Author Topic: Civil Unrest [Aurora, Weremark]  (Read 2958 times)

Offline Heimar

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Heimar/Wahland
Civil Unrest [Aurora, Weremark]
« on: September 17, 2017, 11:08:12 PM »
Presidential Palace, Stanford, Wahland

"I'm sorry ma'am, we're doing our best, but there isn't much else we can do, as long as they hold a majority they won't let the bill through." the young aide explained. President Danielle Luftberg sat rocking side to side in her armchair, biting her lip, going through every possible strategy in her head. She had been trying to push through a bill to create a program to research and develop better alternative energy technology, but the opposing conservative party was staunchly against it. The same gridlocked council meetings had plagued Wahland for the past several years.It seemed as though every time Luftberg tried to take a step forward, the opposing party caused the country to take two steps back.

Luftberg stood from her chair running her fingers through her long auburn hair. She isn't a particularly tall woman, but in six inch heels she stood taller than most average men. She felt it made men feel intimidated by her, and she had learned to use that intimidation throughout her career, until now. No amount of intimidating would come between Wahland and its oil. Oil exports fueled over 50% of the economy for the past century, and no large energy companies were willing to let go of their black gold.

"This gridlock is going to ruin this country", Luftberg said frustratingly. "Maybe we'd have better luck waiting until those cranky old men die, and then get something done." she smirked. The room remained silent, even if any one of the numerous aides found it funny, Luftberg was known for her temper and at a tense time like this nobody wanted to set her off. Luftberg cocked her head slightly, realizing the tension in the room, “Relax guys, I’ve got an idea.” Several sighs of relief came over the room. Luftberg leaned over the table looking at all the draft papers and analysis. “Get the Aurorans on the phone, if we can’t get our own people to cooperate maybe we’ll have better luck with them.”
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:25:47 AM by Heimar »

Offline Aurora

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Aurora
Re: Civil Unrest [OPEN]
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 01:44:17 AM »

Royal Palace, Zewa, Aurora

“It’s all finally coming together for us.”

William’s mother, Queen Annalise of Aurora, eighteenth of her name, stood at the head of the table. She wore a simple dress of silken purple, and wore her blonde hair loose letting it fall to her shoulders. She’d forgone the armoured appearance she played up when he was younger, instead assuming the image of a radiant and experienced Queen rather than a conquering hero. In Between her and him sat his older sister, Princess Serina, and sitting on his other side was, much to everyone’s surprise,his long lost uncle James. James had forfeited his place in succession years ago in favour of Annalise due to his distaste for politics, and it seemed to still be there as he was clearly uncomfortable being part of the Queen’s council. On her other side sat non-family members of importance, including the former ambassador to Wahland, Alina Bazenhov, as well as the New Takorran viceroy, Vinzenz Visscher.

The Queen took a deep breath and then went on. “When Aurora annexed New Takorra, I knew that I’d made an enemy of Wahland for life. Suddenly their grip on the Radiant Sea was fleeting, slipping, their careful house of cards facing an western wind. But to go to war when they were prospering would be foolish, it’d risk everything I’ve worked for if Aurora couldn’t win. So under Vinzenz’s advice-” with that she gestured toward the suited man on her right, who was all too pleased to get recognition for his advice “-we instead focused on taking their market, selling cheap oil for little profit.”

Mrs. Bazenhov seemed to have realization dawn over her, taking the Queen’s pause as an opportunity to speak. “Your Grace, before I was recalled from Wahland, my Wahlsh contacts had been mystified about how you were selling oil so cheap. They’d assumed you’d found a cheaper way to drill it or refine it, but they could never manage to price it lower than Aurora’s.”

Annalise smirked, gesturing back towards the table in front of them, covered in strewn about maps and books. “In the end, the Wahlsh depend too much on their oil industry to try to sell at a loss. For us, the only profit we get is used for upkeep, since unlike a corporation I’ve had goals other than money. Now that Wahland is crumbling, shearing itself apart, I think it’s time to force an end to their control over the straits.”

