Author Topic: Imperial Decree  (Read 5925 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Imperial Decree
« on: February 22, 2018, 10:22:01 AM »

A Resumption Of Rule

My People, Friends and Allies of the First Empire, honourable delegates from afar, I thank you for joining me here this morning.

As many of you are now aware the Supreme Court of Judicature has cleared me in any involvement with any nefarious ties with the Borlander Separatists, a taint upon my reputation which has proven to be false time and again. These results have been recognized by both the Imperial Council and the Imperial Diet as just and true, restoring legitimate rule over this First Empire. I thank the Princess of Arovium for her selfless service to the First Empire in her hour of need and her continued advice in this period of transition. With her duties to the First Empire having been concluded I look forward to enaging with her as the Respected Lord Protector of Somerset as we embark upon a new chapter in our shared histories.

Since the last time I sat upon Chrysanthemum Throne much has changed throughout Mundus, changes in which I have been fully briefed and prepared upon in my exodus from Pyrettania. As Chrysanthemum Throne returns to its rightful rule I have reviewed the actions and policies which the Princess of Arovium undertook as she tended to the responsibilities of Rokkenjiman governance. As a former Vicegerent of this First Empire she has performed her responsibilities well and I support the vast majority of her policies and endeavours in her time upon the Throne. Much of what she has set in place will remain, however, those decisions which were made in error shall be addressed and corrected.

The most glaring of these issues, the extension of official recognition to Bene Gesserit as a religion throughout the First Empire, is of most crucial importance. I share most closely the concerns of our Morelander allies who saw the theft of nuclear material which threatened most serious and dire consequences if this plot had succeeded. While I have long been a supporter of self-determination and the plight of the oppressed I cannot ignore the threat which Bene Gesserit, through the agents of the Truthsayers, pose to the civilized nations of Mundus. For these reasons, until such a time the Bene Gesserit have sufficiently proven that the links between themselves and any terrorist activity upon Mundus are an exception this First Empire cannot allow the seed of destruction within our borders, nor can we offer our protection to forces which have already attacked our allies and their interests.

I have been accused of many things in recent times, including providing aid and comfort to the mutual enemy of the Kingdom of East Moreland and the First Empire: the Borland Separatists. At no time did I, nor any legitimate operative of my Government, offer any assistance or offer to the Borland Separatists. To this day the First Empire remains aligned against Kyle Barren and his band of terrorists for a long line of crimes against the Rokkenjiman and Morelander Peoples. We shall remain dedicated to bringing justice to their door-steps, just as they were dedicated to bringing sorrow and destruction to the doorsteps of our Peoples.

In recognition of the actions of the Borland Separatists, in conjunction of sympathies extended towards the Separatists, I have ordered an international arrest warrant for Lucinda Hadley, former High Commander of the Anauša, for her crimes against this First Empire and her allies. This is not a decision which brings me joy, however, none are above the rule of law. I trust that our international allies and partners will assist us in bringing Ms. Hadley to face the full force of justice for her actions. Many lives, countless perhaps, were and are put into harm's way because of her decisions and that is a fact which cannot go unaddressed.

As always I have pursued the path of justice and the rule of law, and where I was precluded from acting I certainly attempted through alternative means. I may not be perfect but a criminal I am not, for the efforts of this nation in the international community prove our commitment to those Treaties we sign and the Principles which uphold them. Cowardice I may be accused of, but never have I soiled my honour nor my integrity; with my return those who betrayed this First Empire or her Allies will face the full spectrum of repercussions for their actions; my word is my bond.

The world before us is one most uncertain, perhaps to an extent unseen since the Era of Soviet Aggression. We must persist through this period and work together to strengthen international bonds and trust. Failure to do so, and failure to act in the presence of injustice, shall render that progress we have achieved meaningless. May we find the guidance and wisdom to cooperate to prevent great cataclysm from visiting Mundus yet again.

In partnership;

Beatrice Anselmo
Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis