Author Topic: Dining Denmands - Tim Carpenter & Admiral Eidmeier  (Read 4188 times)

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
Dining Denmands - Tim Carpenter & Admiral Eidmeier
« on: May 06, 2018, 10:21:55 PM »
To Tim Carpenter,

there's a Table reserved at this nice authentic Moreland Restaraunt, the old Chopping Block, in Freestone.

Since i was in Moreland to visit my daughters and Grandson i decided to meet up with the man being a small thorn in the side of a certain Denmanding Personality.

It would be preferable if you'd arrive in adequate clothing.

Admiral Matilda Eidmeier, of the Imperial Neu Uburzis Navy

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Dining Denmands - Tim Carpenter & Admiral Eidmeier
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 09:59:57 PM »
Tim didn't know much about his dinner partner, he'd done a bit of an internet search and found out she was some kind of mercenary mermaid woman , that intrigued him and so he'd put on his traditional red tunic, strapped on his sword and headed off. He got a few glances as he walked through the streets, the red cotton tunic belted at the waist, his jeans on underneath and a pair of skating shoes on his feet. Many people recognised him as Tim was one of Freestones most famous sons. He had no idea what the phrase "adequate clothing" meant, after all it was highly unlikely he'd turn up naked. He'd been here a few times, the Chopping Block, it prided itself on it's Game Pie, a traditional and popular dish consisting of usually at least three different animals and a good helping of gravy. The restaurant itself was all oak panels and shields hung on the wall, traditional clay pots served as glasses for everything but wine. As he pushed the door open the smokey aroma of meats roasting over an open fire hit his nose as well as the feeling of several people looking at him.

"Mr.Carpenter" the manager hurried over recognising the former Chief Councillor. "I had no idea you had a reservation.....do you have one? I'm sure it'll not be a problem." the man spoke quickly.

"I'm meeting someone, a Matilda Eidmeier, she booked the table" He glanced around, he'd found a few pictures online but wasn't sure if she'd look the same in real life, photos had in his view a habit of doing that. He followed the manager to the table keen to see why else hated Denman.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 12:12:36 AM »
Less than subtle Matilda had positioned two bulky women in black suits on the table next to her, as she sipped some water with a slice of lemon in it. Her gray hair was tightly fit into a knot as she leaned back, a strain falling to her face as she was browsing the menu, raising an eyebrow as she got notified that carpenter had arrived:
"Good evening, Mister Carpenter." she would shake his hand if he let, a firm strong grip: "How nice that you could make it. I hope it wasn't too much of a short notice."
Seeing the man in the flesh, she was almost disappointed he didn't show up naked, he might have come out of looney town recently but he did have some looks on him. Getting a wrinkle out of her Uniform she nodded: "Take a seat, Mister Carpenter. I think we might have some things to discuss. It seems there is a person we both for our own reasons can not stand."
She put down a copy of the international version of the Uburzis Newspaper Magazine Featherflight on the Table tapping slowly: "To be quite frank, the fact she, of all the people, dares call someone a misogynist when she herself undermines women left and right wherever she walks rubbed me more than a little the wrong way. And that's only one thing about her that gets my blood boiling."

As a waitress approached, Matilda nodded slowly: "I'd start with the Morelander appetizer plate accompanied by cider, and as Main course i'd go for your Famous Game pie with a fine Red wine. We will see later if there is need for Desert."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 10:41:35 PM »
As Tim approached he shook hands with the woman, "Thanks for the invite, bit out the blue but being unemployed these days means I've kind of got nothing much on." He noticed the two women and wondered quiet what he'd got himself into, some kind of clandestine meeting? As Matilda talked about Denman he had to shake his head. "This might surprise you but I agree with Denman on some things. Sam Halliday is a scumbad and Matilda Osman should never have been Queen. You see..." he edged close to her and lowered his voice, "You see for years I thought the Gods spoke to me, you see me and Jekar had a deal and it all stemmed from the fact he thought King David was screwing up. The man's the descendent of the saviour of humanity, Raimond Unasson.....nice guy, I've meet him..."Tim smiled, "and that means the Ironside blood line is special, the East Moreland nobility are supposed to be able to trace their lineage back to Unasson's companions, the Osman's are new nobility so they can't, so Denman has that bit right." he leaned back again, "What she has wrong however is the way she goes about her message, whether I agree or not Matilda Osman was my Queen, that means she has my respect. What she also has wrong isn't her twisted version of the Cult of Helus, hell when she dies and meets the guy and Jekar begins her punishment before sending her to oblivion she'll get whats comin to her for that. My issue with Denman is simple, you can practice whatever faith you want as far as I'm concerned, but as soon as you start imposing your belief onto someone else your a bitch. Trying to change my buddy Jekar's temple isn't on and I'll stand against that all day long."

