Author Topic: A King and a President walk into a bar... (ATTN: Quintellia and Miteravia)  (Read 10247 times)

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Miteravia

To His Most Esteemed Highness King Ferdinand D. Adartse,

On behalf of the Miterav Government and the Miteravian people, I, Minister Dominik Schweizer, wish to invite you to attend a meeting in the capital city of Miteravia, Oklan with President Seiler and the cabinet. Diplomatic relations until now have been very minimal and we wish to correct the oversight of our predecessors and begin a diplomatic dialogue between our two nations for our mutual betterment.

The date of this event would be at the convenience of Your Highness and Miteravia will attempt its level best to accommodate to those needs.
We eagerly await your response.

Your sincerely,
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Dominik Schweizer

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib

OFFICIAL LETTER FROM THE PALACE OF QUINTELIA

To Minister Dominik Schweizer,

Greetings. We'd like to accept your invitation as we've seen your relationship with the Ecclesiastical State going good. It is my pleasure to go to Miteravia as to talk about a treaty between us. However, I'd like to request that we go to one of your famous pubs after the nerveas to taste the best liquor in Albion, or so I heard. Do expect my plane to land tomorrow morning.

Truly Yours
King Lapu

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
A delightful suggestion, Your Highness, we shall make the necessary security arrangements at the best pub in Miteravia and we ill await your arrival. We will clear an arrival time for you to land in Oklan International Airport tomorrow morning, please feel free to bring your own security detachment within your delegation if you feel our security measures insufficient or if you would just be more comfortable.

Yours Faithfully,
Minister Schweizer

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
"So, why bring me with you to Miteravia when you can do it all by yourself." Minister of Foreign Affairs Sofia Aliena asked King Lapu. "Well, I think you're going to be important on what I'm going to do." King Lapu kept scrolling on his phone looking at reviews of different pubs and bars in Oklan and its surrounding suburbs, with the slight turbulence not bothering him. "And would that be the-" She was cut by the pilot announcing. "We are about to land on Oklan Intention Airport, please fasten your seatbelt, your Majesty." Five minutes later, the plane has taxied on the tarmac and King Lapu and Sofia stepped out of the plane, waving at the flashing cameras as they walked towards President Seiler. "Such a pleasure to meet you, President." He held his hands out to be shaken.

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
Seiler took the King's hand in a warm handshake.
'Please Your Majesty, Eryk is my name among friends. President is my profession. Welcome to Miteravia, I trust your journey was uneventful.'
Seiler said humbly, releasing the King's hand. 'I shall be personally at your service throughout the trip and your personal comfort and enjoyment is my only goal.'
Seiler's attache walked over to where the heads of state were speaking.
'Forgive Your Highness, In case Mr Seiler failed to mention,' the attache began, 'I'm Roman Zejda, I'm security coordinator for this visit so may I have your permission to brief your security team on procedures here? Also Your Highness, Welcome.'
Zejda bowed slightly. Seiler rolled his eyes, slightly exasperated; he had known Ro would have go overboard with this whole security thing.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
"Well then, President Eryk, you could also just call me Lapu. Also, this is Sofia, the Minister of Foreign Affairs in Quintelia." King Lapu introduced. "Also, Sir Zejda, I'd say that I myself have my own political opponents, you can't prevent that, but I'd say that I'm fairly safe. Maybe just let five guards follow us. Anyways, where shall we start our meeting?"

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
Roman bowed; as he rose back to standing humbly agreed with the King and began walking in the appropriate direction. As Roman left Seiler turned to Sofia,
'Nice to meet you, Sofia, I am Eryk.' The President smiled. 'And to answer your question... Lapu, I believe you wished to visit a pub, if that is still your desire it is safe to say I know more than a few.' Seiler laughed. 'There's some very hip, artisan types just south of the river, or there's more rustic, traditional ones further towards the suburbs. The more classy type are around the North-East, just across the river from the Parliament building. We've prepared one of each for the visit so the choice is yours, your Highness.'

