Author Topic: An Imperial Housewarming 2: Electric Boogaloo [COMPLETELY OPEN]  (Read 2610 times)

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima

An Invitation To Our Global Neighbours

Nearly nineteen years ago my mother, the Saisei Empress, came before the community of nations to announce the success of the Anselmo Restoration and the banishment of the Federal Republic. In her times Rokkenjima had been "a nation in decay, a naval power in severe decline which could barely defend herself, a state of affairs which allowed pirates to lay waste to domestic and foreign shipping." She declared an end to that era and the dawn of an era anew, bringing into fruition the First Empire of Rokkenjima. At that time the Second Great Patriotic War was the greatest challenge Rokkenjima had faced and today, I find myself in a similar yet much different position she once held.

Following a series of circumstances which could have plunged Eastern Ardia into a most devastating war, one with the potential to have consequences far beyond our borders, it falls upon me to declare the end of an era and the birth of one anew; indeed, the reigns of my aunts represent an interregnum between the Saisei and Sutāraito Eras and the two share many things in common. When my mother approached the world the First Empire held few connections abroad, it was a fledgling nation upon the international stage and many things were in a state of disrepair. Today, while the First Empire may claim strength in her Navy and economy, an accumulation of diplomatic miscalculations and a reliance upon past glories resulted in an arrogance which has left Rokkenjima diplomatically deficient. While our sword may be strong, while we may be capable of raining down upon adversaries with firepower, a lone sword can always be broken against a multitude of blades; without something to defend, all while lacking those which that blade would seek to defend, such a sword may as well lay upon the ground broken and discarded. Whereas we once spoke to the world around us and forged cooperation and collaboration my predecessors have relied upon economic coercion, military might and hammers in the place of pens. The goodwill which was built up over several years of engaging with Mundus was squandered with the mentality that our way was the only right way, that we lived in a world which demanded we seek the next adversary, and that we could do absolutely no wrong, regardless of the issue before us.

My mother sought to restore the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy, a worthy endeavour in its time and one which proved correct, yet I feel as though that path she embarked us upon, one which prioritized military might, has left us in the state we exist in today. Any nation fully reliant upon itself is doomed to a self-imposed isolation, for if we do not venture beyond our borders for new ideas, shared knowledge and a joint pursuit to forge a better Mundus for one and all, if we're left believing that our way is the only one which is true and just, any such nation cannot evolve and will find itself looking at a world that transcends beyond anything it could ever envision. Such a cycle, as we've seen in recent history, is not one which I will seek to emulate or perpetuate.

With this being stated I invite diplomats and ambassadors from across Mundus to establish, and re-establish, ties between the First Empire and our neighbours near and afar. I look forward to casting off the isolation which the arrogance of my predecessors allowed to manifest, to show that Rokkenjima is not a nation which is incapable of learning from past shortcomings, and to once again be a voice amongst a choir which seeks a better, more equitable and inclusive Mundus for all Peoples and Nations. I have planned a formal state dinner to be held within one weeks time and I invite all foreign diplomats and dignitaries to join me at my home, the Imperial Palace, and assure you that it will be well worth your energies and efforts. I am sure many of you are far more experienced than I am and I fully recognize that, I look forward to meeting you not only as a humble host but with the recognition of where to show deference and to know when to listen, instead of speaking. It is not lost upon me that I represent in myself a new generation of Rokkenjimans, those who wish to see Rokkenjima extend again the hand of friendship to the world, and to end this self-imposed isolation and work with those across the globe who wish for a better Mundus as we once truly did.

I look forward to welcoming both our friends and allies, and those who are presently on difficult terms with the First Empire, to this gathering to further our diplomatic engagement with the community of nations. Travel arrangements should be made through Pyrettania International Airport, after which ground transport will be provided to the Imperial Palace. Even those with whom we've had the most serious of disagreements with, perhaps especially so, I hope to welcome you to my home so that I may learn from you, hear your concerns, and work with you to establish a path forward which benefits our Nations and Peoples mutually.

I do not pretend I know what to expect of this message, in a way it is most certainly a message in a bottle, but I do hope I'm pleasantly surprised. With that I invite all of you to welcome this new Era with me, and to make each and every tomorrow which follows better than that which proceeded it.

