Author Topic: The Catholics of Miteravia  (Read 16652 times)

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Miteravia
Re: The Catholics of Miteravia
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2018, 01:59:23 PM »
'Miteravia herself does not possess many private corporations due to constitutional restrictions designed to limit corruption, although the do exist; private corporations and SOEs are treated equally in terms of property rights so it's especially popular with foreign corporations since foreign entities are exempt from the risks posed by operating private companies to Miteravian citizens. It's a complicated system and I'm certainly no economist, Your Holiness,' Ro explained '...but if ES corporations wanted to purchase a lot here or elsewhere it wouldn't be too difficult I believe. Honestly I'd contact Minister Kulich, he's the Economic Minister and he really knows the ins and outs of this.'

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2018, 03:04:31 PM »
"I see. I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities for Ecclesiastical companies here in Miteravia" Pope Peter II said, feeling optimistic for the future that was to come between the two nations.

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2018, 03:04:16 PM »
'Yes, yes I'm sure Ecclesiastical businesses could expand into Miteravia with relative ease, the government would welcome the economic boost and the people would welcome the extra employment opportunities. Naturally that would generate money for ES with very little risk, be warned the tax rate is rather high but the state pays for worker's social security so there is trade offs, Your Holiness.' Ro explained, wracking his brain for everything he knew about registering businesses here.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2018, 03:10:35 PM »
"Thank you for this info, good to know. So what's more to show us Ecclesiasticals around here in this great complex of machinery and metal-work?" The Pope asked.

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2018, 11:18:14 AM »
'Well next on the whistle-stop tour is the grauerborg,'
Ro directed the Papal entourage over a sparsely grassed knoll. At the crest of the hill Ro began to speak again;
'This is Grauerborg, in Old Miteravian Grey Mountain or in Modern Miteravian German, Iron Mine.'
It was quite a site, a huge complex with trucks queuing like ants to take the raw iron away to the refinery and mineshafts running miles into the ground. Definitely very grey although very far from a mountain, since the whole sit rested in a valley.
'Another feat of Miteravian Ingenuity and Industrial prowess, Your Holiness.' Ro proclaimed.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 12:50:13 PM by Miteravia »

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2018, 02:25:02 PM »
"Beautiful..." the Pope simply said although he really felt the urge to talk about something else concerning beyond Miteravia. "I would like to mention our regional organisation, the Council of Albion; has Miteravia seeked interest to join it? I would also like to discuss some of our other neighbours, namely Lodja and Nya Åland, two different yet equally fascinating countries alltogether."

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2018, 06:32:00 PM »
'Please forgive me, Your Holiness, for I believe these topics to be above my station to discuss fully so if you don't object I will summon Minister Kulich who's currently on site not far from here review production quotas.' Said Ro apologetically, he produced a mobile phone and called Kulich, a brief discussion in their native language ensued. Ro hung up and smiled. 'He'll be but a moment. 5 minutes or less, Your Holiness.'

In precisely 4 minutes the Minister's car pulled up, the rear door swung open revealing the rather rotund man of around 50 years of age.
Minister Kulich introduced himself 'Your Holiness, My name is Milan Kulich, Milan to an esteemed guest of Miteravia such as your Most Holy self, Mister Zejda here tells me you wish to discuss matters of the Council of Albion and some of our neighbours? In terms of the Council, the cabinet does soon intend to put forward a bill to the Miterav Parliament allowing the government to petition for membership. As for Lodja and Nya Åland what do you wish to discuss?'
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 10:02:45 PM by Miteravia »

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2018, 08:12:00 PM »
"Thank you for lending some of your time Mr. Kulich, no I just wanted to recommend seeking out to these nations like how you did with us Ecclesiasticals, it would be a shame for these to get unnoticed..." The Pope simply said,

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2018, 08:51:22 PM »
Kulich nodded, 'Thank you for the advice, I know the Foreign Affairs Ministery was looking into reestablisbing diplomatic commuincation with some of our neighbours and I will certainly pass on your suggestions.' He bowed and went to take his leave, 'now, Your Holiness, I must depart as we're currently undertaking a full audit of all SOEs to determine a base level of the Miteravian economy so I'm rather pressed for time.'
Ro took charge again.
'Your Holiness, do you wish to see more of the complex or would you prefer to make our way to our next destination?' He asked.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2018, 09:06:34 PM »
"I would very much want to move on to the next destiantion, if you could be so kind..." the Pope replied.

