Author Topic: The Catholics of Miteravia  (Read 16660 times)

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Miteravia
Re: The Catholics of Miteravia
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2018, 09:46:24 PM »
The President and Vice-President guided Pope Peter II and his entourage to the Grand Conference Room in the Parliament building.
'Your Holiness, In here we may discuss the possibility of the aforementioned treaty, this is the room in which the Miteravian Constitution was drafted and signed. The Parliament will remain in session, once we have reached an agreement the parliament will vote on whether or not to accept it. In the event the vote fails, which I'd assume will not happen provided the Worker's Party play ball with the SLP, then Parliament will veto it, return it to us here where you may look over it, make amendments and so forth then it will be voted on again, if you don't mind of course.' The President explained.
The cabinet ministers of Miteravia entered the room and both Parties took their places at the long table set out before them.
'Now,' Vice-President Hester smiled sincerely, 'What sort of treaty did you have in mind, Your Holiness?'

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2018, 10:34:15 PM »
"Very well, this is what we had in mind..."

Treaty of Friendship and Trade Between the Republic of Miteravia and the Ecclesiastical State

Section I - Diplomacy

(1) The parties agree to maintain active embassies with each other. If summoned an ambassador shall present themselves to the host government within twenty four hours of the summons.

(2) Either party may request a twelve hour extension upon receipt of the summons should a level of seniority be required due to the issue concerned.

(3) The parties declare that they shall act in a spirit of friendship and cooperation with a view to further developing and fostering economic and cultural intercourse with one another, each adhering to the principle of respect for the independence and sovereignty of the other and non-interference in their internal affairs.

(4) Should disputes or conflicts arise between the High Contracting Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

(5) The parties shall allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visas aiding in travel between the two nations for purpose of trade, recreation, and business. These visas shall be available to anyone who meets the following criteria

(a) Has a stay lasting no longer than 90 days
(b) Has a return ticket
(c) Is able to fund the duration of their stay.
(d) Has no criminal record
(e) Is not deemed a threat to national security.
(f) All requirements have been fulfilled in accordance to local laws and procedures when conducting trade and/or business.

(6) The parties agree to the establishment of a system of extradition for persons accused of crimes in one country to the jurisdiction of the other. No extradition shall take place until compelling evidence has been presented and the country who would be granting extradition is satisfied that Articles four and seven of the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights will be met.

Section II - Trade

(7) The parties pledge to trade fairly with each other and to respect the lawful commerce of each party.

(8) Neither of the parties shall create taxes, limits, bans, or quotas on the goods or services of the other party on basis of their origin from the other party, with exception to such taxes, limits, bans, or quotas created by international organizations of which the parties are members thereof.

(9) The parties recognize the right of free commercial navigation through the waters and airspace of the other party, with adherence to local laws and procedures.

Section III - Defence and Security

(10) Both parties shall desist from any act of violence, any aggressive action, and any attack on each other, either individually or jointly with other powers. With the exception of other existing mandates.

(11) An armed attack on one party shall be considered an attack on both parties.

(12) The parties agree to share military intelligence that is believed to be in the interest of the safety and security of the other, so long as doing so does not compromise the safety or security of themselves.

(13) The parties shall take part in an annual naval, aerial, and military training exercise between their respective armed forces.

(14) The parties agree to an annual officer exchange between their armed forces to promote co-operation between their armed forces.

(15) In the interest of security and mutual defense the two parties give permission and access to military vessels through each of the other High Contracting Party's territorial waters under the following conditions

(a) An official communique shall be sent to the other Party's High Command as to the reason why military vessels are entering territorial waters.
(b) Prior to entering territorial waters a naval route, compliment, and plan shall be sent. Vessels shall not deviate from planned routes unless requested by the other party or it is in response to a SOS call.
(c) Neither of the two parties shall conduct military maneuvers in the others Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) without prior authorization.
(d) Continual communication shall be maintained while military vessels of one party are within the territorial waters of the other.
(e) The vessels shall at all times except where otherwise explicitly accounted for act in accordance with the Fair Seas Concordat.

Section IV - Special Agreements

(16) There shall be an annual sporting event held between the two nations in the sport of ...

