Author Topic: Quintelia's Pillars  (Read 2440 times)

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
Quintelia's Pillars
« on: December 12, 2017, 06:14:01 AM »
The Minister Hall is a twin tower where ministers and sometimes the King meet to discuss about audits, problems, choices of the government, andmany others. Since there's no parliament or congress or a Senate, the Ministers would vote for the policies they think they will help them, the country, and the lobbying companies.

The Minister Hall, Lungsod City, National Capital Region of Quintelia

"No, we cannot block the protests of those pesky atheists. It's in our constitution that anyone has the right to protest peacefully." The Minister of State Eduardo Buenarbe exclaimed while he punched the table. "I don't want to hear the news saying that we attacked the protesters just because of their irreverence. There should be a separation of church and state." He finished as another minister sighed and stated speaking.

"Their all violent, why would you trust them? Remember when they attacked people walking by like, a week ago?" The very religious Minister of Internal Affairs Josepha Ladra-Buenarbe retorted, catering newspapers to back up her claims. "I understand that there should be a freedom of speech but toy should also understand that protests should be peaceful, emphasis on peace." She finished while most ministers rolled their eyes.

"Yeah but if you read the same article, it says that it's another group that is not associated with the protesters." Eduardo said while pointing to the newspaper. Their heated argument continues on got an hour, like husband and wife, except, they really are husband and wife. They babble on until another person took the courage to speak.

"If I may," the Minister of Treasury Emmanuel Garcia said, prompting the two to stop. "How about we vote on the matter instead of eating our time?" He said. The next day,  the Association of Atheists and Non-Catholics started to harass pilgrims with the police called in to round up the culprits.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 05:46:35 PM by General Jaws »

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
Re: Quintelia's Pillars
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 09:23:24 AM »
"I told you, those pesky atheists that you tried to protect are nothing but extremists." The rosary on her wrists wrap around as Josepha Ladra-Buenarbe began her rant. "Freedom of speech is imposed, but freedom of doing this? It's a crime and they should be arrested." She sits down and grabs her phone from her pouch, but then someone spoke up.

"But they'll continue to protest against giving money to the church. Shouldn't we at least cut our spending on the church. I mean, were spending $5 billion per year, maybe we can cut out $2.5 billion and spend it on welfare." Minister of Treasury Emmanuel Garcia said while fixing his glasses to his nose. "I'm calling emergency voting powers, may those who are for this motion raise their hand." All aside for Josepha raised their hands and so the motion was officially approved.

"I don't think that would be enough for our security." The young Minister of Foreign Affairs Sofia Aliena suddenly said while raising her hand up. "I would like to recommend to evacuate Ambassador Francesco ade Santi to Site Taguan in Port Baybayin in case of any beach from the protests at the embassy." She finished, then motioned for the approval, to which everyone agreed on. Sofia began contacting the Ecclesiastical embassy then the Ecclesiastical government for approval, to which both agreed on. The Archbishop was transported through a small heavily tinted boxcar to an alley then transferred to a more armored limousine to go to the base.

"Let's see what happens thanks to your delicious earlier this month." Josepha said as she pointed to her husband, who just sat quietly, staring at the window outside, looking at the ensuing riots.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 01:26:24 PM »
The air conditioner whispered loudly as everyone remained silent. Papers are scattered on the table and none other than the King Lapu is standing in one of the corners, biting his lips in answer and his fists on the table. After what seemed to be an eternity, he finally uttered. "I'm speechless. I truly am. How the fuck did you manage to have people kill a bishop and breach the embassy of our best ally? I entrusted you to support this country, our country, to be peaceful." He sighed briefly and walked towards the window, overlooking the skyline of Lungsod City. "Eduardo, what's our ratings for last year?" He asked, without looking back.

The Minister of State reached into his suitcase to get the poll results. For the polls, 2,000 people who have different political views are asked every new year. "Sir, 85 percent have viewed you favourable while 10 percent abstained and 5 percent viewed you unfavorable." He looked at the King who remained motionless and continued. "78 percent viewed the Ministers favourable, 2 percent abstained and 20 percent viewed us unfavorable." He looked around, concerned that he might be kicked off and continued. "Finally, 100 percent viewed the visits favourably and the actions of the Ministers unfavorable." He breathed nervously as King Lapu approached the table.