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2018, 10:01:36 PM »
The group returned to the convoy and left the compound for the next destination, the largest city in Western Miteravia, Wolfstempel. The city was infamous for one reason; it was the epicentre of the Spring Uprising, a precursor revolt to the rebellion and subsequent civil war in which the city and her populace had suffered significant fighting. Since the conclusion of the war the city has rapidly rebuilt and re-gentrified itself making it an important cultural centre. Also it is notably conservative compared with the rest of Western Miteravia which is typically quite conservative.
The convoy arrived at the city's central boulevard, now home to many emerging theatrical companies, the street was lined with citizens whom had heard of the coming of the Pontiff. The Western Miterav Milita lined the near side of the fences -although much more sparsely than public lined the far side- separating the fanatics from the governmental motorcade.
'I haven't seen this many people on the street since...well ever really.' Ro stated.
Their immediate destination was the Spring Uprising Memorial, located right at the heart of the city.
They arrived.
Standing 20 feet high with more than 1400 apertures, cast from the strongest Miterav steel, Wolfstempel Memorial. Each of the 1400 holes signified someone who lost their life within the city limits during the uprising.
'Your Holiness, Wolfstempel Memorial...' Ro's voice trailed off.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2018, 08:49:22 AM »
The Young Pope upon arrival at this memorial, didn't say a word and instead with many onlookers took a small walk up to it. In front of it, he laid his hand and prayed silently, deeply for those lost, innocent souls to the Lord.

Immortal God, holy Lord,
Father and Protector of all You have created,
we raise our hearts to You today for those
who have passed out of this mortal life.

In Your loving mercy, Father of all,
be pleased to receive them in Your heavenly company,
and forgive the failings and faults
they may have done from human frailty.

Your only Son, Christ, our Saviour,
suffered so cruelly that
He might deliver them from the second death.
By his merits may they share in the glory
of His victory over sin and death.

For all the faithful who have died we pray,
but in particular for those dear to us,
parents, relatives and friends.
nor do we forget all who did good to us while on earth,
who helped us by their prayers, sacrifice and example.
We pray also for any who may have done us harm,
and stand in special need of Your forgiveness.

May the merits and prayers of our Virgin Mother,
Mary, and those of all the Angels and Saints,
speak for us and assist them now.
This we ask in Christ's name.

Amen.

Afterwards, the Pope turned his attention to the large crowd that gathered and decided to give a speech. "Dear Friends, I feel many different emotions standing here at the Memorial, where countless of lives were taken in a senseless act of destruction. Here grief is palpable. The water we see flowing towards that memorial reminds us of all those lives which fell prey to those who think that destruction, tearing down, is the only way to settle conflicts. It is the silent cry of those who were victims of a mindset which knows only violence, hatred and revenge. A mindset which can only cause pain, suffering, destruction and tears. The flowing water is also a symbol of our tears. Tears at so much devastation and ruin, past and present. This is a place where we shed tears, we weep out of a sense of helplessness in the face of injustice, murder, and the failure to settle conflicts through dialogue. Here we mourn the wrongful and senseless loss of innocent lives because of the inability to find solutions which respect the common good. This flowing water reminds us of yesterday’s tears, but also of all the tears still being shed today.