(17) The Ecclesiastical State shall annually donate $1 billion to the Republic of Miteravia

Section IV - Miscellaneous

(18) This treaty shall be in force until either party withdraws from it. After which the treaty shall cease to be in force ninety days after notice is given. Notice shall be given in writing.

(19) The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed by both parties.

"I'll let you have the honors to decide what sport our nations shall partake in yearly; as previously mentioned in time as our relations are improved, I believe the Security section will be added, but for now diplomatic and economical matters are mostly relevant. Please, don't hesitate to propose changes or additions..." the Pope said.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 11:59:49 AM by The Young Pope »

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2018, 10:55:36 PM »
There was a nods of agreement and murmurs of hushed excitement. The Miteravians seemed exceptionally pleased with this arrangement. President Seiler raised his hand, signalling for silence from his ministers.
'Mr Kaufmann, you are Minister of Administration and Public Amenities correct?' Seiler enquired.
'Correct, sir.' Kaufmann responded.
'Are you aware of the most popular national sport?'
'Um...well...I do believe...' Kaufmann said quite unsure.
'Football, um soccer...' Stated a voice from the left of Seiler. Seiler looked down the row of people.
'Thank you Mr Freud, it probably would've been smarter to ask the Minister of Health.' Seiler chuckled. 'I think we'd prefer football as the annual sporting event, easily televised and such. Any other comments, Ministers?'
Milan Kulich, Minister of Industry and Economic Policy took the opportunity to speak. 'Yes, Your Holiness, regarding Article 11, is there any conditions of this donation? Where it should be spent? How it should be used?'
The President continued: 'So if the answer to Mr Kulich's question is no and football is equally fine by yourselves we'd be happy to send this through to Parliament for the ratification vote. I certainly don't see this being defeated.'

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2018, 11:10:22 PM »
"Football it shall be...as for specific requirements in terms of this very generous gift...almost none at all, as long as the interests of the Church are well taken care of, you may use these funds for whatever it's deemed to be an utmost priority." the Pope said, taking a pen and signing his name, being pleased at the smoothness of the negotiations and hoped that the Parliament would see this fit.

Treaty of Friendship and Trade Between the Republic of Miteravia and the Ecclesiastical State

Section I - Diplomacy

(1) The parties agree to maintain active embassies with each other. If summoned an ambassador shall present themselves to the host government within twenty four hours of the summons.

(2) Either party may request a twelve hour extension upon receipt of the summons should a level of seniority be required due to the issue concerned.

(3) The parties declare that they shall act in a spirit of friendship and cooperation with a view to further developing and fostering economic and cultural intercourse with one another, each adhering to the principle of respect for the independence and sovereignty of the other and non-interference in their internal affairs.

(4) Should disputes or conflicts arise between the High Contracting Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

(5) The parties shall allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visas aiding in travel between the two nations for purpose of trade, recreation, and business. These visas shall be available to anyone who meets the following criteria

(a) Has a stay lasting no longer than 90 days
(b) Has a return ticket
(c) Is able to fund the duration of their stay.
(d) Has no criminal record
(e) Is not deemed a threat to national security.
(f) All requirements have been fulfilled in accordance to local laws and procedures when conducting trade and/or business.

(6) The parties agree to the establishment of a system of extradition for persons accused of crimes in one country to the jurisdiction of the other. No extradition shall take place until compelling evidence has been presented and the country who would be granting extradition is satisfied that Articles four and seven of the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights will be met.

Section II - Trade

(7) The parties pledge to trade fairly with each other and to respect the lawful commerce of each party.

(8) Neither of the parties shall create taxes, limits, bans, or quotas on the goods or services of the other party on basis of their origin from the other party, with exception to such taxes, limits, bans, or quotas created by international organizations of which the parties are members thereof.

(9) The parties recognize the right of free commercial navigation through the waters and airspace of the other party, with adherence to local laws and procedures.

Section III - Defence and Security

(10) Both parties shall desist from any act of violence, any aggressive action, and any attack on each other, either individually or jointly with other powers. With the exception of other existing mandates.

(11) An armed attack on one party shall be considered an attack on both parties.

