« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 04:54:52 PM by Nova »

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Break side-talks
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 11:21:23 PM »
The King stopped as Martin addressed him, before speaking he looked at his watch, they had an hour break before the meeting began again. "Well I enjoy meeting new people" the King replied before considereing his response, "We have some time now, maybe not enough to get everything in order but at least we can lay some foundations, give ourselves something to think on." David motioned for Martin to follow him and lead him into his office. It was more like a lounge with a work desk in with its back to a large bay window which peered out over the long lake. Three black leather sofa's formed a horse-shoe around a low coffee table and David waited for Martin to take a seat before crossing to the intercom on his desk, "Quinn can we get some food in here, oh and some coffee" the King took off his jacket slung it on the back of his desk chair and removed his tie before rolling his sleeves up and taking a seat on the sofa opposite. "So what do you have in mind?"

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 05:28:38 PM »
"There are a number of issues" David began, "The biggest issue for us is security, we have always ensured that we have control over who comes into our nation, after all what we don't want is the Borlanders to be given a back door. We are probably one of the most targeted nations on Mundus. Your nation can not be a place we can have people slip in from. What I would suggest is not a fully open border, we can of course explore methods of streamlining the process. Such as those Morelanders living in your nation can pass freely, as possibly your own citizens. We would therefore need to explore what to do with the rest. Perhaps you could explain how you would ensure we keep the Borlanders out?"

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 07:05:16 PM »
"You may only have two physical borders" David began having first taken a large sip of his Green Tea. "however you have ports, harbours, an airport, many different ports of entry to your nation. What we wish to avoid is someone using one of these to gain access to your nation and then using an open border agreement to get into East Moreland." David put his cup and saucer down on the coffee table. "You have to appreciate we've a lot to be concerned about regarding the Borlanders and more recently these Truthsayers. Even with our controls in place they still slip through, offering them an open door so to speak is going to be very tempting for them. So what I am looking for is suggestions on how we ensure this is not the case."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 08:19:19 PM »
"How little you must know of the Borlanders" King David began, "I mean those that kidnapped Princess Serenity didn't live in East Moreland, nor did those who kidnapped Crown Princess Adriana, the ones who occupy SeaTower down near Dartfordia.....they aren't living in East Moreland, nor where the ones who created the thankfully short lived nation within Zimalia. That's the beauty of an international terror network....that it is truly international. Now at present we're being asked to do something that is going to have minimal benefit to our nation and increases our risk, I had hoped we'd be able to see some attempts at mutual support. What I propose therefore is this, your citizens may apply for a special ID we'll create. They will have to pay an annual fee of $150 per person and consent to a thorough background check. We reserve the right to turn down anyone for any reason or withdraw their ID without notice. In return they will still be stopped at the border, but once showing their ID be permitted entry, unless of course our officers there deem it necessary to conduct a search for any reason. This will at least make it easier for many."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 11:00:58 AM »
The King wondered what his guest was thinking, East Moreland had already agreed to police their skies and coastline now he was asking East Moreland police to patrol their streets. "I don't think that will be possible, you see our nations budget isn't going to stretch to essentially having another city the size of Northfort to patrol. I mean how would it look to the people, their tax money being used to send police to another nation? Sorry but this is not going to happen."