The waitress had appeared and Tim hadn't even looked at the menu, "Garlic Fried Chicken Liver to start please, then I'll have the medley of game sausage please, although no rabbit but extra bear....and I will be having pudding" he handed the unopened menu back to her as she headed for the kitchen.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 10:48:41 PM »
Matilda waved off, leaning back and sipping from the cider that had arrived:

"Your people and ours have a very different viewpoint on what makes a strong bloodline. But that's aside the point. What annoys me about Denman are several Key elements. No matter how much you dislike or hate a woman, insulting her and degrading her publicly like Denman did just after she has to deal with an ill child again is just below disgusting. A Person like Denman has no shame to cash in on other's Misery, and i will not stand by and let this Woman go unchallenged for the Way she Treats others. Maybe your former Queen was unfit, a whore, or a Bitch. But the stunt Denman pulled last year riding her campaign on the back of an unfortunate infant is beyond sickening."

Sipping some more from her cider, Admiral Eidmeier put the Glass down somewhat harder, her Eyes seeming ablaze from a candles flame: "I have fought Decades for the right of Women to be Soldiers. I have meddled in Foreign wars, and buried the Daughters of many People. What Denman pissed me off with, is that she tries to Beautify a sign of a Warrior." The elderly Admiral cracked the knuckles in her hand, before continuing:

"My sisters in Arms and i have sacrificed family and some their lives to battle. And War isn't pretty. A Warrior isn't beautiful. And a woman doesn't define herself through beauty. She want's to emphasize Women and Soldiers as delicate Daisies? Make war Graceful? Make fighting a dance on a warm summer eve?" This Time Matilda slammed one of her Fists on the Table: "I say screw her Plans. Fuck her, sincerely. I am not going to let her. If she want's to play woman's right and equality card, she has to get through me first."

Leaning back Matilda took a deep breath, taking another sip from the Cider: "Short version, i had left my three kids at home with their fathers, never married. Fought for my rights, and succeeded. And now she comes around and pisses me off again. Our Motives might not be the same on why we dislike her, but i think if done right we are two important Pieces to play against her."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 07:25:20 PM »
"Warriors can be beautiful" Tim was thinking of the visions he'd had in his life, among them was the goddess Marissa, the goddess of beauty, fertility and new growth, in the great battle against the Underlords she had taken up arms and fought, the most beautiful creature in all of creation in the midst of bloody battle. "Some would argue the skills of the sword are a thing of beauty, watching someone really skilled is like watching a beautiful dance. Making a warrior beautiful is not a concern, making someone something they are not is a problem." He grabbed his napkin and took a pen out of his pocket and set about sketching, he held up a picture of a bald headed soldier in battered armour only across his shoulders, his chest and stomach a criss cross of scars, two ran in jagged lines across his face. "It is believed Jekar became such a good warrior by dying so many times, each time learning more and perfecting eventually the art of war. Each scar shows one time he died for us. To remove them takes away the hardships you and I know battle brings"

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 10:47:10 PM »
"War is never Beautiful. Every scar a Memory when you had to take a Life. Let's agree to Disagree there, but i understand what you mean with the warrior God. Taking away the Pain and the Ugly Truth of what it takes to be a Soldier or a Warrior is just missing the mark by a mile. Let's settle at this. We both have our Reasons wishing to ensure she gets down a keg or two."