(12) The parties agree to share military intelligence that is believed to be in the interest of the safety and security of the other, so long as doing so does not compromise the safety or security of themselves.

(13) The parties shall take part in an annual naval, aerial, and military training exercise between their respective armed forces.

(14) The parties agree to an annual officer exchange between their armed forces to promote co-operation between their armed forces.

(15) In the interest of security and mutual defense the two parties give permission and access to military vessels through each of the other High Contracting Party's territorial waters under the following conditions

(a) An official communique shall be sent to the other Party's High Command as to the reason why military vessels are entering territorial waters.
(b) Prior to entering territorial waters a naval route, compliment, and plan shall be sent. Vessels shall not deviate from planned routes unless requested by the other party or it is in response to a SOS call.
(c) Neither of the two parties shall conduct military maneuvers in the others Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) without prior authorization.
(d) Continual communication shall be maintained while military vessels of one party are within the territorial waters of the other.
(e) The vessels shall at all times except where otherwise explicitly accounted for act in accordance with the Fair Seas Concordat.

Section IV - Special Agreements

(16) There shall be an annual sporting event held between the two nations in the sport of ...

(17) The Ecclesiastical State shall annually donate $1 billion to the Republic of Miteravia

Section IV - Miscellaneous

(18) This treaty shall be in force until either party withdraws from it. After which the treaty shall cease to be in force ninety days after notice is given. Notice shall be given in writing.

(19) The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed by both parties.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 12:02:09 PM by The Young Pope »

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2018, 11:21:44 PM »
'Excuse us now, Your Holiness, we, the ministers, vp and I must attend the vote briefly. Make yourselves at home, if your require anything at all alert the attache who will wait just outside the door.'
The Miteravian delegation took to their feet and promptly left the conference hall. The attache preemptively brought a tray of biscuits and jug of water for the Papal delegation.
Meanwhile in the other room the Speaker read the terms of the agreement out, causing a ruckus to erupt within the house. Minister Sebastian Faber, Head of the Worker's Party was the first to speak out, declaring the Worker's Party official position to be for the motion. Vice-President Hester promptly added that the SLP was to follow suit and any dissent would probably be near career suicide. In the event of no dissenters a majority was already secured. The Parliament was now to vote.
Out of the 395 present of the 403 seats (the 8 Old Guard MPs as always refused their seats including the one who had been present earlier.) the results were as follows:

371 Votes Yay to 24 Votes Nay
The nay votes had been the LOM of course, a handful of rebels within the MCP and one disgruntled MP from the Worker's Party who apparently 'Didn't like the idea of handouts from a Theocracy'. He was promptly laughed at. Miteravia and ES had now become official friends and the LOM had just discovered they held less voting power than rebel factions within the MCP.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2018, 08:44:26 AM »
Excellent...it seems the Miteravians know what they're voting for after all Peter said to himself as good news reached the room of the following results. "Now that we got this over with, I think it's high time to move on to the mass which starts at 6 o'clock I believe and a chance to speak a bit with the Archbishop."

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2018, 03:21:36 PM »
By the time the ecclesiastical delegation had arrived at Oklan Cathedral the television crews had already finished setting up for the nationwide broadcast of the papal mass. The archbishop descended the great marble steps at the foot of the Cathedral, dressed in his full regalia, his face a picture of pure elation.
'Your Holiness!' His grin so wide it would've pained anyone else. 'I almost didn't believe the news when I first heard you were to come here.The Lamb of God visits humble Miteravia at long last. God truly has blessed Miteravia and her people in recent years.'
His demeanour quickly changed, 'Forgive me I have not introduced myself properly, I am Archbishop Jakub Kvapil, a humble servant to You and God himself. I preside over the good Catholic flock here in Miteravia.'
The President and his second in command said their farewells and headed into the nave and took their seats, while the Archbishop guided the Pope into part of the building in which they could speak in private.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2018, 05:26:42 PM »
"Yes, I know who you are, I'm after all playing a large role in appointing my Bishops hehe. Great to see you Your Excellency, we got a few things to catch up on". The two clergymen headed inside into the sacristy where a few altar boys were already dreassing themselves into the proper attries for the evening's upcoming mass. They sat on a couple of stools and continued with their talks. "So status report my friend, how are things faring these days in Miterovia with our Catholic brothers and sisters of Christ?"

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2018, 06:14:12 PM »
'Oh, Your Holiness, since the conclusion of the civil war we have fared exceptionally better than we did under the yoke of the horrific dictatorship that came before. You see, Your Holiness, the Neužil were protestant heretics so naturally they did not take kindly to our brothers and sisters of faith.' The Archbishop's jaw clenched as he recalled the injustice. 'But since God has granted democracy is the new flavour of the day, Miteravians who had falsely confessed their faith as non-Catholic are now finally feeling safe enough to start returning to the fold, God bless. I don't suppose you've heard but recently a few...over zealous lay members of the church have become a little uppity calling for a secession of an all Catholic state. They came to me, offering me the post as head of their movement but naturally I declined as they are not the only Catholics within Miteravia I serve.' He shifted in his seat almost uneasily. 'Rumour has it they may be on the verge of consecrating an Anti-Bishop to attempt to overthrow the current administration but I am hoping your guidance and deliverance of Mass in but a moment will restore their faith in Unity.'

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2018, 06:24:40 PM »
What the Archbishop told him was truly worrying indeed. "Oh my...sounds quite serious and potentially dangerous, have you contacted the Intelligence Service as well as the President regarding this threat? I would classify this as as planned terrorism at best, excuse the harsh judgement as of now; also what they are suggesting to commit is utter heresy, conscecrating an illegitimate Bishop without approval from the very upper leadership which includes me?. Well as you said, I hope the mass will enable God's presence in their hearts, minds and souls. Let us pray for them to see otherwise..." he said taking a few minutes, closing the eyes.

"This will hopefully resolve itself, *sigh* The Holy See has a lot of tasks every day considering the large organisation and bucrecracy it takes to effectively rule the Church and a large nation, with the State potentially involving itself in the Phuebran Civil War to join our Achkarinese and Vaguzian friends against Islamic terrorists, the latest Napalm incident in our closest ally Quintelia...Consider yourself lucky Archbishop for not having a job such as mine hehe."

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2018, 06:57:13 PM »
'Oh believe me, You are a stronger man than I, this issue with the Western State has caused me many a sleepless night and it pales in comparison to the severity of issues you tackle daily. But yes I have contacted relevant members of the secular government and they are monitoring these...heretics. The government should be well equipped to deal with the situation. If ES and its allies are to require assistance from Miteravia simply contact me, Your Holiness, and I will make haste to Lobby the President and his cabinet; we consider each other friends, Mr Seiler and I despite the man's lack of piety I find him pleasant company and I believe the feeling is reciprocated so yes if ES requires aid especially against heathens I will certainly lobby in line with diplomats of ES. If Seiler was to ignore my requests I'm sure I could send funding or men from the church...Chaplains and others for example?'

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2018, 07:24:42 PM »
"Your help is much appreciated certainly, however the Miteravian government should speak with the Achkaerinese and primarily the Vaguzians if they wish to get involved of such a messy war, as well as having the actual will power to do it and not for the sake of entire our Agenda. Going back to the previous point, if I had to confront of this mysterious ring leader of such a conspiracy, I would just direct him to the Albigensian Crusade, end of story" The Pope said joking somewhat."Very well, is there anything else you'd wish to bring up Archbishop?"

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2018, 07:48:45 PM »
The Archbishop chuckled at the Pope's remark about the Crusades.
'Well I'll speak with Seiler but I feel he and the Mitervian electorate would be firmly against rushing into another conflict but the offer was presented out of servitude. Concerning the heretics of the West, they claim to be true Catholics so I am sure are well versed in the tales of the Crusades and I am more than certain that is why they have not made any wayward claims as of yet since they seek to undermine my authority not that of the Holy See. Certainly though I will instruct the local Bishops to deny any of these openly sacrilegious men and women communion, if you do not object of course. I personally have no further questions from you and I wait excitedly for your mass.' He replied.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2018, 10:24:15 PM »
"Confirming Your Prejudices!"