Yours sincerely;

Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

OOC: I've been in a rut with Rokkenjima lately, so this will serve as a "soft reset" so to say for Rokkenjiman interactions with the broader community of nations. I do hope we can craft some amazing stories through this, and look forward to carrying on with this recaptured spark. :)

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
Re: An Imperial Housewarming 2: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 09:37:59 AM »

Empress Sutaraito,
   On the behalf of His Imperial Majesty, I wish to thank you for the invitation, and it is my most sincere hope that, in light of recent circumstances, it will serve to re-forge ties which were regrettably broken by the recent conflict, as well as by elements within both our governments which would seek to disrupt the peace which has otherwise fallen over East Ardia. However, I do regret that I must inform you that His Imperial Majesty, the Emperor, will not be able to attend this gathering, owing to his upcoming tour of Tsukishima and Hokuriku. In his stead, I, alongside Prince Etsuji and his son, Fumihiko, will attend as representatives of the Empire of Daitō. I look forwards to this new chapter in not merely the history of Rokkenjima, but of the world as a whole, and it is my wish that perhaps, though of course there may be misgivings towards such a move, we may be able to find some form of common ground from which we can build stronger ties than before.
Signed,
Sadazane Konishi, Prime Minister of Daitō

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
Re: An Imperial Housewarming 2: Electric Boogaloo [COMPLETELY OPEN]
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2023, 03:58:25 AM »

Office of Ambassador Tamriko Akhvlediani, Unitary State of Mktvartvelo

It can be only our wish that your hopes are confirmed, and your nation is able to vanish the recent clouds which had appeared on the horizon, and your nation is able to enter a needed age of peace and prosperity for your people.

Unfortunately, due to our traditional Summer celebrations and already established agenda for the coming date, it will not be possible for the most important officials of the government, as such meeting would be deserving, to attend personally. In such circumstances, I'll be honoured to once again represent my nation for this unique occasion.

Yours sincerely,
Ambassador Tamriko Akhvlediani
Unitary State of Mktvartvelo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2023, 04:31:54 AM »

It was a day to be remembered, and one which would go down in the books of history one way or another. The Empress was on station to receive her guests from across Mundus, she wouldn't have it any other way, if she couldn't invite them personally, she felt, she had no business speaking with them later on. The preparations had all been made ahead of this day, with due attention being paid to pomp and circumstance. Alternating along the way to the Imperial Palace each member of the Imperial Guard would hold flags, alternating, between the Imperial Rokkenjiman Flag and the standard of the Head of State/Government passing, switching at a notice of moments as the vehicles proceeded toward the Imperial Palace. At the end of this procession would be the Empress, ready to greet her guests and make them feel at home in hers, and she was present and ready for her duties.

"The Daitiojin are the first," would befall her right ear to which she nodded accordingly, preparing herself for an awkward encounter. After all, her predecessors had not left her an easy encounter, though she was confident in her skills and what she had learned abroad for this occasion. As their entourage approached she dare not lowered her head lower than theirs and, in a voice commanding of respect for one of her age, spake the following words. "Resected Prime Minister, Prince Etsuji, Fumihiko, welcome to the First Empire. I am humbled that you're the first I get to greet on this day, and may I convey personally my regrets for the loss of life between our nations and peoples. Such things, quite simply, should not happen and while I could say a thousand things in this moment, know that I regret deeply that our first meeting takes place after such irreplaceable losses. If there is anything beyond what I've already seen put into motion, please let me know. My heart broke a thousand times when I learned of the events of that day and, while I cannot bring the dead back to life, I promise I will do all that is possible in this life to atone for the sins of the previous government. That being said, as we await out pending guests, please join my staff for light refreshments." Looking to the Prime Minister directly she continued, "I may have a pedigree in Tytorian studies but Daito is a nation I've studied almost as closely, in many ways we're cousins too, I wish to see us embrace reconciliation over retribution. Let us tame together the worst impulses of our governments, let us see today as a chance to forge friendship"

She held out her hand to the Prime Minister for a handshake, casting a glare to the photographers to not take advantage of a genuine moment, at least for her. "Let us not repeat the mistakes which led us to this moment, and let the next time I shake your hand be one of mutual love," she concluded, uncertain if her motions would be returned mutually.