"See? You all lacked in action. Thankfully for you, I can't replace anyone yet." King Lapu said as he sat down. He grabbed the papers on the table and continued. "This, is the whole case of the riots. The media cannot stop talking about it and of they report this, we're going to haave the non-Catholics mad again but if we didn't, the people would not trust us." He calmly stated as he flipped through the pages. "As we know, a priest named Jerome Galagub paid the leaders of the QANC to kill Bishop Madrid and Ambassador De Santi. He is now in custody and his associates were other 10 other clergymen who were last seen in the Lungsod Cathedral during the Christmas riots. Now, do we arrest them?" As he finished, he sipped from the cup of tea a staff brought him.

"Yes, I do think it's better to interrogate them. All these loss of life and for what? I may be a Catholic myself, but I support justice for the victims of these 'puppeteers'." Josepha said while the other Ministers, especially her husband, looked at her in surprise.

"Well then." King Lapu said, smiling. "Let's clean up our mess. I dismiss you." He said as everyone left the King's office.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 10:30:11 AM »
Silence enveloped the hall, the air felt hot and everyone in the room were sweating. "Today, we've lost one of our nation's best men." King Lapu began, while viewing down as a sign of respect. "May he ascend into heaven as a good man, a good father, and as a good tribe member." He finished his eulogy, which he recorded for a future statement. "Anyways, how's the investigation on those priests?"

"Eight of the eleven have confessed to be guilty, including Jerome Galugub." Eduardo answered, while getting a piece of paper from his suitcase. "The other three have stated that they were innocent and when evidence wss shown, they denied it and accused the police to be planting evidence." He said, standing up and straightening his coat.

"Well then, what was the reason for them to start the revolts? Why did they turn their backs on the Catholic faith and let innocent people die?" The King looked at Eduardo as he asked.

"Father Galugub has pointed out that Bishop Madrid failed to distribute the money evenly to him and other persists. The other seven has blamed Father Galugub who blackmailed and bribed them." Eduardo looked back and took a deep breath.

"Very well then, case closed." King Lapu said while finding his hands together. "Madam Josepha, please tell the court that after their trial, I recommend Father Galugub to be exiled to Lacrataz Island for five years or more. For the other persists, let the jury decide." He looked at the Minister of Internal Affairs who nodded and wrote it on her planner. "I'll be away for at least ten days. Don't let a scandal happen while I'm away at Pardclinnia." He said, sitting down on his 'throne', which was a very comfortable egg chair. "I dismiss you." King Lapu said, prompting everyone to leave.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 12:11:53 PM »
The Minister Hall was messy even with only a few ministers attending the meeting. Newspapers, research papers, and even official documents and letters are scattered throughout the big round table they always meet on. "So, a busy day for us now. Our first agenda would be about those Bene Gesserits. Would we recognize them or purge them?" Ediardo Buenarbe exclaimed as he presided the meeting.

"As a free country in Mundus, I think that the only sensible option is to recognize them as a religion. It would not only be diplomatic plus points from those who recognize the religion but would also be a slap to Katiane. This would likely also not cause any trouble with the QANC since, you know, they've been disbanded." Minister of Foreign Affairs Sofia Aliena answered back while leaning back and crossing her legs.

"Okay, good point. Any opposition to her?" He asked, with no-one raising their hands. "So, it's official, BG will be a recognize religion. Good thing my wife's not around to counter everything I say." As he remarked, a few of his colleagues laughed and giggled. After the rising subsided, he continued. "Our next one would be of a related but more intriguing topic, the Irish taxing the strait and then Kaitaine contacting them." With a bland face, he continued.

"Well, they're almost on the other side of Mundus. Plus, Lapu's already scared the Irish enough to maybe give is a discount." She replied once again, in her relaxed position.

"But if we made any offers, we can have a little leverage in the region, we can make them an ally instead of someone hostile. A few troops to send to help them 'prepare' in case if the two communist nations do something treacherous." Minister of Defense Jose Pablo Enrile while waving his hands around to emphasize.

"Hmm, makes sense. But I think we'll let King Lapu decide on this." Eduardo replied, getting another folder filled with paper, with a few sliding down the stack. "Anyways, I think I'll have to cut this meeting as I might be needed to do something about the village occupied by the commies." He said as he andd the other Ministers left.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 08:06:36 AM »
"It has come to my attention that our nation's air is very polluted. It's not just an urban problem, even rural towns are covered in smog in the morning." Minister of Environment and Natural Resources Regina Legarda exclaimed as she slammed a folder of research papers on the table. "And we found one culprit: the jeepney." She said while the Minister of Culture and Social Development Emmanuel Solaiman gasped in surprise and began to think of a reply while Regina explained. "A few of you might think that there are more private vehicles that could cause this. Well, according to a recent research conducted by my team, jeepneys on average have engines that are 20 years old, and don't get me started with their exhaust puppies with broken filters. They are also the only vehicle legal to carry diesel with sulfur content of more than 45%. I therefore propose a ban in private or public jeepneys, be it temporary or permanent." Before the Minister of Transportation could open his mouth, somebody from the other side of the table replied.

