Author Topic: A call to the Krimeon  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Jargalant (FKA Eskdale)

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Eskdale
A call to the Krimeon
« on: March 15, 2023, 07:43:49 PM »

To the Governments of

*Lijiang
*Azarath
*Ruasliabh
*Djabidjan
*Dietsland
*Jurchenia
*The Iwi
*Luna
*Lakhzovia
*Preoira

Reports of piracy in the last few days present a concerning picture. With the Illumic at one end and the Matilda's at the other the Krimeon is an important naval passageway. It is our belief that we need to formulate a united policy regarding such actions. Previously the Illumic had become a hotbed of piracy and action by various regional organisations has all but eradicated that from the region. I believe that we should therefore learn from their example and meet to ensure that we, as a group of nations, can ensure the safety of important trade links. I would therefore like to invite representatives to Westlinton to discuss such matters.

Best Regards

Queen Diane

It had been some time since Westlinton had received overseas visitors but with the reports of pirates in the Krimeon it was important steps where being taken by everyone in the region. As a result the airport was expecting the various VIP aircraft and waterborne traffic had been given a curfew on the Papcastle Ruddock Canal that ran through the city. It was routine that any visitor was given a trip down the waterway that had once been a main transport artery of the city in the 1800's. It was today more popular with tourists and some small local industries and while some cities may close airspace for VIP's here in Eskdale they close waterways.

Prince Henry, the Queen's younger brother was waiting to meet the delegates. At one time he had been regent of Eskdale for 12 months as Diane had nursed her husband through his terminal illness however since she took back the reigns in 2015 he had contented himself with the odd royal function, public appearance and occasional consultancy with a shipyard. Today though he was looking forward to something more meaty. His personal secretary informed him the first aircraft was turning up and so Henry watched the aircraft grow larger before touching down.

Offline Lijiang

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lijiang
Re: A call to the Krimeon
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 10:30:06 PM »
The Dragon Emperor knew that the security of shipping was important. The new Vertebrae Ports were running full steam ahead now welcoming shipping from East Moreland, Royal Seleucid and the S.U.N nations. If they were to get even busier it was vital waterways like the Krimeon were kept free from danger. With that in mind High Lord Li Ki was sent, his province contained the entrance to the port system and so it was important he was part of the talks. It was well known though that the High Lord was really more of a figure head for the Lóngzui region and so his 30 year old son Lim was sent as well to do the talking.

As they arrived the High Lord and his son bowed deeply as a sign of respect and then greeted the Prince. "Thank you for organising this gathering. I look forward to co-operating with your Kingdom and I hope to see some of your nation." he said rather formally. 

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 03:40:31 PM »
Taika Sevasi was the most trusted member of King Piripi's diplomatic team and so had been dispatched to Eskdale. The Maori found themselves at opposite ends of the Krimeon from Eskdale and until now had limited contact with Queen Diane. With the Maori being one of three nations that effectively controlled the Eastern end of the Krimeon via the Matildas Taika was keen to ensure the Maori were seen as doing their bit and with the Cenneg, Lodjain and East Moreland ships currently still in the Commonwealth following the Daito situation it would give him perhaps even more to play with than normally. He had to wait a few minutes for the Lijiangian aircraft to move out the way and then he cautiously decended the steps, his walking cane in his left hand a reminder of the ills done to him by the Seleucid when he was a younger man. He was not sure how to feel about Lijiang, on one hand they seemed a nation keen to rub along with the world yet they had concluded a trade deal with the very people who had destroyed most of Taika's knee cap. He waited for the High Lord and his son to step aside before approaching the Prince. "He gave a smaller bow than the Lijiang delegation, bowing being seen as not really important to the Maori but recognised as something others did and so Taika obliged. "Good Morning Prince Henry. Its a pelasure to meet you."

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2023, 06:58:21 PM »

While it was not exactly a topic which disturbed Djabidjan City, Djabidjan's government was glad to answer and atend this diplomatic initiative. This time, Deputy Premier Tieu Quang Vinh would accompany -or maybe, it was difficult to say, the other way- Minister of Foreign Affairs Lee Jung-nam.

"A pleasure to be invited to this meeting", Minister Lee said to their hosts, just before they greeted the other guests invited to the rest of guests who had arrived.

Offline FFion

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tongxiao
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2023, 08:04:30 PM »
A conference for the Krimeon? Queen Talulla McElligott hadn't been expecting anything like this to happen anytime soon but along with Major-General Brân Lochlainn she had made her way to Eskdale. It seemed rather fitting to her that in some way they'd be cruising the rivers on the way to discuss things to do with piracy. She was not too worried about it herself but it was always good to be prepared for these matters. She greeted Henry and then boarded the boat ready for the trip.

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2023, 10:12:53 PM »
Prince Henry was suspecting that his sister would be feeling a little disappointed. It wouldn't though stop the day from going ahead and with some luck positive steps would come out of it. The barges had been set up to ensure the final stage of the journey was comfortable and hopefully a nice insight into the city of Westlinton. The parts near the canal itself where still evidently from the industrial revolution that the nation had passed through in the late 1700's. While hundreds of years ago the warehouses stored wool, coal, iron and a variety of other materials for use in the factories that dominated the skyline once upon a time, today they were offices, or trendy appartments, one or two were even bars. Today a few curious onlookers peered out to watch the barges pass by, each one bearing the flag of Eskdale off the rear portside and the guests on the starboard. An off branch of the canal ran straight past the bottom of the garden of Queen Anne's Palace and down by the dockside Queen Diane waited to greet the delegations. There were a series of benches alongside the dock and she sat with the slowly growing number of guests until all had arrived and then walked as a group up the beautifully cared for lawn, past the small herb garden which at this time of year was just beginning to get aromatic as the mint mixed with the wild garlic. They entered the Palace and made themselves upstairs to the Paget Drawing Room, so named after the Palace's founder's family. It was a room now filled with large comfortable chairs tucked under a freshly varnished oak table. Little name tags showed where each person should sit and a specially prepared bank of headphones to various translators were handed to each party as they sat.

Satisfied everything was in place Queen Diane began. "It is good to meet each and every one of you. Its my hope that today we can put into place a series of measures that will allow us to co-operate to ensure that this piracy problem is eradicated. Between the five of us we can ensure that our trade shipping is unharmed by this threat. While so far we have had a single incident I am keen to ensure that is all that happens. With this in mind I would like to make a proposal. It sadly will need some reworking. I had drafted a plan that would have seen the Krimeon split into areas of safety. Each of us would have taken a portion of the sea to look after two trade routes, one in the south, the other the north. We would run patrols along these routes thus helping trade shipping have confidence in the region being secure for their passage. We will of course now have to revisit this idea as we lack some key attendees if this plan was to work. Can I therefore ask each of you what you propose?"

Offline Lijiang

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2023, 11:09:46 PM »
Li Ki enjoyed the journey along the canal. The industrial revolution was something very different in Lijiang where the vast majority of people had remained in the agricultural sector. He thought in some ways this was merely a man made version of his nations own mighty "Dragon-Spine" river which flowed deep into the interior of the nation. While Li Ki enjoyed the scenary and a local beverage his son, Lim was busy scanning through various notes he'd made on his digital tablet. As they arrived Li Ki exited and with his hands at his side gave a stiff formal bow to Diane, his son followed and did likewise. The High Lord followed the monarch across the lawn and into the Palace. As they got seated he turned to his son. "This diplomatic endeouver is vital to our family name. It has been centuries since the High Lords of Lóngzui have been given a chance to represent the Majestic Empire. I expect you to conduct yourself in a manner to bring pride to our ancestors and to me."

"Don't worry father." Lim placed a reassuring hand on his fathers shoulder. "I know that between us we can ensure the Dragon-Emperor will be pleased with the outcome of today." he thanked the aide for the head phones and took the seat next to his father. He listened carefully to Queen Diane and had to agree that her approach was one that would be workable, but only if they had the full attendance. He thought and began scribbling away on his tablet while his father seemed puzzled at what his son was doing. Li Ki was much less tech savvy and considered chiding his son until he flashed him what he had been doing. As Diane finished talking Lim leaned close to his father. "May I address her?" He asked.

Li Ki thought for a moment or two. Back home whatever happened it would be his name attached to it but in truth while here he could allow his son to speak for now and if things went wrong he could blame the boys inexperience and manoeuvre in a different direction. "Go ahead son." he permitted his heir to speak.

"Your Majesty" he stood and faced Diane  thinking to leave a brief pause to allow the translator to keep up. "Thank you first for inviting us to your wonderful home. I am grateful for the chance to view the beautiful river and hope you will one day come and visit our own waterway that defines our nation. Today though I am saddened that we meet under the problems we potentially face. Our nation has worked hard to make sure we are ready and prepared for the 21st Century demands of global shipping. We are therefore not willing to let the Krimeon become a hotbed for piracy. It is my understanding however that at present there have been very few issues but it is better to put the fire out while the kindling is still catching rather than wait for the flames to burn down your roof. I would have expected our Majestic Empire to support Your Majesties plan. I though agree that with five of us to cover the whole Krimeon the idea of it being divided how you say and manning two routes is likely not to take place. I would therefore maybe suggest a single corridor. Each of us maintaining a constant patrol in that region with whatever assets we deem best. It will naturally mean some nations operating for a prolonged period away from home waters but I believe the division I have here would likely provide a way for commerce to flow." he handed his tablet around the room allowing each to see his quickly put together diagram. "Naturally I am an unseasoned diplomat so I now yield the floor to others for their views."
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 11:21:42 PM by Lijiang »

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2023, 08:24:04 AM »
Taika could have done without the walk after a long ride on the boat but ironically as his knee had just unstiffened itself it was now time to get down to business. He took his seat and looked round at the others, he knew very little about any of them but hopefully that would change during the course of this meeting. He took the image Lim had handed around on his computer and after some thought he raised a hand to speak, more so that it meant he wouldn't have to stand to be considered to speak. "I would like to first echo the thanks given by the High Lords son. What Lim has proposed is a solid measure and one that the Commonwealth will gladly support. Following the issues between our East Ardian neighbours and with Rokkenjima and our own relationship over the year or so our navy has been quiet active, we'd therefore easily be able to fulfil our obligation under what appears to be a "Rainbow Route" " he said looking at the multi-coloured stripe across the Krimeon. "My concern is though that this does not end piracy if there is any. To date there has been one issue that I have seen and as someone whose nation partly sits at the narrowest part of the Krimeon we are confident piracy is not a rampant issue. Now I think we can learn a lot from how the Morelanders lead the campaign that has ended piracy in the Illumic. There they didn't just seek to secure trade routes, the problem is that not all ships will use the Rainbow Route as some will have to move off to other nations or won't be transitting in the east-west aspect or vice versa, they'll be going North-South or South-North. As a result I think we need to put together a task force that is capable of responding to acts of piracy both at sea, in terms of retaking vessels, and of striking at the bases of pirates wherever they are. We can not rely on just one plan."

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2023, 04:07:07 PM »

"We concurr in the need in cooperation to deal with this problem", Minister Lee Jung-nam said. "We, of course, offer our cooperation. While other actions may be eventually required to achieve such a goal that the present conference establishes, we see the establishment of a corridor a possible solution in which we would offer our cooperation".

"However", Minister Lee continued after a pause, "it is my understanding that demanding the same responsibilities and tasks for every member of this proposed joint effort may not be exactly reasonable. On the contrary, we propose that this joint cooperation takes into account the capabilities of each nation, as well as other considerations, to decide the contribution and task of every nation regarding the routes and tasks required to protect the seas".