The next guest to arrive would be Ambassador Tamriko Akhvlediani of the Unitary State of Mktvartvelo, a nation with which the First Empire had not had broad interactions with in the past. This was a shame, at least the Empress thought, as she could recall lessons on a proactive Imperial Diplomatic Corps engaging with nations of all sizes with such vigor as to be the envy of foreign diplomatic services. In many ways she felt as though she was trying to make up for lost time, with a fair share of lament that opportunities had been left squandered for so long. Still, as the old saying went in some tongues, better late than never. The road not taken leaves opportunities never explored.

"Welcome to my home, Ambassador Akhvlediani. I certainly hope I do not waste your time today and I hope we may have a conversation later where I may learn more of your land and people. I must admit I know less than I would prefer about both, and am thankful for this opportunity to meet you today. Within you will be greeted with light refreshments, I have tried to reflect both a local and global palette, I trust there will be something to excite your tastebuds within as I greet all my guests today. It's important for me to do so personally as, just as you are all new to me in this capacity, I am new to you, and I expect we all have preconceived notions which will need to be cast away. Thank you again for joining me today."

Greeting Prime Minister Daniel Cleaver was an entirely different matter, with the Empress remembering the whole controversy over Jenka-Jenkinson, though she had to contain her excitement over seeing her father joining him. "Respected Prime Minister," she said with a smile she had less luck in containing, "thank you for accepting my invitation and allow me to apologize for the stir I caused, there's much I don't know still and I shouldn't have caused trouble where it need not be caused, I hope we can move beyond that together. If I may have a moment with the Crown Prince, please join the others for refreshments inside." Cleaver responded with a knowing nod, "Novice mistakes are to be expected but I understand you've grown beyond those days, as such I won't hold them against you."

"Empress Sutāraito, it is my honour..." Alexander would begin before finding himself struggling to stand against the impact of his daughters hug. "Screw diplomatic protocol, it's been too long," she said beaming with joy. "I know it's not Pyrena, but make yourself at home and know you're staying after the others have left. Also I had your TARDIS disassembled and moved over here when they were restoring the Imperial Palace so we can have some fun once the serious talks are out of the way. Mum never would let me play with it growing up but now that I'm Empress we're making up for lost time," she said with a playful wink.

"Definitely your mother's daughter," he would reply with a chuckle, "I wasn't miss your big debut for anything though, but I do think you're missing out on the network of tunnels in Pyrena though. Still, it's my favourite girl's big day and I know you'll make your mark. I'm so very proud of you and I love you," he said with a hug, before hugging her tighter. "This one's from your mother, she couldn't be here but she wished for me to send all her love nonetheless. Now then," he said, straightening his suit and tie, "wow them, this is your stage and we both have the utmost faith behind you." Smiling from ear to ear she nodded, "And then we play with the TARDIS after, yes?"

Alex sighed, "Yes, and I'll let you set the coordinates," he continued with a wink.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2023, 03:53:35 PM »

"It is a pleasure to meet you personally in this occasion, Your Majesty", Tamriko said to the Rokkenjiman host. "It is understandable. It is my hope we are able to have such conversation, indeed, the beginning of a more constructive relation between our nations".

"I started to be familiarized with the local taste", she continued, "so I am certain the offered refreshments will be greatly enjoyable. Unfortunately, no official from Mktvartvelo was able to travel with me, as we are about to start one of the most important religious and cultural celebration of the year. Still, I have personally received communication from the Brzdmtsveli herself that it will be a honour to invite you for a better time to meet you in person. I am hopeful my attendance today is a first and constructive step before that time".

