Author Topic: Beaten Puppies - Seleucid and Neu Uburzis  (Read 3304 times)

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
Beaten Puppies - Seleucid and Neu Uburzis
« on: January 15, 2018, 12:52:09 PM »
It had been a piece of work to justify the visit to the Festival in Seleucid when it slipped to the Senates that Orion had participated. Albrecht had several hearings to explain that no law was broken, and since it was a private Visit and no official State business no Laws had been broken. Now, a visit was due.

The Palace was still mostly renovated, and Danyal had been invited to the Old castle Part. Unlike the Outer Palace with it's large clear structures, the Old castle was a mess of Buildings stitches together over centuries, narrow Passages between, and Labyrinthian Pathways. What made it even worse that wherever possible Scaffolding was erected and Handpicked construction workers where renovating windows, Electrical wiring, heating, waterpipes.

Albrecht was awaiting Danyal at the Tram station outside, leading his Guest to the Old Castle: "Welcome, Danyal." He said smiling slowly: "I hope it isn't too inconvenient, but we had to steal some of your Time for our own Diplomatic Reasons. I think you can understand."

Albrecht rolled his eyes as he heard yelling when he and Danyal had just passed the Bulky former Gatehouse at the Outer Wall of the Old Castle:

"BUT WE WANT IT NOW" two girls shrieked, with Orion holding his Ears: "I said no!" the Distressed little Emperor said: "You already had Ice cream today. And i am not gonna give you more Sweets if you Yell."

"And if you two don't stop i will have to consider giving Mister Danyal here the right for Royal Discipline over you two." Albrecht crossed his Arms as two angry young Girls pouted turning to him: "You can't tell us nothing!" They both gloated, as Orion shook his head: "Yes he can. Your Mother isn't around."
"And you need to Study, so off you go. NOW." Albrecht added, not yelling but in a clear command: "Now off you go Orion, my little Emperor."

Albrecht then grabbed both the Girls on their Shirts Collar, before grinning fiendishly: "See, how about you two Greet Our Guest here. Since you two are gonna spent some Time with him the next Days. And trust me, he has first Hand experience how to Deal with Naughty Children."
The girls poutingly glared at Danyal: "Ave Adventor."
"I hope you don't mind if during your stay you are accompanied and take care of Number two and three of the Inheritance line. Daughters of Orions later Brother and his Wife Wilhelmina. Twins, and quite a hand full. But i think you must be Hungry."

The four would pass a School like building, where not only Orion sat in a Room over his Studies with his private Educator, but several smaller children where seated with a Teacher as well: "It's weekend so the Emperor is up here in the Palace and not at his School, though for him it means he gets some more lessons in Statecraft on Saturday. He will join us later." Albrecht said, before leading the group into a Large lofty Dining Hall: "We usually eat in a smaller Room, but you /are/ a guests."
As Soups and Meat with Bread was served by a Cook, Albrecht took a seat on the long Table, the pouting girls crossing their Arms: "So, how was your Trip here?"

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Beaten Puppies - Seleucid and Neu Uburzis
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 09:27:28 PM »
Danyal had experienced a rather tough time since the festival in the desert, he'd had his royal allowance cut, had found himself given more and more ridicuolous royal duties. From the time he had finished school he'd had a week of being sent everyday to various functions that made no sense to him, but as a royal he had to look like he cared about whatever it was happening, including the official opening of a sewage plant. It had therefore come as a relief that the King had remembered the promise made to the now Emperor.

With that in mind the King had packed Danyal off in his private jet, it at last seemed that the young boys furtunes had changed, he had of course been sent with some diplomatic instructions and told that the King would be checking up on him, the final words sending a shiver down his spine. He had enjoyed the flight however, it had given him chance to relax and in truth by the time he landed he was rather looking forward to the visist. When he meet Albrecht he shook the man's hand warmly. "I'm delighted that you choose to have me here, its an honour to be in the home of an Emperor" he said diplomatically despite the fact that the royal was a good six years younger. He didn't much like the sound of spending time with young children, after all there was more chance of cultural mix ups there and that worried him. He had however come forearmed and as they sat down for lunch he unzipped one of his bags. He reached inside and removed a waxed packet, he carefully undid one and removed the contents, a collection of stuffed vine leaves, "I always find they go perfectly with almost any meal, perhaps you would allow me to share with you taste from home as you kindly give me a taste of yours" he pushed the pile of leaves stuffed with rice and fresh herbs towards his hosts. "My journey was very nice" he smiled, "My King was kind enough to place his own private jet at my disposal, and as you recall the Tented Palace this was essentially the flying version, we often call it the Flying Carpet."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 09:33:26 PM »
"We should fly in jets too!" the twins yelped: "They are so much faster than the dumb airships!"

