Author Topic: Brother Jonathan's Angels  (Read 5693 times)

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
Brother Jonathan's Angels
« on: March 03, 2018, 05:42:40 PM »

The Bretonnian Republic

To President Jonathan F. J. Blackwind of the Heyran Republic,

On behalf of the Bretonnian people...as well as our dear mutual capitalist friend Brother Jonathan, I President Marc-Antoine Lavaud and my dear partner Vice President Gabriel Pomeroy hereby requests that a diplomatic gathering shall take place between the Bretonnian and Heyran republics for the greater and common good amongst the peoples who inhabit these lands, in terms of facilitating a codified agreement. It shall either take place in my country or yours, where hopefully a fruitful discussion shall take place. Looking forward to be hearing from you as to how the Heyran counterpart wishes to set this up.

Take Care and God Bless...Yours Truly,

President Marc-Antoine Lavaud of the Bretonnian Republic
Vice President Gabriel Pomeroy of the Bretonnian Republic
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 06:32:35 PM by The Young Pope »

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Brother Jonathan's Angels
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 06:29:44 PM »

We came into the world like brother and brother; And now let's go hand in hand, not one before another.
- William Shakespeare

Ah the City of Empire Bay, District of Cornucopia, its history stretches into the centuries and has only grown stronger and better than ever before, rising like a Phoenix whether it were to be a devastating fire or malicious bombs falling from the depths of the skies; A city where the worlds of Money and Politics seem to intertwine with each other, a legacy left behind by one of the Greatest and most Prosperous Empires known to the Mortal Man and the Immortal God...that was that the perception was among the common Bretonnian citizen anyway, including the minds of men such as Vice President Gabriel Pomeroy and especially President Gabriel Pomeroy...it was the time to make things greater once more and it would come, hopefully.

If there was one thing Lavaud was most passionate about, it was to get involved in things relating to the past especially those belonging to a common ground between Heyra and Bretonnia, who were if one would put it that way, twin brothers who got unlawfully seperated and molested from one another by strangers claiming to know what was the right thing to do for them even though it was common knowledge that the case wasn't so. As in everyone's aspects of life, it was too late to correct the mistakes but it was never too late make due of what was available on the table, that being a unique relationship between these two twin countries, despite their subtle differences they make it up for their love of the Free Market and Liberty in the Constitutional Republics.

Going back to the relevant point regarding Lavaud, he was sitting at his desk in the oval office with two copies of the countries' flags, comparing them with a magnifying glass, a pen and notebook. "So Fascinating...Intriguing...The Love was never Lost after all" he said for himself while scribbling down a few sentences from time to time...all of this was of course a real amusement to his VP Pomeroy who couldn't almost smile and giggle. "I like how you can be fixated at such...details, when you're bored...apparently this is fun to you? I prefer a good beverage with a bit of sting, discussing shares and the stocks and...-" before Pomeroy could continue, Lavaud hushed his annoying belittlement. "Wow..." Pomeroy could only..."Wow...well in any case my dear friend and colleague, our Heyran brothers-in-arms are almost upon us, I assume we should get ready then?" the VP kindlt reminded the President. "These businessmen better be here in time, we got a 'train to catch' so to speak haha...".

"Oh yeah? Well wait til' I make my additional offer...it's for the common good, the entire good for Mundus." Lavaud proclaimed in his most dominating stance. "Marc, are you sure about this? Think about it...look I'm not the one who needs the convincement...it's our local allies...the people...LISA..." Pomeroy said, a bit concerned of Lavaud's proposal which in theory it was a noble and righteous thing to do, but at the same time risky and dangerous considering the unlimited amount of outcomes there were after all. "Gabe...trust and confide in me as I do in you, I can guarantee that the Bretonnian citizens is more than willing to sacrifice their heart, body and soul for this undertaking, the symbiotic love and grace between us and the Heyrans have never been greater than before...The House and the Senate will submit to this understanding...or we will make them." Lavaud replied in a dominating tone. "As for LISA...well Mother Fortuna has been with us so far? Besides it's not those Rokkenjimans that need to be pursuaded, for what we care simply hand them a plate of sushi and their will can be modified for extensive means...It's the Achkaerinese who need to see the Truth, The Light...they need to experience an Enlightenment, a Revelation of some sorts...Those pesky Himeyans can't receive any foreign support, not at least from those who possess nuclear weapons."