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2023, 11:04:57 PM »
Taika knew not all nations around the table were equal, at least not in terms of their capabilities, however as he saw it they had two seperate measures before them. "Minister Lee is correct that we all have different capabilities. If we stand our own, or the Djabidjan Navy alongside that of Eskdale or even Ruasliabh there is, how best to put this....inconsistencies. However Minister Lee I am sure that you'd agree that despite our nations lacking perhaps in quantity or in some cases modernity, we are both willing to try and step up. This rainbow route idea is essentially focusing maritime patrols, something I suspect is routine among us. Rather than roaming the Krimeon we need to agree to make our primary focus the section allocated to us on the rainbow route. I would therefore propose that in order to help those nations with less naval numbers we agree that we shall share naval intelligence on ship movements unless we deem doing so would endanger our own national security." He stopped for a moment. "Now while, embarassing as it is, the Iwi may lack modern naval capacity one thing we do have is very committed and dedicated soldiers. This task force will require manpower and we'd be more than happy to bolster that. I don't think we should set quotas or limits but each nation provide what they can within their own merits. At present this piracy is extremely low scale, if we get on top of it from the beginning then we can ensure it stays that way and a minor nuisance is easier to eradicate than allowing it to blossom and get its roots embedded."

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2023, 06:37:24 PM »
Diane was glad people seemed keen to at least do something, what worried her though was some of the non comital moments from some of those in attendance when it meant putting boats in the water. "If it is of any help I will here and now issue that RCV Oddendale along with its enoturage of RCV Farleton, RCV Keld and RCV Redhill and Warcop will be made avaliable to plug any holes in the "Rainbow Route" in addition members of our Royal Marines will be forming an anti-piracy force onboard Oddendale. Should anyone else be willing to share assets I am confident we can plug as many gaps as appear."

Offline Sorrel

• Microstate
  • Idk man I’m just a bird
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Deterria
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2023, 11:11:35 PM »
(OOC - sorry I was late to this, had irl commitments)

Graeme Harforde, the Preorian Secretary of State for Defence, had arrived last to the meeting. An unfortunate set of circumstances had delayed his flight out of Caerfyrddin. But still he had come prepared, the recent news that pirates had seized a ship and sailed it that close to the Republic's seas had sparked significant controversy within the Navy. How was it that this vessel was not detected and intercepted properly by Preorian assets and instead a Rokkenjiman warship? The only immediate answer was complacency in procedure - any lack of awareness on behalf of the Navy would have to be investigated separately though, and this meeting offered a more permanent solution to nip what could be a growing issue in the bud.

"If I may add..." He stated, "We are more than prepared to allocate sufficient assets to help in ensuring that coverage of the presented plan is optimal. However the opinions offered are valid, the forces presented vary significantly in capability, and piracy is an issue that affects us all were it to take root in the Krimeon. I would therefore suggest that a more appropriate method to approach this situation that will ensure that we are able to present a strong, unified presence to deter further attempts to attack civilian shipping may be to implement international squadrons. Where each sector currently drawn up is patrolled by warships of all nationalities under a flagship of the state responsible for that particular sector. Not only would this solution put far less pressure on states with less available vessels, but it would also promote closer cooperation and integration between our forces thus giving us greater ability to respond to threats that endanger all of us."

The secretary took a moment to leaf through some of the paperwork in front of him. "My government is otherwise happy to both host any offered forces and contribute assets to bolster any nation that requires assistance in meeting appropriate coverage of their sector."

Offline FFion

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2023, 10:33:31 PM »
Queen Talulla McElligott had been content to let the others speak as til now they seemed to be saying what she was thinking. She exchanged a few scribbled messages with Major-General Brân Lochlainn and then after the Preorian Secretary of State finished speaking she voiced her view. "Ruasliabh agree broadly with everything that is being said so far however I think what we have is four, not two issues. At the moment we've people discussing ship protection routes and strike teams but perhaps we're not discussing the actual issue. People don't turn to piracy because of its appeal or the fact they're fans of Jack Sparrow. They turn to piracy because they feel they have no other option, or in some cases are forced. I don't know about anyone else but I feel sorry for these people. What we need therefore is a four step approach. Step One is of course to make an immediate stop to piracy. We do that through establishing what it appears we are calling the rainbow route. That will give the vast majority of fishing heading through the region security and thats what we need. That will be achieved either by nations policing their own zone but also patrolling the wider Krimeon if possible. Naturally if a nation can't, for whatever reason, police their section of the "rainbow route"  then we can help out. I suggest nations like Eskdale and Preoria who have already discussed offering forces form a "pool" of assets that other nations can request."

