Author Topic: LISA Military Exercise 2018  (Read 5969 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
LISA Military Exercise 2018
« on: April 25, 2018, 12:40:44 AM »
OOC - for LISA peeps only please, would normally vignette this but there's some stuff coming in that may make it worth RPing this.

Princess Astrid Base, Great Northern Ocean

It was a big day for the staff at Princess Astrid Base, the commanding officer of the base Major Ezri Skarsgård, was up early and going through making sure the final preparations were ready, the briefing room was set, the Achkaerinese vessels assigned for the exercise sat either in port or just off shore, the pride of the Achkaerinese military sat there, the interesting note was that there was no aircraft carrier assigned - due to them both being deployed across Mundus, one in the Kyne and the other around the Lakhzovia situation but that was why the top brass had selected this island and nearby water for the exercise because the island had of course a couple of runways for the fighter jets positioned there.

"How are we doing?" Ezri asked stepping into the command centre
"Achkaerinese ships and planes on station, we're picking everyone else up at long range and closing." the officer watching the radar said
"VIP's?" Ezri asked
"Due any minute." the officer said
"Ok let's start positioning the targets for the first drill." Ezri said "Point Foxtrot."
"Yes ma'am." another officer said

Ezri smiled, it was going to be a long few days but she was confident her officers were up to the task.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
Re: LISA Military Exercise 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 09:33:45 AM »
Rear Admiral Dylan Hamilton onboard one of 2 Inquisitor-class frigates, 2 Legacy-class submarines, and 4 support ships finally arrived at the Achkaerinese military Prince Astrid Base, as they were there to represent the Priory of New Zion partaking in the country's first joint LISA military exercises, having already notified their foreign counterparts for their impending arrival.

"This is going to get very interesting indeed...Status report!" Dylan said, feeling excited that this event would finally happen, standing amidst the heightened activity in the command centre.
"Sir, it seems we're waiting for additonal attendees considering we're more than just two members..." an officer said.
"Ah...yes of course, thank you for delivering obvious news..." Dylan said in a sarcastic tone.

In any case, Dylan was also looking forward to meet this Major Ezri Skarsgård, a peculiar woman he had heard of...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 11:20:16 PM by The Young Pope »

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Kingdom of Vaguzia
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 12:59:07 AM »
Lieutenant-Admiral Javier Diáz Lopéz was onboard of the HMS The 6 Provinces sailing together with 4 Frigates and 3 Small Frigate class. These were the only available ships now considering most of Vaguziase Navy was around Phuebra. Lopéz looked at the horizon to look for the LISA allies, he could already see the ships of Bretonnia and Achaerin and he could see that this was going to be a huge practice. "Make everything ready for action we will soon begin he sais as the Vaguzian ships sailed through the waves.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 02:41:02 PM »
Ezri made her way down to the helipad where the arrival of the naval brass was taking place, there were two of them first was Admiral Joseph Stapleton and Vice Admiral Michelle Sherman, Ezri saluted the pair.
"Welcome to Princess Astrid Base sir, ma'am." Ezri said
"Major." Joseph said "Where are we?"
"We've spotted both Bretonnian and Vaguzian ships sir." Ezri said "No one else as yet."
"I see." Joseph said
"What about the exercises themselves?" Michelle asked
"We're setting up for the first exercise." Ezri said "Once we're ready with that ma'am we'll be ready for you to brief those involved."
"Meanwhile we'll have to hope Rokkenjima and Dartfordia turn up later than we asked." Joseph said
"Yes sir." Ezri said "It's their loss if they don't."
"I quite agree." Joseph said "We'll be in the mess."
"Understood." Ezri said

With the brass on their way to the mess Ezri turned her attention elsewhere, once the rest of the attendee's arrived she'd be happy, there were a lot of hidden gems due for a run out and now all that work was going to get put to the test.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 07:38:06 PM »
OOC - ok moving on, anyone not having turned up who wants in, you are now considered to have arrived

With everyone in the way of senior officers having made their way over to the base there was time allotted for refreshments and a little social time before everyone was assembled into a briefing room. It was left to Joseph Stapleton to lead the briefing.
"Ladies and Gentlemen this is a significant moment for LISA, it is our first set of military exercises. These are important especially at this stage because the only LISA nations with a history of working alongside each other in a military sense are Achkaerin and Vaguzia, it's important that the cohesion element is expanded to include other members of this organisation. As you can see from your briefing packets we have a comprehensive schedule to test the full breadth of our capabilities, exercises including mock assaults, naval battles, surgical air strikes and other exercises. You will also see several code references in the packets these are tests of new projects for military use, ranking officers will be given more details on these at the end of the first day of exercises." Joseph said "You will find rules of engagement including designated fire zones in your packets. Everyone has four hours to bring their people up to speed before operations begin at 16:00 hours."

"Anyone not actively participating, by which we mean observers may watch from the observation lounge on the upper level of this facility." Ezri said
"Let's get about it." Joseph said "I'll be over there if anyone has questions." he pointed to a corner of the room.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 07:11:31 PM »
Rear Admiral Dylan Hamilton being a member of the Order of St. Lazarus himself compelled to assure those gathered. "Major Skarsgård, I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank your government once more for accepting the Priory of St. Lazarus in LISA; Rest assured that we may be the smallest nation in terms of population and economy but one of the most committed so far, the first example being here and now with our presence in the military exercises. It's such a shame that more economically capable nations with large populations such as Rokkenjima don't seem to take the relations between us seriously enough. We New Zionites and members of the St. Lazarus Order hope our membership wasn't too late to change the future of this organisation...hopefully once we solve some of these persistent issues we can together provide more services and benefits. Also, me and my boys are looking forward to the new equipment that has recently been in talks." he said.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 07:34:00 PM by The Young Pope »

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 02:36:29 AM »

"Unlike my friend Rear Admiral Hamilton I see no need for such a noisy entrance," Commodore Rowe said as he turned his attention from a conversation with a liaison. "I would like to thank our Achkaerinese hosts and am certain our exercises will be successful, while as always the First Empire is more than eager to draw closer to its friends and allies. We've a full compliment of Pyrenan Mead aboard the Enterprise that will be ready to flow at the close of our exercises."

IRN Enterprise

The Mizuchi Class Destroyers

IRN Mizuchi
IRN Hannibal
IRN Sovereign

The Caroline Class Corvettes

IRN Arbiter
IRN Spirit of Elpidia

The Ruby Class Submarines

IRN Hunting Girl
IRN Northern Comfort

Two each Quasar and Corgan Support Vessels.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 03:14:17 AM »
Hamilton chuckled a little before responding. "Pardon me but a 'noisy' entrance? Surely you jest my good Commodore? I didn't know 2 frigates, an equal amount of subs and a few support ships would qualify as such considering your present fleet would fit the description more, more specifically the recent times with the 'First Empire'. But if the NZ fleet is impressive enough to be called 'noisy', be my guest. In any case, where are my manners? Greetings and Welcome, better late than never I suppose..."