"I'm sorry but that is just plain and outright wrong." Minister of Culture and Social Development Emmanuel Solaiman said, as he stood up in anger. "These jeepneys are a Quintelian icon and a national symbol! Banning it is like banning the national flag to be flown." Finally sitting down, he sipped from a glass of water and continued. "I know that you have good intentions and all but you'd be taking away the livelihood of thousands of people. Not to mention being so cheep that it costs $1 to travel twenty kilometers. I propose that we provide incentives to drivers to modernize their engines to let them keep their colorful source of income."

Minister of Transportation Lucio Tan Ochoa smiled as he took his tablet and began. "Sometimes, you can't just please everyone. This time however, is a rare opportunity for me." He cleared his throat as he connected his tablet to a projector and began. "I've been working on this perfect and I tell you, I'm still nervous about this." He opens a document constraining a concept paper and went on. "I say we quote-on-quote ban public utility jeepneys by phasing them out and replace theirs with an electric one. That way, they still have their subsistence while lowering emissions. We also don't have to increase taxes, the drivers and owners of these jeepneys all have to surrender their vehicle and pay an additional $500 to get one from us." Lucio gently dropped his tablet and sat down. "So what do you think?"

"I agree" The two ministers replied. They signed on a black gadget to confirm their decisions. As they were about to close the meeting, a man began knocking. Painting, the man was none other than Jeff Weinshanker, a descendant of a Pardclinese immigrant and Head of Security on all key government buildings. "This man is looking for Doctor Francisco del Mundo." He held an ID as the Minister of Health approached.

"Yeah, I know him, he was my student when I was a med teacher of University of Quintelia. Let him enter." As he ordered, Jeff rushed to call the doctor, who was none other than Doctor Basilio Tagubay, a doctor in Lungsod. "Welcome! I thought you were having a charity mission in Romblique, what brings you here?" He asks as the other doctor opens a folder from his for case before replying.

"Thanks, thanks. I was the other doctor in Barangay1 Himagsik when this man was rushed into the hospital. He was pronounced dead on arrival but upon autopsy, it was something more." Doctor Basilio said, opening the autopsy report of Vicente Panganiban. "He died of gangrene infection caused by a variation of the bubonic plague. That variation is nothing like we've seen. No antibiotic could kill it, not even vancomycin." The Minister flipped through the pages, filled with the profile of the patient zero of Quintelia. "He's from Alba Karinya? Eddy, I've got a job for you." The Minister of State approached the two, who felt the need to vomit upon seeing a photograph of the corpse.

"Uh! So, quarantine the barangay and it's neighbors, quarantine the airport, and find all the passengers of his flight, you're giving me a me something interesting." Just before he could get his phone to talk to his correspondents, the doctor butted in.

"My colleague also requested to not let the media get hold of this, we don't want to have a pandemic panic." Doctor Basilio said as he put his papers back.

"Now that's a challenge." Eduardo Buenarbe said as he dialed on his personnels

Barangay- A political division of a town that is under a barangay captain.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 02:04:43 PM »
Doctor Francisco del Mundo was about to go and have a meeting with Eduardo Buenarbe. A rather short elevator ride and he is now on the office of the Minister, but a man stopped him. The man in a semi formal attire approached him and said. "Doc, I've got some news." Finally, he recognized him, it was his correspondent who was tasked to see if any other basis have been affected by the bubonic plague. "Aside for AK City, the Iwi and East Moreland have both released a public statement that they have been affected, complete with the mortality and morbidity rate. There's also something similar in Pardclinia although it's most likely an isolated case." He gave a snippet of the day's newspaper and then left. The doctor then entered the office of the Minister of State.

"Sir, I've got some news for you." Francisco said as he put the snippet given to him on Eduardo's desk. "The Iwi and East Moreland have been infected. Pardclinia also have reported an incident although it's most likely an isolated case." He started, sitting down on a woven chair.

"Thanks but, you do know that it's all over the news right?" Eduardo replied as he put the paper aside.