"Spinning The Latest News"

Pope at High Mass in Miteravia: The Church needs prophets

Pope Peter II's homily on Tuesday evening focused on the liturgical reading that narrates the stoning of St. Stephen, the Church’s first martyr.

Speaking during his homily at High Mass in the Oklan Cathedral in Miteravia, Pope Peter II said a true prophet is he who is capable of weeping for his people who do not heed him. He reflected on the liturgical reading of the day in which Stephen accused the people, the elders and the scribes of being stiff-necked people who always oppose the Holy Spirit, and just like their ancestors did, they persecute the prophets. Peter II said that those people did not have open hearts, they did not want to listen to Stephen and they did not remember the history of Vanora.

Just like their ancestors persecuted the prophets – the Pope said – those elders and scribes who were so infuriated rushed upon Stephen, threw him out of the city and began to stone him. “When the prophet speaks the truth and touches the heart, or the heart opens or becomes stone, anger and persecutions are unleashed” he said “that’s how life ends for the prophet”.

“Sometimes truth is not easy to listen to” Peter II pointed out noting that “prophets have always had to deal with being persecuted for speaking the truth. A true prophet, he added, is he who not only speaks the truth, but is capable of weeping for his people who turn away from the truth. And he recalled Jesus who, on the one hand reprimanded his people severely calling them an “evil and adulterous generation” and on the other, weeping for Jerusalem. “A true prophet is he who is capable of weeping for his people but at the same time of saying strong things in a direct way” he said.

And developing his theme further, Pope Peter II described a true prophet as someone who is also capable of giving hope: “Opening the doors of hearts, healing roots, reinforcing the sense of belonging to the people of God in order to go forward. “A prophet knows when to scold but knows also how to throw open the doors to hope. A true prophet puts himself on the line” he said.

Recalling Stephen who is put to death under Saul’s eyes in order to be coherent with the truth, the Pope quoted from one of the first Fathers of the Church saying: “the blood of martyrs is the seed of Christians”. “The Church needs prophets. What's more: it needs each of us to be prophets, not critics… this is something else” he said. He who just criticizes and is never happy with anything is not a prophet, Peter II explained, a prophet is he who prays, looks to God, looks at his people and when the people err, he weeps. “May this service of prophecy never be lacking in the Church, Peter II concluded, in order to be able to always go forward”.

OOC: If you got a pic of the actual inner part of the cathedral, do send the pick through Discord so I can edit this.

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2018, 06:11:29 PM »
Copies of the daily globe were circling through out Miteravia at the end of the first day of the Papal visit, the Pope's mass had been the second most watched event within the history of Miteravia's television broadcasts, the first being the signing of the constitution. For most of the nation it was the standard day to day geopolitical surge in interest the Miteravians were accustomed to, however in West Miteravia it had divided the Catholic majority in the region. Many had heard the Papal mass and identified with its message and chosen to abandon their opposition to the central government (those of whom already backed the government had their position reaffirmed), however those heretical few who ignored the teachings of His Holiness falsely declared their support for the government, plotting by candlelight. Was another internal conflict almost upon Miteravia or could Seiler and his new-found (Catholic) religious authority in Pope Peter II deter them?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 11:21:46 PM by Miteravia »

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2018, 10:17:04 PM »
The Pope was on his way back to the Sapphire Hotel to get a night's sleep, his visit to Miteravia wasn't over yet as it was just starting to get interesting, with rumors about something conspiracy-wise would happen, which naturally got some concerned such as the Cardinal Secretary of State, Adalberto Giancola who was certainly in the background during the visit but the one who had a lot of things done despite the 'anonymous' appearance. "Your holiness, as much as I admire your courage and strength in the face of all of this...I'm just afraid that something would happen to you, y'know these extremists are nothing to be played with, they-". Before he could continue, TYP raised his hand and calmed him down, he wasn't going to falter in his faith to the Lord, not at these times of criticality.