"My second step is to look at a longer term use of policing the region so to speak. "Mr.Harforde has spoken of international squadrons. I think this is an interesting idea however its a long term idea. It takes time for nations to work out how each other operates, to become accustomed with their capabilities and weaknesses. The best time to be doing that is probably not in the middle of a live anti-piracy operation. May I therefore suggest that we spend the next two months focusing on individually tackling the issue of piracy in our waters and at the same time begin sharing intelligence on piracy. Then at the end of those two months we undertake a large scale naval exercise designed to present a show of force to would be pirates and simultaniously allow us to learn from each other. I would even be willing to open my Federation up to hosting officers from other navies onboard our ships during such a thing."

"Step three means that we must not give pirates a place to operate from and therefore I fully support some kind of strike force group to tackle their base of operations as and when we discover their location. Now I am both happy and disappointed that Lakhzovia has not attended. First happy because if they ignore such an invitation to tackle piracy it must be an issue that they are not concerned about and as Mr.Harforde mentioned the fact we are just learning of it means it is not wide spread. I am though disappointed as they are the ones with intelligence at the moment. I therefore propose at the end of this discussion we send representatives to try and get access to those locked up for this act of piracy. This will hopefully allow the strike team to formulate a plan."

"Finally I believe we must look at offering chances to develop areas where piracy takes place. If we can provide people there with legitimate incomes and a brighter future they won't take to the seas. I therefore propose we form an international development fund, accessable to any Krimeon nation regardless of piracy. This fund would be able to collect funds from our governments or even private donations to make avialible funds for such things as education, supporting local entrepreneurs and the like."

"That is where Ruasliabh stands at present."

Offline Lijiang

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2023, 04:15:07 PM »
Li Ki had to admit he was impressed with Queen Talulla's explanation. "I think Her Majesty talks a lot of sense. This is not a problem to be overcome simply by blowing up a few ships. If there are people in desperate need then seeing ships getting sunk and people arrested is likely to put people off taking this course of action. Poverty leads to desperation and those people are then likely to be easily lead. While of course we need to track down the masterminds of these projects we also need to make sure that they lack recruits. They are likely to not risk the seas themselves. So I suspect we need to move this forwad. Might I therefore suggest we put into place the following agreement." His son had busily drawn up something.

Quote from: The Krimeon Anti-Piracy Programme

On the ?????? the nations that have signed this document with the intention of ending piracy in the Krimeon. The nations have agreed to a four step solution which is outlined in this document.

Step 1 - Protecting Shipping.

a) The Krimeon will have a recognised maritime trade route that will be divided into zones for each nation. This shall be called the Rainbow Route.

b) Each nation shall maintain a naval, and if possible, aerial prescence in the region designated to them.

c) While this route is in international waters signatories will allow, as far as possible, the nation designated that section of the Rainbow Route to take a lead in handling security for that region.

d) Details of this route will be published and commercial shipping passing through the Krimeon is recommended to utilise it.

e) Details of this route will be published and military shipping from non-signatory nations are recommended to liase with the designated responsible nation while operating in the area.

f) Any nation stopping acts of piracy in the region shall, as far as practical, take any seized vessel and its crew to the nearest signatory nation for processing.

Step 2 - Establishing Co-Operation

a) The signatory nations will, as far as possible, provide resources to a Krimeon Naval Coalition (KNC).

b) The KNC resources will be allocated first to nations who believe they need support fulfilling their patrols of the Rainbow Route and then to a multi-national team patrolling the extremities of the Rainbow Route.

c) The KNC will undertake in October 2023 a series of naval exercises and drills.

d) The KNC will establish an officer exchange programme allowing officers to gain knowledge and experience of different nations militaries.

