Author Topic: SANAC Stories | Stories Of Sutherian Soldiers From the World War  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Glitchy

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Sutherland

SANAC Day is a national day of remembrance in Sutherland which honours and respects the memories and contributions of those who suffered to protect the sovereignty and independence of Sutherland during the World War. During the World War, in which Sutherland was on the side of the Allies, many young men were encouraged to enrol in the SANACs (Sutherian Army, Naval and Air Corps) with promises of mateship and a chance to fight the good fight. Although before deployment the SANACs did develop a strong cultural mateship and patriotism, it didn't stop the reality of war from devastating the SANACs, them having amongst the highest number of casualties of the war, often for little to no gain.

Many of the SANACs were encouraged to write diaries, so that they may return to their quiet hometowns or families with their memories of glory. Unfortunately, however, many of them never returned at all. Many families were left to mourn the loss of their boys to conflict, only left with the diaries that their sons wrote personally handed to their families by their remaining SANAC mates. The diary entries of these brave young men now immortalise them forever within the heart of Sutherland, as we can now truly know what it is to serve your country, with faith, friends and duty.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."

Diary Entries:

- Jack Marston (W.I.P)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:01:05 PM by Glitchy »
I USED TO BE LUVONIA

Sutherland Links:
- Factbook
- Characters (W.I.P)
- News
- Vignettes
- Map of Sutherland (W.I.P)