Albrecht just shook his head: "And i told both of you why we don't. Besides you get a way nicer view of the Landscape in Airships." before turning to his guest again:

"Talking about Taste of home." Albrecht noted for Danyal to hand out to the Twins if he wanted to: "Aside from Cultural exchange, i think i will have to discuss some matters of diplomacy with you, the Kings wedding, the Iwi, or why i had to make sure you come here and take those two for a walk around the city for a bit." he smiled as he leaned back: "The Old Empire used to Export stuffed wine leaves into our Region, at least it was depicted in old Murals and writings. While we do row vine here, it's rarely worth a mention. too little Sunshine."

As the two snarled at Albrecht he shook his head: "I mean it, one more  word and i will give Mister Danyal a Paddle for you two. He had bad enough Experiences lately with punishment so don't force him to do that."

The two girls slumbed with their shoulders, before one grunted: "That's only Orions fault for being a Crybaby."

"You sobbed into your pillow too because dad is gone!" the other twin shoved her from the side: "I did not!"

"SILENCE!" Albrecht yelped, the two girls noticibly getting shorter: "Go eat now, and i will cut your allowance for the next two weeks. You want to be treated like Princesses? Act like it."

He then sighed as he turned back to Danyal: "I guess some things stay the same in all Families"

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 07:55:39 PM »
Danyal wasn't really in a position to discuss diplomacy he was merely a minor member of the royal family and unlike Princes Heydor and Hadi he had no power despite having a royal connection. "I'm not sure exactly what use I can be" Danyal responded, "After all I'm not part of my King's inner circle and so there is only so much I can tell you but if you have any questions I can try and help you." he gulped unsure exactly what Albrecht would want to know and whether his answers would be the ones that he wanted.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 08:28:09 PM »
"Exactly. You aren't part of the inner circle." Albrecht folded his hands together, resting his chin on the Fingertips all while a wide smile formed: "There is no way i could talk to any of your Kings inner Circle, inside my Palace, and not anger the Iwi. My Father, albeit in a bit an unexpected turn, had formed a symbolic friendship with them. And unlike a very certain weasel, whom almost no one in this Palace enjoys the presence off, we take Rituals and Promises serious. You however..." Albrecht sipped from a Glass of Water: "Aren't exactly, at least in public reception, in your Kings good Books right now. Nor did you Partake in the War, to be precise, you are much to Young."

Tilting his head, he slightly swigged his Glass: "Through someone like you, Danyal, we might be able to upkeep Diplomacy with the Royal Seleucid, and the Iwi, while ensuring we can all Keep Face. Of course, only if we all play our Cards right."

Nodding to the young girls Albrecht smiled: "Go have a Phone call with your Mother, feel free to tell her what i plan. And remind her i will have her head in time." Stretching their Tongue out to Albrecht the two Girls walked out huffing angrily.

As the two girls left, Albrecht tilted his head: "There's several activities i had planned. If you wish, you can choose. Simply visiting one of our boarding Schools, we also have a public lashing scheduled in the City today. Another option would be something more cultured. We do have the Philharmonie in concert this evening. I do not think speaking in front of a senate would be a wise choice at this point. I do not see sense in needless hostility, when all of our Nations seem to have a habit of Violence alike. Even if in different Forms."

Standing up, Albrecht walked a couple of steps: "See it like this - your Uncle will be more than pleased you are becoming an important man on your own, securing your own status long term, while i get to keep an open door for both nations. Of course you have your military career in front of you. That doesn't mean we can't work out something. I think your Uncle is reasonable when he can get something out of it."

Slowly circling Danyal, Albrecht stopped right behind him: "Of course, if you don't want too, i can relate. Although, we would probably have to make a public statement about how  the negative reception we had of your Nation through that little incident involving you forces us to keep the Relations on a Bare minimum. How disappointed your Uncle would be this little Drama you caused had so much more lasting effects?"

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 11:02:45 AM »
Danyal didn't much like the position he was in, as a minor royal at most he imagined turning up at a few public functions and waving, he never expected to be in the centre of diplomacy, especially not one involving both themselves and the Iwi. While Albrecht was right, he hadn't been part of the war, it was still engrained into the Seleucid psyche, the glorious Empire , the way the backwards Maori had thrived under the Seleucid regime turning their ancient and outdates agrarian lifestyle into one of order and industrialness. Every child in Seleucid was taught these things. The suggestion of viewing a lashing sent a shudder through his body, his own public beating at the hands of his uncle, the King, was still fresh in his mind. He realised he had suddenly become a pawn in a game he didn't truly understand.