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2023, 06:34:49 PM »
In Achkaerin, this invitation had prompted a fair bit of discussion among various parts of the leadership, it was of course important especially given recent revelations for a presence to be there but it also presented the first potential opportunity for something far more sensitive. The latter essentially meant that there was no prospect of a Royal being anywhere near this but someone of appropriate rank was required and so it was Olivia Leonidas who was sent to represent Achkaerin, chosen because she was very good at handling the sensitive things but also because she was the most explainable person when it came to if not a Royal then who? Olivia having been raised to some extent by the current Viceregent of Rokkenjima was the natural answer. She was accompanied by Luke Holmes, he had the more delicate task if the circumstances arose, this was not something easily staged but he had the advantage of being sent along as Olivia's security detail officially speaking this theoretically allowed him to stay in the background from where he'd be able to hopefully accomplish what he was there for.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2023, 09:43:41 PM »
   Back in Rokkenjima, and this time as Prime Minister. Sadazane Konishi had, of course, visited the country as part of a delegation of representatives back in early 2011, or was it late 2010? Honestly, he wasn't entirely certain of the date, other than knowing he had visited around twelve years ago, give or take a few months. It was certainly a different place back then than it is now, and yet he felt much as he had back then. Just a few months ago, Daitō and Rokkenjima had been at war, though one which neither he nor the Emperor had truly supported, even if he admitted privately that there was a persuasive case for it. Had the nation not needed his guidance in such a time, he would've offered his resignation, but between the Banwa Restoration and the War, it was clear he was needed, and would so as long as the people were confident in his party's—and his—leadership. Gone were the old days of one party rule, of the Yokusan system, of Sonyu's regime. Likewise, gone were the days of hardship and rebuilding which marked the Premierships of Toshinari, of Yanagihara, and of Shiba. Every few decades, the YFD had been able to redefine itself, first under Kazumasa Toshinari and then Satō. Starting today, he had that same opportunity.

By contrast, Prince Etsuji had never personally visited Rokkenjima. He had very nearly attended the coronation of Empress Saisei, of course, but due to him being drawn away by other work, the head of one of the shinnōke—cadet branches dating back any number of Emperors of the past—had attended in his stead. Similarly, such an occurrence had been seen with Evanthe's reign, so many eyes were on him now. Despite his love of architecture, which had nearly turned into a career were it not for his station, his role as a diplomat now took precedence, and perhaps, he thought as the state-car pulled up to the gates of the Imperial Palace, it would convince his son to let go of his wish to serve in the military. It was already bad enough, nearly losing his nephew and now liege due to the conflicts in Toshikawa and the Matildas, but he couldn't stomach the thought of it being his son. For his part, Fumihiko seemed less than interested, though he was perfectly willing to put up with the ceremony for the sake of appearances.

"I appreciate the thought, Your Majesty." Sadazane said, accepting the handshake with a smile. "While yes, we have seen much in the way of tragedy these past few months, now is the time for new beginnings. Lets not waste this newfound peace between our countries, shall we?"
   Following behind the Daitōjin, Mtkvarteli, and Achkaerinese delegations, and with much less fanfare, the motorcade belonging to Kalasin's new president, Arun Kaikaew, arrived outside of the Imperial Palace. Arun had studied political science in Daitō in the 90s, back when he and his family lived in the then-Circuit of Paechon. Of course, by the time he had graduated in 2002, the island, as well as Daitō's land on the Andean Peninsula, had been merged and transformed into a formally independent country, albeit one which formally had the Emperor of Daitō as its head of state. That arrangement came to an end, of course, as under the terms of the accords, a confederation was to be established, and it wouldn't make much sense for a part of it to be formally led by a foreign monarch despite the nation claiming to be a republic. Either way though, today was going to be a good day for his country, and perhaps something—anything—could be arranged to help put down the militants which, in the aftermath of the war, now ravaged the countryside on the mainland.

"Your Majesty," He said with a bow in the Daitōjin Ōnishi language—mutually intelligible with Rokkenjiman, of course—albeit with an accent. "I must say, having never been to the country before, Rokkenjima certainly has its charms. I'm glad to see that peace has returned to the region."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2023, 01:07:58 AM »

Once her guests were assembled the Empress cleared her throat and struck a glass thrice with a utensil, "It humbles me that you could all join me here today as I accept the first guests to my new home. Some of us have not had a chance to meet yet, others we may have complicated histories with, yet by the time this meeting concludes I hope to count all of you as my friends. I recognize that it has been some time since Rokkenjima has opened her doors to the international community to this extent, previous Empress' had their own styles and while I won't judge them on that, it's not the manner in which I shall conduct business. I wish for all of you to know that my lines shall always be open, my door always open, so if there's something we need to discuss, do not ever hessitate to reach out, please."

