Author Topic: The Return Of The King  (Read 10498 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Re: The Return Of The King
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2018, 09:09:11 PM »
Cassandra sighed as finally the Pegasus came within a few thousand metres of the Gypsy Dancer most Achkaerinese Captain's didn't much like playing taxi driver but there were exceptions and this situation was one such occasion.
"Ok that's it." Paul said "We're where we want to be."
"Good." Cassandra said, she picked up the radio "Attention Gypsy Dancer I repeat attention Gypsy Dancer this is the INS Pegasus approaching you from the south west" she took a deep breath knowing that she was about to deliver the wake up call "The Count of Saika requests the presence of his fiancee immediately." she clicked off the radio

"Not bad." Paul said "Think they'll comply?"
"Well Count Ravenswood doesn't seem too flustered about this whole thing, almost like he knows something no one else does." Cassandra said "Send the Stymphalia to pick her up and her alone."
"You got it." Paul said "Why was that the decision from the Count?"
"Because he's thinking about the other aspect of this at the same time." Cassandra said "Helm bring us to a thousand metres from the Gypsy Dancer and come to a full stop."
"Aye Captain." the helm officer replied.

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Seaforth
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2018, 10:38:18 PM »

Captain McCaffery listened to the message from the INS Pegasus and scrunched up his face and looked over at his first officer.

"Who the hell is the Count of Saika?"

"Never heard of him, Sir."

Captain McCaffery paused in thought for a moment before responding.

"INS Pegasus, this is the CSS Gypsy Dancer. Request denied."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2018, 11:34:27 PM »
Cassandra rolled her eyes Way to go Cassie, use the name not the title she mentally reprimanded herself as Emerson stepped onto the bridge, just in time for the next surprise.
"Cassie we've got an incoming transmission." Paul said
"From?" Cassie asked
"The Austrana" Paul said
"Rokkenjiman Imperial Yacht coming to the party?" Cassie asked "What do they want?"
"To talk to the Count." Paul said

"I'll take that." Cassie said "Patch it through SCION. Sir what do you want to do?"
"I'm already doing it." Emerson said, he had his phone out and was dialling Evanthe's number. 

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2018, 12:06:48 AM »
Evanthe answered the phone, blissfully unaware of the quick dissemination of events aboard the Dancer. "Hi," she said as she excused herself from the room, "I should take it as no surprise if you'd made your way out here, right? We've much to discuss, so I would be happy for you all to come aboard the Dancer so that we may do so." She waited for Emerson's reply, her mind dwelling upon every scrap of anxiety it could find.

"Quite the gathering, wouldn't you say?" Beatrice asked rhetorically as the Austrana continued to close in. "Is this SCION compatible with secured ICON communications?" she asked, her confirmation coming in the form of a nod. "Good, get on there and let's see what precisely is going on. While you're at it, inform the Gypsy Dancer it is our intent to follow them to port and offer whatever assistance I can render for the duration of my stay.

"INS Pegasus this is Her Majesty's Yacht Austrana, utilizing secured communications via Graft. The Empress is aware that something is afoot involving Princess Evanthe and will request the audience of Count Emerson upon his convenience."

CSS Gypsy Dancer this is Her Majesty's Yacht Austrana, Her Imperial Majesty wishes to request permission to come aboard. Please acknowledge."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2018, 01:16:36 AM »

As Evanthe left the room to answer her phone, Joshua pulled on a fresh uniform. He realized he was still wearing a goofy smile as he glanced back at the disheveled rack where he and Evanthe had just spent a considerable amount of time.

With nothing else to do but eagerly wait for his son, he left the room and headed up to the bridge, just in time to overhear the Austrana’s message. He locked eyes with McCaffery and nodded once.

“Austrana, Austrana...this is the Gypsy Dancer. Permission granted.”

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2018, 01:57:22 AM »
Beatrice departed the Austrana via boat, anxious as to what she would find upon boarding the Gypsy Dancer. Having no siblings of her own Evanthe and Euphemia had always been more like sisters than cousins to her, with even Adriana and Lucius calling them 'aunt'. Having traveled the distance between the Imperial Yacht and the Dancer Beatrice made her way onto the vessel which had itself gained a reputation in Rokkenjima as 'The Unsinkable Lady'. "Greetings," she said, "I do believe I am expected."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2018, 03:56:41 AM »

On the bridge of the Gypsy Dancer, the communications officer received a message.

“General Rhodes! Incoming communication from the Dauntless.”

Joshua picked up the secure handset to hear the voice of his cousin.

“Andrew? What is it?”