This place of death became a place of life too, a place of saved lives, a hymn to the triumph of life over the prophets of destruction and death, to goodness over evil, to reconciliation and unity over hatred and division. It is a source of great hope that in this place of sorrow and remembrance I can join with leaders representing the many religious traditions which enrich the life of this great city. I trust that our presence together will be a powerful sign of our shared desire to be a force for reconciliation, peace and justice in this community and throughout the world. For all our differences and disagreements, we can live in a world of peace. In opposing every attempt to create a rigid uniformity, we can and must build unity on the basis of our diversity of languages, cultures and religions, and lift our voices against everything which would stand in the way of such unity. Together we are called to say “no” to every attempt to impose uniformity and “yes” to a diversity accepted and reconciled.

This can only happen if we uproot from our hearts all feelings of hatred, vengeance and resentment. We know that that is only possible as a gift from heaven. Here, in this place of remembrance, I would ask everyone together, each in his or her own way, to spend a moment in silence and prayer. Let us implore from on high the gift of commitment to the cause of peace. Peace in our homes, our families, our schools and our communities. Peace in all those places where war never seems to end. Peace for those faces which have known nothing but pain. Peace throughout this world which God has given us as the home of all and a home for all. Simply PEACE.

In this way, the lives of our dear ones will not be lives which will one day be forgotten. Instead, they will be present whenever we strive to be prophets not of tearing down but of building up, prophets of reconciliation, prophets of peace...Amen."

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2018, 02:29:22 PM »
A brief moment was followed by an agreement of Amen from some of them more devout mixed in with a handful of whistles or cheers from the less religiously inclined and stunned silence or a muttering of agreements of those who fell further towards the centre of the religious spectrum. The crowd applauded the Pope's speech. Covered by the noise of the crowd Ro turned to the Pope, wiping a tear from the corner of his right eye,
'Absolutely beautiful, Your Holiness, I'd wager that with all the phones in the crowd the internet will see that and I doubt that Miteravia will forget that for a very long time.' Ro walked towards the monument. He placed his hand on its cold, argent frame. He muttered under his breath and looked at his feet and for a brief moment almost appeared morose.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2018, 04:48:32 PM »
"Thank you, was only fulfilling my duty of spreading the word of Christ wherever I go..." The pontiff simply responded.

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2018, 08:12:29 PM »
Ro straightened himself up, his face returning to his usual diplomatic smile.
'So, Your Holiness, do you wish to see more of this monument, say maybe the gardens or would you prefer to continue with the tour?' He asked.
'I believe the next stop would be our last for the tour of the western territories, unless of course there is anywhere specific you wish to see.'

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2018, 08:13:55 PM »
"No special requirements from my side, think I've seen it all here so let's move this tour on." the Pope said.

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2018, 09:03:53 PM »
The last stop of the day was to take them back to Gwyza, to meet with the Mayor of Western Miteravia Wojtek Pawlak. The venue of there meeting was Gwyza Diocese Cathedral, deemed to be fitting Gwyza's bishop who had unfortunately made plans to go on a mission to some far flung nation of Mundus before the announcement of the Papal visit.
The Papal convoy arrived in quick time, the roads once again cleared ahead of them to allow for faster transport. Gwyza Diocese Cathedral was considerably smaller to the one in Oklan the Pope had visited and it was more Gothic in architectural style rather than the Saxon style seen in Oklan.