"Sir?" Francisco raised an eyebrow as he hadn't

"Anyways, so far all the 2,000 soldiers we have planned to air drop have been deployed along with 3,000 doctors. The whole town has been walled off and all communication to the outside world has been cut off along with all roads and rails." Eduardo began as he read a digitized file on his tablet, with the screen reflection on his glasses. "So far, they have reported 50 deaths And 145 infected." He finished, placing his tablet on his shiny glass desk.

"Don't you think that those infected and suspected to be infected should be kept in airtight but ventilated rooms? I mean, a wall is a good start bit you never know." Opening a folder, Francisco read a piece of paper. "Also, have there been any bacterial sample gathered or cases of animals getting infected?" Francisco looked up, seeing Eduardo puzzled with his last phrase.

"No reports of cases on animals have been reported, however, the bacterial samples have been collected and are being transported by plane." Eduardo replied as he saw the doctor dinning into the chair, sighing in a little bit of relief.

"Inform me if an animal had been infected. It will help our research for a possible cure. I'll be on my way to contact East Moreland and the Iwi." Francisco said, standing up from the chair which its upholstery slightly wrt from sweat. He exited Eduardo's office as he went back to his.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 07:59:26 AM »
The round table was quiet once again, as the ministers waited for the King. "If this is about the successful attack then I can't wait to be praised." Minister of Defense Ronald Bato boasted, as he responded back to his chair, placing his arms at the back of his head and raising his feet on the table, something Minister of State Eduardo Buenarbe hates. He gave a stern look and kicked of his legs out of the table only to be kicked back on his pants. The King then entered ava sat on his throne. "Ladies and gents, you all know why I called you in. Quintelia has gained a lot of bad reputation to other nations, such as us putting a whole town on lockdown during the plague or that napalm bombi-" He was abruptly cut by a bald minister.

"Which is why I gave a strongly worded statement to those Uppsa-" Bato exclaimed, as he grinned though he was also cut by the King. "Disrespect me and I'll disrespect you! Anyways, where was I? Ah yes, so we'll try to make things right. As the newly appointed one, I take that you'd want to tell us how your operation was successful." Bato stood up, straightened his uniform, and complied. "The operation has been a success as all the rebels have either been killed or has surrendered, and I'm certain that napalm have positively affected this battle." King Lapu clenched his fists but his face remained calm. "So if napalm has positively affected the battle, then why has the international community condemned the attack, including our ally, ES?" Bato them immediately shouted like a ten-year old who's having a tantrum. "Because those Uppsala people want to control our moves. I think sanctioning Uppsala."

The King sighed as Minister of Foreign Affairs Sofia Aliena and Minister of Trade and Industry Miguel Ibañez were trying to hold back their laughter, while Eduardo and Josepha just shook their heads in disbelief. The King finally looked up from his facepalm and continued. "Look, do me a favor and don't have a press conference again. First of all, the 'Uppsala people' you're talking about are East Moreland, Nya Åland, and many more powerful nations. Next Uppsala is a city, or was, where the Uppsala Convention is signed." Bato's face became red add he was shamed by the King himself, the giggling grew louder. "Then, maybe let's sanction every signa-" King Lapu smashed his fists on the table, some the other Ministers were surprised. "I expected more from you. Are you fucking retarded or what? We're a signatory of the Uppsala Convention." The King was grabbing the poor minister by his collar, he then sat down, took a sip of water, and continued. "Now, shall we formally start this meeting about cleaning our name from our blunders?" Ronald Bato sat down, while the other ministers nodded.

"So, about the napalm, I've promised to surrender all canisters of it in public along with the international community conducting their investigation. Any other suggestions?" King Lapu asked, as calmly as one can be after an outburst, Josepha then said. "Well, we could investigate those who ordered for the deployment of napalm." King Lapu nodded, he wrote on a sheet of paper, and continued. "So, shipping of napalm to other nations, further investigation of those involved, and suspension of Ronald Bato for the endangerment of Quintelian people, any questions?" The other Ministers shook their heads while Ronald stood up from his chair. "This is outrageous, it's unfair. I'm just doing what I was ding as a Minister before the revolution." Letting out a sigh, King Lapu was about to speak but Eduardo interrupted him. "Well, Ronald just humiliated his name, why not have him publicly apologize instead of probation our even suspension? I'd recommend the shipment of napalm and investigations like you said, but give this man a chance." Josepha punched the table, but King Lapu replied. "*Sigh...* I'll let him off now, apologize and you're good to go. If I hear another dumb crap out of your mouth or another blunder from your ministry then you're suspended. Understood?" Speechless, Risks sighed and sat down as the King continued. "Let's fix Quintelia like this, shall we?"

TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 09:05:11 AM by General Jaws »

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 03:43:55 PM »

"Next on this list, the plague situation, so, what's up, doctor?" He asked, with Minister of Health Francisco del Mundo standing up. "The epidemic is under control, with no new infection for almost a month now thanks to quarantining. Though we have prevented the plague from being a national problem, our equipments and training were a little too backwater for what we have experienced. Let's consider ourselves lucky this time and please, increase the funding we get as to reduce casualties the next time we have an epidemic." He sat down, seeing King Lapu nodding with a satisfied look on his face. "So, you're saying that we need better health funding? How about the establishment of the Bureau of Quarantine?" King Lapu asked.

"That sounds good and I support it." Francisco replied, attributing his eyes. "But how about giving research grants on using bacteriophages, vaccines on more potent diseases, and stronger antibiotics." As Francisco finished, Minister of Science and Technology Antonio Tuazon blurted. "Maybe we should establish a ministry that focuses on research. Oh wait, there is and it's lacking funding." King Lapu sighed and said. "Fine then. I'll raise funding on Health by 20% and 50% on Science and Technology. Then, I'll reduce funding on Defence by 30% following your blunder Ronald." Ronald groaned but have no comment. "Ok then, I think that wraps our meeting today. So, release all our decisions to the press."

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 01:14:59 PM »
"So, for now, we have no problems to address right now, finally after almost a year." King Lapu said as the meeting started. "Well, I mean except for the military stuff but that's why Ronald isn't here." The King continued, as he starts pacing around. "And since the tragedies and projects cost some money, we need to either raise some taxes or introduce a new one. Any ideas?" He leaned forward to the ministers.

"How about increasing the 'sin tax', that is to say the drug punitive tax. And also include tobacco related products in that tax too." Minister of Health Francisco del Mundo started. "Not only do we make money from the increased tax, but our spending on public health insurance should decrease, as there is less drunkards with liver damage, less crackheads that need treatment. You get the point." He continued, leaning back to his seat with his arms dancing lazily. "I mean, I don't even know why it was legalized at the first place."

"Don't get me wrong doctor, that's a good point, but there's a problem with that." Minister of State Eduardo Buenarbe remarked. "Once the punitive drug tax is high enough, people will start consuming more saturated drugs, and then we won't be able to regulate it, and then-"

"Stop with your slippery slope fallacy." His wife, Minister of Internal Affairs Josepha Ladra-Buenarbe butted in. "Sure we can raise taxes but we can always stick to a better alternative, cutting down on expenses. We can start by cutting most of our expenses on NGOs, especially those run by those that are not religious and put all those money back to the us do we can redistribute it for more useful project."

"You remember what happened last Christmas, right?" Eduardo retorted. "We can't just cut spending on non-Christian organizations our else."

Josepha sighed, as she continued. "How about this, cut down the budget on meetings like this. Sure, we are the people who lead this nation, but we need to give ourselves the image of being humble. We don't need to always have a new table every month. We don't need these fancy, embellished room to function." She stopped from a bottle of water as she finished.

"Ok, so far we have two great suggestions, an increase in punitive drug tax and budget cuts on government meetings, I hope that there are other better suggestions." The King said, listing the two aforementioned suggestions.

"How about having a tax on sugar consumption." Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Adriano Alcala said, as he drank from a cup of his 'medical tea'. "Like, a higher Value Added Tax on sugar and sugary products. That way, we would have more money to spend on the major industry of this nation. By raising the initial price plus VAT by 50%, we can distribute half of the sugar tax to my ministry and the other half for other things the government needs to do." He then sipped from his marijuana-infused tea as he finished his explanation.
"Yeah but, isn't 50% a bit too much?" Josepha jolted.
"Is 30% good enough?" Adriano asked as an anticipated amount of seriousness in his tone, as he received a nod from Josepha.

"I think that that's enough to implement. Anyone still hadany ideas?" The King said as the Minister of Energy Prince Fernando Ernesto Adartse and Minister of Environment and Natural Resources Regina Legarda raised their hands. "That is not contradicting to one another." The two looked at one another and put their hands down as King Lapu continued. "So, I've made a decision, an increase on the punitive drug tax by 10%, a 50% budget cut on executive meetings, and 40% sugar tax. This should turn our deficit around. Meeting adjourned"