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
"Ah of course, picking what to meet." He laughed  before coming up with his answer. "How about this, let's go to that pub near the Parliament building for our treaty signing, then later this midnight, to the more traditional one for a personal talk about our lives, and before we part ways tomorrow, to the artisan type one. That way, we can experience your culture through liquor hehehe." He giggled like an excited child. "So, should we go there or do you have anything important to say?"

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
'No, no nothing of the sort, lets head off.' Seiler smiled, grinning like a Cheshire cat. The Quintelians followed the Miteravians into the Presidential limousine, both delegations had seats in the vehicle although the fit was rather snug. The King had been designated the most room, out of respect, and was sat in between Sofia and Eryk.
Seiler spoke: 'So, Lapu, Sofia...tell me about Quintelia, I am not massively familiar with your customs as say Minister Schweizer is and I'd like to become better acquainted with Quintelia.'
The car rolled off quietly and headed for the White Laurel public house in the Parliamentary district of Oklan.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
"Well, I'd say that Quintelia is a nation of contrast if you'd ask. We have the most polluted river but we have paradise on earth with white beaches. You'd see a don't tower beside a slum compound." King Lapu explained, though providing leg room for his seatmates. "He asked for our customs, not be an ad by the Ministry of Tourism." Sofia criticized the King, before smirking and leaning on the King. "Anyways, yeah. We tend to just go with what God or Destiny has for us. If something bad happens, we'd just solve it and move on. As for social graces, we're on par with missy nations." Sofia explained, still with her head leaning on Lapu.

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
Seiler nodded, intrigued by what he had heard. 'I can definitely agree with the policy of "if something goes wrong, fix it and move on" as we, to a greater or lesser extent, do the same sort of thing. You mentioned your ecological situation being very...contrasting; here our environment is preserved as much as it can be in a developed economy, although our biggest issue is the old battlefields are still heavily pock-marked with craters and suchlike. Also this huge steel refinery at a place called Grauerborg really chucks out the carbon pollutants so we're looking into improving that.'
The conversation continued throughout the journey across the city. The vehicle took a route pre-planned in such a way that the King could see a few of the wonders of the city.
First was the Jednota Bridge across the Okwoda River:

The largest bridge across the river and the most architecturally remarkable because it is constructed from varying-depth-post tension-box girders. The bridge is also a fairly new construction as with a lot of things in central Oklan, since the war had rendered many structures unstable, dangerous or just out-right levelled them.
Next, the limousine passed the recently refurbished Union State Building:

The tallest building in Oklan had not favoured too well during the siege in the Civil War, being hit with artillery and other munitions 11 times in the first day alone. This meant the building had to be demolished and rebuilt from the ground up, an expensive project but a worthwhile one at that as Miterav SOEs vied heavily for office space on its upper floors. The journey was coming to a close as the car was about five minutes from its destination now.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
"Well, if you're worrying about our environment, don't. We got it pretty much covered. We've got cleaning projects all over the polluted parts of our nation." King Lapu replied, hoping to not be shamed for the pollution of Quintelia. "And if you need help on clearing the scars from the war, we can help by sending volunteers of you'd need." He continued, now with a little tone of arrogance on his voice. As the convoy crossed over the Jednota Bridge, Sofia looked out of the window, seeing the relatively cleaner condition of the water. "Well, i give it to you Miteravians, you got a river in the middle of the city that isn't brown." Sofia said, with Lapu scoffing, and a few minutes later, they finally arrived at the White Laurel pub.

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
Seiler smiled, 'I don't doubt you have the pollution under control at all, I'm certain Quintelia has abundant natural beauty.'
He looked out the window at the Jednota below.
'It's one hell of a river yes, it wasn't always this clear, in industrial times it was pretty bleak and during the war...sections of the river favoured red most days of the week...as for the other post-war repairs I think we'll be alright although thank you for the most generous offer.'

With their arrival in the car park behind the pub, Seiler exited the vehicle to open the door for the King and Sofia.
'Here, Your Highness allow me.' He said helping the King out of the vehicle.
'And you, miss,' He said offering his hand to Sofia, 'We thought the car park would be a little more discreet as some of the journalists around here can be...uh...pushy and your visit had lit a bit of a fire under them hehe.'

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
"Ah, thank you, President Eryk for considering what those nosy journalists may be up to hehehe." Lapu said, as he straightened out the creases on his coat. "Joking aside, shall we enter?" The group entered the bar, to which Lapu sat down on the most secluded table, away from the other guests. He put his case besides him and leaned unto the sleek and smooth chair. "So, do you Miteravians drink while talking or drink after?"

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
The other patrons of the establishment murmured as the two heads of state took their seats. 'We often are found drinking; before, during and after talking.' The President laughed. A middle-aged man approached the table, he was dressed in a full suit, his hair hastily combed over.
'Your Majesty, may I introduce Niklas Strauss, the proprietor of this establishment, a decent fellow I assure you.' The President remarked.
'Thank you, Eryk,' Niklas, blushed slightly, he addressed the King, 'Your Majesty, it is an honor to have you visit my establishment. May your stay be comfortable and above satisfactory. If there is anything you require please inform me or my staff and we will get right to it.'
'Lapu,' Seiler interjected, 'As host it is customary I offer you a drink first, so what is your poison as it were.'

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
"Ah, thank you for having us here, Sir Niklaus." King Lapu remarked as he shook hands with the owner. "I'd say that this place here is one nice place. I'm inviting you to open a branch or two in Quintelia" King Lapu said and turned to his fellow leader. "Well I guess we Quintelians and Miteravians aren't that different. Since we're here in this fancy pub, might just get a glass of wine. Also, do they serve finger foods here?" King Lapu replied, leaning back on the leather chair, imprinting his back on it. "So, shall we start talking diplomacy before, during, or after drinking." King Lapu continued, with Sofia deeply sighing. "You do know that we'll be talking about the future of our nations and you're going to do it while drunk? Why don't we do the drinking later and talk now!" Sofia exclaimed, sighing after her short outburst. "Ugh fine, miss killjoy" King Lapu groaned, as he then turned to Eryk. "So, President Eryk, where do we start?"

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
Niklaus had heard the King's question pertaining to food service and darted off towards the kitchen to procure some finger foods for the King and his aide.
Seiler cleared his throat,'Well first of all I'd very much like to congratulate you for being able to contain the plague outbreak so effectively, Miteravia was spared it's horrors as no carriers of the disease had travelled here due to the ongoing Civil War at the time. Quintelia is exceptionally fortunate to have you running the nation, so the basis of this whole visit is hopefully so our countries can strengthen their ties so if horrific events like that of the plague outbreak come to pass then we can cooperate for our mutual benefit.'

As Seiler finished his explanation Niklaus exited the kitchen with a waitress in tow, both of their arms stacked with plates of different varieties of obložené chlebíčky.
'As requested, Your Highness, finger food of the utmost traditionally Miteravian. A sizeable range of toppings are available; if there's any topping you would prefer that isn't provided here, perhaps a Quintelian delicacy, I will do my best to arrange for it to be made available to you.' The publican turned to the the President,
'Eryk, I'd assume you would still like the usual.' Niklaus smiled.
'Mmm...yes, but as Miss Sofia had advised the King against drinking I'd better only have a smaller one.' The President joked.
'Haha, of course, Sir.'
Niklaus left for only a brief moment and returned with a small glass of whiskey, coloured somewhere between amber and dark ochre with two small soapstone cubes in it.
'There you go, Beyer Single Barrel Reserve, as you like it.'
'Thank you, Niklaus.' The President replied, Niklaus bowed and returned to the bar. 'You see, Lapu, Miteravia traditionally drinks vodka or beer when breaking the ice for business or diplomacy but personally I'm quite partial to good whisky.'

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
King Lapu took a piece and slowly ate it, raising his eyebrows in satisfaction. He then took another one before starting. "It want a big task honestly, but also not a small task either. But hey, at the least we made a great impression, eh." Munching on another piece, the King bragged. "Also Niklaus, can I have another serving of this? I just can't get enough of this. Now I'm telling you, I need you to have a branch back home hahaha." He sipped water as to help him swallow his food. "So, President Eryk, are you ready for a treaty? If so then I'll start on my version." He gave a sheet of paper to his fellow leader, with the draft of the treaty. The first part read:

Treaty of Friendship, Trade and Mutual Security Between the Empire of Quintelia and the Democratic Stated of Miteravia

Section I - Diplomacy

(1) The parties agree to maintain active embassies with each other. If summoned an ambassador shall present themselves to the host government within twenty four hours of the summons.

(2) Either party may request a twelve hour extension upon receipt of the summons should a level of seniority be required due to the issue concerned.

(3) The parties declare that they shall act in a spirit of friendship and cooperation with a view to further developing and fostering economic and cultural intercourse with one another, each adhering to the principle of respect for the independence and sovereignty of the other and non-interference in their internal affairs.

(4) Should disputes or conflicts arise between the High Contracting Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

(5) The parties shall allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visas aiding in travel between the two nations for purpose of trade, recreation, and business. These visas shall be available to anyone who meets the following criteria

(a) Has a stay lasting no longer than 100 days
(b) Has a return ticket
(c) Is able to fund the duration of their stay.
(d) Has no criminal record
(e) Is not deemed a threat to national security.
(f) All requirements have been fulfilled in accordance to local laws and procedures when conducting trade and/or business.

(6) The parties agree to the establishment of a system of extradition for persons accused of crimes in one country to the jurisdiction of the other. No extradition shall take place until compelling evidence has been presented and the country who would be granting extradition is satisfied that Articles four and seven of the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights will be met.

"So, does it look good, my friend?"

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
Seiler read the treaty carefully, nodding along as he did so.
'Yes, yes very agreeable indeed.' Seiler sipped his glass of whisky. 'I find no faults whatsoever in it.'
At some point after the King's request for another serving Niklaus must have slipped out unreservedly as he had quickly returned with another plate in hand.
'As requested, Your Highness, If you insist on me opening a branch in Quintellia I first must ask my accountant and the Industry Ministry, although after today I think I'm in the government's good books hehe... Anything for your Eryk?' Niklaus asked, the President raised his hand to indicate that he was satiated. The Publican turned to Sofia, 'Anything for you madam?'

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
“Well I guess that part’s done.” King Lapu said, taking two pieces of the food he can’t pronounce and folded them together in a manner that it would be like a sandwich. “Onto the next part, I’ll have Sofia here continue.” He continued on making little sandwiches while his partner went on. The next part read.

Section II - Trade

(7) The parties pledge to trade fairly with each other and to respect the lawful commerce of each party.

(8) Neither of the parties shall create taxes, limits, bans, or quotas on the goods or services of the other party on basis of their origin from the other party, with exception to such taxes, limits, bans, or quotas created by international organizations of which the parties are members thereof.

(9) The parties recognize the right of free commercial navigation through the waters and airspace of the other party, with adherence to local laws and procedures.

(10) Both parties agree on opening a total 200 hectares of land to be used exlusively by both parties for trade and/or economocal purposes.

“Any thoughts, on this one, Mister President?” Sofia finished before turning to Niklaus. “I’m in another nation so I’d think it’s good for me to have a cheat day on my diet. So if you have some pretzels, could I get some? Also, make them a bit saltier while you’re at it.” Sofia sipped from a glass of water as she looked at the King who was already halfway through eating the new platter of Obložené chlebíčk by himself.

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
"My pleasure, Miss." Niklaus smiled, then with a slight bow he walked off in the direction of the kitchen rather sharpish. Meanwhile Seiler was taking his time to read Section II of the treaty.
"I certainly like what I see," Seiler stated, "but could you be more specific regarding article 10, it seems rather vague is all. By trade and economical purposes do you mean business headquarters or do you mean more in the realm of just general commercial land? I do not object to any of it but I was just wondering about the specifics of article 10."