"Thank you my dear old friend, I get what you're trying to insuniate, but that wouldn't be who I am, I'm going to confront all the mosntrosities and the consequences that comes with it...Remember always pray to the Divinity, have faith in our Lord and Saviour, he'll keep us safe. Ah ah, no buts Alberto, no buts...Have faith, trust me as we will prevail." Giancola in a more calmed manner, simply nodded in slight approval, still couldn't shake off that uncertainty behind the fear, no he and everyone else loyal to the Pope had to do anything in their power to keep him safe, the Mother Church of all Christianity, whatever it takes.

He later went to bed that night, fell quite asleep fast after an exhausting day, though the last thing he thought of before succumbing...Pope Peter II aka The Young Weasel Pope.

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2018, 11:30:28 PM »
A cool breeze of crisp Oklan air blew through President Seilers room, the temperature dropped slowly as the evening progressed into night. He laid there with his eyes shut but certainly not sleeping; an infectious cocktail of excitement and elation coupled with juxtaposed worry and relief. With his wife asleep next to him he'd dare not move lest it woke her but his mind wandered much further than he did. The day had passed without issue as was hoped, diplomatically speaking the discussion of earlier had yielded more than he had hoped for. He breathed a great sigh he would try to sleepn although he knew it was unlikely. He was proved wrong however, it seemed exhaustion had got the better of him and he slipped away into a relatively peaceful sleep.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2018, 11:54:09 PM »
Morning prayer, a shower and a good, hearty Miteravian breakfast was what The Young Pope was currently focusing on as today's activites included a memorial, tour of West Miteravia and a cultural evening consisting of poetry and literature. Worrying about crazed heretics seeking to cause misery wasn't going to put his visit on a halt, on the contrary he was going to see this through and wasn't going to scare him off, as he perfectly told his cardinal friend the night before. He was naturally eating his fair share in the dining hall, eager to start the 2nd day of his visit.

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2018, 07:40:09 AM »
An attache entered the hall in which the Pope was taking his breakfast.
'Your Holiness, I trust you slept well, I've just come directly from VP Hester who asked me to inform you in light of the views of some people in the West, we are taking extra security precautions with a full military escort before, during and after the visit to the state. There are some demonstrations planned today but none on the tour route since most of the tour route will be lined with adoring fans and whatnot. If there is any trouble with demonstrators the local militia have been raised in the event they need to be dispersed.' The attached smiled and hasten to add 'It's entirely precautionary.'

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2018, 10:18:21 AM »
"Alright, I think everyone's done with breakfast, please lead the way."

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2018, 07:26:38 PM »
The attache lead the Papal delegation from the building and into the armoured cars that awaited them. The necessary belongings and possessions were loaded into the vehicles and the motorcade set off, making a beeline for the western territories of the Miterav mainland.
A couple hours passed before the motorcade joined with a column of other vehicles belonging to the President and his entourage, another hour and they would be deep in the west lands.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2018, 07:38:02 PM »
Peter and his group were enjoying themselves in the car ride which was suppsoed to take a few hours, out into the West Miteravian countryside. He took the opportunity to have some chat chat with the attache. "So could you provide some valuable inside regarding West Miteravia? Anything from its people, culture, languages, religions...you name it."

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2018, 08:41:18 PM »
The attache cleared his throat. 'Well, Your Holiness, is it is the area with the largest Catholic population within Miteravia due to this large proportion of the people being of Polish-Miteravian descent. This area speaks a subdialect of Miteravian called West Miteravia, rather uninventive if you ask me. This area was the original home of a significant amount of freedom fighters during the revolution and for that fact it was hit extremely hard by violent retaliation, they often felt a little scapegoated so they're quite resentful. The Protestant minority around here, slightly more in the north are the only constituencies to elect members of LOM to parliament. I believe you've experienced their...hospitality.' He stopped for a long pause and looked out the window. 'Your Holiness, sir, I never introduced myself. My name's Roman Zejda, Ro to my friends, the reason I was assigned to your personal detail today was I was born and raised in a village; Semily.' Another pause. 'Yeah not too far from here. My father was the parish pastor...' His voice faded off and he lightly chewed his bottom lip. 'Long story that, enough about me, yes the western Miteravians. Good people. Rather hard done by if you ask me but I guess you could say I am biased.' He smiled but a much more uneasy smile than Roman had made previously.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2018, 10:12:20 PM »
"I'm intrigued...Ro." the Pope simply said while noticing the attache's mysterious behaviour and attitude when talking about his own home, this revolution must've been such a huge impact on the populace that it isn't something that can be disregarded in an instant. At least they were heading into what his holiness was hoping to be, a friendly and very Catholic territory, it would probably feel like the Ecclesiastical State sort of. "Gotta tell you something Ro, there are some things that never change no matter the variations that preceed and follow...I'm talking about the Papacy and its duties itself; ever since the First Peter of his name embarked on this journey that Jesus entrusted it to him and 266 successors including myself; spread the faith, defend the faith, rule a large secular hold, trying to act like an excellent example of how a holy person should...well hasn't turned out perfectly but we Pontiffs at least get the job done...I'm telling you before I even knew it here I am riding with you in this vehicle, off to see the rest of the sheep flock like the Good Herder I am...gotta have the balls and will to do this, every day I'm learning something new and fascinating, some of which I never thought it would occur, likewise with underestimating certain aspects of it..."