Meanwhile as Pomeroy was trying his best to make Lavaud reasonable again, a group of Attachés was awaiting the VPPA at Joint Base Andrews. As When the visitor's aircraft has completed taxiing, a ground crew will move air stairs into position at the aircraft's door and unroll a red carpet. A military cordon, consisting of an approximately equal number of personnel from the 3rd Bretonnian Infantry Regiment, the Bretonnian Navy Ceremonial Guard, the Bretonnian Coast Guard Ceremonial Honor Guard, and the Bretonnian Air Force Honor Guard will form, flanking either side of the red carpet. The cordon will consist of around 21-personnel and In front of the cordon, closer to the aircraft stairs, a welcoming committee will form in a line. The welcoming committee consists of the Bretonnian Chief of Protocol, the Bretonnian ambassador to the visiting state, the visiting state's ambassador to Bretonnia, the commanding general of Joint Base Andrews, and two or three prominent personages designated by the Chief of Protocol.

It was in the last moment that the Heyran aircraft appeared from skies, made its smooth landing and proceeded to taxi its way to the designated welcoming area. As planned, the red carpet and the guards were deployed on either side. As the aircraft door was opened, the Heyran VPPA walked down the air stairs and the Bretonnian Air Force Band performed "Arrival Fanfare Number One". At the bottom of the stairs, he got greeted by an Bretonnian schoolchild with a bouquet of flowers before being introduced to the welcoming committee by the Chief of protocol. The national anthems of the Heyran and the Bretonnian Republics were performed.

The welcoming commitee with the above-mentioned characters greeted eagerly VPPA George J. S. Wersten, before the chief of protocol finally concluded the first part of the arrival. "Once again Your Excellency Wersten, we welcome you with great honor and pleasure to the Brotherly Republic of Bretonnia. We will now proceed by car to the President's Guest House as planned and discussed, please take my lead good Sir. We hope that the Excellency had a pleasant, short flight; Their Excellencies VP Pomeroy and President Lavaud as well as important individuals within the Train business can't wait to start the negotiations as we speak." he concluded.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 04:54:11 PM »
"Most certainly President Blackwind, most certainly will we be on our way." the Chief of Protocol answered. He led the visitors to a convoy and in the middle of it was the designated vehicle which would take them to Magnificent borough where the counry's political heart was located at. Offering them beverages located on either side of the vehicle, sooner or later the entire convoy was on its way accompanied by local law enforcement. "Forgive my manners gentlemen, I'm Mr. Sean Lawler; President Lavaud picked me of all suitable candidates to become the Official Chief of Protocol, in which my duty is to be advising the President, the Vice President, and the Secretary of State on matters of national and international diplomatic protocol but I'm sure the Heyrans have similar positions and institutions, after all we're related...more or less." Lawler began. It was at this moment as they exited the Base area that the Chief Protocol's mobile rang.

"Lawler speaking...Oh I see...understood Sir...Very well, thank you" Lawler said finishing the call. "It seems there's a slight change of plans gentlemen, we'll be heading directly to the White House as we speak. Also I'm here to kindly inform you that if there's one thing both Bretonnians and Heyrans like is coming straight into the business instead of dragging and delaying very important things; I'm sure you gentlemen wouldn't mind if we skipped the prolonged ceremonials; at least as you can notice the Bretonnian citizens are displaying their sincere welcome and gratitude for your presence." Lawler gesticulated outside the vehcle's windows. In any case as the convoy made its way through the streets of Empire Bay, the White House made the last-minute preparations before the eventual arrival. The Convoy passed the strict security controls within the Mall district where important national monuments, government departments and the Congress building. President Lavaud and Vice President Pomeroy were already waiting outside.

"Jonathan...George...! It's great to see you both finally, welcome once more to Bretonnia and especially the Big Windy Apple as we locals like to call it. We have important matters to discuss but remember to treat this as if it were to be your home, anything at your disposal, anything at your service." President Lavaud said, shaking hands with their guests, Pomeroy doing the same thing. "Please come in to enter our humble abode of influence..." Pomeroy said, accompanied by Secret Service agents the group made their way into the Oval Office, the principle seat of the Bretonnian President and before that, the former Viceroy of the Heyran Empire's presence in Bretonnia; the Empire may be long gone, but the legacy still remains entrenched within the Bretonnian heart and soul, with the eldest citizens still longing for the day of rejuvenation. "Take a seat my friends...Oh bloody he-..." Lavaud stopped himself before his certain choice of words made their way out of his tongue. "Forgive me but it seems our business associates have taken a wrong turn in traffic and combine that with the most extreme blockages...Oh well enough time with other matters."