Niklaus returned from the kitchen, bowl of pretzels in hand, smile wide across his face. He placed the bowl of pretzels in front of Sofia.
"There you go, Miss, although if I you'd ask me this diet you mentioned is quite unnecessary for a woman as beautiful as yourself..." He said, his face reddening darker than pepperoni on what remained of the King's chlebičky.
The President interjected,"Regarding the 200 hectares, I'll have to clear which bit of land you'd be allocated with the Interior Ministry but I doubt it'd be much issue."
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 10:36:31 AM by Miteravia »

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
"Thank you for these.. and for flattering me But of course, I need to maintain my figure for my king.." Sofia replied to Niklaus as she kissed King Lapu. "Anyways, President, I'm sorry if I haven't explained this but by what the land used, we meant exclusive rights to certain ports that would give each other an advantage mostly in trade. If you'd prefer, we can adjust then however you please." Sofia replied, while she started munching on her food. "For the next part, I think that the King may be more comfortable in explaining the next part." She elbowed the King's side, who quietly grumbled before starting.

"With what's been happening between the more powerful nations, we smaller but relevant nations need to be together, and that's why I'm proposing this for you." King Lapu started.

Section III - Defence and Security

(11) Both parties shall desist from any act of violence, any aggressive action, and any attack on each other, either individually or jointly with other powers. With the exception of other existing mandates.

(12) An armed attack on one party shall be considered an attack on both parties.

(13) The parties agree to share military intelligence that is believed to be in the interest of the safety and security of the other, so long as doing so does not compromise the safety or security of themselves.

(14) The parties shall take part in an annual naval, aerial, and military training exercise between their respective armed forces.

(15) The parties agree to an annual officer exchange between their armed forces to promote co-operation between their armed forces.

(16) In the interest of security and mutual defense the two parties give permission and access to military vessels through each of the other High Contracting Party's territorial waters under the following conditions

(a) An official communique shall be sent to the other Party's High Command as to the reason why military vessels are entering territorial waters.
(b) Prior to entering territorial waters a naval route, compliment, and plan shall be sent. Vessels shall not deviate from planned routes unless requested by the other party or it is in response to a SOS call.
(c) Neither of the two parties shall conduct military maneuvers in the others Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) without prior authorization.
(d) Continual communication shall be maintained while military vessels of one party are within the territorial waters of the other.
(e) The vessels shall at all times except where otherwise explicitly accounted for act in accordance with the Fair Seas Concordat.

"So, what do you think?"

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
Seiler clasped his hands together, a look of elation occupied his face.
"This agreement will definitely strengthen both of our positions as the great powers struggle for the time being. Any friend of the Ecclesiastical State is a friend of Miteravia, we wholeheartedly accept this section of the treaty."
Seiler finished his whisky and turned to Niklaus.
"Could you please get me another one, old friend." He requested, handing Niklaus his glass.
"Certainly." Was the reply he was greeted with as the publican returned to the bar.
Seiler cleared his throat.
"If recent events have taught the Miteravian government it's that we must keep our friends close in this time of turmoil. Section III will hopefully protect not just our interests with each other but have a wider reach as well. We know the value of friend in a time of war, if it was for ES's military aid during the Civil War things could've turned out very different." Seiler's expression softened. "So yes! Yes, My King, we look forward to working alongside you as one of our closest allies."

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
"Yeah, I like what you're saying, and I do look forward to our first military exercise in the near future." King Lapu said, sipping water as to clear his throat. "Now, we're down to our last two sections, that I'm going to both present to you."

Section IV - Special Agreements

(16) There shall be an annual sporting event held between the two nations in the sport of _________

(17) There shall be an annual cultural exchange between the two nations.

Section V - Miscellaneous

(18) This treaty shall be in force until either party withdraws from it. After which the treaty shall cease to be in force ninety days after notice is given. Notice shall be given in writing.

(19) The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed by both parties.

"I'll let you decide what sport we're going to play, also, I'll if there's something you want to add, just tell me my friend."

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
Seiler nodded, "Yes the exercises should be very interesting; The sporting event of Section IV is something we undertake with our other allies and we normally suggest football as our national speciality..."
The President was interrupted by Niklaus's return, glass of whisky in hand. He placed the glass in front of the Seiler, who thanked him. He departed once more, with a smile sent in Sofia's direction. Seiler cleared his throat.
"So where was I... ah yes, football, if that's fine with yourselves. And by the way for Article 19 to come into effect officially there will be a vote in parliament but in all honesty it is a sure fire thing, cross-bench support guaranteed."

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
“Well, I guess the treaty’s done, I’ll just wait for it to officially take effect and well, it’s time for us to drink!!!” The King exclaimed as he ordered. “I’ll have the spy martini, clears throat which is a dry martini in a deep champagne goblet, then three measures of Gordon's, one of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it very well until it's ice-cold, then add a large thin slice of lemon peel. Got it?” King Lapu said while trying to imitate Bond’s accent with Sofia rolling her eyes.

“Before we drink, here’s the treaty, and at the bottom you can sign it once your parliament approves of this, or whenever you want.” Sofia said as she kicked the King’s shins under the table. “Why do you have to immitate your favorite movie character?” Sofia angrily whispered to the King, who coughed and sarcastically replied. “It’s the book that’s better.” Sofia sighed and placd the treaty on the table.

Spoiler: Treaty of Friendship • show

Treaty of Friendship, Trade and Mutual Security Between the Empire of Quintelia and the Democratic Stated of Miteravia

Section I - Diplomacy

(1) The parties agree to maintain active embassies with each other. If summoned an ambassador shall present themselves to the host government within twenty four hours of the summons.

(2) Either party may request a twelve hour extension upon receipt of the summons should a level of seniority be required due to the issue concerned.

(3) The parties declare that they shall act in a spirit of friendship and cooperation with a view to further developing and fostering economic and cultural intercourse with one another, each adhering to the principle of respect for the independence and sovereignty of the other and non-interference in their internal affairs.

(4) Should disputes or conflicts arise between the High Contracting Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

(5) The parties shall allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visas aiding in travel between the two nations for purpose of trade, recreation, and business. These visas shall be available to anyone who meets the following criteria

(a) Has a stay lasting no longer than 100 days
(b) Has a return ticket
(c) Is able to fund the duration of their stay.
(d) Has no criminal record
(e) Is not deemed a threat to national security.
(f) All requirements have been fulfilled in accordance to local laws and procedures when conducting trade and/or business.

(6) The parties agree to the establishment of a system of extradition for persons accused of crimes in one country to the jurisdiction of the other. No extradition shall take place until compelling evidence has been presented and the country who would be granting extradition is satisfied that Articles four and seven of the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights will be met.

Section II - Trade

(7) The parties pledge to trade fairly with each other and to respect the lawful commerce of each party.

(8) Neither of the parties shall create taxes, limits, bans, or quotas on the goods or services of the other party on basis of their origin from the other party, with exception to such taxes, limits, bans, or quotas created by international organizations of which the parties are members thereof.

(9) The parties recognize the right of free commercial navigation through the waters and airspace of the other party, with adherence to local laws and procedures.

(10) Both parties agree on opening a total 200 hectares of land to be used exlusively by both parties for trade and/or economocal purposes.

Section III - Defence and Security

(11) Both parties shall desist from any act of violence, any aggressive action, and any attack on each other, either individually or jointly with other powers. With the exception of other existing mandates.

(12) An armed attack on one party shall be considered an attack on both parties.

(13) The parties agree to share military intelligence that is believed to be in the interest of the safety and security of the other, so long as doing so does not compromise the safety or security of themselves.

(14) The parties shall take part in an annual naval, aerial, and military training exercise between their respective armed forces.

(15) The parties agree to an annual officer exchange between their armed forces to promote co-operation between their armed forces.

(16) In the interest of security and mutual defense the two parties give permission and access to military vessels through each of the other High Contracting Party's territorial waters under the following conditions

(a) An official communique shall be sent to the other Party's High Command as to the reason why military vessels are entering territorial waters.
(b) Prior to entering territorial waters a naval route, compliment, and plan shall be sent. Vessels shall not deviate from planned routes unless requested by the other party or it is in response to a SOS call.
(c) Neither of the two parties shall conduct military maneuvers in the others Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) without prior authorization.
(d) Continual communication shall be maintained while military vessels of one party are within the territorial waters of the other.
(e) The vessels shall at all times except where otherwise explicitly accounted for act in accordance with the Fair Seas Concordat.

