Author Topic: September Update  (Read 764 times)

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
September Update
« on: September 19, 2023, 11:42:15 PM »
SEPTEMBER 2023 UPDATE

A WORD FROM THE GRAND CHANCELLOR

Hello to one and all!

In the coming days the Independent Order will celebrate ten years as a region, and I could not be more confident in our future than I am right now. We’ve overcome so much together, shown the best qualities of our community over this decade, and I believe fully that the next ten years ahead of us will be our best! Over the next few days I’ve heard rumblings of Orderians planning special things to mark our decade of existence, and I’ll leave it up to them to reveal!

We’re more than welcoming for others to join in the fun too! We’ll likely have an event or two on our Discord (invite: https://discord.gg/3xEYKbT2) so if you’re free September 29th to the 30th feel free to join in on the festivities!

ROLE PLAY NEWS (if it's green you can join in)

ASDN SUMMIT - the nations of the Dauntel Sea and Strait of Shaw regions come together in an attempt to form a regional organisation based on cooperation and collaboration, the level of success is yet to be determined however the nations at the table have shown willingness to cooperate over a matter of concern within the region.

COSNAT TALKS - the small (and we mean small) nations of Mundus have come together to try and establish broad relations, talks remain ongoing however if successful the organisation could become something the likes of which the world hasn't seen in a few years.

INAUGURATION OF TESAN CIKNIYE - The newly elected President of Lakhzovia is to be sworn into office, however he cuts a divisive figure with the international community - President, political operator and suspected terrorist Tesan Cikniye is some or all of these things depending on who you talk to. Mundus waits with baited breath to see what the new President intends for the nation he now leads.

CRISIS IN MERSCH - The terrorist group "the Uncrowned" has launched a campaign of terror against the list of candidates to rule the nation of Mersch, several are dead or injured, some are under the protection of East Moreland who are attempting to get a handle on the situation.

STORM IN THE CHANNELS - A separatist regional government in the nation of Kalasin has declared independence from the national government, worse the separatists, aided by terrorists have carried out a missile attack against Daito, a dirty bomb attack in Rokkenjima and struck a Preorian hospital ship. With fears of the separatists long term designs becoming justified as intelligence gathering yields results an international coalition prepares to take action to end this threat before it can spread.

ART OF DIPLOMACY - A painting done by Emperor Orion has gone missing in the nation of Lodja, just what kind of game is afoot? Who took it and why? You'll have to stay tuned to find out just what the heck is going on here.

BACK TO YOUR ROOTS - A straightforward Police flight from Neu Uburzi's to the Iwi brings personal baggage along with it and maybe a helping of redemption, who knows? That may come to depend on King Piripi of the Iwi.

FESTIVAL OF SAIL 2023 - The biggest international event of the year, the celebration of all things maritime is taking place in East Moreland, notable vessels in this years parade included several Royal Yachts from across Mundus, a couple of new military vessels on their first long distance voyages, what may forever be known as "the disco ship" from the nation of Cassiopeia (on account of the lights) and the Viking Longship the Drakken from the nation Nya Aland, favourite of Princess Rhiannon of East Moreland. So far the King of East Moreland, family members and government officials are busy dealing with a number of high profile international guests as the diplomatic side of the event gets into full swing.

GLASTOMUNDUS 2023 - One of the most high profile Mundus Music Festivals is back, once a year music fans, whether they like the rock and roll scene, the pop genre or maybe the easy going showtunes, classic style and quirky acts (that Achkaerin sends to not aggravate hangovers on the morning after the big night) turn up to a field in East Moreland and celebrate music, this years list of applicants is very high quality.

THE DRAGONS HORSEMAN - the nations of Jargalant and Lijiang revive a tradition of bi annual meetings with each other, what will come of this first in a century meeting? Cordiality, prosperity, suspicion? No one is entirely sure but it will have consequences for both nations however it goes.

SPORTS ROUND UP

MUNDUS GAMES 2023 - the big festival of sport the Mundus Games (the Olympics with a fair few extra events) is being held in the nation of Achkaerin this year, the Games ancestral home, competitors from across Mundus have come to compete, records have already been broken with the nation of Abertone winning twenty one medals in a single day, normality has returned to the rugby world with East Moreland redeeming themselves with double gold in the rugby sevens and the most decorated athlete of all time, Achkaerin's renowned cyclist Sammy Lawson, closes in on her fiftieth Games medal.

MEDIA ROUND UP

LODJAN SUMMER BALLS END FOR THE YEAR - the annual ball season in Lodja has come to an end, the event is primarily used in Lodjan society as a means of securing marriages. The season took on an international expansion this year with balls in East Moreland and Ui Cenneslaig occurring as well as a "Lodjan Ball night" at the Edelweiss Classical Music Festival in Achkaerin.

EMPRESS SAISEI LEAVES ON MAIDEN VOYAGE - the latest Rokkenjiman ocean liner the Empress Saisei has left on its maiden voyage which will see the vessel travel from Rokkenjima to Daito and then on to the nation of Dartfordia.

PRIME MINISTER ADDRESSES RELIGIOUS REFORM - the Prime Minister of Mktvartvelo has given an interview discussing a variety of topics including law and order and religious reform in the nation in the wake of a series of strikes and protests that forced the resignation of his predecessor.

DAITO ARCHAEOLOGISTS MAKE INTERESTING FIND - archaeologists examining the Kamiishizumisanzai Tomb in Daito have discovered a Kōfukō cadaver which is believed to be the well preserved body of the first emperor of the nation, tests are being carried out.

CLYSPERIS COURTS SENTENCE FOUR FOREIGN TOURISTS TO DEATH ON DRUG OFFENCES - a court in the nation of Clysperis has sentenced four foreign tourists to death for "bringing drugs into the nation" this has prompted international questions and will now see an independent investigation carried out to ascertain the safety of the convictions.

THE TRIVIA CORNER

The trivia corner is where we have one of our regions roleplay characters answer five questions, to introduce you to the various characters of Mundus and we throw in a fun fact as well to give you a little bit of lore trivia.

This month answering the questions is Empress Serenity Azurewind of the Holy Empire of Achkaerin

What is/was your favourite subject in school?

Like a fair few of the leaders of Mundus I'm a history geek, I think it's important to learn from our past experiences so we can better inform our present and future judgement and decision making. There's a nation out there where my hair colour essentially means I've done something really bad in a past life, it was interesting discovering that because in my nation my red hair is actually viewed as a blessing rather some sort of curse mark.

What is your favourite book and why?

Anything by Tolkien but if I had to pick I'm going with the Lord of the Rings because there's something about being able to lose yourself in an epic quest in such an established world with the lore of the legendarium backing it up.

What has been the hardest thing you've done to date?

The challenge in the run up to this years Mundus Games, I got talked into or more specifically I let myself get talked into trying out all the different sports that make up the Games program. Some of them I'm reasonably good at, I've competed in a few of them, but stuff like Medieval Mixed Martial Arts where you have someone with a sword running at you and hitting you with it? Going to need a lot more practice on that one.

What's your pet hate?

People doing half the speed limit in the outside lane on the motorway.

What do you do to relax?

Play the piano, watch a film with my daughters, go for a run.

This Months fun fact:

At one time the official Royal Residence of the Achkaerinese Royal Family, the Marble Palace in Valtheim, was the residence of royals from four different nations at the same time, these royals hailing from Achkaerin, Aquitaine, Daito and Rokkenjima.

Thank you for reading this months update from The Independent Order

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis