Author Topic: Festival of Sail 2023 IC Thread  (Read 3350 times)

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
Re: Festival of Sail 2023 IC Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2023, 11:41:03 AM »
Augustin bit his tounge when Rhiannon asked how his school was like. What was he going to tell her and not ruin the mood?

"It's a boarding school, and at least boys are expected to spent three years in one, unless you want to join the actual military for a while after finishing school. So it's kind of a thing a lot of us do."

He stifles a sigh as Rhiannon takes her break:

"I was supposed to be in the one in the Capital, but some politicians complained we'd be picking favorites and that my Uncle was too easy on me. So we went with the one in Sturmheim. they are the ones who have the Sailing ships for Summercamp and are an old Cadet Academy. I'm glad Michael still holds some sway there, i get along better with the Convict Cadets than the other folks. They don't try to smooch me up or are mean to me just because I'm the Prince. I don't get to hang out too much with them though, because the Teachers think time spent with me are a reward for them they have to earn."

He wasn't going to mention the beatings you got whenever the teachers found a thing to punish you for. Orion had already torn the Principal a new one together with Michael when his previous Dorm Teacher left an actual scar on Augustin's back. He wasn't there anymore the next week, but it left him more afraid for those around him. Arseholes and Bootlickers they might be, but they where still his classmates.

"I'd be happy if i can manage. I'll have to check with Orion though. Or Albrecht." he made a bit of a face when the Regent was mentioned: "I bet Albrecht will find some stipulation to tie to that. Not to mention i want to be there for Ori. He's already unhappy about the whole next Year. It's his finals and then girls from all over are gonna fight over who gets to marry a Gay Emperor."

Augustin vehemently shook his head:

"Let's not talk about such heavy stuff. Today is a fun day! I'll try and see if i can get a couple days off to visit you. Just Promise me you and your siblings come visit us as well! Preferably all of them. Our Airships are mostly gentle, so i think Oliver might like it."

He helped her out of the boat, before climbing out as well:

"I think my time is running out. The others will expect me at dinner soon. Anything i should tell them? I mean you've gone through what they face right now. You know better than anyone else here how they must feel."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2023, 07:22:06 PM »
The two young royals hit the dockside with a slight bump, the thick black rubber that surrounded the boat stopping it causing much of a problem. A pair of Rhiannon's security detail helped them back ashore. "Why would girls fight over a boy?...whats a Gay Emperor?" Rhiannon asked a little confused, "I mean you fight because people are mean, or they steal your strawberry laces" For a moment her eyes narrowed as she thought of Shelly Madden, the girl in the year above who always tried to grab her small paper back of strawberry laces while Rhiannon was sat reading at breaktime. She'd got in trouble for grabbing them back of her and when a tussle started Rhiannon had kicked her in the shin and was about to backhand her before her security detail stopped her. Since then Shelly had stayed clear of her but to Rhiannon she was now a nemesis on the scale of how her father saw the Borlanders.

"I'd love to come and visit again, but Lew is a little small and well....Oliver isn't really able to travel far without some doctors with him or people like that." What with his wheelchair, various emergency bits and pieces it was like he was followed constantly by a private hospital. Rhiannon had been on the Royal Airship their father had, she rather liked it. "I like airships, we've one with a big dining table in it. I like having burgers there while we float over the Alps. If you get lucky you even see things like eagles flying around in the hills. Do you see things like that on yours?" She asked. As Augustin prepared to go Rhiannon gave him a big hug. "Tell all your family I hope we can all get together soon and tell the people on your boat to look after the big rabbit." She smiled and hugged him again, "I hope you enjoy the festival and we don't wait ages to meet again."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2023, 08:24:48 PM »
"Me and my big bunny sized mouth. To keep it short, Orion likes kissing boys, not girls. but he will have to marry a girl because he's emperor. So they will all fight over who gets to marry him, even if he won't like them, because it makes them the future mothers of the next emperor or empress."

Before he could continue after the hug, Kurt rolled up with his own wheelchair and smiled at Rhiannon and Augustin:

"Slow down there, Augustin. We're almost ready for dinner. I'm sure they'd love to hear you had to pay your respects to a real princess." before the man gave as much as a bow as he could muster to Rhiannon from his chair:

"Prince Kurt, your highness. I'm sorry i'll have to steal him away from you already for today. Though..." he was looking around if he spotted Oliver:

"After i crashed my car and got myself into this position a large portion of the palace became wheelchair accessible. Though not everywhere. This rascal here has a hiding spot somewhere under the roof where i can't go."

Kurt wheeled over to Rhiannon and handed her some hand drawings, most of them cruedly showing a princess either fighting dragons, or in one case a wobbly angry something labelled in oversized letters 'LÖKEMMI': "You know. I feel like the other children with us today wouldn't have this chance without you either. So this is their thank you for that, Princess. You Helping Augustin against the Twins back then sure made waves. You two achieved a lot more than i did your age. Be proud of yourselves."

Augustin gave Rhiannon another hug before he left with their group, waving to her as much as he could.