Pomeroy continued while standing close to the mini bar. "We'll let you have the honors to begin with propositions...Drinks anyone?"

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 11:08:41 AM »
Pomeroy obeyed their guests' orders, making the drinks before returning to the table and sat down before Lavaud commented. "Thank you dear...Cheers for the Only, True Republics that Mundus has ever known and a shared bright future, *Clinks glasses and taking a sip*.

Very well, your initial proposals gentlemen is what exactly we've been craving all along" Lavaud began before de-constructing each point Blackwind made. "First of all regarding your rightful ownership of Barnacle Isle it's very unfortunate that the rest of our Alba Karinyan so-called 'friends' didn't act in a friendly manner and announced their needed support, I don't really see how this mess will resolve itself by keeping mouth's shut, which is why it will take double the effort from us Bretonnians to aid our Heyran brothers in this matter...like old time" Lavaud said with a smile, it had only gone 73 yrs since the Bretonnian seperation from Heyra and even then it felt as it happened yesterday. "A military section in the treaty will surely exist, however in our opinion it's important that we play this in a smart way somehow provoke the Himeyans in committing a mistake and them Bam, we move in and claim Barnacle for its rightful owner...remember being the victim gains more international sympathies than outright being the aggressor although it's certainly way more fun with the action" Lavaud chuckled.

"The plague may very well be as the 'experts' call it, under control. However whether something dangerous is under control or not, it's still lethal indeed; I heard how the emergency meeting went...My apologies for my incompetent Secretaries and their silence regarding the matter, as a matter of fact both Gabe and I absolutely understand your proposal which in our view sounds logical and reasonable in times such as these, however the only concerns we host is the impact on our rather open economy, especially the clients with a lot of capitalised assets..." Lavaud said, taking a tiny break to moisturize his throat while Pomeroy continued.

"The transporation project involving a non-stop route between our Republics is something we'd wish to see happen, however as you pointed out the Morelanders are quite fiersly patriotic about their soil, understanding their situation regarding terrorism form Borlanders and Truthsayers...but indeed it does complicate our common agendas; funding is certainly not an issue, just the security controls and unnecessary bureaucracy. We either have to put pressue on these Badgers or make compromises, which is frankly something that should be left for extreme measures." Pomeroy stopped as the late guests finally arrived.

Lavaud introduced each of them, including Secretary of Transportation Addison Fitzcharles, Secretary of Energy Christian Topwells, Secretary of Defense Phillip Hillingham and Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Matthew Hampton, as well as prominent businessmen and other lobbyists, saying their hellos, shaking hands and grabbing drinks, all of them were relevant for discussions regarding a 3rd generation Nuclear Reactor, a Space Agency/Program and even helping to clean up Mines lodged in the Heyran soil.

"Good it seems the party's larger now..In any case, seeing as they're more areas we can cooperate in including financial centres and educational topics...our cabinet has devised a proposed treaty draft, which we'll send over to your pads, so feel free to offer suggestions and editing." Pomeroy said, in a few seconds their Heyran guests could see the treaty now apprearing in their screens, as well as everyone else.

Section I - Diplomacy

Heyra-Bretonnia Treaty of Friendship & Cooperation

(1) The parties agree to maintain active embassies with each other. If summoned an ambassador shall present themselves to the host government within twenty four hours of the summons.

(2) Either party may request a twelve hour extension upon receipt of the summons should a level of seniority be required due to the issue concerned.

(3) The parties declare that they shall act in a spirit of friendship and cooperation with a view to further developing and fostering economic and cultural intercourse with one another, each adhering to the principle of respect for the independence and sovereignty of the other and non-interference in their internal affairs.

(4) Should disputes or conflicts arise between the High Contracting Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

(5) The parties shall allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visas aiding in travel between the two nations for purpose of trade, recreation, and business. These visas shall be available to anyone who meets the following criteria

(a) Has a stay lasting no longer than 90 days
(b) Has a return ticket
(c) Is able to fund the duration of their stay.
(d) Has no criminal record
(e) Is not deemed a threat to national security.
(f) All requirements have been fulfilled in accordance to local laws and procedures when conducting trade and/or business.

(6) The parties agree to the establishment of a system of extradition for persons accused of crimes in one country to the jurisdiction of the other. No extradition shall take place until compelling evidence has been presented and the country who would be granting extradition is satisfied that Articles four and seven of the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights will be met.

Section II - Trade

(7) The parties pledge to trade fairly with each other and to respect the lawful commerce of each party.

(8) Neither of the parties shall create taxes, limits, bans, or quotas on the goods or services of the other party on basis of their origin from the other party, with exception to such taxes, limits, bans, or quotas created by international organizations of which the parties are members thereof.

(9) The parties recognize the right of free commercial navigation through the waters and airspace of the other party, with adherence to local laws and procedures.

Section III - Security

(10) Both parties shall desist from any act of violence, any aggressive action, and any attack on each other, either individually or jointly with other powers. With the exception of other existing mandates.

(11) An armed attack on one party shall be considered an attack on both parties.

(12) The parties agree to share military intelligence that is believed to be in the interest of the safety and security of the other, so long as doing so does not compromise the safety or security of themselves.

(13) The parties shall take part in an annual naval and military training exercise between their respective armed forces.

(14) The parties agree to an annual officer exchange between their armed forces to promote co-operation between their armed forces.

(15) In the interest of security and mutual defense the two parties give permission and access to military vessels through each of the other High Contracting Party's territorial waters under the following conditions

(a) An official communique shall be sent to the other Party's High Command as to the reason why military vessels are entering territorial waters.
(b) Prior to entering territorial waters a naval route, compliment, and plan shall be sent. Vessels shall not deviate from planned routes unless requested by the other party or it is in response to a SOS call.
(c) Neither of the two parties shall conduct military maneuvers in the others Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) without prior authorization.
(d) Continual communication shall be maintained while military vessels of one party are within the territorial waters of the other.
(e) The vessels shall at all times except where otherwise explicitly accounted for act in accordance with the Fair Seas Concordat

Section IV - Special Agreements

(16) There shall be an annual sporting event held between the two nations in the sport of ...

(17) The Heyran and Bretonnian Republics shall lay the foundation of an interconnected, non-stop train route between said nations

(18) The Heyran Republic shall receive financial and resourceful aid from the Bretonnian Republic in founding its own Space Agency and Program

(19) The Heyran Republic shall receive financial and resourceful aid from the Bretonnian Republic in constructing its own 3rd generation nuclear reactor

(20) The Bretonnian Republic shall aid in the removal of mines and other explosive devices in the Heyran Republic

Section V - Miscellaneous

(21) This treaty shall be in force until either party withdraws from it. After which the treaty shall cease to be in force ninety days after notice is given. Notice shall be given in writing.

(22) The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed by both parties.

Signed

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 08:39:51 AM »
Imminent silence occured as the Bretonnians were reading idly through every part of the treaty, from what was once a minute ago being a room full of cackling hens. It was Lavaud who started to open up a lively conversation once more. "This is simply a piece of diplomatic art at the highest level President Blackwind, marvelous and of an intricate design I should say, this is exactly the kind of agreements and arrangements that should be done between such friends and allies of a great caliber. It's time to show our beloved Alba Karinyan continent and especially those greedy Badgers that it's also the home of our Republics; for far too long have Heyra and Bretonnia been in obscurity but now it's time once more to rise up to become that Mhorish and Illumic Fires. Mark my words that those weird-speaking Morelanders will aid realise our train project whether they like it or not, for the benefit of all peoples...especially those in the fields of business and pleasure". he said as the tone in the Oval Office was definitely on a much positive note.

"Unless there's something more to be said our dear Heyran friends, we might as well get on with the signing toasting!" the VP exclaimed.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 09:23:31 PM »
"When it comes to these health security measures, we would be more than likely to agree to such a proposal. The Ecclesiastical State for instance became one of the first countries to adopt the so-called Morelander model when it comes to secure borders, especially in airports where comfortability is sacrificed for the most efficient and safest travelling, This would then be a great opportunity to embark on such a path, starting out with these health security measures...I would consider it like an experiment and will be based on a trial period until the Plague epidemic is totally gone." Lavaud replied, taking more sips from his Champagne-ridden glass, overly enjoyed that both parties finally signed a treaty that effectively sealed the fate for their common folk, for a better prosperous future alltogether.

"I have to say that the Winter Olympics in Heyra was quite a spectacular show to be seen, I congratulate thee for the success and joy it brought forth for everyone".

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 08:35:24 PM »
"As much as it sounds like a terrific idea in theory, it would most certainly threaten Bretonnian values. We don't only value economic freedoms but also the personal ones. The Bretonnian healthcare system may be universal, however there are no free state-provided health services but private health insurance is compulsory for all persons residing in the country, within three months of taking up residence or being born in the country. As such it would be hard to force Bretonnian visitors to utilize such a chip without their immediate consent as well..." Lavaud said, finally noticing one essential difference between their republics. "The Buponic plague may have exposed weaknesses in the systems, but for now to consider implementing chips with or without public consent isn't the way forward, it would only breed distrust towards the Federal government as a whole."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 07:22:52 AM »
"Well at the same time we consider ours quite equal and liberal compared to yours, where the focus doesn't lie in the government catering to a Nanny-state system...besides we're one of Mundus' prosperous countries despite the differences in our system, so I think that speaks quite clearly whether it's working or not" Lavaud simply replied, thinking that it's common to judge Bretonnia in such a manner without actually knowing the national mentality and this coming from a Heyran surprised him but again, it's more about potential economic ambitions rather than going deeper into the cultural routes, which is why he was cautious in mentioning anything regarding Heyran culture and traditions and instead let the counterparts bring it up instead; Bretonnia and Heyra may have had been into Unity but 73 yrs later, the differences are greater than ever.

"What about our common, mutual partner...Rokkenjima? I know the contributions made from their part and the fact that Bretonnia and Rokkenjima are part of the same alliance, with potential state visits from their controversial Empress Beatrice. What's your view on the Rokkenjimans overall, can they be trusted?" Lavaud asked, wanting to know an opinion from their closest ally before making any predetermined judgement.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 10:08:01 PM »
"Well at least you got your Ecclesiastical State with similar outlook, although those taxation levels does suffocate me a bit every time I take a look at the papers...In any case..." Lavaud said, after listening closely to Blackwind's comments regarding the Rokkenjimans who've acted quite wild and confused lately, still thinking that they're somehow the sole Super Power of the world while neglecting such duties for it to be true at all, not to mention the Empress broke up the triparite treaty with Dartfordia and East Moreland, also hearing from inside contacts that their BBQ eating Badger neighbours get the blame for it all...how typical. Naturally his Heyran counterpart didn't let his mouth express the proper words, he suspected that the Heyrans were slowly but surely becoming Rokkenjiman puppets, but that was something up for another discussion at a different time.

"Well hehe, how should I put this...it's part of making Bretonnia Great again; having Rokkenjima and Achkaerin as allies and friends is truly a boon for us Bretonnians and adds a balance in the world comparing with the CNN alliance, many opportunites arising from such an alliances as well."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2018, 12:43:19 PM »
"I wouldn't be worried if I were you, after all Achkaerin and Bretonnia are close with East Moreland for instance, which balances it out perfectly between the two sides; the Ecclesiastical State as well, do remember that they're CNN but at the same time the Young Pope's after all Achkaerinese in blood and every Pope always has his original homeland in his heart even though serving another 'master' so to say. How I would view the Bretonnian future in LISA...I have to admit that we honestly don't know however we're glad to embark on such a journey ahead no matter if it's a good or bad ending. A bit of a gamble to state such, but Bretonnia hasn't been in such a wild ride for decades haha.

"The Ecclesiastical State is certainly one of the largest and most-developed economies in Mundus, thanks to its seemingly unlimited natural resources and hard-working labour, as well as a generous market to enter in an easier way compared to other similar nations; much more sensible than the Arda Tuluvans who're perhaps the largest so far in our world but the restrictions and how should I put it, 'greed', make it an obstacle. I'm amazed they've become a large economy despite...Eh, I'm not much of an economist so shouldn't speculate hehe. I heard it's going to be a pain to enter ES after the recent security implementations based on the Morelander model, hope it won't affect too much the flow of businessmen."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2018, 11:01:16 PM »
"The Ecclesiastical State's reasons for a tighter border control may seem absurd at first, but here I highly recommend to read this." Lavaud said, as he showed a link to the ES news website, an article, while gathering his thoughts as to what to say in regards to Bretonnia managing to overcome a good deal from their supposed-to-be-friends East Moreland. "I'm grateful for the help offer Wersten, much appreciated, as we all suspect that negotiating with Badgers isn't something to underestimate at all. In the end we'll try our best to squeeze a favorable outcome for all of us but we can't promise you otherwise sought-for good results...which is why we prepared a live conference, so if you could please look to the wll to your right gentlemen."