Section IV - Special Agreements

(16) There shall be an annual sporting event held between the two nations in the sport of football

(17) There shall be an annual cultural exchange between the two nations.

Section V - Miscellaneous

(18) This treaty shall be in force until either party withdraws from it. After which the treaty shall cease to be in force ninety days after notice is given. Notice shall be given in writing.

(19) The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed by both parties.

Signiture:
For the Democratic States of Miteavia: ________________
For the Kingdom of Quintelia: King Lapu

“Now that we’re officially done, I’ll have a fine glass of gin, please.” Sofia finished.

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
Seiler laughed along with the King's impression, "That was a rather good impersonation, Lapu, although personally I'm more of a Sean Connery man myself."
He scrawled his signature at the bottom and summoned an aide who emerged from the middle distance.
"Parliament, please, when they convene tomorrow schedule this for the first vote, thanks." The president handed the document over.
Niklaus promptly returned with the King and Sofia's drinks in hand.
The publican spoke, "Your Highness, I took the liberty of using some Sawicki Luxury Reserve vodka. Only the best for you, naturally."
Seiler looked down at his drink as Niklaus bowed and left, the president was slightly taken aback.
He leaned towards the Quintellians.
"He must really like you, he once told me he'd only open that bottle 'once Hell itself froze over'." Seiler returned to his normal sitting position. "If I remember correctly he won it at a poker table; in place of a $100,000 bet apparently. It's damn good trust me."
He took a large sip of his whisky. "Are you both enjoying yourselves so far?"

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
"I actually liked the Connery movies, though I can't seem to imitate his accent." King Lapu said as he continued to giggle. "Anyways, I'm hoping to see you more, like in international events and such, cause you're a charming man and-" He was cut off by Niklaus giving the drink and the President's very sorry anecdote. "Well then, I guess hell did froze over, because we're cool. Eh?" The King sipped from his drink, to which he savored every drop from his first sip. "I mean, damn. I think all other drinks' ruined." He sipped more. "That small change changed it all, wanna taste?" After he gave the drink to the President, he took a cheque from his briefcase and began signing his signature down. "Sir Niklaus, I can't thank you enough, that's why I'm giving you this." He gave the cheque with the amount 5,000,000 dollars only written on it. "Anyways, we're having a good time here, a little too much if you ask me hahaha."

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
"I...uh...wow...I mean thank you, Your Highness... I can't even..." Niklaus stammered, turning a very pale. He looked down the number, finding the decimal place after seven digits.
"Wait right here." He requested, regaining part of his composure. He darted off clearly in search of something.

The President pursed his lips, still savoring the sip of the drink. "That was very generous of you, Lapu." He mused, "And Miteravia hopes to be sending more representatives to international events. I will happily attend any international event graced by the presence of friends such as yourselves. I'm glad you're enjoing-"
The President was cut off by Niklaus' flustered return, Sawicki vodka in hand.
"My King, as a token of gratitude for your most generous gift, I insist you keep the rest of the bottle. Please take it as a small token of my appreciation." He insisted. Adjusting his shirt, Niklaus continued, "As you suggested earlier I will certainly open a traditional Miteravian pub in Quintellia and I will use this money to do so. Thank you so very much."
All the while the President smiled, elated for the new opportunities Niklaus had been afforded by the King's generosity.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
“It’s nothing, considering that I give tips like that to those that serve me, although this tip is the biggest that I’ve ever given.” King Lapu said to Niklaus. “Plus, I’ve been doing it before being a king. It’s just something I believe everyone that can afford should do. It’s just a Christian way of life for me.” He continued, as he finished his drink. “Erik, I assure you that we Quintelians are in most international events.” Sofia remarked, as she continued to drink. “If it isn’t me or the king here, you’ll surely see some Quintelian that would be more than happy to meet you.” She continued, as she also finished her drink. “I like to thank you for this wonderful time we had with you. I hope this isn’t our last time meeting.” The King shook Niklaus’s hand as he took the bottle with hesitation.