Offline Abertone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Abertone
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2023, 12:46:27 AM »
OOC- A joint Libby and Abertone post

Evening had fallen upon Portworth and Marco had retired to a rather nice hotel on the seafront. His Advocatus had done a significant amount of liasing with the Morelanders to find a place that fitted the Emperors taste. It had to of course be luxurious, it needed to have excellent room service and his room needed its own private hot tub or pool. He;d enjoyed a few nights there, eaten beautifully cooked meals and enjoyed soaking in the large hot tub after a day exploring Portworth. During the opening day he'd contented himself to some time with the  De Angelis family who had graciously allowed him the run of their private yacht moored in the harbour. He'd spent some time sipping cocktails with the Lodjains and even made some time to go and see the men and women of his own navy who had been showing of one of the nations vessels.

Just before sunset he'd made his way back to the hotel and freshened up, a relaxing shower, a spray of some fine cologne and drank a small glass of cognac. "Your Majesty she is almost here." One of his security detail informed him. He drained the glass, straightened his tie and then accompanied by several other guards made his way down to the lobby of the hotel via his private suite's own lift. He actually felt himself become a little nervous as he saw the car he'd sent for Tonya to arrive. One of the hotels bell boys opened the door and the Emperor saw a slim toned leg clad in a black strappy shoe step out, a heartbeat later Tonya emerged clad in a long black dress a slit upto her thigh gave him a glimpse of her beautiful legs as she stepped towards him clutching a small hand held purse in her hand. The Emperor was thrilled that he would be having dinner with such a beautiful woman. As she reached him he kissed her on the cheek, "You look incredible....as always" he said as he faced her holding both her hands, he stepped back admiring her before turning and offering an arm. The two walked into the dining room and Emperor Marco could see heads turn towards them, some no doubt recognising the Emperor, others admiring the woman he was with. A black suited waiter lead them to a part of the dining room that was behind a low wall that gave them some privacy. Marco waited for Tonya to be sat before taking his own.

Marco was happy enough talking with the Lady in Waiting. She was an exciting young woman and Marco liked hearing about her life on the Isle of The Goddess, her adventures in the sea but mainly imaginging her in a bikini. He'd often thought happily about that night they'd spent together during the ball season and had all diplomatic meetings come in a similar manner he'd have been the most active diplomat in the history of Mundus. As they ploughed their way through the lengthy courses of the tasting menu on offer several glasses of wine followed. As they finished the penultimate course Marco couldn't wait much longer. He leaned close to Tonya, "Do you have to get back to your boat?"

Tonya leaned close, "I don't need to be back if I'm on a diplomatic job." She said as she slid a hand onto the Emperors thigh. "Her Majesty would I think be very unhappy if I was to miss such an opportunity."

"In that case" Marco placed his hand on hers. "I would very much like to discuss ever closer relationships between our two nations. Shall I have my people tell the Queen you shall see her in the morning?"

"No need" Tonya replied, "I told her not to wait up." The two chuckled as Marco waved the waiter over.

"Could we get desert delivered to my suite please." The waiter informed them that it would be up in ten minutes and asked if there was anything else he could do for them. Marco shook his head and leaving a sizeable tip tucked under a wine glass he picked up a bottle they'd just opened and guided Tonya towards the lift. No sooner had the door of the lift opened to the suite than Tonya allowed Marco to wrap his arms round her and their lips meet. "You know I think Lodja might just be my favourite nation outside of the Empire" Marco said as his lips left hers.

"I think I need to remove doubt" Tonya teased turning away and expertly flicking the straps of her dress off her shoulder letting the dress fall to the floor, she grabbed the Emperors tie and began gently pulling, "Which way is the bedroom?" She asked as he eagerly gave directions.

The next morning at 10am Tonya returned to the Queen's ship. Jasmina was already on deck having sorted breakfast out for the Queen. "Dirty stop out" She called to Tonya. "You have fun" she asked more delicately as the Lady in Waiting meet her at the lounge area on the rear deck.

"We had fun" She confirmed. "I also have this..." She held up an envelope addressed to the Queen, "I guess he heard that your Peter had his wrists slapped for being naughty." The two examined the letter, it was hastily scrawled and was not on quality paper, in fact Marco had merely neatly trimmed off the header and footer of the hotel notepads paper to write it. As was etiquette it was seeking the Queen's permission to allow Marco to "court" the Lady in Waiting. The two sat enjoying a coffee while they waited for the Queen to appear. Jasmina was keen to hear the gossip of Tonya's "diplomatic mission" and seemed to approve of her juniors efforts.

As they drained the last of their coffee Natalya appeared. She had intended for the boat to go out to sea and allow her to take some of the paddleboards for a ride and as her crew hurried to get the boat set to be underway she looked at the note hardly noticing its less than elegant stationary. "Well Tonya if your happy to share his bed I'm not going to stop you. Unlike the Peter and Jasmina situation though your lover is a continent away, I still expect you to fulfil your duties." Natalya had no intention to stop any of her Ladies pursuing what made them happy but she would insist on tradition being upheld and was satisfied the Emperor had seen it that way.

"Of course" Tonya nodded, "I have no intention of spending all my time with him, lets just say I suspect it'll be a very Lodjain style courtship."