Step 3 - Preventing the establishment of a Krimeon base of operations for Piracy

a) The signatory nations shall establish a Krimeon Strike Force (KSF).

b) The KSF shall be made up of a collection of land, air and sea assets made avaliable for missions designed to disrupt pirate operations.

c) Each nation providing forces shall nominate an officer to be their nations KSF representative.

d) If a base of operations is discovered within a nations territory or waters (territorial and EEZ) as recognised under the terms of the FSC then the officer from that nation shall take command of disruption operations.

e) If a base of operations is discovered outside of all signatory nations then negotiations with the nation in question shall be carried out by representatives of signatory nations. This may include offering KSF assets to support that nation.

f) Any individuals taken prisoner during operations are to be handed over to their home nation in the first instance so long as that nation will place that individual on trial. If that will not take place then the nation of the ship which was pirated will have authority over the prisoner on condition that they will place the person on trial. Should neither of these things be possible then the nation making the arrest will take control of the prisoner.

Step 4 - Removing the Need for Piracy

a) The signatory nations shall establish the Krimeon Development Fund (KDF)

b) The KDF shall hold a balance of funds as made available by signatory nations, private donations or corporate gifts. Any funds given more than $10,000 shall be declared publicly.

c) Any signatory nation may appoint a Trustee to the KDF.

d) The purpose of the KDF shall be to offer micro-loans to individuals in the Krimeon region who intend to establish or expand small businesses or enterprises.

e) No micro-loan may be for more than $100,000.

f) The development loans can be used for any of the following purposes.

i)To improve regional access to education
ii)To improve the standard of agriculture and aquaculture.
iii)To provide better access to clean water, energy production, health care or waste disposal.
iv)To create employment opportunities for people outside the person applying's family.

g) Those gaining mirco-loans for purposes ii and iv shall make the accounts of the enterprise available for the next eight years. Should the enterprise make in excess of $500,000 before tax the enterprise shall begin repaying the loan. Trustees shall negotiate with the enterprise a reasonable rate of repayment.

h) Once/if the enterprise begin making repayments they will be charged 1% interest. All payments, including interest shall be repaid into the KDF.

i) If after eight years the enterprise has not made in excess of $500,000 before tax then the loan shall be written off.

k) Enterprises located in any nation with a border touching the Krimeon may apply for the micro-loans.

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2023, 01:08:28 PM »
Queen Diane was rather impressed with the draft that the young man from Lijiang had put together. It seemed to be rather concise but would clearly send a clear message that the Krimeon where not going to accept piracy. It also would go some way towards letting the region begin to work together. She had seen the power of how that worked well in the Mhorish and Illumic and if this was successful the third sea that Eskdale was on would be pretty secure. "Thank you for this draft. I don't see much to add to this however if we are talking of potential aerial prescence in Step One then perhaps when we talk of the KNC Officer exchange we could make it so that this extends to air force as well? Otherwise I'm pretty happy to put Eskdale's seal of approval on this."

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2023, 07:55:44 PM »
OOC - I'm assuming that no one has any obejctions to this so unless anyone says anything on Saturday we can move this forward.

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2023, 08:14:27 PM »
The Commonwealth of the Iwi supports the proposal

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2023, 05:53:18 PM »
Diane was delighted, it seemed that they had a path forward. "If we are now in agreement I suggest that we each sign the document and then we can instruct our navies to bring this piracy to an end."

On the 29th April 2023 the nations that have signed this document have done so with the intention of ending piracy in the Krimeon. The nations have agreed to a four step solution which is outlined in this document.

a) The Krimeon will have a recognised maritime trade route that will be divided into zones for each nation. This shall be called the Rainbow Route.

b) Each nation shall maintain a naval, and if possible, aerial prescence in the region designated to them.

c) While this route is in international waters signatories will allow, as far as possible, the nation designated that section of the Rainbow Route to take a lead in handling security for that region.

d) Details of this route will be published and commercial shipping passing through the Krimeon is recommended to utilise it.

e) Details of this route will be published and military shipping from non-signatory nations are recommended to liase with the designated responsible nation while operating in the area.

f) Any nation stopping acts of piracy in the region shall, as far as practical, take any seized vessel and its crew to the nearest signatory nation for processing.

a) The signatory nations will, as far as possible, provide resources to a Krimeon Naval Coalition (KNC).

b) The KNC resources will be allocated first to nations who believe they need support fulfilling their patrols of the Rainbow Route and then to a multi-national team patrolling the extremities of the Rainbow Route.

c) The KNC will undertake in October 2023 a series of naval exercises and drills.

d) The KNC will establish an officer exchange programme allowing officers to gain knowledge and experience of different nations militaries.