A few seconds and there appeared on the screen Morelander representatives. "Good day to our greatest Badger allies, I suspect you've been informed quite a bit about this train proposal that Heyra and Bretonnia wish to undertake, and as you can notice Blackwind and Wersten are fittingly with us as well. So please do inform as your position on this matter and whether we can find possible compromises, solutions as a matter of fact..."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 12:45:28 AM »
Details of the treaty had been faxed over and the King had left it to Prime Minister Henrietta Quinn to go and face the webcam. This wasn't a method of diplomacy she especially liked but it seemed that was the way Bretonnia wanted to do things. She gauged the room where she could see the Heyran's lurking in the background. "This is poised to be the shortest conference of my career" she began, "Lets be clear I'm thrilled for the pair of you that your nations have come to this agreement. Anything that promotes co-operation for peaceful ends between our neighbours is good news. What however concerns us is that you see fit to negotiate between yourselves Article 11 which effectively is not concerned with just you two. What you are essentially asking for is control to be handed over to the two of you of territory belonging to East Moreland. Allow me to explain, East Moreland is considered by our people Holy Land. I believe with Bretonnia being rather friendly with the Ecclesiasticals they'll be well aware of the importance the faithful place on this concept of a Holy Land. That is no different to those who follow the Cult of Helus and their views of Morelander territory. I'm disappointed on two fronts. First the fact that our friend there from Bretonia is only too aware of our willingness to work cooperatively on the aspects of transportation, after all our Alpine tunnel is due to start soon. Secondly I'm disappointed that you have shown little regard for our nations sovereign territory as you carve a route through it without consulting us about the concept at all. Our territory is not open for others to do with as they wish, not now, not ever." Henrietta paused. "As it stands you will not be given one millimeter of East Moreland territory, instead you will be given two minutes to convince me why I shouldn't now, having made our feelings on this manner of doing this project clear, terminate this link and go enjoy a sunny day in Northfort?"

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2018, 09:27:00 AM »
Lavaud chuckled a little, typical Morelanders and their silly threats viewing Bretonnia as their puppet. Oh no, Bretonnia wasn't exactly going down the route of the Prostitucracy of Vaguzia in the west and seal the fate for the republican ambition forever.

"Henrietta, Henrietta my dear, you've got it all wrong to begin with, making baseless assumptions without taking a closer look, to put it as bluntly as possible. First of all this copy of our treaty you got right in front of you are based on intentions, ideas...a vision so to speak, they haven't of course been properly finalized to begin with; It's common knowledge that both of our Senates have to confirm and validate international treaties thus it seemed the right thing to do is to here and now converse with our Morelander allies and FRIENDS." Lavaud emphasized.

"Remember our first successful treaty over decades past? That got as a huge boon for both nations, an Alpine train route due to the fact that the spirit of cooperation was alive and breathing, mutual trust and transparency prevailed over everything else...to ensure the futures for our great people. Now, this is not how I envisioned our friendship to be as this is the exact opposite of what our enemies want to see; squabble and bickering to no end, threatening to disintergrate the Alba Karinyan states til' there's no signs of life still existing. We all understand the situation you're going through with the Borlander terrorists as well as the nation's history and mentality has formed, that still doesn't give enough reasons to show some utter lack of trust and empathy towards us smaller neighbours; Heyra and Bretonnia has and will never plot anything against East Moreland, this a train route aimed at linking the nations' capitals, nothing more, nothing less. The fact that we somehow want all control to be handed to us and carve up your territory without your consent, cooperation...that's just conspiratorial nonsense, that's not what the treaty says at all if you go and proof read it properly next time." Lavaud paused and treated his throat with some liquid before continuing.