"Today we find ourselves in the Imperial Palace, a structure which has stood the tests of time and survived the turbulent era of the Federal Republic. I look around this room and I see those more experienced than I am, yet I have an advantage in a way: I have a perspective that isn't trained by the same experiences as you all. Even amongst our friends, such as the Achkaerinese, your Empress cut her teeth alongside the Saisei Empress, and while we shall undoubtedly work together in the future our perspectives are from largely different worlds. I represent a generation of Rokkenjimans who wish to see the divisions of the past and present set aside for what is truly a shared, global community come together to address common challenges, not tinged by the failures of those most recent attempts to do so. Though again it has always been the position of Rokkenjima to see in tomorrow something which is better than the present, it's what has guided my had thus far and I think that body of work speaks for itself," she said as she looked to Konishi.

"It was not long before I took Chrysanthemum Throne that our nations were brought to war, a conflict neither of us asked for but one which those on each side had to fight with the ferocity as if our continued existence were on the line. Today, we find ourselves in the same room not as enemies, but as treatied partners, putting aside differences in our shared vision for a more peaceful and prosperous future between us. My reign is very much transformative, and for any who have wished for a reset button, I am open to any paths which see a better Mundus before us all, so take the opportunities to speak with me to their fullest advantage because I can promise I am not a continuation of the past, I'm not interested in what happened yesterday as much as I am interested in what will happen tomorrow, a year from now, ten years from now....you get the idea. Today is the day we all get a rare opportunity, to press the pause button, and reset the board so to speak. I hope we shall all be willing to bravely walk into that new tomorrow without preconceived notions from yesterday, for I can promise you, they are no longer relevant. The pages that follow today are ours to write, let us write something good and beautiful, yes?"

"Custom dictates that I state what I expect of this gathering before offering you the opportunity to do the same and, I believe, I already have: the chance for new tomorrows, better tomorrows, a Mundus that is better for all our Peoples as we put aside ego and embrace what makes all of us who, and what, we are and accept that's nothing wrong, that we may find strength in our diversities. So I ask of you all, why did you come here today? What is it which you seek? Let us begin there." As she sat and awaited the next speaker she could have been mistaken for sharing a moment of eye contact with Fumihiko, though her attention was diverted by Thomas placing a supportive hand on her back. She didn't know who would take her open invitation, but she awaited it with anticipation.

OOC: You can still show up, just assume you've been through the welcoming committee and are in line next to speak.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Viljandi
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2023, 12:37:38 PM »
Empress Tanya Ydrakov while attending the Rokkenjima Empress’ housewarming, was accompanied by only one other guest, her plus one was a single Sverigish man in his mid 30’s. He’s name was Lars Byland, a journalist who is making a name for himself in the field of foreign policy journalism in his podcast simply called Compass affiliated with the Järnstad Telegram (aka JT), where his conducts interviews with diplomats, politicians, other media figures and academics twice a week. He started out as a junior columnist and is now a minor celebrity throughout UVBR’s news media. He was standing at 187cm tall, wearing a navy-blue business suit, white shirt, and red tie. The Empress was wearing almost a matching navy-blue pencil dress, a safe choice.

Usually, Lars would need a press pass for an event such as this, but seeing as this event to both the Empress’ or his knowledge was not opened to the press the Empress put him as her plus one under the premise of being a friend of the Empress. However, that was the official story, what no-one knew was that he was the Empress’ consort and father of her daughter Crown Princess Zoya Anastasia Ydrakov.

The Empress hugged him and kissed him on the cheek “When is your next time off?”

“August, I have 6 weeks long service leave.”

“Finally. Come to Khalivda, I have a dacha there. Zoya misses you, lyubov.”

“I miss her to…But…”

“She will not be 7 forever lyubov. Come to the palace. We’ll go on an autumn or winter vacation.”

“Don’t you have a country to run?”

“Well yeah, but even the Empress of one of the largest nations in the world need a break. Also, I’m creating the position of Imperial Chancellor…Let a bureaucrat do that paperwork.”

Lars smiled and chuckled “Of course.”

“Also one other thing”

“Go on?”

The Empress tilted her head and smiled mysteriously.

“I want another baby.”

Lars paused for a few seconds and cleared his throat. 

“I knew this would happen eventually…But hey I’m not saying no.”

“Wow…Really? I thought there would be more…Resistance. Not going to lie I was afraid I was going to scare you off.”

“Who am I to go against the will of my Empress?” He replied playfully.