Ro lead them inside. Mayor Pawlak of the Miteravian Conservative Party sat in the pews of the nave, a devout Catholic man, praying whilst counting on his rosary beads. The creek of the heavy doors opening did not cause the Mayor to sway from his Prayer. Ro cleared his throat.
'Mayor Pawlak,' the enunciation of the Mayor's name finally stirred him from his almost meditative prayer. 'May I present to you, His Holiness Pope Peter II.'
Before Ro had even finished the sentence Pawlak was on his feet, nearly skipping down the aisle towards him.
'Your Holiness,' Pawlak bowed and it seemed for a moment as if he was about to prostrate himself at the Pope's feet, while Ro stood just behind the Pope taken aback by the zealotry of the man. 'I am above humbled and amazed that you graced my lowly and meek state with Your Most High and Holy presence.'
Ro glared encouragingly at Pawlak with a look that said "yes be polite but stop making fool out of yourself". Naturally Pawlak ignored him.
'Forgive me, Your Holiness, I am Wojtek: Protector, Administrator and Servant to the State of West Miteravia, the state most tolerant of the True faith.' Pawlak said standing upright again. Ro covered his face with his hand in a feat of sheer exasperation. Indicating towards Ro, Wojtek continued,
'I apologise for my colleague here, those who work with and for the Liberals of this nation do not seem to grasp the great moral obligation they have to You, Your Holiness.'
'I think, Your Holiness, if you don't object, I will wait outside with the Miteravian security detail until you are done with Mister Pawlak here.' Ro interject.
'It's Mayor Pawlak, to you.' Wojtek shot back, glaring for a split second. Ro rolled his eyes and retired outside.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2018, 10:29:03 PM »
"Actually I do mind, please the both of you talk things through, make necessary apologies because I'm literally at the boiling point of summoning the Divine Wrath...Here I was preaching about peace and tolerance, and in the next moment we sure have had to witness the opposite, especially from a man who's said to be devout in the faith, well am in no direct position to judge character's morals but what's in front of me doesn't look good." the Pope said, drinking more from the water bottle as it was sure a hot day already.

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2018, 06:28:23 AM »
Ro spun on his heel and Wojtek's face drained of colour.
Ro was the first to speak, 'I apologise, Your Holiness, Mister- Mayor Pawlak and I differ in opinion on a few things. Mainly I'd would say it's our political allegiances are diametrically opposed, wouldn't you agree Wojtek?'
The mayor nodded still devoid of colour.
Ro continued, 'I understand as well he disagrees with a few more personal ...choices.'
Pawlak cut in 'I'm sorry, Roman, for being provocative and arguing with you in the presence of His Holiness.' He turned to the Pope. 'I am sorry for making a fuss during your visit, Your Holiness.'
Ro walked forward and offered his hand, 'I also apologise for all this as well...' Wojtek and Do shook hands.
Ro sighed, 'Just for the record, Sir,' He said addressing the Mayor. 'You know as well as I that I'm a good Catholic man, raised in a good Catholic household like and I understand that my homosexuality is often found to be incompatible with your full adherence of the faith.' Ro turned back to the Pope, 'I wasn't going to mention that, Your Holiness, but it wasn't going to be relevant during the trip.'
Pawlak interjected, 'Roman, I know things were you were more difficult than most during the war. Your father was a good man and I should give you the respect you deserve, I am sorry.'
Ro smiled softly at the Mayor...and then towards the Pope.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2018, 07:51:08 AM »
"Nothing to worry about chaps, am glad we could talk things through; it's really up to you Ro if you want to accompany us on this tour or prefer to wait outside. Might I just ask beforehand...do you have a 'partner' in terms of a relationship?" The Pope had to just know considering the Mayor must've gotten it all wrong regarding the stance towards homosexual Catholics.

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2018, 02:06:41 PM »
Ro became slightly red at the question posed to him.
'Er...no, Your Holiness, not since the war. He died as he lived, in service to Miteravia.'
Pawlak bowed his head, a mixture of sympathy and embarrassment.
'I'm sorry, Ro, I had no idea...' Said Pawlak, Ro waved away Pawlak's apology.
'The grieving is done, My friend, you need not apologise.' Ro explained.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2018, 02:36:17 PM »
Peter paused for a moment of his answer, before resuming. "I'm terribly sorry to hear that, I'm sure he was an honorable and righteous man in life as well as in death...my condolences for a great loss. Alright please Mayor show us the marvels of this Cathedral..."

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2018, 04:04:34 PM »
The Mayor's ears visibly pricked up.
'Of course, Your Holiness, Of course; this Cathedral is rather humble compared to those of much greater beauty in Oklan and ES although I would say out of personal preference this one is my favourite.' He grinned. 'It's around 1000 years old now, although this building is not the original; it's been rebuilt three times and I also think that legend has it that it was set up by a travelling monk from ES, which is why I picked this venue for us to meet in.'