War?! His Mother was willing to go to war now, as the region had finally began to settle into peace! He couldn't let it all fall apart, with the Wahlsh willing to talk about the issue for the first time in four centuries. William had to speak up, to do something. He stood up and spoke. “Then why are you ignoring their attempts at diplomacy? Attempts to resolve this without violence?!” He realized as he said it that he’d made a mistake, and William saw his Mother turn look towards him with a frown and an icy look. Glancing toward the rest of the table, when she spoke her tone had gone from being pleased to being aggravated. “I consider this meeting dismissed. You’re all free to leave except for William, for I need to have some words with my son alone.” Alina and Vinzenz  stood and left, satisfied with their contributions for today. His uncle James left quickly, eager to leave the politics of the palace behind. Along with him he took his sister Serina, who shot him an apologetic look before meekly following her uncle.

When the two of them were alone, Annalise looked towards him again, crossing her arms over her chest before speaking. “Yes, I have ignored their requests for a ‘treaty’ or ‘deal’.  Countries don’t bend to your will with kind words or a smile. When you take action, you must be decisive. When that foolish noble Jakob questioned your father’s noble birth, did I shake his hand? Did I come to an agreement? No, he found himself without a head that day, and the nobility was reminded of their status. Heimar wouldn’t tell us the weather in Zwitelgiest before I was Queen, but after the Mad King lost his invasion, no one stood to stop us when Auroran troops marched down the Free Cities’s streets. This is why I take action instead of talking, and this is why the High Seas fleet must sail towards the straits.”

When he was a child, William would’ve dismissively looked toward his feet, muttering apologies to his Mother for speaking out of turn or for questioning the Sovereign of Aurora. But he was now a man of 17 and a future King and he didn’t plan to let his Queenly Mother lead the Kingdom, no, the Entire Region, to war. “Mother, I understand that Wahland is weak right now,  but that is no reason to plunge the nation into a costly war. The Wahlsh public would just be united by an attack, and their navy is still easily equal to ours. But everything you’ve done has been taking deals from other nations while they were distracted with squabbles; Zwitelgiest, New Takorra, or Korlun. All of them went by without a war, and I think it’s ill-advised, nay, it’s stupid to try to force a war when we hold all the cards at the negotiating table.”

William felt like he was digging his grave deeper, a sense of guilt rising in his throat as he waited for a harsh order of dismissal. But much to his surprise he saw the corners of her mouth curl upwards, smiling at him as the queenly facade melted away. Her anger seemed to have vanished, and when she spoke to him it almost sounded as if she had a touch of admiration for him. “William, you’ve always had your father’s heart, but I never would’ve thought you inherited my willfulness. And like your father, I know you only question my plans when you feel it's absolutely necessary.” Turning back towards the maps, Annalise gestured towards the mark-covered map of Wahland. “You’ll be King soon, and soon our Kingdom will be yours to guide. So I’ll make you an offer; You can try to negotiate a deal with those greedy Wahlsh fools, try to find some way to open Aurora to the world without ruining everything I’ve worked for. But in return, you’ll have to plan for your future on the throne. I expect you to find a noble wife soon, rather than gallivanting around the world like my brother or falling for a commoner like my older sister. But know that if you fail in your meeting, if you risk everything I’ve planned, then I will not hesitate to order the High seas Fleet to force the Wahlsh to comply. Do we have a deal?” With this she turned back toward him, a curious look in her gaze as she waited for him to decide. But he’d already decided by the time she finished speaking.

“Of course Mother. I will convince the Wahlsh to open the gates.”

Offline Weremark

• Microstate
  • The Raven Lord
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Weremark
Re: Civil Unrest [Aurora, Weremark]
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 03:36:16 AM »
"And this...Wahlsh situation, what do you think of that one, Jensen?" asked the King, watching a butler bring over a plate of sausages and cheese. Opposite the semicircular table from him sat Johannes Jensen fan Hailien, the new Grand Duke of Jylmark, as well as four other major Lords or Premiers or other vassals. "Their economy in shambles, something's brewing over there."

"The canal's our long term solution, of course, should our friend Kaiser Heinrich approve of its extension," began Jensen, referring to the Heimarn canal project. "But as for Wahland? I don't know, it's quite a tricky position right now, and frankly..." he paused, picking at the platter briefly as he thought. The King quickly followed up. "Frankly what?" Jensen continued. "Frankly, it'd do Weremark wonders for international relations if we managed to get them to drop the tariffs. This has been bottlenecking the whole Gulf for decades, no, centuries, and, if you believe what I believe about Aurora, then-" Enthusiastically Jensen began, his fingers fiddling with a fork as he spoke. "No." the King's reply was frank. "I will not sabotage our kinsmen's economy for purported benefit. Wahland upholds a status quo; they are our security buffer, and they will remain that way."

