonwealth to face justice, his execution righting a great wrong. We ask the Chiefs blessing for what we have done and to continue our work." Without a word Kauri stood and went and hugged each of the men as the circle of the tribe erupted in cheers and claps.

"You have the blessing of the whole Iwi" Kauri had returned to his seat. "Otikoro I grant you permission to add to your Ta Moko. Kahurangi, you have permission to begin collecting Ta Moko and I would be honoured if you used my home for it." A tear ran down Otikoro's face, it was a big moment in a fathers life when his son was granted his first tattoo, and to be permitted to use the Chiefs home added to the protection it brought.

For several hours people came and told stories of their year, all hand picked, each telling of some great achievement, adventure or experience and each given some kind of reward from the Chief. One young girl of 16 who had spent the year caring for her terminally ill mother was granted funding for University, a boy of seven who had used some CPR he had learnt to keep his older brother alive was given a cloak and several were given tattoo rights. The sun was descending when it finished and a scroll was handed to Kauri who sealed it with twine. "This is the record of the tribe, it will be deposited with the others we've kept since 2009, sadly those from before have been lost, but we'll start a new history"

The Pope had witnessed a scene very similar with Chief Petera handing out the rewards, as the last one was given he stood and shook his legs. "Sitting through this is the nicest day of the year, but my arse does get numb" he joked loudly as he tried to get some blood flowing again. Soon the stars that formed Matariki would be visible here in the wilds and children eagerly began trying to spot them as they sat on their parents knees. "So, now we are brothers perhaps I can ask you to do something for us. During our war for independence our Iwi had a small guerilla unit, they came from the Neinei family, a rarity in the fact that they are Christians, I'm named after their founder who took the name Petera when he converted. Sadly the family was wiped out by the Seleucid scum, traditionally when a family ceases to exist here in our culture there homes Marae Guardian[2] is taken down and burnt, its ashes being thrown into the sea, similar to our funeral practice. I would ask you take their Guardian back home with you and I believe you intern the dead in churches? Please give it a home that would be in keeping with your faith's traditions."
 1. tattoo's given to denote status, achievement etc
 2. each family is kind of like a tribe within a tribe, its not uncommon to have several families share names but would be considered a different bloodline. A Marae Guardian is this

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2017, 12:36:40 PM »
"That is correct in how you assumed we Christian bury our dead, although one can also be burried in cemeteries located outside a church for instance or decide if one's ashes should be burned and released over one's desirable spot, it's a bit different depending on individual preferences. Now that you told me exactly how important this guardian is to be handled, I'm more than honored to accpet this gracious request...brother, may their souls rest in peace with the heavenly father and may their guardian still live among us.

As for the suitable home, I already got one in mind...St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican where the main headquarters of the Celestian Catholic Church is located at and my beloved home, there are a few spots left that ought to be containing highly valued matter, would have to just assure the faithful back home that it wouldn't go against our beliefs, especially the conservative cardinals back home you see...I can't wait to show you all here what ES is like, so much color and vibrancy such as here within the tribe.

As to show the same courtesy and hospitality, I would like to offer this pin to you my good Chief depicting Saint Edward the Confessor, to keep you safe and away from any harm possible, I hope it's to your liking."

OOC: If it's too offensive, I can remove the last section?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 12:26:31 AM by The Young Pope »

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2017, 07:03:19 PM »
Declan took in the two Whaleriders, they had a far more intimidating look to them than even the most professional of their Achkaerinese equivalents though intimidation had never been high on the Achkaerinese list. I can see why they win at rugby so much Declan thought, it was undoubtedly true that the Iwi were skilled at the sport but intimidation and getting into the opponents heads could only be beneficial. He carefully donned the seal cloak and with the two Whaleriders flanking him started his walk.

"I will not tell of you of myself for that would be to brag and one must be humble in all things for my life and my deeds are but a single thread in the tapestry of our world so I shall tell you of the people to which I belong." Declan said "As a people the Achkaerinese call themselves many things, most of them immortalized to some extent in song. Chief among them is the word 'Brave' something which has its origins in our faith as the fifth of the six tenets we live by is Defend that which you own and that to which you belong with all your heart and strength and courage - by all you hold dear stand your ground, for those that do will be the ones the Goddess's shall call to their sides when the time of Rebirth comes." they met with a couple and as was required Declan performed the Hongi before continuing on his way

"Historically this goes back thousands of years to Seven States period the time when raiders from Vafleon would cross the Northern Ocean to pillage and plunder our coast, those that stood against them were called the Brave because this predated any form of formal army in any of the states so they were essentially nothing more than town guards, not trained for the sort of battle that came to their doorstep. It was only when the Hold of Silverlea built what would become the origins of the Achkaerinese navy that the raids ended though that came at a high price. This is where the Achkaerinese saying of the battle is not to the strong but to the brave comes from it ingrains in us a determination to never give up no matter how bleak things look, it gives us the courage to make whatever sacrifices we are called to make up to and including laying down our lives. It's seen us through many wars and much strife. But just as this cloak I wear is not for my shoulders alone, we as a nation lay no claim on being the only ones to call themselves Brave for there are many different kinds of bravery, many different kinds of courage and all of these we believe will be tested when the time comes." Declan continued noticing that they were arriving at the pier "That is my story, the story of my people."

Maata was at the end of the pier as Declan approached she handed him one of the sea urchins and together they cracked them open and then with a stone knife each they scooped out the eggs, Declan banished the thoughts of when he'd fed his daughters back when they'd been babies and together he and Maata slipped the eggs into each others mouths. The taste was intriguing which was probably the best compliment Declan's mind could conjure up given that he'd never eaten this before.
"Now then I believe you said something about a party?" Declan asked

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2017, 01:26:13 PM »
OOC- TYP , nothing against there being a saint from the territories that the Iwi occupies, just this St. Catherinae Tekakwitha doesn't really fit the narrative of the Iwi. The Seleucid's occupied us in the early 1500's and would have driven out preachers from Christianity and other faiths, it wasn't until the late 1700's that they loosened up a little on the religious controls but then the whole narrative of the chief converting etc. Perhaps you can just create a narrative from scratch or adapt it?