She smiled and chuckled softly while holding back her laughter.

“What?”

“Oh nothing…You’ve just given me ideas for foreplay.”

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2023, 12:57:53 AM »
As she looked at her watch she took note of the time. "There will be a time for affairs of state, as well as propositions, to be considered. However, I have been informed that the kitchen staff have prepared dishes from the nations represented here today as well as some essential Rokkenjiman delicacies. Perhaps we may come to know each other better through the universal language, that of food and drink. I invite those of age to sample the Pyrenan Mead, it has been said to serve as a sweet introduction to my fine Empire. Please, do follow," she said as she led her guests to the State Dining Room.

As the Empress sat she felt the most comfortable she had since the beginning of this event. Taking a sip of her mead, fashioned with the addition of tangerine, peach and a hint of spices which gave Pyrenan its unique and prized taste, she sighed in relief as the warmth quelled her anxiety. Soon Gregory McKenna, Imperial Diplomatic Liaison and incoming Vicegerent, would be joining them shortly which would serve greatly any one-on-one talks which may be desired. She was soon distracted further by the dish before her, certainly not Rokkenjiman in origin or of any of the states she was more familiar with. Inquiring with her staff as to the dish and its origin she turned to Empress Tanya Ydrakov.

"Your pelmeni is fantastic," she said with a smile. "I've long enjoyed dumplings of many kinds, though this is something new to my palette. I do hope my chefs have presented an accurate portrayal, of course?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Viljandi
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2023, 11:13:55 AM »
Empress Tanya Ydrakov gently smiled "Thank you Empress, that means a lot. Pelmeni is one of those things where you can make it how you want. it can have lamb, chicken, beef, fish, even vegitables, many regions in Skalvia make it differently, but I'm glad you enjoyed it Your Majesty. I do however l absolutely love your sushimi and unagi, the authentic stuff. Not the imitations we get back home.

As she smiled she then turned to Lars and signled him to come over. "Lars honey, kindly give the Empress the gift."

He then raised his eyebrow and asked in a nervous tone "Um...You sure?"

She smiled Tanya smiled mischievously "Yes dear...Obey your Empress." She said playfully

He sighed and presented a one litre bottle with a crystal clear liquid with a black label. simple saying "Прозрачный" in common script it was Prozrachnyy, the translation being simply 'Clear'

Tanya simply smiled and said "You might want to be careful with that your majesty, its a brand of vodka made in the  central plains of the Uralki region from fermented cereal grains, this brand however is simply just from fermented potato's, it has no base flavour other than something a kin to ethanol, you you will want to combine it with something else to make it more palatable. Preferably with company" She said as she wrapped her right arm at the back of Lars's waist.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 11:26:11 AM by Viljandi »

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Baal System
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2023, 12:27:42 PM »
High Commissioner Jorman Sygvaldi was wearing a classic navy-blue business suit with a white business shirt and tie, with his wife. An equally tall woman, pale white skin, and long straight dark brown almost ebony hair in a long sleeve burgundy bodycon dress.

Her name was Jaana, she was the former ambassador to Rokkenjima under the later years of Beatrice’s reign and Erly Evanthe’s reign.

She was from Suomiland a constituent state of the UVBR and is said to be rather introverted and preferred one on one situations with dignitaries, however staying under the radar and her signature soft spoken and quiet demeanour has proven to be an asset to the Union.

Now however she was here with her husband to enjoy the atmosphere. She walked up to her husband with a glass of mead. “Dear, have you had mead, its not bad you know.”

He replied “Is that the drink that is...I think it’s fermented honey and varies types of fruits, mixed with water and hops?... I think?”

“Ja, I really smooth and subtly sweet, nice really”

Jorman than took a sip “Not bad.”

He then gently grabbed a glass from the nearest waiter serving the drink.

He then noticed the Empress of Skalvia getting rather friendly with a familiar face.

“Jaana kär…Is that Lars Byland?”

His wife then looked over to the direction. “I believe it is..and...Yes it looks like he is with the Empress of Skalvia.”

“So…Were both thinking it right?”

“Yep, one of our media institutions rising stars is shaking up with the Empress of Skalvia.”