"You wish to uphold their government, then?" asked Brynhild Hermann of Adinsbaurg, and the only true representative of the people on the whole council. "We cannot afford to take sides here, our navy is miniscule, and should it come to war-" The King began again. "It won't come to war. Not again will I allow a war to persist in this region. We have seen enough of that to last several lifetimes, and I'm sure all of us would agree on that." he paused, sighing. "The canal will circumvent this issue, as Jensen said, but only in the long term. For the short term we must insist that no lives are lost. For our own sake, and for the sake of the region...we will need to uphold the Wahlsh status quo, even if we don't agree with it. Hopefully, in the long term, they may impart upon themselves a degree of governance that we can find more favourable."

"I wish Magnus was here," started Jensen. "He knows Annalise, does he not? He could speak to her."

"No, that won't be necessary."  the King said. "What we need is progress. War will not bring progress, I learned that the hard way fifteen years ago."

"You've been taking too much of Jensen's advice," scoffed Siegdan of Oltbjorgsheim, one of the notably staunch royalists among the high council. "Oh, I'm sure that Jensen can attest to the fact that I haven't. What has elucidated my view here is old age, and old age has made me see that the people do not want war, and that their opinion should be tantamount to any ruler. But that is a conversation for another day. What has me more concerned is the capacity for our own internal forces to once again cause trouble on the international stage." the king replied. Jensen looked up from his plate at the King's comment.

"Hellhorn?" Hermann then asked. "You may be right, your grace. He would consider Wahland a failed state, and..."

"That is a warning that we should at the very least relay to Mrs. Luftberg, for our sake, and all of Aranye's." Jensen agreed.

The king nodded. "We will keep a close watch on this situation, and I will send word to the Wahlsh telling them to keep an eye out for Hellhorn. As for the Aurorans...war needs to be avoided at all costs. Gentlemen, ladies, there are lessons to be learned here, and we will learn them."

The Kingdom of Weremark

NSWiki | Notable Characters

Offline Heimar

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 01:15:54 AM »
Presidential Palace, Stanford, Wahland

Danielle Luftberg strolled through the tall, dark wooden doors into the conference room with an expressionless face. Trailing her were only two of her top advisors, Admiral Karl Petreus, and her chief economic advisor Otto Jamesson. As they came in two security agents closed the doors behind them. The large room felt rather empty, usually a large posse of media reporters would surround them but Luftberg requested the meeting to be behind closed doors away from the public eye. Sitting opposite of the doors at the conference table were the Auroran delegates; The Crown Prince of Aurora, William Volukunov, and the (former) ambassador to Wahland, Alina Bazenhov. Several folders were laid in front of the pair, who ceased their discussion as the President and her advisors entered the conference room.

“Good morning everyone,” Danielle said with a forced smile. “Nice to see you again Ms. Bazenhov, it’s been a long time.”, she said, shaking the ambassadors hand. She continued down the line, “Pleasure to meet you William,” "Likewise Ma'am" William said, shaking her hand with a confident smirk. "My apologies that her majesty couldn't come to Wahland herself for this meeting”. Luftberg smirked back, “Not a problem at all, a ruler must see to her own people first, besides, I’m excited to work with the future ruler of Aurora, which according to history may be sooner than later.” Luftberg placed her black leather binder on the table, and pulled her chair out, “Now, onto business.” As she sat her smile faded to a flat expression. She unfolded her glasses, using the earpiece to brush the hair out of her face and put them on, looking over the documents in front of her. “As you are aware, the Wahlsh economy has suffered greatly in the past few years, more precisely our extraction sector. I have sought domestic reforms to remedy the issue, but so far that has been the furthest thing from successful, as many in the council are less than cooperative. Our two countries have been at odds for the past almost twenty years, but I feel it is in both our interests we come together and finally figure out a solution”. “Your assessment is correct Madame President, the tensions between our countries are unnecessary, much like our competition in the Extraction Industry. The simplest solution to this would be to remove the cause of nearly two decades of tensions, by abolishing the Tariffs and Tolls of the Straits”. Luftberg scoffed, “It may seem simple to you, your highness, but Wahland has controlled those straights for over two centuries. Those tariffs and tolls are an important source of revenue for our country. The small tax we charge is a fair deal for the security and ports we provide, wouldn’t you say?”.

William adjusted himself slightly in his chair, seemingly maintaining his laid-back posture despite the tension in the room. “You say you provide necessary security in the straits, and while Wahland has always had a well respected Navy, a believe it’s age of unparalleled advantage has come to an end. Aurora’s navy is more than capable of protecting it’s own ships both within the Radiant Sea and beyond, with this ‘protection money’ being an unnecessary and archaic remnant of an older age. As for the revenue, i would say that rather than tax neutral foreign countries, a better solution would be to tax imports heading directly to Wahland or perhaps impositions on your vast oil Industry”?

Luftberg nodded her head slightly, chuckling, “Trust me young William, I’m well aware of your Navy’s capabilities, and if it is as formidable as you say, your ships would be sailing through the strait unabated.” Luftberg leaned forward, resting her elbows on the table. “Oil runs through Wahland’s veins, it’s in our blood, and a transfusion isn’t a quick process. The strait’s security isn’t just a naval matter. Those of us with experience here were in office during the Wahli insurrection, that is still ongoing mind you, and saw the destruction it caused. We still face the threat of Wahli terrorism, and it is us that provide the security in those ports. Perhaps we should open the straits and let those terrorists walk up to your merchant ships and blow them out of the water, perhaps then you’d understand the cost. I mean no offense William, but someone as young as you, who has barely travelled outside the safety of your own nation, has no grasp of how important the security we provide is to the well being of everyone in the gulf. Your country might bully others in the gulf but Wahland isn’t a nation that can be pushed aside”.

"You've questioned my youth, but you fail to think about why I'm here, negotiating. I grew up during the Wahles Intervention and the Heimarn Flashpoint, and I know the massive amounts of death and destruction those conflicts caused. If you talk of understanding the cost in human lives that wars cause, then maybe you would understand why I don’t wish to see the High Seas Fleet try to break your hold over the strait. Over 30,000 men died during the Wahles Intervention, can you imagine the cost a full scale war would have?” By now his smile had disappeared, replaced by a passive, if even cold, glare. “You call us bullies, but you know as well as I do that Aurora doesn’t face widespread resistance in it’s liberated territories, unlike Wahland in Wahles. Auroran troops weren’t greeted by looks of contempt and hate, but by cheers of joy. Nay, I say Wahland is the bully here, pushing it’s tariffs and tolls upon its neighbors, challenging them to wars that would leave irreparable scars upon the peace of Arayne”. Collecting his papers, he stood up, with something alike to disappointment in his tone. “It’s clear to me though, that if you cannot negotiate with me as an equal, then these negotiations are doomed to fail no matter what we do. When you’d like to actually get something done we’ll talk.” The Auroran diplomats gathered their documents and exited the room hastily.

As soon as the wooden doors closed behind them, Luftberg slammed her fist on the table. She wasn’t exactly angered at William himself, in fact she admired the way he held his own, not many could do the same with her. She was frustrated that the only chance she had of getting something done may have slipped through her fingers. “Fucking kid has some balls.” she scoffed. “Get Ms. Bazenhov on the phone as soon as you can. I’ll clean this mess up even if i have to drag his ass back in here.”
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 01:25:24 AM by Heimar »

Offline Weremark

• Microstate
  • The Raven Lord
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Weremark
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 04:44:52 PM »
(Adapted from an older RP on Audaxia)

The trawler came to a stop just near the Wahlsh coast as one of the men on board dropped the anchor. After a few minutes, another two dragged out a bloodied man in an older Werman uniform to the edge of the ship, followed by another man holding a large handgun. "Well, if I must say so myself, you have done quite the good job infiltrating our little operation, Wil. How long were you with them?" The words of Jory Hellhorn echoed through the ship. "I wasn't with them. I was with you, damn it!" Wil replied.

