Author Topic: "Achxit" Statement  (Read 6313 times)

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
"Achxit" Statement
« on: September 17, 2017, 11:52:23 PM »

Joint Statement Following the Achkaerin CTO Membership Referendum

People of Achkaerin, the Commonwealth and the world,

As those of you who followed the referendum campaigns and then the events of the day itself will now know Achkaerin has voted to leave the Commonwealth Treaty Organisation by the following result:

As Emperor I am satisfied that the margin of victory is significant enough, therefore I will not be invoking my right of veto and the result will stand (further details on the timetable to leaving the CTO are below). But first I will emphasize something this did not have to happen, but happen it has and it happened for a great many reasons. Having an organisation dedicated to the cause and principles of the Commonwealth is noble and is something that Achkaerin supports this is why the world has seen a great level of activity from Achkaerin in the CTO. However to then expect a nation like Achkaerin to account for half of the heavy lifting at practically all times is unacceptable and this is the reality that the CTO has seen for while every nation seems to talk the talk in the chamber of the General Assembly only two CTO nations seem to follow that through with action and that would be ourselves and East Moreland, the experience of these two nations in working together may be to our advantage at times but it cannot be expected that when there are nations in the CTO with larger military capabilities and at times better positioning in the geographic sense that an organisation of at least fifteen nations[1] can be expected to rely on two. We have seen it time and time again throughout the existence of the CTO and ultimately the lack of willingness from other members, with the exception of East Moreland, to step up on a regular basis has to be considered as a major factor in what has happened in the last twenty four hours.

It's also important to explain what this means, Achkaerin will leave the CTO but that is all we are leaving, we will seek to support our friends and our allies as we always have it is simply the case that if we are to contribute equally to an organisation then it is right and fair that everyone contributes as far as is possible to the same extent, I'm not so sure this is the case with the CTO it's a fantastic place for a debate but not for seeing the sort of action that the resolutions mandate. This is the single greatest issue that the CTO must address if it is to fulfill the purpose it aims to.

Having consulted with the Secretary General earlier this morning we have reached the following agreement as to how Achkaerin will proceed to leave the CTO:
  • A formal letter to the Secretary General will be delivered at the beginning of the Summit of Aldspring by the Achkaerinese Representative attending.
  • Achkaerin will formally leave the CTO at the end of the present Secretariat term[2]
  • Achkaerinese citizens who hold positions within the CTO such as those working within the Secretariat and subsidiary bodies will not be asked to resign in the case of the Secretariat this is because the Secretariat is by convention deemed to be independent of any nation, in the case of subsidiary nations these are also open to non CTO members.
  • Achkaerin will continue to abide by the Commonwealth Treaty and fulfill it's obligations under it until it's departure.

This may not be the brightest day for the CTO but we do hope that the organisation will take a look at the reasons behind this happening and address them.

Emperor Peter Azurewind of Achkaerin

Sakura Sheppard
Secretary General CTO

A Private Message to King David of East Moreland

My friend,

I'm not quite sure what I can say at this point, if I'm honest I'm not sure which way I wanted this to go on the one hand I see the value of a body like the CTO on the other I hear, understand and respect the concerns of the Achkaerinese people. Rest assured that Achkaerin has no intention of fading into the background when it comes to situations such as those our two nations have faced in recent times whether it be in Mercia or Uppsala, if they continue to happen we will be ready to lend whatever help is required since I fear that East Moreland may now find itself carrying the bag alone at the CTO - my most sincere apologies on this. I hope to be proven wrong but Achkaerinese stances won't change simply because we've left an organisation we weren't really getting out of.

Peter Azurewind
 1. recalling from prior to forum switch
 2. I think this would be within 24 hours of Aldspring concluding OOCly speaking
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 11:33:38 AM by Achkaerin »

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: "Achxit" Statement
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 12:23:13 AM »

In Response To 'Achxit'

The departure of the Holy Empire from the Commonwealth Treaty Organisation is most unfortunate, however, it does not impact the mission nor the commitment of the Commonwealth in the pursuit of its duties, ideals and crucial work in the community of nations. In the coming days member nations of the Commonwealth, joined by prospective members, will be gathering in the City of Aldspring where the Commonwealth was born to chart its course in the near-term as well as the long term. This Summit presents all present to contribute to a renewed foundation for the Commonwealth, especially those who were not present for the original Commonwealth Conference.