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2018, 04:13:54 PM »
The Pope was now in a much brighter and lighter mood. "It's simply marvelous, that legend sure sounds exciting enough, stories like these should be cherished for the common good lest we forget them for an eternity. Looking at the itinerary almost forgot...an opportunity for me and some of my colleagues to take confessions, will probably last a few hours...Oh hello there great to see you again Archbishop, let's get this on the move and bring ppl back closer to the Lord...Thanks for showing around Mayor, I turst that you can show me the last bits of the House of God unless there aren't any." With that said, TYP and the other clergy prepared themselves, in each everyone heading into the confession booths; sheets of paper containing instructions were distributed as well as hung outside and inside the booths.

Peter II before allowing to take confession requested to pray for a few minutes to prepare his mind and soul to offer God's forgiveness to any regretful sinner.

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2018, 04:52:05 PM »
Ro re-entered the Cathedral to inform the Pope of the time and thus the schedule, however unbeknown to him the Papal delegation were in confession, alongside the Archbishop and Mayor Pawlak.
'Oh', he muttered, surprised.
He walked further in and over to the confessional booths, where he found the Papal delegation's confession coming to a close. Pawlak seemed almost high; his religious fervour clearly deep seated.
'Sorry, Wojtek, I must take His Holiness from you, we have a dinner and poetry reading to attend.' Ro said.
'No problem.' The Mayor said.
'Your Holiness,' Ro said addressing the Pope, 'I believe we are running out of time on the tour of the West so if there's anything you wish to do here or ask, now is the best time.'

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2018, 04:58:10 PM »
"Thank you gentlemen for reminding us, certainly we're just about done here, give us a few moments to pack up..." The Pope replied, giving his last prayers to the divinity befiore exiting the booth and following Ro to the next destination in mind. "Something good to drink and eat, with poetry in its finest form...wonderful looking forward to that." the Pope said as they entered the limo.

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2018, 05:59:22 PM »
The journey back to Oklan and subsequently the hotel was uneventful and fairly quick, upon arrival at the Sapphire the whole delegation could smell the food from the door. Countless aromas filled the air, Ro recognised the scent of Svickova, a personal favourite of his.
The main hall where the Pope had met the President had now been laid with the finest traditional foods of Miteravia. A choice of many different soups to start was before them. There was Bigos, Pyzy, Svichkova and many more for the main course. Desert was to consist of Berliner and different cakes and tarts. A range of different coloured, clear and cloudy drinks were dotted about the great tablecloth.
Vice-President Hester was there to greet them. 'Good evening, Your Holiness, I apologise for the absence of President Seiler, he has had to head off to the Bretonnian Republic. Please, sit and eat, I hope this all is to your liking.'

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2018, 06:04:46 PM »
"Yes I've heard, may God Bless President Seiler and the rest in their endeavors for these republics working and striving together for the common good...Let us Pray" the Pope said, thanking the divinity for the food that was cooked and brought up to the tables, before tucking in the savory meals. "Bigos is truly one of my favorites, sour cabbage can never go wrong with grilled meat hehe; I suppose the dear Vice-President here has a few topics we can entertain ourselves around that, surely." The pope suggested, enjoying every bite of the sour cabbage especially.

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2018, 06:23:19 PM »
'Yes, Your Holiness, if you don't mind my asking, what are your interests away from your duty as a statesman and leader of the Catholic faith?' Hester posited.
'Also I am in agreement, Bigos is certainly a delicacy however I must say I prefer my grandmother's recipe to that of our chef' He laughed.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2018, 09:49:20 AM »
"It's still in a work of progress when it comes to so-called interests, being Pontiff has led me to change some of them to fit with the divine schedule and as such I can unfortunately not give you that information." The Pope said, taking more meat to go well with the sour cabbage.