Step 3 - Preventing the establishment of a Krimeon base of operations for Piracy

b) The KSF shall be made up of a collection of land, air and sea assets made avaliable for missions designed to disrupt pirate operations.

c) Each nation providing forces shall nominate an officer to be their nations KSF representative.

d) If a base of operations is discovered within a nations territory or waters (territorial and EEZ) as recognised under the terms of the FSC then the officer from that nation shall take command of disruption operations.

e) If a base of operations is discovered outside of all signatory nations then negotiations with the nation in question shall be carried out by representatives of signatory nations. This may include offering KSF assets to support that nation.

f) Any individuals taken prisoner during operations are to be handed over to their home nation in the first instance so long as that nation will place that individual on trial. If that will not take place then the nation of the ship which was pirated will have authority over the prisoner on condition that they will place the person on trial. Should neither of these things be possible then the nation making the arrest will take control of the prisoner.

b) The KDF shall hold a balance of funds as made available by signatory nations, private donations or corporate gifts. Any funds given more than $10,000 shall be declared publicly.

d) The purpose of the KDF shall be to offer micro-loans to individuals in the Krimeon region who intend to establish or expand small businesses or enterprises.

iii)To provide better access to clean water, energy production, health care or waste disposal.
iv)To create employment opportunities for people outside the person applying's family.

g) Those gaining mirco-loans for purposes ii and iv shall make the accounts of the enterprise available for the next eight years. Should the enterprise make in excess of $500,000 before tax the enterprise shall begin repaying the loan. Trustees shall negotiate with the enterprise a reasonable rate of repayment.

h) Once/if the enterprise begin making repayments they will be charged 1% interest. All payments, including interest shall be repaid into the KDF.

i) If after eight years the enterprise has not made in excess of $500,000 before tax then the loan shall be written off.

k) Enterprises located in any nation with a border touching the Krimeon may apply for the micro-loans.

Signed

Queen Diane of Eskdale

Offline Lijiang

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2023, 06:44:02 PM »
"On behalf of the Dragon-Emperor I will sign this treaty" High Lord Li Ki informed the room

On the 29th April 2023 the nations that have signed this document have done so with the intention of ending piracy in the Krimeon. The nations have agreed to a four step solution which is outlined in this document.

Signed

Queen Diane of Eskdale
High Lord Li Ki on behalf of the Dragon-Emperor of Lijiang.

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2023, 08:05:25 PM »
Taika Sevasi was pleased with the agreement and cheerfully added the approval of the Commonwealth

Signed

Queen Diane of Eskdale

Signed

Queen Diane of Eskdale
Taika Sevasi on behalf of His Majesty King Piripi of the Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi

Offline FFion

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2023, 08:53:28 PM »
Following the Maori envoy signing the document it was Queen Talullah who signed it next

Signed

Queen Diane of Eskdale
Taika Sevasi on behalf of His Majesty King Piripi of the Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi
Queen Talullah of Cónaidhm na Ruasliabh

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2023, 07:53:28 AM »

Minister Lee Jung-nam, after carefully rereading the final draft of the document, looked back at Tieu, who simply nodded his head. It was difficult to predict the outcome, Lee felt, but he was confident that the most important effect will go beyond the actual text of the treaty. Minister Lee joined his colleagues and he was the next to sign the document.

Signed

Queen Diane of Eskdale
Queen Talullah of Cónaidhm na Ruasliabh
Minister of Foreign Affairs Lee Jung-nam, representing the Republic of Djabidjan