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2018, 10:22:47 PM »
'That is very wise and very true, Your Holiness,' Ro replied, half nodding half cocking his head. 'There are certain things that remain universally constant, that much I can understand. But there is of course equal universal variation and that is something you can never predict until it has happened and once it has there's no going back.' Ro's gaze once again fell to the passing countryside that was little more than a green blur at this point in time. He sighed deeply and pursed his lips. 'Never thought for the life of me I'd come back here...'

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2018, 10:28:26 PM »
"Well if there's something that one has to always keep in mind of, that is to think before you act, I learned that the hard way while being the Pontiff, not a pleasant experience I must say. In any case my friend, I'll doz off for a bit so be the kind gentlemen you are and wake me up when we're there, alright?" The Pope said, closing his eyes for a moment and trying relax his mind and thoughts even if for a brief moment.

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2018, 07:49:06 AM »
The remainder of the journey passed uneventfully. The attache gently woke the Pontiff once the car had come to a standstill. They had arrived at a industrial park in Gwyza, administrative capital of Western Miteravia.
'Good nap, Your Holiness?' Ro smiled, 'We're in Gwyza so once you're sufficiently awake we will show you around the industrial estate we're in, to give you a feel for Miteravian ingenuity and industriousness.'
Ro offered the Pope a bottle of water,
'Would you like me to get you something to eat, Your Holiness?'

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2018, 08:59:42 AM »
"Thanks but it's not needed" the Pope replied taking the water bottle from Ro. "I do believe I'm more than awake so unless there's something else, we might as well begin the tour and save as much time as possible, if it isn't too much to ask of." Peter said.

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2018, 09:50:51 AM »
The Pope, Ro and other accompanying members of the Papal delegation stepped out of the car into the grey breeze-block parking structure. This floor was all but devoid of life as it had been closed to the workforce to maximise privacy and security for the Pontiff. They made their way to the service lift and ascended to the ground level of the industrial park. Gwyza's Industrial Park, Grauerborg, was the largest of its kind in Miteravia, a 3350 acre site employing more than 24,000 people for more than 100 different companies (almost entirely state owned enterprises).
'Your Holiness, welcome to Grauerborg; THE industrial heart of Miteravia and the centre of Miterav economic lifeblood: Steel.' Ro gesticulated towards all the corporate signage, in the distance, slightly inclined on a hill, a gargantuan lorry had pulled into a factory that was coughing steam from an array of large chimney stacks.

Ro pointed towards it. 'See that truck, Your Holiness, that right there is the raw iron and other materials that become steel, which are sold and those sales taxed to do everything here from paving roads to funding schools to making sure rubbish is collected.'
Steel and it's associated industries wasn't the only production taking place here, it was after all just an industrial estate on a much more epic scale.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2018, 01:11:54 PM »
"I'm impressed, it's simply wonderful with all of the matellurgy that's done here and how much it contributes to the Miteravian economy and overall quality of life." the Pope commented as they passed through the gigantic complex. "Is this exclusively for the state-owned companies or may private enterprises, especially of foreign entities, also have a fine slice of the pie so to say?" the Pope wondered, considering it could be an opportunity for Glencore PLC to do some business here as well.