"I'll leave it up to you how you want to solve it; Either cut this feed and enjoy some BBQ under the sun OR we actually go through for real with all three parties together as it should be, for the benefit of all Alba Karinya. The fact that we're spending time just to include East Moreland to begin with shows how much we care and show appreciation for you and not vice versa. Mark my words, walking out of this would be an unfortunate, wasted opportunity that never got to see green light that would benefit all of us three; We're giving you a chance to implement your presence in this grand Alba Karinyan Vision...will you show us the same courtesy and amount of respect, like friends should and always?" Lavaud ended and sat down, hoping Quinn would do the right thing.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 11:37:49 PM »
Henrietta listened to both representatives before making her response. "I'll be honest we have deep reservations how this has been done. In the past we have agreed to talks about a Trans-Alba Karinyan railway, nothing come of that and it was that opportunity that would have been the prime time to include this proposal. Instead the two of you have gone away and conjured up this project behind our backs. It does not bode well for the future, what else exactly have you been discussing in secret behind our backs?" She didn't wait for the response and instead continued.

"We have a number of reservations that so far you have not got anywhere near addressing. The first is security, our borders have always controlled who and what crosses them and while we can make this easier through visa treaties we still know everyone who crosses our frontiers" Henrietta was a realist however she knew some people would cross undocumented, after all the Alps were vast but those numbers would be minscule and no nation had a completely sealed fool proof border. "So the first task you need to do is show how you will maintain that standard of security."

"The second issue is that of land, you say you don't want an inch of our territory but in order to build you must acquire land. This land would then be out of our control, so please explain how you expect to deal with the land ownership issue. The third issue is ownership, who will own the tracks, the rolling stock etc, you are saying the two nations will for example own 25% each, who then will own the other 50%? You see it is issues like this and the fact you have a treaty signed regarding this that makes us suspicious of what else has been discussed behind our backs. A far better way forward for you would have been attending the whole continent meeting on the matter of a railway. Our commitment to that was known, Bretonnia knew we were willing to discuss better connectivity for the continent yet I feel the two of you believe this is a done deal that is going ahead once the I's have been dotted and the T's crossed. Now at present I am inclined based on what the two of you have told me to recommend to the King that he not permit this project to ever see the light of day, what you have done however is extend the time I'm willing to sit here. So perhaps may I suggest you begin telling me exactly what you have agreed behind closed doors so that the three of us have the exact same knowledge, then perhaps you can begin persuading me that I should recommend the project to my King."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2018, 07:59:35 PM »
"One major solution to all of this is a compromise; allow a direct route between our capitals, in exchange East Moreland will handle all the security issues. The most effective way to ensure that the people onboard are genuine is to place highly competent and experienced Train Marshals onboard to handle any hostile situation, Morelander security will handle all backage checks in the two capital cities to save maximum time for instance. These are only two of possible answers to the security issue concerning terrorists such as Borlanders and Truthsayers.

Secondly this is certainly a project to recommend to the King, think about the Morelander, Bretonnian, Heyra, AK...other continental travellers wishing to cross to Heyra from Bretonnia or vice versa WITHOUT needing to waste valuable time and resources transiting through East Moreland, if I would cite one reason. You may have your thoughts about us two colluding without your knowledge but rest assured that East Moreland would've sooner or later been invited to discuss, otherwise we wouldn't be having this live chat with your presence to begin with. Our nations have been seperated since the end of the Great War and I can't tell you how much our peoples had to go through and suffer...what surprises me the most is a highstanding nation can't seem to understand that. Our initial discussions might've been seen as a collusion, but collusion here and collusion there...Our peoples that were once united in one entity are talking once more and maybe one beautiful day we'll be united again. So yes I at least won't excuse myself for trying to correct the wrongdoings of the past and focusing on the better future for all of us here in this continent."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2018, 08:27:35 PM »
"So our already stretched Security Services are now expected to come and set up in two whole new countries?" Henrietta raised an eye brow. "That's quiet an undertaking your asking from us to see a railway that we get zero benefit from. And these train marshalls who is providing them? Even if this is a direct high speed route we've people on our territory that we've no say in, I'm assuming you'll be happy for us to insist that anyone passing through would have to meet our nations security cleareance, assuming we give the green light to it? That being the case we then have extra checks to do on travellers."

She then turned to the second point, "We welcome better relations with all nations of Alba Karinya but this can't be done at the expense of our sovereignty. The fact this is part of repairing some kind of union between the two of you, well thats all well and good but what your asking for is around a stretch of our territory to make it happen and at the moment this all sounds like its making your life easier while ours becomes more difficult. How do you expect me to take a proposal that sounds this way to the King?"