As the Appetizers came in Matilda scratched her head wondering what the thing son her plate even where. She took a delighted bite out of something very juicy, before looking up and down on Carpenter: "Where you ever married? I am sorry for being so blunt, but my knowledge of Moreland Public Personalities  is still a bit rusty."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 11:12:44 PM »
Tim went quiet for a moment, it was well known he'd almost been married, after all there was the mega breakdown he'd just recently got over where he'd actually formally invited the whole of the CTO to a BBQ to meet his daughter and fiancee. It had been 10 years ago now, he remembered it everyday though as it happened just a month after the arrival of his still born daughter Jessica. He saw Jessica often, she never aged past the age of about six but she was happy there in the after life with Jekar watching over her and Marissa teaching her everything a young girl should know, she had friends too including Prince Caspian and the two often played close by in the daisy strewn fields as Tim and Jekar chatted. It was Jessica's arrival and Chloe's combination of grief and post-natal depression that lead to her taking her own life only weeks away from their marriage. She'd written a note and slit her own wrists because she couldn't stand the thought of Jessica being alone. In the days following Tim had thought of following her and Jessica and on more than one occasion since he'd been close. It was then that his meetings with Jekar had begun, the God telling him of his special "mission" but never actually telling him what it was.

"Nearly" Tim said finally after he was sure he'd seen the leather skinned giant in the corner of his eye. It had been weeks since he'd seen him, Tim hoped that his action in Seleucid at the start of the Cultist genocide had been his mission, but it seemed that it hadn't been and in the aftermath the visions had only intensified. "I got close" he added, "My fiancee...Chloe....she died" he said quietly.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 03:10:55 PM »
So no one to feel guilty about, Matilda thought to herself as she indulged in her food, smiling warmly and understandingly: "It must have been hard, no wonder. Such a young man all alone and half the World looking on your action as secretary of the CTO."

She chewed down something, before wiping her lips gently, softly putting the napkin aside: "Anyway back to Topic. Are there any obvious weak points we could use against her? Or do we need to just ensure people see her claims as wrong? I mean, i could ensure the little Princess get's some international spotlight If need be. Nothing more sweet like a little girl princess and animal funds. I don't like pushing children to much to the spotlight, but it would be a way to look her even more ridiculous by promoting your princess without directly talking about denman."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 11:03:14 PM »
Tim choose to ignore the mention of his past, it only brought bad memories first his father's death, then Chloe and Jessica, the four bullets that struck him down during the regency crisis and then the horrors of the Cultist genocide, a moment where he was forced to take life which was something he had hoped he'd never have to do. The thought of those sword thrusts in Seleucid sent a shiver down his spine even now.

"Denman is someone who loves publicity, everything we could do is a double edged sword. On the one hand it could cause her a problem but then on the other it gains her publicity. What we need here in East Moreland is to give her enough rope then she'll hang herself. The Royal family are loved, if she goes after them enough then sooner or later you'll see a backlash. Try roping Rhiannon in though you'll find a problem." He thought for a moment or two. "There are many reasons the HoneyBadger is the animal of our nation. King David epitimises this when it comes to his children and so you try manipulating his daughters image then you're looking at playing with fire. You're yet to come across Malcolm Tucker, he's the King's press secretary and a bit of a Rottweiler, he has the power to make or break anyone in the East Moreland media and as such weilds signficant influence. You want to achieve any PR involving the Princess you need Tucker, and he's not likely to give it to anyone unless David softens. So what are you thinking when you say promoting her?"

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2018, 02:53:38 PM »
Eidmeier waved off, smiling:

"We Circumvent them. You know the former Queen Denman hates with a Passion? IF you can get me a Schedule when she gets to have her Daughter stay with her, then i'll make sure former Queen Matilda either Speaks in Front of some Children Healthcare Society in Uburzis or some Marine Animal Trust fund.  If i play it right i get some very special Guests as sidedish, but that might get complicated. Point being, Rhianon is spending time with her Mother, and her Mother is representing East Moreland. I'll make sure it gets enough Press Coverage."

Eidmeier lowered her voice, leaning over closer: "If all fails we throw in a staged assault by a faked Denman Supporter. It's not like Denman didn't crash Princess Freyas Wedding Either."

She leaned back, cleaning up her Appetizer Plate: "Of course i won't risk the Princess getting Traumatized. Her Role is, in my Plan, only to be present. Denman already is trying to slander her, so she is Part of the overall Narrative already anyway."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2018, 10:02:08 PM »
Tim was concerned, there were things you just didn't do in life and one was to manipulate children for political means. "I have two conditions if I am to do this. The first is you realise that Matilda Osman can not and should not represent East Moreland in any official capacity. She lost that right once King David removed her title of Queen, she is a good woman at heart no doubt and has enough influence as an Osman and for the actions she has taken for charity to be able to act in this capacity as a private citizen. The second condition is that you will not have any kind of physical assault take place on or near her and Princess Rhiannon. Beside you'll have at least one royal protection agent with Rhiannon, the last thing I think you'd want is some actor being shot by accident. If you meet these two conditions I can make introductions to Matilda of course."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2018, 10:58:24 PM »
Matilda leaned back, as she watched Tim lay out his concerns. She had hoped him a little bit less, conservative, about his means to achieve goals, but she could work with what she got:

"The whole idea is that Matilda Osman might seem to represent East Moreland. This is the Part we achieve through the Princess. We shift reporters focus more on the Girl, have them talk about how the Moreland princess visited. How the Princess of East Moreland and so on. We basically sideline Her mother, yet make a point about how she brought her daughter there. That it is, in fact, going to be an Osman focused event, is the whole point. We want to make sure they rile up over something that isn't what it seems it is. We want them to rally behind a fake offense. No Question, it would be tricky, but the pay off would be the more sweeter. Just like real Snowflakes we will first swirl up her followers, and then blow them away in a blizzard out of their own making."

She leaned back, tilting her head: "Also i was more thinking of throwing mud at Matilda Osman when Rhiannon isn't around. I mean i have some ideas to go even further. You said Tucker hates when the Princess is being attacked? We could try set up a viral video of someone off camera with shaky footage yelling..." she paused for a moment, as she took a bite: "Maybe... Not My Princess, disown the Mud Blood?" Matilda looked around, making sure her two comrades made sure people kept out of listening range:
"Best part with that would be we don't have too even let this be real. we fake the voice yelling over actual footage. This is the Beauty of the Internet. If you do it right, it doesn't have to be real to make. But the People following it will look like Dumb asses."

As the Admiral chewed on some more food, she shrugged: "Of course that's a little extreme.  We should only resort to such drastic measures should the initial Backlash be to low. No use in Shooting up your own Arsenal and only getting some Smoke but no Results."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2018, 09:02:59 PM »
"Look I can probably get Matilda and Rhiannon to visit your nation. We've both got links to the various charities she's involved with, clearly she's at a much higher level but we do chat occasionally." Tim finished off his meal, "I think the best approach would be to have Matilda attend some kind of marine event, get your people to link it to the Wild Mundus Organisation and I suspect I can convince her to go. You may need to be flexible with time to try and have it that she'll have Rhiannon, but I think as long as its her custody weekend or week or whatever then she'll go. You'll have to put up though with the fact that you'll have a East Moreland Royal Protection officer with her, last thing you want is someone your using getting shot." Tim said nervoulsy.

"So you need to get me some dates, a venue and the like and I'll see what I can do."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2018, 09:27:13 PM »
"Then it's settled. Just send me a Schedule of a weekend where she has custody. I can organize something as soon as we have the days ready." the admiral said, before leaning back, more relaxed: "And don't worry. As i said, the approach is to go more on social media and to twist the perception. Denman isn't a Borelander, she's blunt, but not that blunt. We do have to emulate her style after all."

After sitting through the remaining courses, the admiral, smirked at Carpenter:
"So, you think your Mother is going to miss you or we can go for some Drinks at a Bar? Not that it matters, but just in case, i do have some lovely Lodgings in a Hotel nearby."