"I would prefer some music" he said trying to turn things away from the diplomacy if only briefly. "I imagine our nations styles of music are very different, it'd be interesting to see." He knew however that the sole reason for him being here was so Albrecht could try and achieve something diplomatically and so he would have to manouver it as best he could and hope he didn't annoy his uncle. "As for what you think I can do involving diplomacy I'm not sure we see my abilities the same but Ill try and be as helpful as my positions permits."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 11:02:20 PM »
Albrecht smiled slightly, flicking some notes in his calendar, while watching Danyal, his Uncle might have just beaten enough fear into him to make him a passable pawn. "I'll have Orion join us there then. Don't worry about your capabilities, for now it matters what you are. Let me do some ground work for you, they will play a Piece formidable enough to stir people talking depending on how they view it."

That evening the Philharmonic was filled, an Epos was played. Many people had turned around seeing the Imperial Loge seated, thousand eyes often starrign up as Orion yawned in his seat: "Albrecht this will go on for four hours, i am already tired."

Patting his cousins shoulder, Albrecht nodded: "You can get some more rest tomorrow, i promise." before turning back to the Guest: "I hope you will stay some days. Get a chance to know us. I bet the little shoplifter was glad you didn't pick visiting him. These lashing are always very humiliating without a huge crowd gathering."

"That little Shoplifter is one of my Dorm mates loosing a stupid dare in more than one meaning. I don't know how to look him in the eyes in class next week." Orion said, shaking his head as the veil lifted, the First act started.

Starting with a ninety Voice choir, thundering horns and majestic strings, the tale of a hero was unraveled in music. the actors didn't speak, still you had a prisoner on his way to execution, a dragon killing everyone with him narrowly escaping. And destiny setting the events in motion. A soft Dulcimer piece playing when the hero gathered with allies, fierce music playing when he traversed the wild to seek ancient knowledge.
Yet there also where two factions in this tale, fighting among each other. An ancient Empire loosing it'S grip, because it outlawed the worship of a Man believed to have turned a god, and the locals who fought back against the oppression in their way of life. The Hero barely outmaneuvered the war in this tale by brokering a temporary peace while an ancient evil loomed over everyone, leaving the petty squabble behind to stand victorious over the ancient evil in the end. The outro being the same song from the intro, just slower and more majestically and softer, this time spelling the hero's victory as the lights turned back on.

Albrecht had to give Orion a little nudge to wake up again, while smiling to Danyal: "Now, i wonder how you could explain this tale. Both sides are right and wrong, it is the questions who tells the tale and how it's told that matters. Not if one side was truly right or wrong. What an interesting story, don't you agree?"

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 07:05:26 PM »
Danyal wasn't one for things such as opera or the like, if you wanted to tell a story just tell it, there was no need for ridiculous songs, and four hours? Any story should be able to be told in a much shorter fashion, back home they were a nation that loved story telling but four hours was labouring the point. He sensed Albrecht was trying to make some kind of point, the question confirming it. This was why he wasn't a diplomat, he had nothing much to say other than the boredom he'd experienced but now was expected to make some kind of social commentary based on the performance. He thought for a moment or two, "They say history is written by the victor, that however is wrong, just because you win one war it doesn't mean you stand. Think of the great Empires of the past, gone and replaced having long had glory beyond that many nations hold today. They are confined to classrooms and history books, the nations that matter are those making a contribution to the world today, they are the ones following the right course. Empires mean little, what matters is the here and now." He had no idea if it made sense but it was the best he could come up with, damn metaphors.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 08:42:49 PM »
Orion had dozed off halfway Albrecht giving him a gentle nudge before people noticed the emperor was asleep.  Turning to their guests Albrecht nodded slowly: "That's a good start at least. So you are basically proclaiming History is written by the Survivors?" He leaned back as he made his way into the Royal Tram, riding the Trio back towards the Palace:

"My point was a different though. Take a story, and find a way to tell it your way. Each and everyone in that story where right and wrong. It matters how you tell the story. The audience will follow the Narrators opinion, if you manage to convince them you are telling the truth and have the least biased view."

He stroke Orions golden hair gently, as the young emperor had fallen asleep at Albrechts side again: "I'd do anything for the Empire and the Emperor. That doesn't mean i always will follow their opinion. Just like i have to be a Parent now for him a Diplomat and Politician can't spoil their people. Sometimes you have to make them like things they don't. So, anything you would like to do tomorrow? We still have some days left. Unless you feel like leaving already?"