He chuckled playfully and continued to enjoy the evening.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2023, 11:58:09 PM »
"Most fascinating indeed," the Empress would respond as she took another bite. "I'm pleased you too enjoy what we have to offer," she continued with a chuckle, "and if there's one thing we can work out here it will be that you will have access to authentic Rokkenjiman cuisine moving forward, at home. We'll work out the details later," she continued with a smile.

The Empress took the gift with a smile, chuckling again as she motioned to one of her staff who produced a bottle of their own, handing it to her counterpart. "Largely thanks to my mother Rokkenjima has a rather, shall we say, large stock of Quinntopian vodka. It's often been called a "mind eraser, no chaser" sort of drink, and it's been known to turn diplomatic functions into blackouts, or so I'm told. I've never had anything stronger than the mead presently on the table so please," she paused, "do understand if I give this one a few years before I try it. I also recommend you to not open the bottle I've presented you unless your evening is cleared of responsibilities and you've nothing important to attend to the following day."

As she continued and noticed her guests culinary needs were satisfied the Empress stood, bringing a fork to her glass gently but enough so that it produced a most pleasant ring to the ears of her guests. "Join me in proceeding to the Imperial Ball Room, there shall be entertainment provided by some of the best Rokkenjiman musical minds as well as opportunities for you and I to discuss more bilateral matters in one of the aside rooms." As she led her guests through the hallways to the Ball Room the Empress would point to various works of art, giving a brief summary of their significance as well as their origin. She couldn't help herself in making a comment on the history of the Palace itself.

"It's survived three eras of Rokkenjiman history, and while an Ardian construct served as the heart of our Empire for many years, today we walk in halls built by Rokkenjiman hands, maintained by Rokkenjiman hands and, most recently, restored by Rokkenjiman hands. We've fully reclaimed our future," she paused, "making a break from our recent past and reclaiming what was always rightfully ours. Enough history though, let us warm this house in a most certain way and look more to the future and less to the past." Looking around the room she looked to all her guests before asking, "Who shall be my first dance of the evening?" as the Imperial Pyrettanian Orchestra began to play their instruments.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2023, 02:06:50 PM »
"If you would allow me the honour" said President Cikniye stepping forwards and bowing towards the Empress. Noting her apparent surprise he added quietly so as only the two of them could hear "I can perhaps guess your surprise given my electoral rhetoric, but don't worry I have no worries being seen with you, I feel it sends rather a powerful message as to the continued strength of friendship between us."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2023, 12:57:28 AM »
"Most certainly," the Empress said, "not the partner I envisioned but I believe you'll do," she continued with a chuckle. "I can't imagine what it's like to have to campaign, it must be so exhausting," she continued as they danced, "you politicians certainly are an interesting breed in that aspect. I do look forward to speaking with you in full," she said as she saw Thomas casting glances her way, "though our time now is limited." she remarked  as they continued. "You're certainly courageous," she continued, "what, with the "total realignment" talk we saw in the press? Certainly, seeing you here taking the first dance will play into the fears of some that Lakhzovia is subservient to Rokkenjima," she paused as they transitioned to another dance at the initiation of the Empress.

"Yet unlike our present dance," she continued as she twirlled before rejoining arms with the President, "It has no bearing on our national relationship. You are our equal partners, and if it takes me speaking before the Lakhzov Legislature to prove it, I shall, without question. I'll fight for a relationship between us that recognizes and respects what Lakhzov-Nakim sought, despite the designs of my predecessors, can you meet me there?" she said as she twirled back into his arms. "Our time is over for now, join me later," she said as she drifted from him.

She next found herself in the arms of Thomas, "I'm especially glad you're the one who caught me," she said with a grin that would be cheesy to anyone but him, "I really do like you, you know?" she continued as he cradled her head more towards his, "Seriously," she continued, pausing only to catch her breath. "You're the only one I can be my real me with, you don't judge me, nor do you shirk in cowardice at my position, you might be one of only two people who treat me as a normal girl so," she paused as she drew closer to him, almost whispering "thank you, Thomas Emmanuel Roland Frederick Xavier Waverly-Edwards. Oh," she paused as she took her hand to his lower back, "I expect that my memory of your many names demands some compensation," she continued with a wink. "Can we discuss our vacation next year, or perhaps what we shall do in Floodwater?"

Beatrice Anselmo