"And yet, you were the one that tipped off Karivik, and the only reason that fucker still walks is because of your treason, your inaction. And then, as soon as I announce my intention to go to Wahland due to the crisis, Weremark triples its patrols these parts? You're a traitor, Wil, and a liability. I’d lock you up for life, but, I’m afraid you’re about to serve a much crueller auxiliary function." Hellhorn said coldly, slipping a waterproof case holding forged documents in Wil's pocket, before clasping it shut.

"This isn't you, Hellhorn!" Wil asked, his voice getting a little desperate.

"It’s always been, and I know I don’t agree with it either. But, concessions have to be made for the greater good, such as now. Thanks to you, Wil, you'll get to be the spark that starts the fire. I will take down this Wahlsh government, and I'll do it without our stupid king's help." Hellhorn sighed as the tall bald man next to him pulled the hammer back on the handgun.

"What...what are you talking about?" Wil asked, frantic now.

"That capsule I just put in your pocket? Documents detailing a potentially planned Werman intervention in Wahland. It's very real, of course, isn’t it, Sergeant Alveric? You would know, with your high-level security clearance. It turns out you did get a rank, and even a promotion, when you rejoined our Werman friends. And you sent men to kill me, too? Shame." He muttered, as his henchman promptly fired a shot into Will’s abdomen, thus generating a scream of pain. "Someone will eventually fish you up. Maybe you'll wash up on that Wahlsh shore right down there. Maybe that Auroran fleet that's about to sail by this way will find you instead. But someone will, and they’ll see what our King really wants." Hellhorn kicked him off of the yacht, and he fell into the water with a splash. It would a matter of minutes at most before the man gave up.

"Happy swimming!" The boat began moving slowly away from the traitor's writhing, bloody body, and Hellhorn holstered his handgun as he knew that he had to get back to safety or risk swimming with the fishes himself.

“I want that hooligan’s head!” the King in a rage slammed his fist upon the round table. “To think he can declare his international revolution and promptly waltz around the Strait as if-”

“It’s us who have mucked up this time, Dagmund.” Jensen made his opinion clear. They sat in a smaller group this time, with only General Wulfar of Blackhorn Command joining them. General Wulfar, a balding, gruff fellow in his mid-fifties, looked mildly out of it, yet both the King and Jensen knew this was only a side effect of the revelation.

And so Wulfar began. “Twas a contingency plan, the document was, and nothing more, gentlemen. We have, of course, a scenario laid out with all of the potential avenues of attack in case of a Werman intervention in Wahland, but…”

“...but?” the King raised an eyebrow in curiosity. “But I’d never thought that someone could so easily take the files from my office! And those incompetents at the Intelligence Service, they don’t even know who-” Wulfar spat, clearly annoyed.

“But they know to whom it went. Alveric’s recorder functioned admirably, even if the man himself didn’t. What do we do here?” asked Jensen, interlocking his hands in the way he typically did when he wanted to suppress unwanted fidgeting. “Hellhorn’s a step ahead, and out of our direct reach, whatever ship he’s on. Well protected, too; our assassins died in transit. He must move ‘round often, for the Free Mundus recording’s backdrop looked to me more like a forest far away from here. “

“Tell Admiral Karivik, we’ll need to tread carefully here. The Wahlsh and Aurorans must both be independently notified of this situation, but details of our doctored invasion plan obviously cannot get out. We’ll need to find that body, if it’s not too late. But he was...a couple of miles at most away from the coastline. We really can have no clue, and if we play our cards wrong, it could lead us to war.” the King explained.

“And bring us on the side of Aurora,” noted Wulfar dutifully. “And you’d have them over our own kinsmen?” the King asked. “I’ll have none of it. Notify the Admiral at once and keep a look out for Hellhorn. And do tell them to search for the body, if they can. He’s one of ours, and that we could prove.“

The Kingdom of Weremark

NSWiki | Notable Characters

Offline Heimar

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 10:26:31 PM »
50 miles east of Azadi city, Southern Wahles, 2300 hours

Watchtower team lay in position on a large rock outcropping overlooking the small village below. Haze took off his cap to wipe the sweat from his forehead. “This humidity is fucking killing me man, I don’t remember it being this hot last time,” he remarked. With summer steadily fading, the hot, humid nights still rarely dropped below 80-85℉.