“Joshua...Josiah is on the INS Pegasus. The count of Saika has him on board.”

“I see. Thank you Andrew.”

Joshua replaced the handset.

“Send a message to the Pegasus. Tell them to transfer my son over immediately. Im going down to meet with Beatrice.”

The Empress Beatrice was led into the bowels of the ship. There she was led into the officers boardroom. The door opened and she saw a man with his back to her. Entering the boardroom, the man turned to meet her. Breaking into a wide grin Joshua greeted her warmly.

“Hello, Beatrice.”

“INS Pegasus, INS Pegasus. General Rhodes requests the immediate transfer of his son over to the Gypsy Dancer.”

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2018, 04:35:42 AM »
"I fucking knew it!" Beatrice said with the biggest smile she'd had for some time, "It's good to see you again, I always knew that death couldn't take you quite so easily. We've something in common in that regard, when an assassin failed to kill me the vermin moved on to assassinate my character yet, here we stand. I'm sorry Alex couldn't be here with me but he has a host of obligations elsewhere but I'm sure you'll be seeing him at some point. I do apologize for rambling, however, it's been so long and there's so much you missed that I feel we'd need a weekend before we covered even half of it."

"Anyway, as soon as I heard there were developments surrounding Seaforth I diverted course, and I'll be staying here to help until you either no longer require it or I annoy you into banishing me from Seaforth, we'll see which happens first. Speaking of which I've been holding onto this for a while, a sort of present for when we next saw each other. Alex was certain I was crazy but I told him that I'm usually right about these things and to trust his wife's intuition."

Beatrice removes an envelope from her purse and presents it to Joshua who, upon opening it, is greeted by a shower of confetti. 'Something nice' is written within it, "I don't need you to tell me a word, I know that the sum of each situation facing you right now is quite heavy, it would be for anyone. Whether it's rolling up my sleeves and helping on the ground, a shoulder to lean on, or just an ear to listen we can pick up the pieces together, just as I'll help you pick all of this confetti up. You knew you had it coming eventually though," she said with a playful punch to his shoulder.

"Now then, I do understand Josiah is inbound if I heard correctly? I've been....well, I haven't been around often but in those times I saw a strong reflection of you. She struggled somewhat at times but Evanthe remained strong, the stories she'd tell of you to Josiah always brightened his eyes so beautifully. To see our family reunited, I know that whatever fate tempts to throw at us it's going to be alright. Now, do you have a broom and dustpan handy?

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2018, 12:35:16 PM »
"Evanthe there are bigger things here than what you and I need to talk about." Emerson said he blew out his cheeks as he looked down the corridor towards the room where Amy and Josiah were likely playing board games like nobody's business, he knew the importance of explaining everything to a child before turning their world upside down, he'd been there with Amy he could remember when he'd explained to her that she was his adopted daughter not his biological daughter it had been a long afternoon in Saika that day "I need you over here on the Pegasus because you need to sit down with Josiah and have a conversation about Joshua, or I need to have your permission to talk to him because you and I know that while it's absolutely important Joshua is reunited with his son it's also important that Josiah knows what's going on."

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2018, 10:50:58 PM »

Joshua smiled as Beatrice rambled on, bubbling over with energy pent up for much too long, buzzing around the boardroom like a Rokkenjiman bee.

“I’m sorry I missed Alex, but I’m glad he is keeping busy. It seems we were both prisoners for a time...in a way.”

Joshua grinned at the card, battered and creased from being carried for so long and delighted in the flying confetti, pleased she had remembered. They taked as they swept up the confetti, exchanging pleasantries and killing time until Evanthe could join them. This was a pleasant and relaxed Beatrice, very different from the intense and proper Emperess he had remembered.

“Indeed, and I can’t wait to see him.”
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 12:44:49 AM by Rhodes »

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2018, 09:07:26 PM »
Amy looked up as Emerson entered the room where she and Josiah had been waiting, though that was probably putting too finer point on it in truth they'd been playing games. Emerson was still on the phone with Evanthe.
"Ok...and you'll be on the helicopter?" Emerson asked "Ok I'll get the Stymphalia sent over to get you and then you can come pick him up...You realize the last time I flew one of those things was years ago? Ok I'll sweet talk the skipper for the flight back...I love you to. Bye."

Emerson hung up the phone
"Evanthe?" Amy asked
"Yeah." Emerson said he noticed the game of Chess the two were playing "Did the crew not have anything else?"
"Well they had Snakes and Ladders but we played five games of that on the trip already." Amy said
"And the chef was getting annoyed that you were eating the crew out of ice cream." Emerson said
"So what's happening?" Amy asked
"We're sending a helicopter over for Evanthe." Emerson said, she comes over picks up Josiah, she tells him on the flight back to the Dancer."
"And then?" Amy asked
"Then me and Evanthe have got to sort things out." Emerson said
"And you really want to do that on the Dancer rather than here?" Amy asked
"Well unless you fancy holding a helicopter steady over the Illumic while the two of us have a heart to heart I haven't got much of a choice have I?" Emerson said, he went over to the rooms radio

"Captain Asquith this is Count Ravenswood." Emerson said over the radio
"Go ahead." Cassie answered
"Can you send the Stymphalia over to the Dancer to pick up Evanthe Rhodes?" Emerson said
"On its way." Cassie said
"And I'll be flying the return trip if that's ok." Emerson said
"Just don't scratch the paint." Cassie said "What about the other thing that you mentioned?"
"I'll let you know." Emerson said

Emerson put the radio down and turned to Josiah
"Come on let's go see your mother." Emerson said, he led the trio out of the room, through the ship and up to the deck, the Stymphalia was there waiting with Evanthe sat aboard, Josiah climbed into the back with her while Amy and Emerson took the flight seats.
"Let's go." Amy said
"Just no music this time." Emerson said as they achieved flight
"Is that the Austrana?" Amy asked
"Oh you are kidding me." Emerson said as he spotted the Imperial Yacht "Advise the Dancer to clear their deck and get landing clearance."
"Got it." Amy said

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2018, 12:11:14 AM »
OOC: Going to time bubble this in order to allow other RP to go forward.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2018, 03:35:13 PM »
"I'll be sure to give him a hard time on your behalf on our next call," Beatrice said with a smile.

"I saw the pictures by the way," Beatrice continued, nudging Joshua's shoulder. "I still remember the day we found out you and Eva were together, Alex's protests, "How can she be so dumb, I thought she had better taste!" she said in an affectionately mocking tone. "I always knew it was a perfect match, and to see how you've grown together, and how she's grown in your absence, but the way you both lend each other strength you form a union that is rare. In these chaotic and darkening times that is what we need to see in the headlines: the triumph of love against all odds. Well, when dealing with a Rhodes, I suppose the odds should be adjusted."

"We do need to determine where Rokkenjima can be of the best effect on the ground, as well as where portable shelters would be of the greatest benefit," she said as she shifted gears towards the reconstruction efforts. "I will also be at your disposal, if you need an extra person working on the ground. Seaforth has never abandoned us in our times of need, so it's the least I can do while I am here."

"Also," she said, producing yet another envelope, "I've kept the original all these years, it bears your father's signature," she said with a smile. "The Rhodesia portion may be redacted, however, I'm glad that the Pyrettania-Eventide Accord stands to this day."

Spoiler: show
Treaty of Friendship, Cooperation and Security Between The First Empire of Rokkenjima And The Kingdom of Seaforth
The Pyrettania-Eventide Accord

Rokkenjima and Seaforth;

Desiring to strengthen and formalize the bonds of peace and friendship existing between them, and to uphold the principles commonly shared between them,

Desiring further to encourage closer diplomatic, cultural and defensive cooperation between them and to promote conditions of tranquility and prosperity in their countries,

Reaffirming their faith in the purposes and principles of the Commonwealth Treaty and the Fair Seas Concordat, and their desire to live in peace with all peoples and governments,

Recognizing that they have the inherent right of individual and collective self defense,

Considering that they have a common concern in the maintenance of international peace and security upon the Ardian and Cotf Aranye continents and abroad,

Having resolved to conclude a treaty of friendship, mutual cooperation and security,

Therefore agree as follows:

ARTICLE I

The Parties undertake to settle any international disputes in which they may be involved by peaceful means in such a manner that international peace, security and justice are not endangered and to refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any manner inconsistent with international law and norms.

ARTICLE II

The Parties will contribute toward the further development of peaceful and friendly international relations by strengthening their free institutions, by bringing about a better understanding of the principles upon which these institutions are founded, and by promoting conditions of stability and well-being.

ARTICLE III

The Parties, individually and in cooperation with each other, by means of continuous and effective self-help and mutual aid will maintain and develop their capacities to resist armed attack.

ARTICLE IV

The Parties will consult together from time to time regarding the implementation of this Treaty and, at the request of either Party, whenever the security of the Parties or international peace and security upon Ardia or Cotf Aranye is threatened.

ARTICLE V

Each Party recognizes that an armed attack against either Party in the territories under the administration of Seaforth or Rokkenjima would be dangerous to its own peace and security and declares that they would consider action to meet the common danger in accordance with their existing domestic and international commitments.