The timing of the Holy Empire's departure is most unfortunate as it is a time which sees the Commonwealth finding its footing yet again. In the past the First Empire had been forced into a hesitancy to act given the circumstances surrounding the Andean Genocide. Aside from this hesitancy, other mistakes and miscalculations were made by the Imperial Government along the way which, unfortunately, precluded it from acting. However, as we see before us in Lakhzovia, the First Empire has taken a forceful course of action so as to prevent yet another tragedy playing out before our eyes. Rokkenjiman funding, which accounts for a majority of overall funding of the Commonwealth, continues at its previous rates and may expand to account for the loss of the Holy Empire.

Today is a new era for the Commonwealth, one in which we determine our future and the type of institution we desire it to be. While it will be unfortunate that the Holy Empire will not be a part of this new era the Commonwealth is not one focused upon one nation: it will continue and find renewed strength in the absence of the Holy Empire. We have a unique opportunity before us today to establish firmly what the Commonwealth will be and the role it will play in the community of nations. Rokkenjima will work with all nations, present and perspective, in ensuring the Commonwealth is a viable and effective institution as we move into the future.

We note the contributions of the Holy Empire and naturally thank the Government and People for them. It is unfortunate that we shall not be moving forward together.

Evanthe Rhodes
Empress of Rokkenjima
Duchess-Regent of Somerset

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: "Achxit" Statement
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 08:58:54 AM »
STATEMENT FROM EAST MORELAND

Today the CTO has lost one of its greatest contributors and the load it has bore must now be picked up by others. This is a sad day for the international community as the departure of Achkaerin from an organisation designed to better humanity shows just how far the organisation has fallen from its ideals. The CTO was established to support humanity, to be a force for good willing to step up and do what was needed for the betterment of the people, often strangers, who had no other chance for protection. Side by side wearing the CTO beret forces of East Moreland and Achkaerin have seen duty in some of the globes greatest emergencies, be it the terrorist government of Marseille, the genocide of Mercia or the ashes of Uppsala. Together we have achieved great things, the air bridge created between our nations and Mercia being the largest Mundus has ever seen will certainly stand out. I am sure however this will not be the last time that East Moreland and Achkaerin troops deploy together as even without a CTO beret I know Achkaerin will be a nation that those in need can count on.

East Moreland and Achkaerin have contributed by far and away the most resources[1] to the CTO, be it manpower or humanitarian support and I believe that the organisation is now in need of other nations willing to step up and do what they signed up to do. In the coming days there will be a review of the CTO and should in the opinion of myself and my council the organisation still be found lacking I will be left with no choice but to follow the lead of Achkaerin. To date in CTO operations around 1,000 East Moreland troops have been killed or injured while other nations have remained at home. I can not justify this to my fighting men and women any longer.

I will be instructing my ambassador to the CTO to raise a resolution to the CTO in the coming days so that a formal record of thanks to Achkaerin, its troops and its people is placed in the CTO record.

May Helus Watch Over You and Your Nation Know Peace

King David III of East Moreland.

PRIVATE LETTER TO EMPEROR PETER

As my formal letter explains I fully understand and even support the Achkaerin departure. While a conference has been called I hold little hope, after all nations elected to not even attend the Silverhills one dedicated to the same aim, and that includes our host. It is my belief that a formal East Moreland departure from the CTO could well be a possibility if the matters of equality are not sorted. I am sure that our two nations working relationship will remain unchanged and that we will both do the right thing.

May Gods Watch Over You and Bless Your Forces

David.
 1. I also dispute the fact Rokkenjima is providing the majority of funding. The USA in RL contribute 22% of the UN budget and then contribute to peacekeeping by the amount they provide. With Rokkenjima providing nothing to the last year in terms of boots on ground etc and EM and Achkaerin doing that, as well as Rokkenjima taking no action through the refugee council and not even being a member of the Health Organisation I find it hard to imagine they will have provided 50%+ of the funds used by the CTO.