Gryphon came over the radio, “We have vehicles moving in from the east, a truck and a couple technicals, looks like the package is here.” The small convoy pulled to a stop outside a compound on the outskirts of the village. The compound, west of the village, had a large stone wall surrounding it with a three story building and a small warehouse inside, likely an insurgent stash or IED factory. A couple armed men approached the vehicle and exchanged a few words with the driver before waving them through, after which the convoy pulled into the compound and several armed men dismounted. “I think I got eyes on the package,” Whistler said, “the one in the civvies, can’t tell for sure from here, but he definitely looks Kitari.” Haze turned in time to see the man turn around, greeting what looked like an insurgent commander. They shook hands and turned to enter the building, followed by a small entourage of bodyguards, a half dozen remaining outside to guard the compound. “Roger, I got eyes on,” he looked down at the small device on his wrist, “PID on ‘Preacher’.

Whistler, you’ll provide overwatch, Gryphon and Orient, on me, let’s get in and out quick, they’ll probably have reinforcements.” Haze got up and quickly climbed down from the rock, Gryphon and Orient close behind. As they as they crossed the field and approached the compound Gryphon stopped, “Shit, I got a contact on the roof, right side of the compound, you got a shot Whistler?” she asked. “Affirm, shots going out.” he replied. There was a slight crack as the round flew over their heads, and the contact instantly stumbled and clutched his throat, dropping to his knees and falling over. “Might have spooked ’em, you got three contacts leaving the compound now.” Ahead of them three men exited the compound through an iron gate, weapons raised, a string of thuds rang out as the three operators fired a flurry of silenced rounds, the three men dropped to the ground kicking up a small cloud of dust. “Let’s move, they probably know we’re here now.” Haze ordered. The team took off in a sprint reaching the wall in only a few seconds where they stacked up near the gate. They followed each other in, a hail of bullets dropping the remaining men inside. The team quickly moved toward the building as a group of contacts came barreling out, each greeted by a hail of bullets. The operators watched the windows for fire, but they were covered with rebar and thin tin sheets. They instead stacked by the still slightly open door. Gunfire echoed through the building as the occupants unleashed fire in their direction.. Orient pulled a flashbang from his vest, “Flashout!” he said as he tossed it through the door, followed by a loud concussive bang that rattled the windows of the building. Orient pushed through the door, firing off a string of shots, his teammates following close behind. Inside, the insurgents had pushed over two tables as makeshift cover, but the thin wood they were made of offered little protection, behind them the slumped bodies of several insurgents were strewn across each other. The team moved through the building in quick strides as they tried to ID the bodies, but ‘Preacher’ was not among the dead assailants. Gryphon looked at Haze and Orient and gestured toward the stairs. One by one each operator climbed the stairs, their rifles trained above. On the second floor they found ‘Preacher’ laying sprawled on the floor. Haze knelt down and turned him over to find ‘Preacher’ foaming at the mouth, his veins bulging from his neck and forehead, and his face purple.

Haze sighed, “Fuck! He’s dead, check the body and sweep the place for anything useful. Whistler, call for exfil, we’ll be oscar mike in 5.” A chorus of “Rogers” followed. Haze took out a small camera and snapped a few pics of the target while Orient searched his body. After a moment Orient pulled out a small flash drive and the man’s cell phone, “Should be some good intel in here.” Walking back down the stairs, Haze and Orient grabbed any loose laptops and cellphones they could find and took pictures of any documents before heading back outside. “Haze, come check this out.” Gryphon came over comms. Haze walked over to the back of open truck where Gryphon had cracked open several weapons cases and was snapping pictures of the contents. “This is some high grade shit,” she exclaimed. Haze climbed into the back of the truck and grabbed a rifle from the crate. “Yeah, this is some new shit, look at the markings on it. Definitely not from here or Wahland, somebody is smuggling these in. Just snap a few pics and let's move, they probably have backup on the way. We’ll leave a tracker and see where they go.” Gryphon nodded her head, took out a small gps tracker and dropped it in the crate. Gryphon and Haze dropped out of the truck, “Let’s get on the move, Overlord is gonna want to take a look at this.” Haze said.