Each Party shall agree to share military intelligence that is believed to be in the interest of the safety and security of the other signatory.

Each Party shall host annual military exercises, held in Rokkenjima and Seaforth on an alternating schedule.

Each Party shall agree to consult upon matters of common security and interests, whether they concern Ardia and/or Cotf Aranye, directly or abroad.

The terms of this Treaty shall not supersede those commitments already existing to the CSTO, CIS or other such international accords.

ARTICLE VI

For the purpose of contributing to the mutual security of Rokkenjima and Seaforth, as well as the maintenance of international peace and security in Ardia and Cotf Aranye, both parties are granted the use by its air and naval forces of facilities, ports and air fields in each nation.

Seaforth shall be granted a portion of land upon Hoshiko Island for the construction of a naval base. This land shall be recognized as the sovereign territory of Seaforth, with this status being renewed on a decennial basis. Likewise, Queen Adriana Military Base shall be recognized as the sovereign territory of Rokkenjima, with this status being renewed on a decennial basis.

ARTICLE VII

This Treaty does not affect and shall not be interpreted as affecting in any way the rights and obligations of the Parties under the Charters of the CTO, CSTO, CIS or other such international institutions.

ARTICLE VIII

This Treaty shall be ratified by the First Empire of Rokkenjima and the Kingdom of Seaforth in accordance with their respective constitutional processes and will enter into force on the date on which the instruments of ratification thereof have been exchanged by them in Pyrettania.

ARTICLE IX

The Treaty shall create an annual Rokkenjima-Seaforth Cultural Festival, celebrating the unique cultures of Rokkenjima and Seaforth. The Pyrettania-Eventide Association will organize an annual festival to be held in each nation in turn annually.

The Treaty shall also also allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visa aiding in travel between the nations for purpose of trade, recreation and business.

ARTICLE X

To promote joint economic prosperity between Rokkenjima and Seaforth there shall be no tariffs imposed upon goods transported between the two nations.

Taxes upon corporations or other business entities originating from either nation shall be granted a reduced tax rate when constructing offices or operations in either nation, so long as construction contracts of manufacturing and production in such properties are granted to corporations or business entities in the two nations.

The Treaty shall seek to promote the establishment of a student exchange program, allowing Rokkenjiman and Seaforthian students more expansive and diverse educational opportunities.

ARTICLE XI

This Treaty shall remain in force until such a time either Party views it as no longer serving their best interests.

Either Party may give notice to the other Party of its intention to terminate the Treaty, with due reason being stated, in which case the Treaty shall terminate one year after such notice has been given.

IN WHITNESS WHEREOF the undersigned Plenipotentiaries have signed this Treaty.

DONE at the City of Pyrettania, Azukishima Prefecture, Rokkenjima in the Rokkenjiman, Gaelic and English languages equally and authentic, this 7th Day of November, 2014.

For Rokkenjima:

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princes of Littlebrook

For Seaforth:
King Josiah II Rhodes

Having granted landing clearance Evanthe prepared herself for how she would talk to Josiah, eager to see him reunited with his father. She looked forward to the two of them having their own stories to recall, not just those she relayed to Josiah of his father. For now her focus could only remain on Josiah, other matters of heart could be approached once the reunion had taken place.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 04:19:18 PM by Beatrice »

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2018, 02:52:11 AM »

Joshua smiled at the memories.

"I'm glad too. We will need all the friends we can get in the days ahead. For now, I'm just glad to have Evanthe and Josiah back. Everything else is secondary."

NOW HEAR THIS, NOW HEAR THIS. CLEAR THE FANTAIL FOR INCOMING STYMPHALIA.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2018, 10:04:55 PM »
Emerson kept the Stymphalia hovering until the landing pad was clear
"All clear." Amy said
"Ok we're going in." Emerson said, he brought the helicopter in over the pad and gently landed on it "Ladies and gentlemen thank you for flying air Ravenswood we hope you enjoyed your flight." he switched the engines off, waiting for the rotors to stop spinning.
"That's it." Amy said "Rotors are stopped. I'll get the rear door."
"Ok." Emerson said then he turned to the radio "Pegasus this is Stymphalia one we're aboard the Dancer."
"Copy that." Cassie answered, Emerson removed the headphones and rubbed his eyes, it had been a long day so far and it was probably going to get a whole lot longer.

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2018, 10:31:59 PM »
OOC- As Mountjoy is retconned the Raphalites are replaced by something broadly similar called The Mashgiach